Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We played the roulette (friend and myself). He lost €80 and i won €80.

i said to him going out the door "you should just have given me that €80 back in the villa, would have saved us all that signing up lark" Not a happy bunny.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      cheers Kayroo, sounds ideal.

probably looking to negotiate down to about 1,000 for two weeks in a villa (seeing as it's off-season). Hotel is pointless with small kids and the MIL will be along too so a house is the way to go.
      We stayed in a place near Albufeira and got taxis into Villamoura a few nights. It's at the top of a hill beside the beach, it's quiet, full of Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch and has a few nice restaurants right beside the beach. The place we stayed had a private swimming pool and had a few families staying there. It was all rented villas. It's a bit out of the way but it's nice enough. An English family arrived the last day we were there and annoyed the shit out of us for the whole day but we were there for 3 weeks and for the rest it was bliss to be honest.

The company that rents the places will pick you up from Faro, bring you to the apartments and sort you out with activities like water parks/golf etc and they have a minibus to ferry you and the sprogs about. It's a small suburb of Albufeira but I enjoyed it.

Place is called Pomba Branca. I can get details if you're interested.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Variance: As my overall pay for the year will be in an amount corresponding to the 20% tax rate, can I expect to get any of the money I paid at the 40% rate back?
        Only during weeks where you don't exceed your tax credits. So basically no.
        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
          Only during weeks where you don't exceed your tax credits. So basically no.
          So if I get paid 2K the first week in January but I don't work for the ret of the year I still end up paying tax in the 40% bracket on my 2K yearly income?

That's fucking thievery.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            We stayed in a place near Albufeira and got taxis into Villamoura a few nights. It's at the top of a hill beside the beach, it's quiet, full of Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch and has a few nice restaurants right beside the beach. The place we stayed had a private swimming pool and had a few families staying there. It was all rented villas. It's a bit out of the way but it's nice enough. An English family arrived the last day we were there and annoyed the shit out of us for the whole day but we were there for 3 weeks and for the rest it was bliss to be honest.

The company that rents the places will pick you up from Faro, bring you to the apartments and sort you out with activities like water parks/golf etc and they have a minibus to ferry you and the sprogs about. It's a small suburb of Albufeira but I enjoyed it.

Place is called Pomba Branca. I can get details if you're interested.
            cheers Kayroo, all sounds ideal (annoying cunts excepted). Happy to spend a few quid extra to get a nice place - English cricket team are paying for this anyway

we'll rent a car anyway so will be mobile.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So if I get paid 2K the first week in January but I don't work for the ret of the year I still end up paying tax in the 40% bracket on my 2K yearly income?

That's fucking thievery.
              no, you can claim it back at the end of the year

forget about it and then be happy when you get the cheque

Comment

That's fucking thievery.
                No. Then you can apply for it all back.

If you are out of work you can do it immediately and you get it back over a number of months.

You can alternatively do it at the end of the year and get a lump sum.

However if you are working and earning over the amount your tax credits cover (16.5k for a single person) then you won't be able to claim anything back.
                Last edited by bp_me; 18-01-11, 11:09.

Comment

cheers Kayroo, all sounds ideal (annoying cunts excepted). Happy to spend a few quid extra to get a nice place - English cricket team are paying for this anyway

we'll rent a car anyway so will be mobile.
                  PM me your email and I'll forward on the info I was given
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

LOL, good song El Shambo. Speaking of alternative realities.
                    Talking to the ol dear on the phone yesterday, What ya up to sez I. Ah shooting the breeze she said. She is less than one year retired and finally gets to shoot the breeze after giving birth to 11 offspring and fawning over many grandchildren despite working from aged 14 to 70 Never heard her use that expression nor the word mellow shich she also used. I suspect she in on the spliffs for the ol athritis (her hippy artist sister many have something to do with it) I must say the Mellow years sounds better than old age. She'll never make it to college now damn it.

Comment

no, you can claim it back at the end of the year

forget about it and then be happy when you get the cheque
                      Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                      No. Then you can apply for it all back.

If you are out of work you can do it immediately and you get it back over a number of months.

You can alternatively do it at the end of the year and get a lump sum.
                      Thank god

I think I'm probably in the same boat from last year actually. How do I go about claiming back?

Comment

Thank god

I think I'm probably in the same boat from last year actually. How do I go about claiming back?

Comment

@ Happy Dude and anyone else.

I think you also got a netbook last week from Dell ? Anyways, nice little case for it here, also doubles as a stand for it, delivered for 9 of the queens pounds.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Kenny Dalglish has promised to take Liverpool back to the 'Glory Days'.

Just as soon as he can get the DeLorean up to 88mph.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              @ Happy Dude and anyone else.

I think you also got a netbook last week from Dell ? Anyways, nice little case for it here, also doubles as a stand for it, delivered for 9 of the queens pounds.
                              Very nice hand sir, tyvm.
                              Looks far better than the non functional ones I was looking at on ebay.

Just a shame it's not pink to match the laptop, but you can't have everything.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                Very nice hand sir, tyvm.
                                Looks far better than the non functional ones I was looking at on ebay.

Just a shame it's not pink to match the laptop, but you can't have everything.
                                it will go with my nail polish...
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                  Spartacus prequel starts this week(21st).

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - Trailer #2The House of Batiatus is on the rise, basking in the glow of its infamous champion Gannicus. Poised to overthrow his...

Opr
                                  Looking forward to this.

Also it looks like they have replaced Andy Whitfield with Australian actor Liam McIntyre for S02 of Blood and Sand.
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Its T-Shirt time!

Few days early no?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                      LOL, good song El Shambo.
                                      Ya Otis Lee/ Rich Hall has some quality songs in his set
                                      prefer when he is just Rich Hall but still good stuff!
                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRw2mHbZ4ZM[/ame]
                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3SaG6UN2Bc[/ame]

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                      LOL, good song El Shambo. Speaking of alternative realities.
                                      Talking to the ol dear on the phone yesterday, What ya up to sez I. Ah shooting the breeze she said. She is less than one year retired and finally gets to shoot the breeze after giving birth to 11 offspring and fawning over many grandchildren despite working from aged 14 to 70 Never heard her use that expression nor the word mellow shich she also used. I suspect she in on the spliffs for the ol athritis (her hippy artist sister many have something to do with it) I must say the Mellow years sounds better than old age. She'll never make it to college now damn it.
                                      ahh ya, drugs are wasted on the young, just shows you lack self confidence and cannot have fun as yourself

old age however is the perfect time to be mashed off your skull 24/7
                                      Last edited by Guest; 18-01-11, 12:04.

Comment

Ordered one of those netbook sleeves Oleras.

Got a shiney one of these in change:

SPOILER

Comment

This place is so quiet lately, are we going through the one year itch?
                                          Cmon we're good together, we can make this work.

Comment

Its not me, its you !
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

For those playing New Vegas.

Get this gun

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLlp89cGKu4[/ame]

Comment

everyone's holding back nervously, watching the opposition, just trying to be the one who gets that magical 100,000th post in

imo

Comment

I think people left during Latin Day and haven't come back. Sorry 'bout that.

Comment

everyone's holding back nervously, watching the opposition, just trying to be the one who gets that magical 100,000th post in

imo
                                                    Boyles or PP should throw up a prize for the crack.

has to be legit though (cough KevIRL) !!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Its T-Shirt time!

Few days early no?
                                                      Seems not its over here as well http://tvdex.org/shows/jersey-shore

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      I think people left during Latin Day and haven't come back. Sorry 'bout that.
                                                      What a jerk
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

We need another bloody good economic crisis.
                                                        Get the furious posts count back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                          oh, we're still in crisis all right....

the monkeys have found other things to make noise about though

Comment

Comment

3 - damn this counting to a million is hard!

Comment

I'm going to get the post.
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dont know if anyone's following my hero, admitted man love, but there in trouble again!

Originally posted by random news site View Post
                                                                      Ryanair warns on boarding cards
                                                                      Ryanair has warned that if a Spanish court ruling describing fees for reissuing boarding passes as illegal is upheld on appeal it will stop printing the passes.

The airline said passengers who show up for flights without a boarding pass will be unable to travel.

It also confirmed plans to vigorously contest the “bizarre and unlawful” decision of a Spanish court, which found it was wrong to impose “unfair” fees on passengers who failed to print out their own boarding cards.

Last week, Judge Barbara Maria Cordoba of the Barcelona commercial court said airlines and not passengers were obliged to issue boarding cards. She took the decision in a case brought by Dan Miro, a lawyer who objected to being charged €40 after he failed to print his boarding card before a flight.

“The normal practice over the years has been that the obligation to issue the boarding card has always fallen on the carrier,” she ruled. “I declare unfair and therefore void the contractual clause in which Ryanair obliges the passenger to be the one who brings the printed boarding pass to travel or face a penalty of €40.”

The airline said this morning it would base its appeal on the fact that its passengers agree at the time of booking that they will check-in online and print off their own boarding cards at least four hours prior to the scheduled departure of their flight.

It claimed that if a passenger arrived at an airport without their boarding card, then “they are not entitled to fly, and there is no obligation on Ryanair to provide them with replacements”.

The carrier also insisted it was not open to the Barcelona commercial court “to redraft or alter the reasonable contractual terms already agreed between Ryanair and its passengers and which are readily observed by over 99 per cent of all Ryanair passengers who arrive at the airport with their boarding cards”.

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said the airline’s systems appealed to passengers because it was "simple, efficient and agreed by each passenger at the time of booking".

He said that without these systems in place, Ryanair would have to employ "numerous handling agents at all airports to issue manual boarding cards for passengers who simply 'forgot' to bring their pre-printed boarding passes or who failed to comply with their original agreement to check-in online”.

Mr McNamara said Ryanair could not understand how the court was in a position to “reinterpret a contractual agreement freely entered into" between it and its passenger "after the event".

He expressed confidence the ruling would be overturned on appeal and said that ahead of any such ruling the boarding card reissue fee would continue to be applied at all Ryanair airports for passengers arriving at airports without online boarding cards.

Mr McNamara warned if the ruling was upheld on appeal, it would cease offering a boarding pass reissue facility at airports and said that passengers who were not in possession of a valid boarding pass “will not be able to pass through security, and will be unable to travel. These passengers will then need to make a new booking for the next available flight at the current fare".
                                                                      Last edited by pgodkin; 18-01-11, 14:26.

Comment

Any new US shows starting this week that are worth a watch or is everything just the 2nd/3rd season starting up again?

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                          Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                          3 - damn this counting to a million is hard!
                                                                          Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                          show off, fixing my mistake's and counting properly! what are you the kayroo of numbers????

Comment

If anyones interested, I just made a thread in Personal Logs;

Warning: may contain rambly and self-indulgent bullshit;

Comment

yea 1 2 1 too

Comment

Seeing as petrol is approaching the €1.50 mark, anybody think these will take off in the next 3-5 years?

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Dont know if anyone's following my hero, admitted man love, but there in trouble again!
                                                                                  Ok, I can understand the 40 euro charge if you are too dumb to print the boarding card before you travel, what irks me is the 6 euro online check in charge, wtf is that all about ? I know its low cost, i know you dont have to supply ground staff for me because i checked in online...why charge me 6 euro for that ? I printed the damn piece of paper, entered my passport info etc, they should be giving a discount for that shit, not charging extra !
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                                    If anyones interested, I just made a thread in Personal Logs;

Warning: may contain rambly and self-indulgent bullshit;

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...816#post232816
                                                                                    excellent work sir

I just have one question and that is 'why are you practicing your oral sex technique on your phone?'

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                      Seeing as petrol is approaching the €1.50 mark, anybody think these will take off in the next 3-5 years?

http://www.nissan.ie/NissanLeaf/Niss...issanLeaf.aspx
                                                                                      "a range of 160km"

making it useless for long trips, wouldn't buy one with this limitation

Comment

excellent work sir

I just have one question and that is 'why are you practicing your oral sex technique on your phone?'
                                                                                        Eh, I can't really get a decent pic unless I hold it there. I swear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                          Just so ye know in a parallel universe we are not in crises. the conscious part of you in this one is probably bored, broke and wants to count to 1 million however the infinite versions of you out there are having varying difficult and easy times. In one, you are perfectly living out all you talents to the max and in another your little spermy mush never made it to the egg as yore da insulted yore ma and he wasted you in a tissue watching my old lad and Raquel Welsh getting it on on the goggle box. In this hologram of Universes all your nightmares and dreams are occurring simultaneously. In one particular universe, this post makes complete sense. Anyway, I'm never watching Horizon again life was so much simpler yesterday.

Comment

I had 15 minutes of my life untimely ripped today. "The sound is broken on my computer I want a refund !!!!!"

"No sir, you just muted the volume on youtube, click the speaker button. Thank you and have a nice day." I retorted, once I finally got them to calm down and show me what was wrong with the lack of audio. There is no hope for Ireland obv.

Only sitting down at 14.40 for lunch I should have had @ 1pm. 5 mins to eat a sandwich, lovely.

Best thing of all though is the fact that this is the only problem I can complain about presently. Must be running good in life at the moment so.

Comment

oh, we're still in crisis all right....

the monkeys have found other things to make noise about though
                                                                                              On you're Villa, is £1700 for the two weeks. I think you should splash ze cash.

Ocean Villas offer Holiday Villa rentals on the Algarve coast, all private villas with pools plus hotels and apartments in all resorts of the Algarve.

Comment

"a range of 160km"

20min 80% battery quick charge from charge points, have a coffee while you wait. the spec looks quiet nice, the IT side of it also looks sweet.

Any idea of running costs?
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

"a range of 160km"

I would rarely do anything close to that in the car but still blow 20-40 a week on petrol just getting from A - B.

How often would you do that sort of trip?

Comment

20min 80% battery quick charge from charge points, have a coffee while you wait. the spec looks quiet nice, the IT side of it also looks sweet.
                                                                                                    lol, this is Ireland. We don't even have service stations on the motorways let alone charging points!

Comment

Ok, I can understand the 40 euro charge if you are too dumb to print the boarding card before you travel, what irks me is the 6 euro online check in charge, wtf is that all about ? I know its low cost, i know you dont have to supply ground staff for me because i checked in online...why charge me 6 euro for that ? I printed the damn piece of paper, entered my passport info etc, they should be giving a discount for that shit, not charging extra !
                                                                                                      There is cost behind this, charge for people directing you to plane and checking boarding passes at the gate and stuff as far as i know this is where the 6euro charge come's from!

Comment

I would rarely do anything close to that in the car but still blow 20-40 a week on petrol just getting from A - B.

How often would you do that sort of trip?
                                                                                                        couple of times a month I'd say, up to Belfast or over to Galway

Comment

I love the droolers using Ryanair badly and driving down ticket prices. If everyone wised up, they'd have to raise them!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                            A little bit late, but here is my Christmas mix, a 2 hour collection of some of my favourite songs from 2010. You can listen/download it here: http://soundcloud.com/hectorjelly/daragh-thomas-2010

Tracklisting on the site, but its mostly deep house/techno.

Enjoy!

One of my favourite tracks from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1Ri...ayer_embedded#
                                                                                                            I'll have a look at that after work. Are you still streaming your sets online?

HJ I haven't seen you post here recently in ages. I think someone mentioned you might be going back rat race career wise on here. Are you still potting away and doing work for cardplayer? If it's a personal question just ignore it.

Comment

lol, this is Ireland. We don't even have service stations on the motorways let alone charging points!

Comment

On you're Villa, is £1700 for the two weeks. I think you should splash ze cash.

http://www.oceanvillas.co.uk/nandes.htm
                                                                                                                I like it but apparently I should be looking for somewhere in a country club sort of place as there will be more facilities for the kids. So I'm ordered told anyway

this sort of gaff imo

Comment

There is cost behind this, charge for people directing you to plane and checking boarding passes at the gate and stuff as far as i know this is where the 6euro charge come's from!
                                                                                                                  Include it in the ticket price then, the girl on the checkout in tesco doesnt charge me 2 euro to scan the items.

I have no issues with ryanair in general, it can be very cost effective, but its all the add ons that bug me.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

From a thread on 2+2, would you do 10 years in prison for 100million?

Comment

I like it but apparently I should be looking for somewhere in a country club sort of place as there will be more facilities for the kids. So I'm ordered told anyway

this sort of gaff imo
                                                                                                                      Right, well I'm currently in negotiations with the owner over a better price so will report back anyway(yes slow day in work)

Comment

played one game, a freeroll, of poker so far this month.

really missing playing.
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

looking at that, there's one charge point between Dublin and Mrs Duke's hometown, at Kinnegad. Unfortunately, Kinnegad - there - Kinnegad is well over 160km.

Just as an example.

Although I'm sure they have plans to roll out a lot more charge points anyway. I wonder are these chargepoints make\model interchangeable? i.e. can I recharge any kind of electric vehicle at them?

it's definitely the way of the future, personally I'd be looking for (a) more range and (b) bigger cars. But that's just me, I'm sure it would suit some people very well.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X