X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
    what does the beat mean?!
    Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Means he paid tax and might get some back but has fuck all monies.
    I reckon it means he has somewhere between 13 and 19 pounds left in his life roll

Comment

Means you can't pay tax on no income, and no income = broke as shit right now!

Comment

Oops.

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Full Tilt)
        $50.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, January 27, 08:41:30 ET 2011
        Table Supercharger (6 max) (Real Money)
        Seat 6 is the button
        Seat 1: Hero ( $56.75 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 2.5, Hands: 138384
        Seat 2: Player2 ( $51.55 USD ) - VPIP: 16, PFR: 15, 3B: 8, AF: 8.0, Hands: 193
        Seat 3: Player3 ( $53.50 USD ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 5
        Seat 4: Player4 ( $83.95 USD ) - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 3, AF: Infinity, Hands: 94
        Seat 5: Player5 ( $66.50 USD ) - VPIP: 14, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: NaN, Hands: 7
        Seat 6: Player6 ( $22.05 USD ) - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 11.5, Hands: 348
        Hero posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
        Player2 posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
        ** Dealing down cards **
        Dealt to Hero [ 5h 5s ]
        Player3 raises [$1.50 USD]
        Player4 folds
        Player5 folds
        Player6 folds
        Hero calls [$1.25 USD]
        Player2 folds
        ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, 6s, 5d ]
        Hero checks
        Player3 bets [$2.00 USD]
        Hero raises [$6.00 USD]
        Player3 raises [$8.00 USD]
        Hero raises [$16.00 USD]
        Player3 raises [$24.25 USD]
        Hero raises [$33.25 USD]
        Player3 calls [$17.75 USD]
        Hero shows [5h, 5s ]
        Player3 shows [7h, 7s ]
        Hero wins $3.25 USD
        ** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
        ** Dealing River ** [ 5c ]
        Hero wins $104.50 USD from main pot
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Ugh, sickness
          lol at Negrenu and co complaining that it shouldn't count towards lifetim wins, its going to be a 5mil prize, so who ever hits it jumps up the list a lot.

But who gives a fuck, all-time money list is meaningless when you look at the cash chagnging hands at the nosebleeds

also MaxPower. Get up to much yesterday?
          Went to the St Kilda botanical gardens for the day, boozed there and then to a bit of a session. Work was not fun today.

Comment

This guy came to the table as tourney CL, everyone had a piece of him before he was duly ejected in the hand after this

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 (t1450)
            MP3 (t5975)
            CO (t4890)
            Button (t8755)
            SB (t7060)
            BB (t13530)
            Hero (UTG) (t8115)
            UTG+1 (t10040)
            MP1 (t4645)

Hero's M: 25.76

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 6
            Hero bets t300, 3 folds, MP3 calls t300, 4 folds

Flop: (t915) 4, Q, 3 (2 players)
            Hero bets t520, MP3 calls t520

Turn: (t1955) 2 (2 players)
            Hero bets t1220, MP3 calls t1220

River: (t4395) 6 (2 players)
            Hero bets t2120, MP3 calls t2120

Total pot: t8635

Results:
            Hero had 6, 6 (three of a kind, sixes).
            MP3 mucked 10, A (high card, Ace).
            Outcome: Hero won t8635
            Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

good morning, coffee please

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                Iago = Richard Keys?
                lol, more a sympathizer rather than the man himself

really though there's enough nonsense to be dealt with without getting into sexism, PC brigade & conspiracy theories.
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                  lol, more a sympathizer rather than the man himself

really though there's enough nonsense to be dealt with without getting into sexism, PC brigade & conspiracy theories.
                  Don't want to open a can of worms, but....

Two sides to it really.

If everyone's 'private' discussions were secretly taped, they wouldn't be many people left in the workforce.

On the other hand, if I asked a female work colleague to check something down the front of my pants (whether in jest or not), you can be damn sure I wouldn't be working here at the end of the day.

They were set up though.

Comment

I'm flying with Aer Lingus tomorrow, I'm guessing I would have heard about it by now if my flight was cancelled?
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                      Don't want to open a can of worms, but....

Two sides to it really.

If everyone's 'private' discussions were secretly taped, they wouldn't be many people left in the workforce.

On the other hand, if I asked a female work colleague to check something down the front of my pants (whether in jest or not), you can be damn sure I wouldn't be working here at the end of the day.

They were set up though.
                      Absolutely agree....in your workplace.

However if you were in a workplace where the female work colleagues made similar comments on an ongoing basis (whether in jest or not) then there wouldn't be any issue.

The crux of all of this is that we don't have enough information to make a call one way or the other, on the face of it then the sacking is no surprise and is perfectly justified. However we're only seeing what Sky want us to see, the context they want to give and publicise. Who knows what the real truth behind it all is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just for clarity though, the sympathizer line was a joke.

Teddie is commenting on my locking both the Keys & Gray thread in the Soccer forum yesterday, which is motivated purely out of a desire to reduce the workload on the forum mods and stay out of areas that have nothing to do with football rather than wanting to save either of them from some internet posts.
                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Meant to repop this from BB, glad I didn't, my run good continues

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 40 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t6130)
                        MP2 (t8611)
                        MP3 (t9252)
                        CO (t11403)
                        Button (t9998)
                        SB (t18883)
                        Hero (BB) (t25382)
                        UTG (t23995)
                        UTG+1 (t6025)

Hero's M: 31.34

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9
                        5 folds, CO bets t900, Button calls t900, 1 fold, Hero calls t600

Flop: (t3210) 3, 8, 9 (3 players)
                        Hero checks, CO bets t600, Button calls t600, Hero raises to t3000, 1 fold, Button raises to t9058 (All-In), Hero calls t6058

Turn: (t21926) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t21926) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t21926

Results:
                        Button had Q, 10 (high card, Queen).
                        Hero had 9, 9 (three of a kind, nines).
                        Outcome: Hero won t21926
                        Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

lols - thank God I wasnt there that night

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DcjL-89Yjk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DcjL-89Yjk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                            I'm flying with Aer Lingus tomorrow, I'm guessing I would have heard about it by now if my flight was cancelled?

stick your flight number here and it should tell you

I'm worried my ski trip will be fucked up, supposed to travel to zurich on saturday.

Comment

Djokivic dictating stuff against Fed.

Edit: Fed express back in motion.
                              Last edited by The Situation; 27-01-11, 10:02.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

LOL George Osborne you hero

Originally posted by Irish Times
                                Gerry Adams, who tendered his resignation as an MP last week, has been appointed without his agreement as crown steward and bailiff of the manor of Northstead by British chancellor of the exchequer George Osborne.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  LOL George Osborne you hero
                                  that'll go down well on the Falls Road
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Really cool video using that miniaturisation technique we talked about in here a while back. It's shot in San Luis Obispo California, I spent almost a month there in 97, beautiful place, like pleasantville....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4swoERUXpU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

2 years ago I spent a semester in an American college. Relatively small class of about 30 split evenly between male and female etc etc. Anyway recent creepings on facebook show that 10/15 girls are married and 8 either have kids or are expecting.

The thought is scary - we're facking worlds apart

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        2 years ago I spent a semester in an American college. Relatively small class of about 30 split evenly between male and female etc etc. Anyway recent creepings on facebook show that 10/15 girls are married and 8 either have kids or are expecting.

Standard in America isn't it?

Comment

yeah pretty standard AFAIK. which gets me thinking - because Ireland is like 20+ years behind the states in every possible way I wouldnt be surprised to see that trend coming over here in the next generation etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                            Went to the St Kilda botanical gardens for the day, boozed there and then to a bit of a session. Work was not fun today.
                                            I spent the day in the pub, went home wit a girl i know and missed work today, I'm not sure if she knows but was wit her mate at xmas, expecting this to come back and bite me.
                                            girl last night >>>>her mate

Nadal busting early ruins my nadal fed bet, but improves my chances wit the heavier invested Fed to win, silver linings FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              I spent the day in the pub, went home wit a girl i know and missed work today, I'm not sure if she knows but was wit her mate at xmas, expecting this to come back and bite me.
                                              girl last night >>>>her mate

Nadal busting early ruins my nadal fed bet, but improves my chances wit the heavier invested Fed to win, silver linings FTW
                                              its a slow day at work so normally Id never request this but pics or GTFO

Comment

yeah pretty standard AFAIK. which gets me thinking - because Ireland is like 20+ years behind the states in every possible way I wouldnt be surprised to see that trend coming over here in the next generation etc etc
                                                Wouldn't say we are 20 years behind them. Southern parts of USA are 50 years behind us.

They do seem to do the first love thing and marry young. Kinda like travellers.

Comment

speaking as a guy who got married aged 31 and is now 36 with two kids (and permanently exhausted), I can see many attractions in getting married young and getting the child-rearing out of the way

of course the fact that we Irish all behave like teenagers throughout our 20s somewhat mitigates against this

Comment

now we see if Fed still has it.....

5-5

Comment

Wouldn't say we are 20 years behind them. Southern parts of USA are 50 years behind us.

They do seem to do the first love thing and marry young. Kinda like travellers.
                                                      Disagree - true some of the southern states are behind the rest of the states but each country has its back arse places that will never catch up i.e. Cork

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      speaking as a guy who got married aged 31 and is now 36 with two kids (and permanently exhausted), I can see many attractions in getting married young and getting the child-rearing out of the way

of course the fact that we Irish all behave like teenagers throughout our 20s somewhat mitigates against this
                                                      I can barely look after myself never mind another human - im hoping I'll calm down during my next stint in college

Comment

now we see if Fed still has it.....

5-5
                                                        And Djok breaks, only following on bbc ticker 5-6 cmon Fed!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                          And Djok breaks, only following on bbc ticker 5-6 cmon Fed!
                                                          and held serve comfortably to take the set

where's Djoker the Choker when you need him?
                                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 27-01-11, 10:52. Reason: Kayroo is everywhere

Comment

Impressive

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfM1Vsl70k&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Nah. We'll end up more like the Scandinavian countries. Lots of life partners, very few marriages, plenty of single mums or guys with girls who have a kid from another guy, low average numbers of children, that sort of thing. At least I hope so, because it'll mean we've mostly left our christianity behind. An Irish Enlightenment, that would be nice.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

We started our family in our mid twenties and I still behave like a teenager in some respects.
                                                                You don't grow up you just grow older.
                                                                I don't like giving advice and everyone is different but IMO in general younger people invest way too much in planning for a materially prosperous future that never really comes, they think it is somehow wrong to have kids unless you already have the house and the car and the job etc.
                                                                Life is very very short, don't sit back waiting for stuff to happen, go with what feels right for you. When you have kids its defining the rest of your life, in some ways , but not in every way.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ye this baffled me when I was there. had a conversation with a girl since I have been back and she was ranting because another girl she went to school with is engaged and she was jealous of the marriage and kids route which she will be inevitably going down. She is 22 and a good christrian so family values are huge.

Its not uncommon to be 26 married already,2 kids and divorced or separated.

Comment

RDIII
                                                                    i notiuced your hero david mc williams declined to run for election yesterday with an emphatic NO!.
                                                                    i mean wtf is this about, he comes on the television every night and tells us "the politicians are doing this wrong the politicians have done that wrong, its madness what they are doing, they can't do this they can't do that, we the people are the ones that are going to suffer over this", and all this other shit he spouts.
                                                                    now he has got a chance to stand up and be counted, but he hasn't, another hurler on the ditch imo.
                                                                    at least george lee tried it and failed miserablly, i don't think he can ever stand up and cut the whole from under the politicians ever again he had his chance to make a difference and he didn't do it, mc williams is now in the same boat he has his chance and he won't do it.

just my thoughts of course.
                                                                    rant over

SPOILER
                                                                    never liked that bollox mc williams anyhow
                                                                    with his ginger hair and his ginger pubes
                                                                    Last edited by Angry-Ball; 27-01-11, 11:09.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

i notice our man in cairo is gone very quite
                                                                      media lock down
                                                                      or
                                                                      has he been killed

or

is he running through the sudanese desert with 2 suitcases full of egyptian pounds
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      i am doing this the old fashioned way and didn't google to see if pounds is the correct currency
                                                                      after taking chd's advice yesterday and join the looting, would be great if he got a 60" tv as well and had that strapped to his back
                                                                      Last edited by Angry-Ball; 27-01-11, 11:14.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I see ming is back running again, http://www.lukemingflanagan.ie/.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                          RDIII
                                                                          i notiuced your hero david mc williams declined to run for election yesterday with an emphatic NO!.
                                                                          i mean wtf is this about, he comes on the television every night and tells us "the politicians are doing this wrong the politicians have done that wrong, its madness what they are doing, they can't do this they can't do that, we the people are the ones that are going to suffer over this", and all this other shit he spouts.
                                                                          now he has got a chance to stand up and be counted, but he hasn't, another hurler on the ditch imo.
                                                                          at least george lee tried it and failed miserablly, i don't think he can ever stand up and cut the whole from under the politicians ever again he had his chance to make a difference and he didn't do it, mc williams is now in the same boat he has his chance and he won't do it.

just my thoughts of course.
                                                                          rant over
                                                                          answer me this:

what would be the point of McWilliams (or any independent) being elected to the next Dail?

Comment

answer me this:

what would be the point of McWilliams (or any independent) being elected to the next Dail?
                                                                            probably no point
                                                                            but whats the point in listening to him waffle on every night if he won't do anything about it
                                                                            stand up and be counted imo or else stfu

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                              Nah. We'll end up more like the Scandinavian countries. Lots of life partners, very few marriages, plenty of single mums or guys with girls who have a kid from another guy, low average numbers of children, that sort of thing. At least I hope so, because it'll mean we've mostly left our christianity behind. An Irish Enlightenment, that would be nice.
                                                                              I agree with the fact that we have mostly left our christianity behind us but as a state the tax implications and legal frame work encouraging a married family will keep us walking down the isle for a long time to come.

Comment

Christianity out.

Comment

probably no point
                                                                                  but whats the point in listening to him waffle on every night if he won't do anything about it
                                                                                  you seem to be suggesting that the views of anyone who doesn't run for election are invalid

interesting thesis

Comment

Christianity out.
                                                                                    Scientology in

Comment

probably no point
                                                                                      Making people aware is doing something about it. There is a line between journalism and politics, they're not one and the same.

Comment

Scientology in
                                                                                        It is no fun here tbh. Need Bono to sign up.

Comment

RDIII
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          never liked that bollox mc williams anyhow
                                                                                          with his ginger hair and his ginger pubes
                                                                                          When did you see MCWilliams Pubes? I think it is having dirt like this in his past that will keep him out of politics. Suerly no discredited politicain could run in this country

Comment

you seem to be suggesting that the views of anyone who doesn't run for election are invalid

interesting thesis
                                                                                            Irronically in this election I will believe that most people whoo run for election have invalid opinions what a strange corner of the world we live in

Comment

It is no fun here tbh. Need Stavros to sign up.
                                                                                              .

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                Irronically in this election I will believe that most people whoo run for election have invalid opinions what a strange corner of the world we live in
                                                                                                actually they more than likely won't have any opinions at all!

(or if they do, they'd be well advised to keep them under wraps)

Comment

Richard Keys Daughter.

Would you smash it.

Semi NSFW

SPOILER

Comment

answer me this:

It would be good to have a right of centre independent block ready to support FG if/when Labour start getting cold feet in about 30 months time.

******
                                                                                                    Edit : Couple of the names mentioned here maybe (warning, large parts of this thread are retarded as only a boards.ie politics thread can be)
                                                                                                    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0126/1224288326708.html?sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4d3f7187679ad600,0
                                                                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 27-01-11, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      It would be good to have a right of centre independent block ready to support FG if/when Labour start getting cold feet in about 30 months time.
                                                                                                      fuck that

I've had enough of gombeens like Healy-Rea and Mattie McGrath, not to mention outright crooks like Lowry, holding the government to ransom. My thoughts on watching Jackie and Lowry preening on the news yesterday were 'enjoy your last bit of relevance you fuckers'.

anyway, who would slot into your 'right of centre independent block'? Shane Ross and eh, nobody else imo

epic tennis btw 4-4 in the 3rd

Comment

epic tennis btw 4-4 in the 3rd
                                                                                                        and then Fed throws it all away on his own serve

sad to see

Comment

Like, over here its standard enough for people to be going out with each other in their early / mid twenties for months / years maybe and not feel the pressure to move in together. Over there, that would be very much the exception than the rule. People are going out for a couple of months and they're pushing it forward.

Some good posts above about how we act like teenagers in our twenties or go the complete other way and end up planning, planning for the perfect financial situation to get married, etc. I think they're valid points obviously, but I think a bigger difference between the two cultures when it comes to this stuff is that we need an awful lot more approval and vetting from friends and family as a general rule.

Like, when was the last time someone you knew eloped and got married with little prior warning and / or the big formal planned wedding? We really aren't as impulsive when it comes to relationships as other parts of the world - and that might be one of the biggest and most obvious aspects of our strong religious heritage.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU513Bkp29I&feature=related[/ame]

This came on the radio this morning whilst driving to work, forgot how good it sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                              Like, over here its standard enough for people to be going out with each other in their early / mid twenties for months / years maybe and not feel the pressure to move in together. Over there, that would be very much the exception than the rule. People are going out for a couple of months and they're pushing it forward.

Some good posts above about how we act like teenagers in our twenties or go the complete other way and end up planning, planning for the perfect financial situation to get married, etc. I think they're valid points obviously, but I think a bigger difference between the two cultures when it comes to this stuff is that we need an awful lot more approval and vetting from friends and family as a general rule.

Like, when was the last time someone you knew eloped and got married with little prior warning and / or the big formal planned wedding? We really aren't as impulsive when it comes to relationships as other parts of the world - and that might be one of the biggest and most obvious aspects of our strong religious heritage.
                                                                                                              If someone goes off and gets married on the sneaky the only reason people disaprove/are disappointed is because they all miss out on a good piss up

Comment

Did anyone elses jdownloader like uninstall this morning? When I opened it, i basically had t reinstall it and re-add all the premium details?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Hmm.

Comment

and then Fed throws it all away on his own serve

sad to see
                                                                                                                    I'm a sad panda. I like Djok tho so hopefully he takes it down. Any excuse to show this masterpiece of an ad again

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQgew7wc9MY[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                      I'm a sad panda. I like Djok tho so hopefully he takes it down. Any excuse to show this masterpiece of an ad again
                                                                                                                      as long as Mammy's Boy Murray doesn't win, I'm happy

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                        Did anyone elses jdownloader like uninstall this morning? When I opened it, i basically had t reinstall it and re-add all the premium details?
                                                                                                                        Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                                                                                          Lovin this mix HJ. Good for the grind. TY for uploading
                                                                                                                          Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X