This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
    From a thread on 2+2, would you do 10 years in prison for 100million?
    No fkin way!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
      Right, well I'm currently in negotiations with the owner over a better price so will report back anyway(yes slow day in work)
      I mailed off to a few places today.

Strangely inflexible market or so it would appear. Most of them reply back with their price and I reply back to say to say 'thanks but I got a cheaper quote of x for a similar place' (truthfully). Not one of them has come back to amend their price which seems a bit odd for the off-season. Surely some cash flow is better than no cash flow?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        played one game, a freeroll, of poker so far this month.

really missing playing.
        Yeah, I have not played a live game since early october.

Gonna head to the Voodoo monthly this sunday so at least you know there will be some value in that.

Comment

LHD pic on that website, tut tut

gears, wtf?

Comment

Posted this before but this guy should be put it better on why I would not that most.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFH4h2EVMP4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              Just so ye know in a parallel universe we are not in crises. the conscious part of you in this one is probably bored, broke and wants to count to 1 million however the infinite versions of you out there are having varying difficult and easy times. In one, you are perfectly living out all you talents to the max and in another your little spermy mush never made it to the egg as yore da insulted yore ma and he wasted you in a tissue watching my old lad and Raquel Welsh getting it on on the goggle box. In this hologram of Universes all your nightmares and dreams are occurring simultaneously. In one particular universe, this post makes complete sense. Anyway, I'm never watching Horizon again life was so much simpler yesterday.
              Jesus Christ.

Maybe I'm being a bit over sensitive here, but that's just too much in my book.
              If anybody spoke about my father like that to me in person, whether in jest or otherwise, they would have a serious problem on their hands.

I'm sure this is going to be put down to me being incapable of 'getting' your sense of humour or you being some master wind-up merchant who operates on a different level to the rest of us but this crosses a line.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure it's me who turns out to have the problem.
              Step away from the internet Ciaran.

Comment

the key to the Leaf:

The Irish Government have committed to providing a grant of €5,000 and and an exemption from paying Vehicle Registration tax (VRT) to motorists who buy electric cars.
                very progressive, I applaud the Government for this

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  the key to the Leaf:

very progressive, I applaud the Government for this
                  eh hold on there Ted

"Retail price of €29,995 - €34,995 Less Government grant of €5,000 - Retail price quoted includes battery but excludes metallic paint and dealer related delivery charges"

Comment

did you not see that youtube vid posted here a couple of days ago about tossing salad! :0 i should think not sir i dont like sypre or jelly thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                      Yeah, I have not played a live game since early october.

Gonna head to the Voodoo monthly this sunday so at least you know there will be some value in that.
                      I literally can't even afford the buy in for that, even with my tournament league reward due on thursday!
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I like it but apparently I should be looking for somewhere in a country club sort of place as there will be more facilities for the kids. So I'm ordered told anyway

this sort of gaff imo
                        My family have been going to Quinta do Lago for years. We have a place in Quinta Verde now but used to have time shares here
                        http://www.fsccquintadolago.com/
                        and here
                        Four Seasons Fairways provides the ultimate luxury leisure experience a "home from home" style of hospitality in Quinta do Lago.

I don't think prices get too outrageous until after Easter, and both are pretty ideal for kids and within very short distance of beaches and some fantastic restaurants.

Just down the road is another resort which is also good for families and again not far from beaches, restaurants etc. Both Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago are about 20 mins from Vilamoura. I think Vale do Lobo is slightly cheaper than Quinta do Lago.
                        Discover the legendary luxurious Vale do Lobo resort, surrounded by world-class golf courses and stunning beaches, established since 1962.

I'd certainly give them a look as from experience both are nicer areas than Vilamoura, Albufeira etc and great for kids/families as I said. Quinta do Lago isn't far from the airport either.

Comment

Just finished season 4 of the Wire. Is there only 10 episodes in season 5?

Comment

Just seen Steven Pienaar is heading to Spurs..Wonder was there a market for it as I just remembered he would have known VdV well from their time at Ajax so that would have given them a big edge imo. Oh well..
                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Hey Champ, are you ever going to post answers to that quiz or am I going to my grave with unresolved middling long military force links floating around the quantum mush that is left of my mind
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Posted this before but this guy should be put it better on why I would not that most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFH4h2EVMP4
                                LOL i remember Chris rock going on about this and i taught he had made it up! it was funny as fcuk though cant belive that was real!

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                  Jesus Christ.

Maybe I'm being a bit over sensitive here, but that's just too much in my book.
                                  If anybody spoke about my father like that to me in person, whether in jest or otherwise, they would have a serious problem on their hands.

I'm sure this is going to be put down to me being incapable of 'getting' your sense of humour or you being some master wind-up merchant who operates on a different level to the rest of us but this crosses a line.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure it's me who turns out to have the problem.
                                  Step away from the internet Ciaran.
                                  Bless you Bless you Bless you, Bless you.

Yer probably the last man on here I'd offend purposely but yeah you took it up entirely wrong . For 'yore da' read everyones Da (he's aving at go at everyones da now)
                                  Read my post again (in context) and if still offended my apologies and you can have a free punch on my chin anytime.
                                  (I've got a granite jaw so don't worry) as for my sense of humour, I do need help but I don't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Hey Champ, are you ever going to post answers to that quiz or am I going to my grave with unresolved middling long military force links floating around the quantum mush that is left of my mind
                                    Shit, sorry I meant to do that. I'll get the email and post them later on!

Comment

I'm going to Jersey Shore
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                        LOL i remember Chris rock going on about this and i taught he had made it up! it was funny as fcuk though cant belive that was real!
                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPaZ6FymGmA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                        Last edited by oleras; 18-01-11, 16:14.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Finally went to Locks restaurant since it reopened with new management (owner of pearl brasserie) and new chef (ex sous chef at l'ecrivain), and it gets a massive thumbs up from me. seriously good food, good wine list, and great service. Highly recommended.

BTW, did raoul, rasta or deadparrot ever give a trip report about that city deal offer for a 2 course meal in a restaurant in george we all bought tickets for? if so was it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                            Just finished season 4 of the Wire. Is there only 10 episodes in season 5?
                                            yip only the ten. last ones a long un i think, can't remember.
                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                              BTW, did raoul, rasta or deadparrot ever give a trip report about that city deal offer for a 2 course meal in a restaurant in george we all bought tickets for? if so was it any good?
                                              haven't been yet but might go on Thursday or Friday so will post a TR then

Comment

Although I'm sure they have plans to roll out a lot more charge points anyway. I wonder are these chargepoints make\model interchangeable? i.e. can I recharge any kind of electric vehicle at them?

it's definitely the way of the future, personally I'd be looking for (a) more range and (b) bigger cars. But that's just me, I'm sure it would suit some people very well.
                                                Most planning applications we have done in last 12 months have included electricity charge points for most residential spaces and some for commercial development. Obviously these schemes will never be built!! Pointless buying an electric car in this country with the lack of charge points and facilities

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                  Any new US shows starting this week that are worth a watch or is everything just the 2nd/3rd season starting up again?
                                                  New show started last week called The Cape that has Summer Glau in it

Spartacus Gods of the Arena is kicking off this weekend and Season 5 of Big Love started last Sunday if you havent been into that you should give it a shot.

Comment

I'm applying for rent relief for student accomodation I had the first half of last year.

I ring the landlord to ask for a reciept for the period, but he has disconnected his phone. I have his home address, but don't have his PRSI number. Can I still submit the claim or would I need more information?

Comment

Some Breaking Bad news

A press release from AMC has confirmed that filming for there multi-award winning series Breaking Bad has begun. The cast and crew assembled in Albuquerque, New Mexico on January 13 to begin capturing the thirteen episode season. With such a cliffhanger ending to season 3, scripts are being kept top secret and will only be handed out as each episode being shot. Hopefully we will have some more news about production on this highly anticipated season in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        I gave mine to the folks and they haven't gone yet.
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                          Most planning applications we have done in last 12 months have included electricity charge points for most residential spaces and some for commercial development. Obviously these schemes will never be built!! Pointless buying an electric car in this country with the lack of charge points and facilities
                                                          interesting

would retrofitting these into existing buildings be expensive? a grant to do this would probably be more practical

Comment

Anyone who posts leaks of spoilers to the next season of breaking bad will be killed.

Comment

Hotspur, re: IHA, got a flyer from her again at the weekend, and I'm thinking its time for me to do some therapy training, her course looks quite comprehensive. Was it the 7 day bootcamp you did, and if so,how did you find the "troubleshooting weekends" after?

Thinking of giving her a call and having a chat with her about it, how approachable is she?
                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                I'm applying for rent relief for student accomodation I had the first half of last year.

I ring the landlord to ask for a reciept for the period, but he has disconnected his phone. I have his home address, but don't have his PRSI number. Can I still submit the claim or would I need more information?

Try a New Approach

Comment

interesting

would retrofitting these into existing buildings be expensive? a grant to do this would probably be more practical
                                                                  not a question for a planner like me!!

Imagine wouldnt be cheap tho. Grants would be the way to go. Not sure how you'd do it for surface car parking and controlling who uses the power points

Comment

Try a New Approach
                                                                    3/10

Expect better from you

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      3/10

Expect better from you
                                                                      I laughed
                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

eh hold on there Ted

"Retail price of €29,995 - €34,995 Less Government grant of €5,000 - Retail price quoted includes battery but excludes metallic paint and dealer related delivery charges"
                                                                        Does seem high alright but couldn't you just import one from South Africa since there is no VRT?

Comment

For the Nic Cage fans among us.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXIoBnu2MU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            3/10

Expect better from you

It was meant to be an ott simple bad joke as Bless You didn't get my other rather excellent one earlier. (IMO of course) but ya know there more I think about it, this one is better.

you earthlings are a rather strange lot to please.

Comment

It was meant to be an ott simple bad joke as Bless You didn't get my other rather excellent one earlier. (IMO of course) but ya know there more I think about it, this one is better.

you earthlings are a rather strange lot to please.
                                                                              I felt your joke earlier missed a great chance at having a punchline which you would've been only too overjoyed to post too though!

blah blah blah quantum physics etc
                                                                              and then

SPOILER
                                                                              Nevertheless, there doesn't exist one parallel universe with a decent Liverpool team.

Or however you wanted to word it. I thought that's what you were setting up for!

Comment

I'm travelling in Africa for the next few weeks and when I looked on the vodafone site I saw that they were charging 30 per day for 50MB of data but you could get a 500 Mb Monthly package for €86.
                                                                                So I rang them to ask about all the details and costs as the website is a bit all over the place and the guy told me that because I have a 1Gb add on I could use up my own allowance in Africa without incurring any extra charges. I didn't really believe him so I rang back spoke to another lad who confirmed it, the only restriction being that I connect through Vodafone live on 3G - which afaik is the only way I can connect . (I took his name and he said he'd put a note on my account detailing what he'd confirmed to me)

Do I believe them and deal with any consequences afterwards or what?
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Do students get rent relief?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    I'm travelling in Africa for the next few weeks and when I looked on the vodafone site I saw that they were charging 30 per day for 50MB of data but you could get a 500 Mb Monthly package for €86.
                                                                                    So I rang them to ask about all the details and costs as the website is a bit all over the place and the guy told me that because I have a 1Gb add on I could use up my own allowance in Africa without incurring any extra charges. I didn't really believe him so I rang back spoke to another lad who confirmed it, the only restriction being that I connect through Vodafone live on 3G - which afaik is the only way I can connect . (I took his name and he said he'd put a note on my account detailing what he'd confirmed to me)

Do I believe them and deal with any consequences afterwards or what?
                                                                                    I was in France a few months ago and was able to use my regular data plan without any extra charge.

Comment

Surprised at the prices for DNW

Thought 2 lab and a shinner would be a shoe in.

Comment

Does anyone know if you go th UK on a Ryanair flight with only a driving licence as proof of ID. I checked their website and it doesn't say no, but just in case I said i would ask the all knowing BBV

An if they don't how long is it for a replacement?
                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
                                                                                          LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $188
                                                                                          UTG: $242.36
                                                                                          CO: $76
                                                                                          Hero (BTN): $496.50
                                                                                          SB: $417.20

Pre-Flop: K K dealt to Hero (BTN)
                                                                                          UTG calls $4, CO folds, Hero raises to $16, SB raises to $44, 2 folds, Hero raises to $108, SB raises to $170

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                            Does anyone know if you go th UK on a Ryanair flight with only a driving licence as proof of ID. I checked their website and it doesn't say no, but just in case I said i would ask the all knowing BBV

I got to the Uk with a gun licence on ryanair once. I thought any official government id will do.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFH4h2EVMP4
                                                                                              The 2p2 question did come with a no rape or beatings guarantee though. I think the real question should be would you carry boiling oats.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Do students get rent relief?
                                                                                                Yes, assuming it's your 'main residence' for the period you are claiming for.

Anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Comment

No you can't fly anywhere on Ryanair with your DL. Aer lingus you can fly to the UK.

Comment

Provide what details you have including the old phone number and let them sort it out.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Contact the estate agency, you don't need a receipt. Well they have never asked me for one. Just PPS number and address.

Comment

I watched the first two episodes on No Ordinary Family, not great but I can see some potential there. Anyone seen further episodes, is it worth sticking with?

Comment

I no longer wish to fight the power in this thread
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                            Contact the estate agency, you don't need a receipt. Well they have never asked me for one. Just PPS number and address.
                                                                                                            I dealt directly with him, not through an agency. I guess all I can do is put down all the details I have as Andy says.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                              Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
                                                                                                              LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $188
                                                                                                              UTG: $242.36
                                                                                                              CO: $76
                                                                                                              Hero (BTN): $496.50
                                                                                                              SB: $417.20

Pre-Flop: K K dealt to Hero (BTN)
                                                                                                              UTG calls $4, CO folds, Hero raises to $16, SB raises to $44, 2 folds, Hero raises to $108, SB raises to $170

sb have AA??
                                                                                                              Did you fold??

Comment

Stop paying rent imo

Comment

2nd hand in a staked tourney

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t3740)
                                                                                                                  Hero (Button) (t2990)
                                                                                                                  SB (t2980)
                                                                                                                  BB (t3000)
                                                                                                                  UTG (t3000)
                                                                                                                  MP (t3000)

Hero's M: 99.67

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 7
                                                                                                                  UTG calls t20, 1 fold, CO bets t80, Hero calls t80, 2 folds, UTG calls t60

Flop: (t270) J, 7, 4 (3 players)
                                                                                                                  UTG checks, CO bets t280, Hero raises to t600, 1 fold, CO calls t320

Turn: (t1470) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                                  CO bets t1200, Hero raises to t2310 (All-In), CO calls t1110

River: (t6090) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t6090

Results:
                                                                                                                  Hero had 7, 7 (three of a kind, sevens).
                                                                                                                  CO had 9, J (flush, Jack high).
                                                                                                                  Outcome: CO won t6090
                                                                                                                  Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

no you can't.
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      I no longer wish to fight the power in this thread
                                                                                                                      OK

Comment

Does anyone know if you go th UK on a Ryanair flight with only a driving licence as proof of ID. I checked their website and it doesn't say no

Comment

Ryanair also does NOT accept on any flight - driving licences, electoral/residence cards, family books, SEAMEN BOOKS, military ID cards etc.

Expired or damaged forms of photo-id will not be accepted on any flight.
                                                                                                                          .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X