This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
    This, Chapelizod needs a coffee shop that sells booze and hot food.
    Affluent

af·flu·ent   /ˈæfluənt or, often, əˈflu-/
    –adjective
    1. having an abundance of wealth, property, or other material goods; prosperous; rich: an affluent person.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      My God! I've been paid €209 less than I was last month. I didn't think the cuts would impact so severely.
      I've lost 8% of my net salary. And trust me it is very noticeable at the end of the week if I want a few pints or to buy a computer game/new runners or w/e, that is no longer the case. I am heading snowboarding the first week of March and instead of being able to have a few beers every other week in the run up to it I can't afford to go out, I don't mind that too much as both are non essential luxuries in life that I would ordinarily take for granted.

Also I dumped a pair of usable football boots and sold my hurling helmet as I was pretty sure I would be quitting the game altogether before xmas. So I have to buy some hurleys (at least three to start @ €20 a pop), brand new helmet (€60), brand new boots, gear for training, membership and insurance. Long story short it is going to cost me €200 plus. It is frustrating to see the surplus from my wages eaten up.

That said ironically, by cutting out the beer and unessential shite with take aways and novelty crap and running on a tighter budget has made me more motivated, healthier, more energetic and appreciative of some small things that I took for granted for too long.

That said I would still like the extra cash . Once I get the snowboarding and the rest out of the way I think I will be looking at saving all the pennies and a winter in Whistler followed by the summer in Vancouver. Lastly all going according to plan, bring a few canuck dollars home and head back to college in September to do what I should have been doing the last few years.

Comment

Funnny Sid Lowe tweet: Gray and Keys suspended for tonights game. How ironic that they should be suspended for spouting insane, cliched I'll informed nonesense.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Ashtown is in the heart of Negative Equity Land, not going to be much if any disposable income out that way for a loooooong time. Have a walk around the neighbourhood and see what you think.

city centre or affluent suburbs imo
          + the negotiators name is Gerry Terry!! come on....

Comment

monthly wages come in on thursday - Never paid tax on any of it before so hopefully wont be paying on it now - one time dealer

Comment

Affluent

af·flu·ent   /ˈæfluənt or, often, əˈflu-/
              –adjective
              1. having an abundance of wealth, property, or other material goods; prosperous; rich: an affluent person.
              All of Chapelizod is mansions! This is what I'm renting www.daft.ie/1420185. Thankfully it won't be sold.

But seriously Chapelizod needs one, in the heart of the picturesque village of Chapelizod. It's a relaxed and intimate village setting offers a mix of local amenities such as shops, pubs, bus routes, schools and is within easy reach of the city centre. This location also boasts the Phoenix Park to one side and the River Liffey on the other
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Arsenal hoping to sign Alex Chamberlain today. Means we'll have a Theo Walcott on both wings now and both taken from the same club. The other guy Lallana looks a bit of a catch too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGh9Lc0OqYo
                He might need to work on the celebration at 2.31 tho!!

Originally posted by careca View Post
                Barcelona hotels - any recommendations?

Bringing the wife so some place nice but not too expensive. Once its clean and safe I'll be happy. 3 day trip and would like it central enough.

What are the other dos and don't re Barcelona? Never been.

Thanks.
                Stayed in the Hotel Astoria last summer. Booked on hotels.com and got it fairly cheap. Nice old building with decent rooms. Rooftop pool is just a tub but apart from that had no problem with the place. Central enough - €7 from Las Ramblas, €14 from the Olympic Port in taxis. Has a few restaurants and bars right beside it too. Be very wary of pickpockets/thieves around the busy areas at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  I had to get my hard drive recovered lately. Apart from losing some college files, pics etc I lost the folder that had all my gambling records from the last 5 years
                  Harsh lesson learned there man, unlucky but you will know to back shit up in future.

Again HDDs are mechanical and will all eventually fail, the amount of business people or students we get in every month looking for recovery from toasted HDDs is staggering. For thesis work or business accounts usually, poor feckers but they will never make the same mistake again.

Comment

This is what I'm renting www.daft.ie/1420185.
                    seriously?

is it somewhat telling that none of the photos show the interior?

Comment

monthly wages come in on thursday - Never paid tax on any of it before so hopefully wont be paying on it now - one time dealer
                      you'll be paying this bad boy anyway

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Funnny Sid Lowe tweet: Gray and Keys suspended for tonights game. How ironic that they should be suspended for spouting insane, cliched I'll informed nonesense.
                        phase 1 of sledgejammer's plan complete ... wp!

Comment

Facebook question; how do you go about deleting a Facebook group? can it be done?

Comment

seriously?

is it somewhat telling that none of the photos show the interior?
                            Yeah it's 1982 inside, well not that bad but the view, general size and surroundings makes up for it. Roll on summer, you can come to our bbq

Comment

This, Chapelizod needs a coffee shop that sells booze and hot food.
                              +1
                              waiting 2 years for that pizzeria
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

All of Chapelizod is mansions! This is what I'm renting www.daft.ie/1420185. Thankfully it won't be sold.

But seriously Chapelizod needs one, in the heart of the picturesque village of Chapelizod. It's a relaxed and intimate village setting offers a mix of local amenities such as shops, pubs, bus routes, schools and is within easy reach of the city centre. This location also boasts the Phoenix Park to one side and the River Liffey on the other
                                however, it's not great that dozens of cottages are uninhabited and no-one knows who owns them.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

you'll be paying this bad boy anyway
                                  hmmm that has the potential to be ghey. Still hoping as a "student" I luckbox the fade on that one

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                    Barcelona hotels - any recommendations?

Bringing the wife so some place nice but not too expensive. Once its clean and safe I'll be happy. 3 day trip and would like it central enough.

What are the other dos and don't re Barcelona? Never been.

Thanks.
                                    I really liked Montjuic, the park, hill and castle overlooking the city. A decent walk on a sunny day (theres various cable cars + funiculars that cut a bit of the walking out if necessary).

Comment

Facebook question; how do you go about deleting a Facebook group? can it be done?
                                      On the group main page, click on "Edit Members", and remove everyone from the group.
                                      Return to the group main page, and click on "leave group".
                                      Once no members in the group it'll delete

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        however, it's not great that dozens of cottages are uninhabited and no-one knows who owns them.
                                        Yeah what's the story with them, surprised no squatters have ever moved in Dutch style. Some big ass buildings in the village, I see my old place is back up for rent again.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                          phase 1 of sledgejammer's plan complete ... wp!
                                          This is only a stepping stone to achieve total freedom from those two but it's a fine start alright...
                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                            Harsh lesson learned there man, unlucky but you will know to back shit up in future.

Again HDDs are mechanical and will all eventually fail, the amount of business people or students we get in every month looking for recovery from toasted HDDs is staggering. For thesis work or business accounts usually, poor feckers but they will never make the same mistake again.
                                            How often should you be upgrading HDDs? Am thinking atm of getting a 2tb Media storage device and just wondering how long i should expect out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              Funnny Sid Lowe tweet: Gray and Keys suspended for tonights game. How ironic that they should be suspended for spouting insane, cliched I\'ll informed nonesense.
                                              Interesting that audio was leaked the same week Gray was involved in high court action against News of the World for phone hacking.
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yes!!!

Called for Jury Duty again, loved it last time.

Comment

can we throw someone down the well??

@ Rasta - you can get out of it by saying your religious beliefs mean you are unable to judge anyone. Might not work if you'v already done it though

Comment

@ Rasta - you can get out of it by saying your religious beliefs mean you are unable to judge anyone. Might not work if you'v already done it though
                                                    Oh no chance I'll be looking to get out of it. Found it fascinating last time and delighted to be called again. Hopefully it's a juicy case. Bank robbery was previous.

Comment

Yeah what's the story with them, surprised no squatters have ever moved in Dutch style. Some big ass buildings in the village, I see my old place is back up for rent again.
                                                      there used to be tons of squatters in the village. I think the residents association got rid of them
                                                      next door to the villager had a commune or close to it.
                                                      They even had electricity.

The village itself was full of OAP's before the apartments came along.
                                                      They died and either had no heirs or no-one knew them.
                                                      I've heard rumours that one of the locals bought them for a song from the council just before the crash.

Comment

can we throw someone down the well??
                                                        Yes, let's get someone a small bit insane down there, give us an interesting read.

Comment

any nominations?

Comment

I need to buy an external hard-drive can someone recommend one for me please.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Thanks.
                                                              Was just about to purchase this. Maybe if people have other suggestions will have a look

Comment

western-digital my-book-essential-2-tb

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                    Was just about to purchase this. Maybe if people have other suggestions will have a look

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/...N/default.aspx
                                                                    bought 2 of the 1TB version a couple of weeks ago, as they were 45 quid a pop on pixmania. can't fault them tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                      thanks to RDIII for limiting the impact this month, although I did just throw it all on Chelsea tonight. gotta ride the rush man!
                                                                      I wish you luck but methinks you haven't looked at Bolton's home results or Chelsea's away results (apart from 1st freak month) this season. And looking at Wolves teach Chelsea a lesson very recently I don't see anything to suggest Chelsea have turned a corner.

I too am looking for something to punt on to let my Cowen money ride as should every self-respecting punter who missed out on the 9/2 odds. Have to chase theoretical losses with the real winnings obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        Does danloulou post here, can't remember if its a name i know from here, orjust from being top of the rankings
                                                                        Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                                                                        Used to post on the other place, 1 sec I'll get his name there

It's Shivverz
                                                                        He posts here under the same name to my knowledge. Well someone posts under that name who staked me and a few others into a $55 super sat into the 200 seat gtd mega sat on Stars for the WSOP ME. I got into the mega sat but couldn't scoop a $12k package. I played one hand woefully in that game and it tortures me still. Was chatting to Shivverz via MSN during the game and couldn't work out what he was on about, so I just carried on doing what I was doing and playing my game which was way below par att, little did I realise that he was light years ahead of me in poker. I should have saved every word of it. It's pity he didn't introduce himself properly, in saying that I would have only known him by his online poker name att.

Amsterdam was class btw people, I just haven't a brain anymore to do a TP or the like.

Comment

any nominations?
                                                                          Just start a thread on some unsuspecting victim and force them to answer questions

Comment

Not with those photos. I like the one of the close up of the railing with the fucked paint job and the really dirty paving on the steps most

Comment

any nominations?
                                                                              Sean Prendiville said he would do one before Christmas?

Would be a very good well imo.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                I wish you luck but methinks you haven't looked at Bolton's home results or Chelsea's away results (apart from 1st freak month) this season. And looking at Wolves teach Chelsea a lesson very recently I don't see anything to suggest Chelsea have turned a corner.
                                                                                .
                                                                                Yeah I think laying Chelsea in the -1 Asian Handicap at 2.3 could be a good play here. Bolton haven't lost at home this season by more then 1 goal and only lost 5 times at home in their last 40 games by greater than a single goal. Chelsea's away record has been awful of late two. They do have a very good record against Bolton over the years though.

Franky Lamps out again. Just wondering if the massive amount of games he's played over the years are starting to catch up with him. Like he's played more prem games then the likes of Scholes and Neville despite being a few years younger.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Jesus, rough oul day in college. Snoozed a bit during one lecture, lecturer not too happy, but I saved her ass by answering a question after the whole class hung her out to dry.

Gym in a while, will definitely sleep like a log tonight!

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                      And as racist as it sounds; watch out for the thieving gypsies.
                                                                                      fyp

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFAz0fVe5BE[/ame]

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                          Just start a thread on some unsuspecting victim and force them to answer questions
                                                                                          Angry Ball nominated himself here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...282#post238282
                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

BRAGSKI-had my penultimate inspection of teaching practice today. Went really well and without being too gruesome genuinly enjoy working in the school. Basically now have my provisional grade for the year (exams apart which should be mellow) as have put in a respectable amout of work over the past 6 months-absolute torture of a last few months but feeling good about it now.

I think Ive played teh live pokes three times in that period. May well go for the stroke inducing pokies session over the weekend! Acceptable.

Comment

Oh no chance I'll be looking to get out of it. Found it fascinating last time and delighted to be called again. Hopefully it's a juicy case. Bank robbery was previous.
                                                                                              I'd love to be on a jury but I'm not allowed to be. I'd say it's a fascinating process. Where are you being called for? A Circuit or Dublin?
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

New Fringe episode

SPOILER
                                                                                                Featuring Doc. Brown :O
                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                  the stroke inducing pokies session
                                                                                                  dread to think what jbravado's subject choice is. I'd imagine he's a popular teacher though...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                    I'd love to be on a jury but I'm not allowed to be. I'd say it's a fascinating process. Where are you being called for? A Circuit or Dublin?
                                                                                                    Dublin Looking forward to seeing the new building on the inside, looks impressive compared to the old place.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Thanks.

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/...N/default.aspx
                                                                                                      Seems like a decent buy lads
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Dublin Looking forward to seeing the new building on the inside, looks impressive compared to the old place.
                                                                                                        It's pretty class alright. The views from the top floor are amazing too.
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Spartacus Gods of the Arena anybody watched the premiere the other night?

Have to say I really liked it roll on for some more

Comment

dread to think what jbravado's subject choice is. I'd imagine he's a popular teacher though...
                                                                                                            That school will be churning out Maths probability experts and such types as union leaders, politicians etc - you know the type, the ones that wont fold no matter how much pressure you apply

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              Spartacus Gods of the Arena anybody watched the premiere the other night?

Have to say I really liked it roll on for some more
                                                                                                              Would you have to watch the other Spartacus series to catch up with this one? New ep of Community was very good.

Also just starting Season 3 of Arrested Devl, quality quality show

Comment

Would you have to watch the other Spartacus series to catch up with this one? New ep of Community was very good.

Also just starting Season 3 of Arrested Devl, quality quality show
                                                                                                                For sure you would to because at the start of the first episode there is massive spoilers for Spartacus.

You defo check out Spartacus its some cheesy awesome viewing

Yeah the new episode of Community was very good seen your update the other day "im so changry"
                                                                                                                Last edited by tylerdurden94; 24-01-11, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I too am looking for something to punt on to let my Cowen money ride as should every self-respecting punter who missed out on the 9/2 odds. Have to chase theoretical losses with the real winnings obv.
                                                                                                                  No, I've looked at them alright but it gives me an easy ride.

Bolton win I get to lol at Chelsea

Draw I get to lol at Chelsea

Chelsa win I get the loots

+

Bolton have only one draw in four with three defeats, they may be blooding Wheather in defence for the first time and they generally struggle against Chelsea (no goals in three, no goals at home in seven, no clean sheets in 20 etc etc)

Lampard missing again isn't great but it was worth a punt and will hopefully pay off.
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Challenge????

I've been wanting to do a challenge on FTP for a while to help my concentration and improve how I play. I seem to donk a lot more there than on any other site so I want to put that to an end. I've never done a challenge or the like before so thought I'd post here instead of going off and making a rather facepalming thread. I have a roll of $482.09 there. What is a good target to set to bring this up to over the week? I'm going to grind the $26 DS games and this week has double gtd prizepools with multiple buy in option so prob no better week to give this a go. Should I be looking to ship more to FTP since this isn't a lot of buy-ins to realistically cope with the varience of the field sizes? I only want to do it for a week so I'm thinking that might be a factor and the BR could be fine.

Thoughts?
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Caf; 24-01-11, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Lampard missing again isn't great but it was worth a punt and will hopefully pay off.
                                                                                                                      Hopefully it doesn't!

Comment

Morning.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Think will wander into the Fitz tonight for whatever game is on on Mondays. 75 FO from memory? 20/25 min blinds?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X