This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    That school will be churning out Maths probability experts and such types as union leaders, politicians etc - you know the type, the ones that wont fold no matter how much pressure you apply
    Loling-wp Literally had to ring one of the lads the other day to try and figure out how to get a fraction into a %. Me good at pokes imo.

Nah taking on French and History-have four classes of German aswell but very much bluffing ze blockers for that.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
      Dublin Looking forward to seeing the new building on the inside, looks impressive compared to the old place.
      I did it this time last year in the new building,did not get called but it was very interesting to see the process.That big murder out in Howth was on at the time,it was like a zoo.

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

got an email from USA rugby saying that bbc america will be showing the 6 nations and then the lists of the games broadcast.

Calcutta Cup - England versus Scotland (in London)

Sunday, March 13, 11:00 a.m. ET / 8:00 a.m. PT - Pre-show 10:30 a.m. ET / 7:30 a.m. PT
        calcutta cup fair enough

Millennium Trophy - Ireland versus England (in Dublin)

Saturday, March 19, 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT - Pre-show 12:30 p.m. ET / 9:30 a.m. PT
        Millennium trophy? is this something new that i have missed the last while or just lol americans they'll believe anything is important if it has a name attached to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
          got an email from USA rugby saying that bbc america will be showing the 6 nations and then the lists of the games broadcast.

calcutta cup fair enough

Millennium trophy? is this something new that i have missed the last while or just lol americans they'll believe anything is important if it has a name attached to it?
          Surprisingly it hasn't just been around for 10 years

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Dont ever remember hearing about it or even seeing a trophy. You learn something new every day i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
              Dont ever remember hearing about it or even seeing a trophy. You learn something new every day i guess.
              Supposedly:
              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Hey guys new blog post, its kind of a personal one about the recent loss of a family member but there is some poker content.
                Apologies to regular followers of this blog that I had no update last Monday, my Nan passed away on Sunday morning and it was a really tough...
                http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                  Hopefully it doesn't!
                  meh, would have expected them to win it comfortably when the season started and don't expect that it'll be the definitive game in the league, but I see where you're coming from.

At least this way I'll be happy on some level regardless of result.
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

New Werewolf game starting Wednesday. Very good game last time ... newbies more than welcome ... oldies too ...

Go on!

Comment

Samuel Whittemore (1694 - February 3, 1793) was a farmer. He was eighty years old and living in Menotomy, Massachusetts (present-day Arlington) when he became the oldest known colonial combatant in the American Revolutionary War.[1] Previously, he had already served as an officer in the British Army during King George's War and the French and Indian War.
                      On April 19, 1775, British forces were returning to Boston from the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the opening engagements of the war. On their march, they were continually shot at by colonial militiamen.
                      Whittemore was in his fields when he spotted an approaching British relief brigade under Earl Percy, sent to assist the retreat. Whittemore loaded his musket and ambushed the British from behind a nearby stone wall, killing one soldier. He then drew his dueling pistols and killed a grenadier and mortally wounded a second. He managed to fire five shots before a British detachment reached his position. Whittemore then attacked with a sword. He was shot in the face, bayoneted thirteen times, and left for dead in a pool of blood. He was found alive, trying to load his musket to fight again. He was taken to Dr. Cotton Tufts of Medford, who perceived no hope for his survival. However, Whittemore lived another 18 years until dying of natural causes at the age of 98.

Samuel Whittemore Monument located in Arlington, Massachusetts.
                      A monument in Arlington, Massachusetts reads:
                      Near this spot, Samuel Whittemore, then 80 years old, killed three British soldiers, April 19, 1775. He was shot, bayoneted, beaten and left for dead, but recovered and lived to be 98 years of age.
                      In 2005, Samuel Whittemore was proclaimed the official state hero of Massachusetts.[1]
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Was looking at some of the election betting after some posts from yesterday. Don't really have much of a clue on the lines for any party or how good/bad they are tbh. One thing that jumped out at me though was that FG/Lab is 1/20 to be the next government. The shortest odds on the number of seats they will win is Lab 36-40 @ 5/2 and FG 66-70 @ 5/2. This would give them 102-110 seats. Does this seem at least a little less likely than 95% or whatever to anyone given how governments tend to get formed (from my memory anyway its a little over the bare minimum number of seats required) and depending on how well or badly FG and Labour do they will look to form a government without the other.
                        I obv have no idea what the alternative to a FG/Lab governement is but if its 1/20 is there some way to bet the field at like 10-1 or something or is this all arsetalk

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                          I've been wanting to do a challenge on FTP for a while to help my concentration and improve how I play. I seem to donk a lot more there than on any other site so I want to put that to an end. I've never done a challenge or the like before so thought I'd post here instead of going off and making a rather facepalming thread. I have a roll of $482.09 there. What is a good target to set to bring this up to over the week? I'm going to grind the $26 DS games and this week has double gtd prizepools with multiple buy in option so prob no better week to give this a go. Should I be looking to ship more to FTP since this isn't a lot of buy-ins to realistically cope with the varience of the field sizes? I only want to do it for a week so I'm thinking that might be a factor and the BR could be fine.

Thoughts?
                          Is it a bad idea to set a $ target? Methinks it might be so prob won't do that. Also is it only a challenge if I get someone else to do the same thing and we have a side bet or something? I dunno at all but will start something tomorrow whether a challenge or a log, w/e, I hope I can keep the concentration and play well.

Comment

Is it a bad idea to set a $ target? Methinks it might be so prob won't do that. Also is it only a challenge if I get someone else to do the same thing and we have a side bet or something? I dunno at all but will start something tomorrow whether a challenge or a log, w/e, I hope I can keep the concentration and play well.
                            Yeah I'd say it's not the best idea to set a target that if you don't hit you'll be tilted. Having an idea isn't necessarily bad as long as you're not chasing a pie in the sky figure.

Although I get the impression you're prob doing it more for a challenge than to build your BR so it's not too big a deal but the Variance on the larger sites is so big that playing with just under 15 BI is def -EV. GLGL though and hopefully you can spike a big score
                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Play a sat to the monday 1k imo soft field.
                              ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                              I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Result imo, think the IPB bit swung it tbh...

To: jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you regarding the sexist diatribe spouting by your key
                                football presenters: Mr Keys and Mr Gray.

I wish to inform you that as a feminist, a woman and a pretty big wheel on
                                IPB, that I found it extremely distasteful and offensive.

Yours Sincerely,
                                Paul, a.k.a UNhappydude.

----------->

To: <email snip>
                                Date: 24 January 2011 16:16
                                Subject: RE: Sky Sexism

Thank you for your email. I would like to forward this response from Barney Francis, the Managing Director of Sky Sports.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

I have spoken directly to both Richard Keys and Andy Gray this morning. It has been made clear to each of them that their comments were totally unacceptable.

Those views are inexcusable, entirely inconsistent with our ethos as a business and employer, and will rightly offend many of our customers, our people, and the wider public. They are inexcusable from anyone at Sky, regardless of their role or seniority.

We have dealt with this matter by taking immediate disciplinary action. As with any employee it would not be right to go into detail on those proceedings. However, they have been clearly warned about their behaviour and reminded of their responsibilities.

In addition, Richard and Andy will not be involved in any way with tonight’s live Monday Night Football.

Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                  Yeah I'd say it's not the best idea to set a target that if you don't hit you'll be tilted. Having an idea isn't necessarily bad as long as you're not chasing a pie in the sky figure.

Although I get the impression you're prob doing it more for a challenge than to build your BR so it's not too big a deal but the Variance on the larger sites is so big that playing with just under 15 BI is def -EV. GLGL though and hopefully you can spike a big score
                                  Ye I think it would tilt me a bit and also affect my play, which is not the result I want from this. Your spot on about the variance and I'll prob pick the larger fields too. Might buy in 4 times to a few but not sure if that's any more +/- EV. Any thoughts on these multiple buy ins?

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                  Play a sat to the monday 1k imo soft field.
                                  What's the buy in for that? It's 1k, right? And that's a stupid Q! Yup, why haven't I stopped typing! I'm just going to play the $26 DS mtts because I don't want to be playing above my br, especially that much!

Was that you I had position on in a sat recently on ipoker btw? I 3b shoved and you lol'd? I don't use the chat at the table anymore but meant to PM you and forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                    Was looking at some of the election betting after some posts from yesterday. Don't really have much of a clue on the lines for any party or how good/bad they are tbh. One thing that jumped out at me though was that FG/Lab is 1/20 to be the next government. The shortest odds on the number of seats they will win is Lab 36-40 @ 5/2 and FG 66-70 @ 5/2. This would give them 102-110 seats. Does this seem at least a little less likely than 95% or whatever to anyone given how governments tend to get formed (from my memory anyway its a little over the bare minimum number of seats required) and depending on how well or badly FG and Labour do they will look to form a government without the other.
                                    I obv have no idea what the alternative to a FG/Lab governement is but if its 1/20 is there some way to bet the field at like 10-1 or something or is this all arsetalk
                                    Unless FG get an overall majority, what other government could form? No one will form a coalition with either FF or SF, greens will be too small, and there is no other party, so unless FG want to have 10+ independents in with them, which is not likely, it has to be FG + Labour.

I don't expect it to be stable enough to last a full term though, and I reckon there will be another election in about 3 years time.

Comment

Ye I think it would tilt me a bit and also affect my play, which is not the result I want from this. Your spot on about the variance and I'll prob pick the larger fields too. Might buy in 4 times to a few but not sure if that's any more +/- EV. Any thoughts on these multiple buy ins?
                                      I think they're retarded tbh. Easy way to meet their Double Guarantees though. Just means min cashing is even more pointless than normal!

Seriously though I suppose any edge you have on the field is multiplied but you have to go deeper to make it profitable
                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Was that you I had position on in a sat recently on ipoker btw? I 3b shoved and you lol'd? I don't use the chat at the table anymore but meant to PM you and forgot.
                                        Yeah think it was for the high roller? Think i said would have called anyone else. Bubbled that was on major tilt. Gl with whatever u play
                                        ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                        I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

5starpool in the well?

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                            I think they're retarded tbh. Easy way to meet their Double Guarantees though. Just means min cashing is even more pointless than normal!

Seriously though I suppose any edge you have on the field is multiplied but you have to go deeper to make it profitable
                                            I never thought about the bubble tbh. I'm looking at the 5pm 39k atm and the bubble is currently worth $57.43, so maybe 2x entries is best. I haven't decided on much tbh but might play the 5pm, 7pm and 8pm(KO) games @2x entries and see how I get on, it mihgt only last 3 nights!

I'll get a thread going after this evenings grind but all thoughts appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                              5starpool in the well?
                                              lol, you have no idea how uninteresting this would be.

Comment

Finkel in the well.

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                                  Yeah think it was for the high roller? Think i said would have called anyone else. Bubbled that was on major tilt. Gl with whatever u play
                                                  Thanks. Ye think that was it. I didn't recognise the sn until after the hand when you spoke, I shove v wide there with the stacks as they were fwiw, most people are folding a lot of their range to a shove from my stack that would cripple them, not that I had rags, Q10hh iirc. Playing a sat to that atm. Ul on bubbling there, I thought you would have spiked a ticket after I donked ai to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                    5starpool in the well?
                                                    Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                    Finkel in the well.
                                                    "Ding, dong, bell..."
                                                    by Mother Goose

Ding, dong, bell,
                                                    Pussy's in the well!
                                                    Who put her in?
                                                    Little Tommy Green.
                                                    Who pulled her out?
                                                    Big Johnny Stout.

What a naughty boy was that,
                                                    To drown poor pussy-cat,
                                                    Who never did him any harm,
                                                    But killed the mice in his father's barn!

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Since i got my Desire last May i have had issues with the wifi, discovered by accident the weekend it works fine if i also have bluetooth enabled...only took 9 months....anyways...feck me ! its a beast, first time really trying out some of the features.

Gmote is the nuts, i can stream media from the laptop onto the phone...how cool is that ! Also tried an app called "camera wifi livestream", you can use the phone as a remote camera that can be viewed through the browser on the computer. I was kinda dissapointed at the start but now with the ability to use all of the functions im like a child at xmas !!
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                        Since i got my Desire last May i have had issues with the wifi, discovered by accident the weekend it works fine if i also have bluetooth enabled...only took 9 months....anyways...feck me ! its a beast, first time really trying out some of the features.

Gmote is the nuts, i can stream media from the laptop onto the phone...how cool is that ! Also tried an app called "camera wifi livestream", you can use the phone as a remote camera that can be viewed through the browser on the computer. I was kinda dissapointed at the start but now with the ability to use all of the functions im like a child at xmas !!
                                                        Yeah there is some cool features on the phone as for live streaming it was Dom who done some at the IO with Justin.tv your connection has to be very good but it was pretty cool and it also stored what you video as well.

Comment

Japanese McDonalds ad.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr6Wwb6Std0[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                            hmmm that has the potential to be ghey. Still hoping as a "student" that I luckbox the fade on this one

Or the GAA jink, seeing jinking is what GAA is all about

Comment

NEDS is half of a cracking film.

Also started watching Community. I'm going to watch an episode with my breakfast every morning. Not enough people watch comedy first thing in the morning imo.

Comment

Finkel in the well.
                                                                How would this be interesting. The No flaming rule straight out the window

Comment

Emmet's dad is a gentleman and didn't grumble even though I was 10 minutes late to meet him to sell him a phone.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Also started watching Community. I'm going to watch an episode with my breakfast every morning. Not enough people watch comedy first thing in the morning imo.
                                                                    Somebody posted about this the other day (The Sitch I think) and said it was worth a watch.

I also like your idea of Community in the morning would set you up for a cracking day

Comment

any1 know a good site where i could get a stream of the chelsea match?

Comment

Originally posted by Insanodude View Post
                                                                        any1 know a good site where i could get a stream of the chelsea match?
                                                                        tvoo.eu is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tvoo.eu has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

That confident Bolton will beat Chelsea I have benched Drogba for Elmander in FF!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                            That confident Bolton will beat Chelsea I have benched Drogba for Elmander in FF!

great thinking

Comment

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Way to go you had to piss Drogba off.

Comment

lol, havent seen a ball deviate so much in a long time!
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Some goal

Comment

Jinxtastic

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          The last ~40 minutes turned it from a 8.5/10 to a 7/10 imo. I did like the final scene though
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

BBV Help RE Laptop

After the death of my HP laptop last week I have been looking at loads of laptops to replace it. I am going to spend around the £500 / €650 mark for a 15.6" screen lappy. The one thing I want it to have is a numeric keypad.

What do you think on these ones here?

Thanks in advance guys

Comment

16s now - yes please

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                After the death of my HP laptop last week I have been looking at loads of laptops to replace it. I am going to spend around the £500 / €650 mark for a 15.6" screen lappy. The one thing I want it to have is a numeric keypad.

Thanks in advance guys
                                                                                                Just did a very quick search, but this looks like better value to me.

Comment

Thanks in advance guys
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-R530-Windows-Premium-Processor/dp/B004GKE06A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295901005&sr=8-1[/ame]

these are absolute beasts, and a steal at the price.

Few other "R" models which spec up if you want something closer to your budget.

Comment

good job
                                                                                                    48

Comment

Have a Toshiba Sat from years ago, dunno if newer models are better or I was unlucky but would not recommend.

Overheating problems from the get go.

Comment

80s now hmmm

Comment

Game over. Thank you for playing Bolton.

Comment

You can of course get a much higher spec for the same money but god these are a sexy machine. Some drop in price on what one of these could have cost even 6 months ago.

Opr

Comment

Opponent in FF Cup has Drogba and Malouda..I'm a good bit ahead and his only chance was for these two to have a stormer. Safe I thought! Oh well lucky as fuck that I've a good few more players playing twice this week!
                                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Oh mighty BBV

Easy one for you tonight. Does anyone know any shops in the city centre that sells Beef Jerky. Jack links if possible.

Comment

Have a Toshiba Sat from years ago, dunno if newer models are better or I was unlucky but would not recommend.

Overheating problems from the get go.
                                                                                                                  Really? The one the kids were using until Christmas was almost 6 years old and the only reason it was fukked was because Tony spilled tea on it (a ploy to get a new laptop imo )

I had severe overheating problems with my HP and that was due to the NVidia graphics card and was a known problem. The Toshiba has been brilliant and nothing went wrong with it until the accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    You can of course get a much higher spec for the same money but god these are a sexy machine. Some drop in price on what one of these could have cost even 6 months ago.

Opr
                                                                                                                    I can't find these on the dell ireland site anymore. Is that one old stock?
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Dont think you can get beef jerky here - i did hear that Donnybrook Fair stocked it a few times. I once bought a load online.

Comment

Thanks in advance guys

apart from the battery life the toshiba edges it out for me here.
                                                                                                                        That being said, I wouldnt pay anywhere near those prices.
                                                                                                                        Both of them seem way overpriced imo
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Thanks in advance guys
                                                                                                                          Don't buy either of those rip-offs.

This has better specs and costs significantly less:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X