This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    He is still fighting like a dog fair play to him. Just laid 400 to a tenner for kicks. I know its not a great bet by an stretch but with Nadal he will never give up until its called over.
    Yeah bad bet, he's only playing on out of respect imo. Shame to see him this way, but Ferrer has been playing brilliant this match, could have been a really great match if Nadal wasn't injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Your 'selective' memory serves you poorly indeed.

I ran onto a through ball and planted it low into the corner of the net, instead of clapping expert finishing from a crippled man twice your age you act like a bossy boy scout, screaming like flanders on helium. Offside offside, disallowed, disallowed. In a friendly 10 a side game when there is no linesman or ref the scaldy fucker tries to deprive me of a goal. Kayroo hang your very poor defensive head in shame.

A goal of such beauty should have been allowed, even if you were the proverbial mile offside.

Comment

He's gone, that should set up a Murray - Federer final

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
          Hi there. As you all know my HP Pavilion DV9700 died recently. It was booting up, having problems with sound etc then crashing after a short time. When you rebooted it, the machine said no operating system found. Now here is my problem.

I have some important recent documents on the HD as well as photo's. I have been backing up to a flash drive but hadn't in the last month

I decided to get anything I needed off the laptop before it went to the graveyard and when I put it on I am only getting the No operating system message. I went into the BIOS and looked at the Hard Disk self Test and it came back as No IDE Device.

Is it possible that if I remove the HDD and re seat it that I may get a final whir from it or is that it totally fucked now. So depressed as I have lost all the Christmas photo's and the babies first birthday pics. I do have some on FB but they aren't the same as we were sending the pics to snapfish to get printed.

this came up the other day
          You need to house the HD in an 2.5" enclosure (about €20, or cheaper via ebay) connect to your new machine.
          Boot via a linux live cd and try to recover from there.
          or use the live cd to boot in linux on the borked machine and
          use
          TestDisk is a free and open source data recovery software tool designed to recover lost partition and unerase deleted files.

via a usb key.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I ran onto a through ball and planted it low into the corner of the net, instead of clapping expert finishing from a crippled man twice your age you act like a bossy boy scout, screaming like flanders on helium. Offside offside, disallowed, disallowed. In a friendly 10 a side game when there is no linesman or ref the scaldy fucker tries to deprive me of a goal. Kayroo hang your very poor defensive head in shame.
            Theres probably a Rashomon Effect thing going on, and both of you genuinely believe your versions and they probably both have elements of truth.

But Solskjaers deserves to be declared the winner.

Comment

Ah, you hate to see senility setting in. The way I remember it you and your mouldy old AC/DC t-shirt were hanging around about half way between me and the goalkeeper and a ball somehow made its way into you. Your arthritic old leg creaked out just enough to poke it past our keeper and you wheeled away (literally, time for the wheelchair Solsk) sniggering at your Inzaghi-esque ability to be that far offside.

Knowing you were the only player on the pitch old enough to remember a time before offsides I thought it my duty as a boy scout to inform you of your error and help your old self back towards the middle of the park. You took badly to the help in a Grandpa-Simpson style flurry of confusion and we all decided best to ignore the "goal" and just move on. Best not to upset the old chap.
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

LOL, Kayroo was right I was offisde, goal disallowed. I cheated. And I'd have got away with it if it wasn't for you damn kids.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                  Yeah bad bet, he's only playing on out of respect imo. Shame to see him this way, but Ferrer has been playing brilliant this match, could have been a really great match if Nadal wasn't injured.
                  Its a real pity. As the commentators said though, his game is just so all out all that its gonna happen to him.

The bet really was more in the hope that Ferrer might tighten up and have a few poor service games.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I may have been still dazed after Jackyback's headbutt, but Solks was offside, and Kayroo was ball watching.

The spin away and finger pointing was a bit much, but added to the spectacle I thought.
                    (Oulfellas in AC/DC tshirts don't often do much with their feet)

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                      He's gone, that should set up a Murray - Federer final
                      Obv I would love to see Fed win again but as I said the other day, Djok has been better than Fed so far. I think whoever wins between that semi will win the open.

Also I wouldn't write off Ferrer vs Murray either.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        SP should rob all the atm's while they riot imo
                        I agree, one of my ambitions in life is to get involved in looting during a riot. Not to be involved in a riot just to profit from the unrest

Comment

If ye hurry up paddypower have Murray @ 11/4 v Ferrer. They are bound to notice but heh worth a shot.

edit: they have spotted it already.
                          Last edited by thedini; 26-01-11, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                            Kid got xbox for christmas and has been playing online with his mates which i think is pretty cool . But last night he comes and tells me that his xbox live subscription has run out and he needs €60 to be able to play online again.

WTF is this all about??

damo I have this as well €59.99 every January, don't know if there is any way out of it
                            Last edited by kakak1; 26-01-11, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                              Your comment above is utter bullshit, 80% of forwards don't know the offside rule, because if they did, then why or why is the game stopped because the tools ARE OFFSIDE.....
                              saying women in general are not suitable to be a referee because they cannot compete from the age of 12 is bullshit. To be honest Dave, I expected better from you.

Of course Andy Gray should not have been sacked, and in fairness too much has been made of this, but your statement is bullshit. What about snooker referees, there are female ones aswell. should they be allowed????

It's bad enough that this country feels like its gone back to the 80's, lets not let our attitudes go back there
                              Collette you are totally missing the point. Firstly we are talking about a contact sport, same would apply to rugby, hurling, american football. It's not because your females it's because you have not played that sport at a high level which I feel is necessary.

I did state in my post that I also think men who have not played at a decent level should not be allowed to be professional referees for the same reasons. It's not imo a sexist reason.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                damo I have this as well €59.99 every January, don't knoe if there is any way out of it
                                Really? Wouldn't have put you down as an Xboxer,Kak
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                  Really? Wouldn't have put you down as an Xboxer,Kak

you're right it's my sons

Comment

Kid got xbox for christmas and has been playing online with his mates which i think is pretty cool . But last night he comes and tells me that his xbox live subscription has run out and he needs €60 to be able to play online again.

WTF is this all about??
                                    Here it is on amazon for 36 euro.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-LIVE-Gold-12-Month-Membership/dp/B000B5KMSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296042768&sr=8-1[/ame]

Comment

@ Strewel,

Dude,it's time to stop living life as a spectator.Get out on the street and protest man.Show the people that you're with them,they'll be gagging for a few Westerners right now.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                        you're right it's my sons
                                        Heh,but seriously forks,we should all PM Moneybags, or whatever his name is, see if we can get a group rate or some shit.

What good is it having a man on the inside if he can't do anything for us?

Comment

@SP
                                          don't waste your time hanging around the hotel, try and do something constructive, like finding the source of the nile.
                                          hang on thats it organise an expedition me and chd will join you shortly, meanwhile try and rob a few atm's in order to fund the expedition, and round up a few black slaves coloured volunteers to cart our ridicously heavy belongings and instruments all around northern/middle africa. see if you can get some local husseys along for evening entertainment.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            @ Strewel,

Dude,it's time to stop living life as a spectator.Get out on the street and protest man.Show the people that you're with them,they'll be gagging for a few Westerners right now.
                                            SPs ability to get himself lynched when he's an innocent villager would make me fear this course of action.

Comment

Apparently all the unrest in Egypt started cos some Irish cunt broke all their ATMs!
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

wp

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, 3.3 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP (t10948)
                                                Button (t3725)
                                                SB (t6050)
                                                BB (t3000)
                                                Hero (UTG) (t14612)

Hero's M: 97.41

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A, 10, 2
                                                Hero bets t300, MP calls t300, 1 fold, SB raises to t500, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1900, MP calls t1600, SB raises to t6050 (All-In), Hero raises to t14500, MP calls t9048 (All-In)

Flop: (t28046) 9, J, 4 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t28046) 5 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t28046) 2 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t28046

Results:
                                                SB didn't show
                                                Hero had A, A, 10, 2 (one pair, Aces).
                                                MP had 5, 5, 4, 4 (three of a kind, fives).
                                                Outcome: t28046 returned to MP
                                                Last edited by a-k-47; 26-01-11, 12:33.

Comment

Any decent episodes of TV poker over the last month? Have no idea whats been on but would be looking for something fast moving like high stakes poker.. Cheers

Comment

for the day that in it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTSxw6zN1E&ob=av2em[/ame]

I might have to have a few stubbies to waah down the shrimp

Comment

stumbled on this little bargain lastnight for anyone looking to get away for a few nights. looks like there is some good deals to be had in there.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                        Hi there. As you all know my HP Pavilion DV9700 died recently. It was booting up, having problems with sound etc then crashing after a short time. When you rebooted it, the machine said no operating system found. Now here is my problem.

I have some important recent documents on the HD as well as photo's. I have been backing up to a flash drive but hadn't in the last month

I decided to get anything I needed off the laptop before it went to the graveyard and when I put it on I am only getting the No operating system message. I went into the BIOS and looked at the Hard Disk self Test and it came back as No IDE Device.

Is it possible that if I remove the HDD and re seat it that I may get a final whir from it or is that it totally fucked now. So depressed as I have lost all the Christmas photo's and the babies first birthday pics. I do have some on FB but they aren't the same as we were sending the pics to snapfish to get printed.
                                                        See the two major tech heads got in there first, basically what they said and you should hopefully be able to recover it.

WTF is this all about??
                                                        Same as above was gonna say you can get it cheaper somewhere else.

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                        Any decent episodes of TV poker over the last month? Have no idea whats been on but would be looking for something fast moving like high stakes poker.. Cheers
                                                        The PAD 100k buyin with Ivey/Galfond/Seed/Juanda/Lindgren/Durr was pretty decent.
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                          2 nights B+b
                                                          3* €110
                                                          4* €218
                                                          5* €300
                                                          Plenty available for that weekend.

I have points and can book it for you if you see anything you fancy.
                                                          There is also a €5 booking fee on top.
                                                          Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                          stumbled on this little bargain lastnight for anyone looking to get away for a few nights. looks like there is some good deals to be had in there.
                                                          I posted this yesterday evening for you, don't know if you saw it.
                                                          These are the €110 +€5 booking fee options

Lidl breaks also coming in cheaper no points required.
                                                          Last edited by Sirtoyou; 26-01-11, 13:17.

Comment

Stuck at home sick, trying to do some work is horrible. Not getting anywhere!

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post

Golden Balls is pretty flawed really, to make it work, there has to be an option to pick when you believe the other person is going to steal.
                                                            Otherwise it is pointless and the only way to ever play is to steal and hope that you can convince the dimwit opposite you to split.

Why is Liv whatsherface on it anyhow?
                                                            As evidenced by the number of people who pick split....

Women have a serious advantage on that show. Behavioural finance ftw.

Also, am in love with Liv Boeree.
                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Liv Borree busto? Must be pretty desperate to go on the show for such small money.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                Stuck at home sick, trying to do some work is horrible. Not getting anywhere!

As evidenced by the number of people who pick split....

Women have a serious advantage on that show. Behavioural finance ftw.

Also, am in love with Liv Boeree.
                                                                tempted to fire up sessions much?

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                Liv Borree busto? Must be pretty desperate to go on the show for such small money.
                                                                gets her image out there

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                  aired in 2007

Comment

Any links to the Richard Keys press conference?

Apparently he is bombing big time
                                                                    Last edited by Megatron; 26-01-11, 14:06.

Comment

Dear Mr. Mc Brearty

We would like to infrom you that due to a system error the requested withdrawal of 1150 was sent to your Netller account twice:NT758296027272270 and NT892296027443925, thus leaving your betting account with a negative balance of -1150.

We are kindly asking you to settle the negative balance of your betting account.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us per Email or telephone.

Best regards,
                                                                      Sandra Johanson
                                                                      Customer Support

Damn, was thinking I might have gotten away with this. I wonder if I just ignore this what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                        Any links to the Richard Keys press conference?

Apparently he is bombing big time
                                                                        No link but barry glendenning and a few others are giving the highlights on twitter and it sounds like a complete pr shambles. It's on talksport so they probably have a listen live link on their website
                                                                        Last edited by Sledgejammer; 26-01-11, 14:12.
                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                          tempted to fire up sessions much?
                                                                          Yeah, think I will. Concentration might be an issue though!

gets her image out there
                                                                          Thats definitely not a bad thing
                                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

If it was random half the time you pick steal you win it all and half the time you get 0 but when you pick split you only get .5 or 0.

Against somebody you don't really know you have to pick steal and I think Liv knew this.
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                              Dear Mr. Mc Brearty

We would like to infrom you that due to a system error the requested withdrawal of 1150 was sent to your Netller account twice:NT758296027272270 and NT892296027443925, thus leaving your betting account with a negative balance of -1150.

We are kindly asking you to settle the negative balance of your betting account.

If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us per Email or telephone.

Best regards,
                                                                              Sandra Johanson
                                                                              Customer Support

Damn, was thinking I might have gotten away with this. I wonder if I just ignore this what would happen.
                                                                              Only one way to find out!

Comment

@ Ciaran, what would Boyles do if this happens to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                  I posted this yesterday evening for you, don't know if you saw it.
                                                                                  These are the €110 +€5 booking fee options

Lidl breaks also coming in cheaper no points required.
                                                                                  http://www.lidl-breaks.ie/search.html
                                                                                  actually missed your post lastnight, i was looking at them supervalu breaks lastight and they were working out at 198 for the 2 of us for 2 nights in a 4* in killarney, B&B + 1 evening meal.

the site i posted earlier is 149 for the same hotel and same weekend granted there is no evening meal in this one.
                                                                                  but when i go away breakfast is enough for me in the hotel, i prefer to go out and try different restauraunts and cuisines in the evening. the wife on the other hand would prefer the evening meal included option.

lidl breaks are actually working out at 166 for a 4* in killarney for the same weekend.
                                                                                  Last edited by Angry-Ball; 26-01-11, 14:34.

Comment

Ask Sandra if she has a sister, Scarlett, and if so, you'll send the money back if she'll agree to a date, otherwise you keep the greens.

Win win win win

Comment

Dear Mr. Mc Brearty

Best regards,
                                                                                      Sandra Johanson
                                                                                      Customer Support

They can only ask you to return the funds. If you do not and dont use the site again there is very little they can do (apart from the spam mails increasing!)

Comment

@ Ciaran, what would Boyles do if this happens to them?
                                                                                        The account would be locked until the funds were returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                          The account would be locked until the funds were returned.
                                                                                          Luckily for them I still have money in the account so I will just ship it back. Otherwise well its a tougher spot but would probably transfer back anyway. I think it would bring a huge downswing!! Not that the one I am already in isn't bad enough

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            SPs ability to get himself lynched when he's an innocent villager would make me fear this course of action.
                                                                                            Its great to be a ww player and be 'in' on all the jokes

Comment

Chapter One booked for GF's birthday. Only pre-theatre though, but hopefully its still nice.

Comment

What site it with? They will just send a debt collection agency after ye.
                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                  actually missed your post lastnight, i was looking at them supervalu breaks lastight and they were working out at 198 for the 2 of us for 2 nights in a 4* in killarney, B&B + 1 evening meal.

the site i posted earlier is 149 for the same hotel and same weekend granted there is no evening meal in this one.
                                                                                                  but when i go away breakfast is enough for me in the hotel, i prefer to go out and try different restauraunts and cuisines in the evening. the wife on the other hand would prefer the evening meal included option.

lidl breaks are actually working out at 166 for a 4* in killarney for the same weekend.
                                                                                                  The supervalue breaks are my usual first port of call.Got a great deal through them for the IPO recently and have just booked 7 nights here http://www.waterfordcastle.com/holidayhomes/ for €304.They usually rent between €150-200 per night.

Comment

@ Digi - make sure you ask them to switch your boom switch back on for sending funds back - although it should go without saying

Comment

@ Digi - make sure you ask them to switch your boom switch back on for sending funds back - although it should go without saying
                                                                                                      Actually I would ask for a GWG for returning the funds. I am sure they will give you something since it is a large enough amount

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                        Actually I would ask for a GWG for returning the funds. I am sure they will give you something since it is a large enough amount
                                                                                                        increased rb deal - seems like a great time to angle a deal

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          Chapter One booked for GF's birthday. Only pre-theatre though, but hopefully its still nice.
                                                                                                          it is

tell them you're not actually going to the theatre and then hopefully you won't get rushed through all the courses
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So the night before the protests started the crowds were gathering on the street around every available TV and getting completely involved with what was on the screens:

Political trouble? Unemployment? food prices?

No
                                                                                                            Al-Ahly were playing . Mind you three people had set fire to themselves during the day in an attempt to get some protests started copying the events that happened in Tunisia last week.

These lads hanging out in the coffee shop weren't too bothered by football or riots

And at 10:30 pm with the match still on this place was a hive of industry these lads were still working hard fixing motherboards by fitting surface mount chips and testing them on a rig (no one here would do this, here Mrs FD would have had her laptop fixed not fckd out)

I lost a pair of glasses on the way out here and I was thinking of going to see this guy for a new pair but it was getting a bit late.

The local Jackses here are always a point of interest and this sign on top of the most convoluted machine you have ever seen on a toilet reads well

I reckon it is supposed to feed a layer of jacks roll the whole way around the seat, if you press the button a motor runs for a minute but no paper comes out.

BTW the hose at the side is what Arabs mostly use instead of Jacks roll. IMO it just sprays the detritus all over the place and this kind of thing is the reason half of us have the scutters. One guy particularly hard hit by it was giving a presentation today and ran off in the middle of it with his radio mic still on, luckily for everyone it stopped broadcasting before he made it as far as Flushy

Attached Files
                                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-01-11, 15:24.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't know if it was posted already. Looks pretty awesome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF_h9W-6pHg[/ame]

Opr

Comment

edit : max five attachments per post
                                                                                                                Attached Files
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-01-11, 15:25. Reason: max five attachments per post
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dgigi 4.05 Musselburgh worth an each way.
                                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    the hose at the side is what Arabs mostly use instead of Jacks roll. IMO it just sprays the detritus all over the place and this kind of thing is the reason half of us have the scutters. One guy particularly hard hit by it was giving a presentation today and ran off in the middle of it with his radio mic still on, luckily for everyone it stopped broadcasting before he made it as far as Flushy

obviously if they are as loose as ye are then the hose is the way to go imo

Comment

the result is in, Ricky Martin wins FF leadership by a distance

he's got a lot to live up to. He'd better start drinking and taking bribes immediately
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                        Dgigi 4.05 Musselburgh worth an each way.
                                                                                                                        Backed, run goot!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X