This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    kinda wonder what kind of place sam is working in that involves black slaves and nazi propaganda.
    FF head office, doing some research on how to paint FG come election time?

Comment

OK, got my new laptop today. I presume I should leave it plugged in until fully charged before turning it on? I hate having to wait to play with new toys.

Comment

turn it on you big girl's blouse.

www.ninite.com first time you connect to internet btw

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          My fuking water still isn't fixed, 8 days now. Who is the local TD for Chapelizod? Council aren't answering their phones in Phibsborough who are apparently responsible for fixing it.

Landlord being a prick again?
          He has a place in the IFSC that he let the lads have when it flooded last year
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            OK, got my new laptop today. I presume I should leave it plugged in until fully charged before turning it on? I hate having to wait to play with new toys.
            doesnt really apply anymore with the new batteries.
            It was to give a battery a 'memory' of being fulled charged.
            A bit spurious the science in that one
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Detective Robert Robertson is unquestionably one of the greatest characters in tv history.

Up there with the likes of Dirty Den, Derek Trotter, Basil Fawlty and Harold Bishop
              Last edited by Wesley Harms; 17-01-11, 18:12.

Comment

aww lads will someone out there PLEASE help me with my download speed!!

PLEASE PLEASE i rang UPC again and they said im def getting up near the 20mb and it is most def a problem on my pc, i did that tcp optimizer yoke but it made no difference!

its taking around an hour to download a film FML

I ran a scan, did disk cleanup bla bla no change!!
                HELP

UPC told me ring there 1550 number iv no credit!!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/search?...%2C+dublin+-20
                  Landlord being a prick again?
                  He has a place in the IFSC that he let the lads have when it flooded last year
                  Nah not much he can do about it, we haven't even rang him. Something burst down the bottom of the hill as there is loads of water coming up from the sewers and that part of the road is pretty flooded at the moment. DCC haven't done a thing about it.

I met him the other day seems alright, surprised how young he looked/was. He sent an architect around the gaf the other day so will probably move in after the lease or sooner who knows.
                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                    Detective Robert Robertson is unquestionably one of the greatest characters in tv history.

Up there with the likes of Dirty Den, Derek Trotter, Basil Faulty and Harold Bishop
                    Fawlty you n00b.
                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Is it giving the same download speed if you plug it directly into the router Michelle? If you haven't tried it, then you should imo.

Comment

Sweet looking laptop fire it up imo
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Mods, when you were over at the other gaf, was it ok to ban someone because they were retarded and wouldn't stop posting?

For anyone who knows anything about rugby, this dude's last 40/50 posts have been comedy gold for the most part.

Completely delusional!

Comment

try deleting previous system restore points.
                            They take up a fuckload of space
                            just got 100gb out of disk cleanup, that's a bit ridic!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post

PLEASE PLEASE i rang UPC again and they said im def getting up near the 20mb and it is most def a problem on my pc, i did that tcp optimizer yoke but it made no difference!

HELP

You are probably using Hotfile? Their speeds arent terribly reliable at the best of times.

Are you using wireless or wired? Try speeds on both.

This should give you an accurate gauge of your speeds as the Heanet FTP is pretty solid.

Download this http://ftp.heanet.ie/debian-cd/5.0.7...me-desktop.iso should be able to get it in under 10 minutes on your connection.

Comment

Is it giving the same download speed if you plug it directly into the router Michelle? If you haven't tried it, then you should imo.
                                YEp and its even slower

Im so pissed off, i had so many plans !!!

there has to be some expert here on IPB that can ring me and talk me through something.
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  You are probably using Hotfile? Their speeds arent terribly reliable at the best of times.

Are you using wireless or wired? Try speeds on both.

This should give you an accurate gauge of your speeds as the Heanet FTP is pretty solid.

Download this http://ftp.heanet.ie/debian-cd/5.0.7...me-desktop.iso should be able to get it in under 10 minutes on your connection.
                                  I am using premium hotfile but i also just tried youtube just to get an idea that was really slow too!

ill give the link a try! thanks

ps can i have your new laptop lol
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

YEp and its even slower

Im so pissed off, i had so many plans !!!

there has to be some expert here on IPB that can ring me and talk me through something.
                                    As Danny says, download something that isn't from hotfile, although if your speedtest speed is still crap, not likely to change it.

Comment

Just a blatant brag post:-

Got a call today offering me a new job starting tomorrow!

1st job in about 3 years!

SHIP! SHIP! SHIP!

Comment

Not a funny subject matter at all, but with the players name it's hard not to snigger a bit.

Dundee United footballer David Goodwillie is charged with raping a woman at a new year house party in West Lothian.

Comment

i have done 3 speed tests wft!!!
                                          Attached Files
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

HELP

did you try the speedtest on daughters netbook?
                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                              Not a funny subject matter at all, but with the players name it's hard not to snigger a bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12209157
                                              Bad willie imo

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                did you try the speedtest on daughters netbook?
                                                ya that came up at around 10 on speedtest.net!

so i actually do think its this laptop!
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Mornin'

Comment

i have done 3 speed tests wft!!!
                                                    The other two seem ok speedtest one looks off, there is an option to forum copy the link so it looks like this.

Comment

I need help too!

A program called "Security Shield" has popped up telling me I have 34 viruses on the laptop and I can't get into anything besides google chrome. Its $79 to buy lifetime protection from them?

Are they legit? and should I enter credit card details on it to buy the protection?

edit: i googled it and its a hoax so I need to remove it now.
                                                      Last edited by bantee; 17-01-11, 18:50.

Comment

jesus no. Its a scam.
                                                        Last edited by Zuroph; 17-01-11, 18:53.
                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

The other two seem ok speedtest one looks off, there is an option to forum copy the link so it looks like this.

So what do you ya reckon is up!!!
                                                          any idea?
                                                          That link you gave me took 7 mins to download!!!

wouldnt open anyway.
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                            I need help too!

A program called "Security Shield" has popped up telling me I have 34 viruses on the laptop and I can't get into anything besides google chrome. Its $79 to buy lifetime protection from them?

Are they legit? and should I enter credit card details on it to buy the protection?

level?

Comment

HELP

An hour to download a film? My heart bleeds. It takes me about 2 days

Comment

i need help too!

A program called "security shield" has popped up telling me i have 34 viruses on the laptop and i can't get into anything besides google chrome. Its $79 to buy lifetime protection from them?

Are they legit? And should i enter credit card details on it to buy the protection?
                                                                no no no no no
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I need help too!

Wow. Joking right?

Comment

I am using premium hotfile but i also just tried youtube just to get an idea that was really slow too!

ill give the link a try! thanks

ps can i have your new laptop lol
                                                                    how old is the laptop/pc?
                                                                    try boot it into safe mode
                                                                    (press and hole f8 when booting)
                                                                    with networking and see if there is a performance improvement when connecting
                                                                    It's possible that flash/java plugins are strangling the machine, especially if you have a lot of stuff preloading with windows.

Comment

I need help too!

Dodgy as fuck man.

So what do you ya reckon is up!!!
                                                                      any idea?
                                                                      That link you gave me took 7 mins to download!!!

wouldnt open anyway.
                                                                      Well if you downloaded that in 7 minutes then your connection seems to be grand, your screengrabs are small so cant see everything but it looks like on the other 2 and not the speedtest one you were getting 15 out of your 20meg down which is good.

Speedtest is ok to go to but I wouldnt rely on it totally, the thing I gave you your not meant to open you can delete it now it was only a test to gague the speed plus I wouldnt be relying on Hotfile as an indicator as well as their speeds fluctuate something crazy.

Try the UPC speedtest and put up a screengrab from it.

What machine are you using for this? Laptop/Desktop/Netbook?

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                        Fawlty you n00b.

who was complaining the other day about the standard of spelling on this site...........you dope Richie

Comment

how old is the laptop/pc?
                                                                          try boot it into safe mode
                                                                          (press and hole f8 when booting)
                                                                          with networking and see if there is a performance improvement when connecting
                                                                          It's possible that flash/java plugins are strangling the machine, especially if you have a lot of stuff preloading with windows.
                                                                          laptop is about 18months old. running on vista, i already tried safe mode earlier made no difference!
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I need help too!

Follow the instructions here and you will be back to normal in under an hour (if your computer is reasonable spec).

My Security Shield is a rogue anti-spyware program from the same family as Virus Doctor. This infection is promoted through web sites that show advertisements that pretend to be online anti-malware scanners. These scanners will then pretend to scan your computer, and when finished, will state that your computer is infected and that you need to download and install My Security Shield to protect yourself. The truth is that these online scanners are all fake and are only an advertisement. They have no way of knowing what is running on your computer.

Comment

wtf, nike now making rugby jerseys for football sides

Comment

Dodgy as fuck man.

Well if you downloaded that in 7 minutes then your connection seems to be grand, your screengrabs are small so cant see everything but it looks like on the other 2 and not the speedtest one you were getting 15 out of your 20meg down which is good.

Speedtest is ok to go to but I wouldnt rely on it totally, the thing I gave you your not meant to open you can delete it now it was only a test to gague the speed plus I wouldnt be relying on Hotfile as an indicator as well as their speeds fluctuate something crazy.

Try the UPC speedtest and put up a screengrab from it.

What machine are you using for this? Laptop/Desktop/Netbook?
                                                                                upc comes in at 19mb dunno how to do a screen grab???
                                                                                im using a laptop,
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

from next year on their making all nfl jerseys too
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

That looks pretty OK to me

Comment

upc comes in at 19mb dunno how to do a screen grab???
                                                                                      im using a laptop,
                                                                                      Well then you are pretty much good to go if your getting 19 out of 20, printscreen or whatever you wanna call it.

You seem to be stressing over nothing just sit back with a glass or wine and relax for 5 minutes.

There is a few things that can effect your speed, how old the laptop is if you are using the correct setting for your wireless a/b/g/n networks stuff like that if you feel your not getting what you want always plug it straight into the router that way you can get a better idea of what speeds you are getting.

UPC customer service is terrible so come here first

Comment

Well then you are pretty much good to go if your getting 19 out of 20, printscreen or whatever you wanna call it.

You seem to be stressing over nothing just sit back with a glass or wine and relax for 5 minutes.

There is a few things that can effect your speed, how old the laptop is if you are using the correct setting for your wireless a/b/g/n networks stuff like that if you feel your not getting what you want always plug it straight into the router that way you can get a better idea of what speeds you are getting.

UPC customer service is terrible so come here first
                                                                                        laptop = 18months
                                                                                        plugged into router=worse
                                                                                        settings re wireless network stuffs=help needed there!
                                                                                        wine=im off it midweek!
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Finally the water is back and I can flush the freaking weekend of Guinness away.

Comment

laptop = 18months
                                                                                            plugged into router=worse
                                                                                            settings re wireless network stuffs=help needed there!
                                                                                            wine=im off it midweek!
                                                                                            Strange it runs worse when plugged into rouer, just get your make and model and google some of the settings or you can get somebody here to help if your stuck.

Oh and buy a Macbook

Comment

Strange it runs worse when plugged into rouer, just get your make and model and google some of the settings or you can get somebody here to help if your stuck.

Oh and buy a Macbook
                                                                                              Hmm thanks for the help!

when I take down the clane game next weekend , plan is to buy the mac book
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Guess who said this,

"Some might argue that Rooney looked out-of-sorts at White Hart Lane, but the reality is that he gave the kind of performance you would not get from 95 per cent of foreign players."

Comment

Guess who said this,
                                                                                                  Andy Gray
                                                                                                  Jamie Redknapp
                                                                                                  Harry Redknapp

would be the order of my guesses.

Comment

Andy Gray
                                                                                                    Jamie Redknapp
                                                                                                    Harry Redknapp

Dunphy

Comment

Andy Gray
                                                                                                      Jamie Redknapp
                                                                                                      Harry Redknapp

Nope

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                      Dunphy
                                                                                                      Nope, 1st clue. He is not English.

Comment

Happy Dude Doppelgänger on University Challenge.
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Happy Dude Doppelgänger on University Challenge.
                                                                                                          Lol,no wai.

Donnelly is it?
                                                                                                          Last edited by Icarus152; 17-01-11, 20:06.
                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Guess who said this,
                                                                                                            Fergie??

Comment

An hour to dl a movie is not a problem - it takes two hours to watch one so just download the next one when you are watching the first one.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                Lol,no wai.
                                                                                                                Correct.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 17-01-11, 20:11.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Guess who said this,
                                                                                                                  Dwight Yorke?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                    Follow the instructions here and you will be back to normal in under an hour (if your computer is reasonable spec).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...ecurity-shield
                                                                                                                    Thanks, appreciate it. I've had the laptop years and this is the first sign of any virus on it. Hadn't heard of security shield before but wasn't going to put in credit card details without looking it up first.

Comment

Guess who said this,
                                                                                                                      Mr Hansen

Comment

Donnelly is it? On UC

Comment

Nope, final clue. Ex Liverpool legend I think? 3 European medals with them somehow, probably some fluke.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X