This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careca View Post
    Only heard it on the news last night. Said something about the owner being Irish or of Irish descent and that negotiations were on going.

i love the GAA, but this was not one of their finest moments. Of course it was only one clue (TD) but I suppose they come under the one umbrella. Few Rovers fans I know have boycotted all GAA games since because of it. Whoever advised the court case should have been fucked out of the club.
    Think thats Dan Rooney, current U.S Ambassador to Ireland

Comment

There's gonna be a religious debate on Pat Kenny this morning, atheist v theologian, should be interesting.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
        I think im developing insomnia, its a direct result from of working night shifts imo, i just cant seem to get a decent nights sleep at all recently, specially on my nights off, ill sit up all night restless and when i eventually get to sleep ( at like 7-11 am ) it will be for no more than 2-3 hours..

Its like my mind is constantly racing and unable to settle down. Any advise appreciated
        It's advice, other than that I haven't a clue.

Comment

Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Think thats Dan Rooney, current U.S Ambassador to Ireland

yep plus steelers have been here before

notre dame vrs army/navy is going ahead in crocker anywayz

Comment

Ferrer is really putting to Murray.

Comment

How would the finance work from the GAA side?
                I'm guessing that the NFL wouldn't pay a cent of ground-hire, no need to when there are a half a dozen cities begging to host a game.
                And don't all the merchandising profits get put into a big pot divied up between all 32 franchises at the end of the season?
                And again I'd expect that if a franchise is giving up 1 of their mere 8 home games each season that they'd be planning to keep all their gate receipts.

So is that the GAA would be expected to do this for nowt, for the good of the economy or whatever? How does it work for the Wembley games?

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                  yep plus steelers have been here before

notre dame vrs army/navy is going ahead in crocker anywayz
                  When is this happening Stoney? Have a nephew mad into it and he'd love to see Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                    When is this happening Stoney? Have a nephew mad into it and he'd love to see Notre Dame.
                    Just googled it, 2012 it seems. Will have to get tickets to that if still about

Comment

I think im developing insomnia, its a direct result from of working night shifts imo, i just cant seem to get a decent nights sleep at all recently, specially on my nights off, ill sit up all night restless and when i eventually get to sleep ( at like 7-11 am ) it will be for no more than 2-3 hours..

Its like my mind is constantly racing and unable to settle down. Any advise appreciated
                      Brian this has worked for me for years and I know it works for a lot of other people. leave a radio running very quietly in the background tuned to the bbc world service. When you start to wake your attention can be taken by whatever random stuff they are talking or the news from some bizarre part of the world you have never heard of and it helps to distract from the stuff that gets your mind racing and you wil learn a lot too.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

have a wank

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          One of the guys in work is in love with that runway model look.
                          To the point where he acts as if he doesn't find normal girls attractive (my normal I mean regualr sized, girls with curves etc)

He was ranting about this one today, i quote "beautiful bone structure"
                          He was a bit offended when I said, she's meh, i want bewbs

BBV's view?
                          Uber thin does nothing for me.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                            Finally cashed in the Fitz eom,Blinds 4/8k i have 12k, half hour later 4.8k for the chop, result. Well done Joe as well
                            Originally posted by dinjo99 View Post
                            Fitz. Eom, Midnight. All in for 6 bb with 67. Called by AK.

Flop: K94. Start putting on coat.

Turn....5...

River...3.. Sit down again.

6am: Ship the 5 way chop for €4,800

I run good in that tourney,,
                            Nice one, great stuff.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

There is a condition called "brain fire" basically when your mind wont stop racing and thinking the whole time. I think your supposed to try and stay in bed as little as possible-ie if you havent been able to sleep in an hour get up and walk around-then return to bed twenty minutes later or so. I dont think there is much you can do really-not ideal having a messed up sleeping pattern where you have to work nights.

Maybe consider having a child. You wont have any problems after that.

Went through a few weird sleeping stages when younger-the first I adored sleep and it was the thing I looked forward to after coming back from school and training, I regularly slept for 10 hours plus a day. Then while working in a bank (shudder) where it felt like I slept maybe 4 hours max a night for 12 months. I remember one time while working at the counter giving out the loots falling asleep and whacking my head against the class panel that seperates you from Joe Public. Pleasant.

Comment

nytol

Comment

i suffer from insomnia. The worst thing you can do is lay in bed when u cant sleep. If you have not fallen asleep after an hour get out of bed. try to do something that will focus the brain cleaning, reading a book. Dont watch tv or play on your laptop. Its important not to use your laptop in bed or watch tv in bed. You need to get into a routine that your bed is only associated with sleep. try and establish a routine such as bed no later than say 1. (i ruin this by going out and stuff but thats ok) Also even if you havent slept get up at the same time like 8 or 9. You may be wrecked for a few days but it will help after a week or so.

All this fails doctor for magic sleepy time pills.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Brian this has worked for me for years and I know it works for a lot of other people. leave a radio running very quietly in the background tuned to the bbc world service. When you start to wake your attention can be taken by whatever random stuff they are talking or the news from some bizarre part of the world you have never heard of and it helps to distract from the stuff that gets your mind racing and you wil learn a lot too.
                                    explains a lot. BOB, meditate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                      Kenny looking awful weak over those election debates. He's not even that bad at debating
                                      If I was Kenny I'd agree to debate with the party leaders of the other two largest parties as indicated by the opinion polls this weekend. Any smaller parties below that such as FF can fuck off.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                        Uber thin does nothing for me.
                                        she looks pretty hot to me. I also prefer some curves but to discount the thin girls is madness - I guess I can have the thin ones and you can tackle the fat birds with everyone having a go at the middle

Comment

Yeah, I've never slept really, even when I was young which is a bit weird I think. The only thing that helps for me is getting up really early and doing a fuck load all day so that I'm utterly exhausted by the time I go to bed and can't think anymore. If I don't do much during the day I'll routinely lie awake for 6/7 hours with my mind racing.

To be honest, if its becoming a problem, get off night shifts. I know mine is way worse when I start getting into a routine of staying up playing poker and I'd say its similar.

Sleeping tablets are not something you wanna get in to, they're incredibly addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            If I was Kenny I'd agree to debate with the party leaders of the other two largest parties as indicated by the opinion polls this weekend. Any smaller parties below that such as FF can fuck off.
                                            Funny if a joke, stupid if you mean it. Opinion polls of 1000 people have no particular place in deciding the future of the country.
                                            The leader of the main governing party has to be at the debate, + the leader of the main opposition party also. Shove in Gilmore as well if you want, any more on top of that and its a farce.

Comment

Planning on getting involved in this general election, going to be helping Ceiran Perry in Dublin Central.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Join a fight club BB.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  One of the guys in work is in love with that runway model look.
                                                  To the point where he acts as if he doesn't find normal girls attractive (my normal I mean regualr sized, girls with curves etc)

He was ranting about this one today, i quote "beautiful bone structure"
                                                  He was a bit offended when I said, she's meh, i want bewbs

BBV's view?

It's a guy

Comment

Piriton allergy tablets are brill!!! available over the counter , seemingly hospitals use them instead of sleeping tablets.

i have used them a good few times just one or even try a half one first! but they do knock you out.
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                      Piriton allergy tablets are brill!!! available over the counter , seemingly hospitals use them instead of sleeping tablets.

i have used them a good few times just one or even try a half one first! but they do knock you out.
                                                      emmet's answer is still better.
                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        They're not mutually exclusive, maybe pop a few pills and then engage in man's oldest game?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Funny if a joke, stupid if you mean it. Opinion polls of 1000 people have no particular place in deciding the future of the country.
                                                          The leader of the main governing party has to be at the debate, + the leader of the main opposition party also. Shove in Gilmore as well if you want, any more on top of that and its a farce.
                                                          1000 people who have nothing better to do with there time than answer stupid survey questionares. I would consider me and my group of friends to be a reasonable standard set of people - work 9-6, out at the weekends, gym during the week and like to go to sporting events. Nobody I know has everyparticipated in a poll and most like me never approached to do one. I am including my parents in this so not just late twenties. I guess this is why we have an election where every one gets a say and why most parties polling rating will be a long way off the actual result

Comment

Has Finkel given up on his well?

Surely there are more questions with which we can bombard him?

Comment

Wow my life seems quite boring when summed up in such a small line. work, gym, standard weekend, head to the odd match. Must do something exciting and life affirming I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                That activity makes you blind! not good IMO!
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Just man the fuck up and stop bitching about it!!

Have had insomnia for years and to be honest just used to it now. I did find that uniflu day and night tablets blue night time ones will knock you out tho.

Comment

That activity makes you blind! not good IMO!
                                                                    Do me a favour love...

Comment

Sick brag: in the 13k stack Round of Each tournie last night in Voodoo I get in all in on the flop and win the >30k pot with 9 high with a 6 kicker (the kicker was needed!!!!)

Hand: 3,5,6,9

Flop: 3x,9s,As

Turn: Ac

River: Ah

Other hand was 2,3,4,9

Flop action made the other two preflop callers fold KK and the case Ace

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                          Do me a favour love...

You really are starting to piss me off!!!!!!
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Nytol is fairly amazing. Been sleeping before midnight for about the first time in ages thanks to it. Trying to be conscious of the side effects, but don't think nytol itself is addictive as its over-the-counter.
                                                                            Not available OTC here though.

Comment

Nytol is fairly amazing. Been sleeping before midnight for about the first time in ages thanks to it. Trying to be conscious of the side effects, but don't think nytol itself is addictive as its over-the-counter.
                                                                              Ye I'd say Nytol is alright in moderation, I was more talking about Xanax and the boys.

Comment

I bought the Top Gear magazine for the first time in ages earlier (impusle purchase FTW), and just spent 20 minutes on the jacks reading it. Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  I bought the Top Gear magazine for the first time in ages earlier (impusle purchase FTW), and just spent 20 minutes on the jacks reading it. Bliss
                                                                                  Thats not a very comfortable place to read a magazine???
                                                                                  why didn't just get comfy on the couch and read it there!
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

em thanks for sharing your bowel movments

Comment

Thats not a very comfortable place to read a magazine???
                                                                                      why didn't just get comfy on the couch and read it there!
                                                                                      So you've never read a newspaper/magazine on the toilet?? Women

Comment

...

Comment

hmmm interesting business opportunity!
                                                                                          No doubt it crossed GSK's mind at some point

Comment

Never and that drives me mad lol himself goes in with a grisham book and forgets to come out!

i cant understand it surely to god it doesnt take that long, so why sit on a piece of small wood, plastic etc weird lol
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

I'm with ya, magazine rack in the jacks is essential imo

Comment

hmmm interesting business opportunity!
                                                                                                  Unrelated, but Archer is back with season 2 !!
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

how cool is this lol!
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

how cool is this lol!
                                                                                                      Shouldent you be packing !!!
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

did it last night!!!

I hope i have loads of wi-fi there so i can keep in contact with u all!!!!!

obviously my posts are going to be messy over the next week or so as ill be drinking every single day !!
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Nice week for Sam trickett

Comment

Firstly bump for the day timers

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                              Looking for €35 on Irish eyes for equivalent $$ on Full Tilt (currently $48) before ~8pm today.

Cheers if anyone can help out.
                                                                                                              Secondly just finished my first exam of my finals..FML but think nailing one question means I might have scraped a pass. Ship ship compared to what I was expecting!
                                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Cabs are here!

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I'm over in Manchester to play in this tonight http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=7855.0. Aer lingus flight, no mention of anything until I'm on the runway and realise it's a Ryanair plane and cabin crew taking us there. Well played
                                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah talk about having your cake and eating it. It's Jwow for me. Not the prettiest girl in the playground but fantastic body and she scrubs up well. lol can't even get a better pic, most of them are trojan sites!

The Situation is the biz tho even though he can be a cunt a times
                                                                                                                    Yeah she's not bad here is a link to a few pics of her http://www.wwtdd.com/lijit/?uri=http...&lijit_q=jwoww

I think Pauly D is the business!

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                    Let's face it, they'd never have gone beyond season one if it wasn't for Sitch. He is a hero among men. You could make a show out of his reaction shots alone, he reacts to things better than anyone I've ever seen...
                                                                                                                    He is defo a bit of a cunt but makes great viewing, kinda crazy the way he can still get so much ass the way he acts and treats women baffling, people be stupid I suppose.

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                                                                                    I've never watched Lost and I'm looking for a new show to start watching with plenty of series. Lost a good choice or is it kind of shit?

Btw GO 72z, bring home the bacon!!
                                                                                                                    See your lucky you dont have to wait weeks/moths for new episodes so you can cram so much of it in its good for answering some questions.

I highly enjoyed it for the most part got a little iffy around Season 4 but went back to form then I think but I recently went back and watched Season 1 & 2 and there were still brilliant.

I just love the way the show is so intricate and how much work the show producers put into it.

Give it a shot if you can.

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                                                                                    Mellor introduce him to Mariana and see if he still feels the same way. Don't think anyone will mind the repost...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcLF...has_verified=1
                                                                                                                    Should be posted as much as possible, she is just unfucking real

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Join a fight club BB.
                                                                                                                    Was waiting for somebody to post this

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                                    Nice week for Sam trickett

I was getting him mixed up with Andrew Feldman for awhile but Sam Trickett is on a roll at the moment, nice scoop for him and in tough fields.
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Jwow is rotten, faaaar too masculine imo, she always reminds me of China from WWF days.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                                        Sick brag: in the 13k stack Round of Each tournie last night in Voodoo I get in all in on the flop and win the >30k pot with 9 high with a 6 kicker (the kicker was needed!!!!)

Hand: 3,5,6,9

Flop: 3x,9s,As

Turn: Ac

River: Ah

Other hand was 2,3,4,9

Flop action made the other two preflop callers fold KK and the case Ace
                                                                                                                        How the hell did ye manage to get all the chips in there?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X