This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Jobs taking medical leave.

Why does my dog thing every fucking knock at the door is for him ?

Comment

Downing's been probably Villa's only decent performer this year IMO.

It's not like Liverpool are blessed with (or even have any) wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        what sort of a dog is it?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Steve Jobs taking medical leave.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          head gasket imo

Comment

very placid despite, one eye, 3 legs, half ear bitten off, broken hip,

His name is Lucky

Comment

Jesus Christ why do I have so much 'stuff' and why is it so difficult to part with it (varying reasons depending on which stuff).
              And so much sh1t to sort out I've been putting off.

I wish there were a 'Restore factory settings' on life.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                Jesus Christ why do I have so much 'stuff' and why is it so difficult to part with it (varying reasons depending on which stuff).

you need a life coach imo

allow me to offer my services

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                  Should be quite short, given that if Leinster or Ulster win the Heineken cup, or Munster win the Amlin, or (stand to be corrected on this) there is a permutation involving an Irish team winning Magner's League and a Magnet's League team winning in Europe that puts them in it.

3/1 is fair I guess
                  I think Munster will miss getting a place in Amlin Cup as well.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We could fix Icarus if there was, or maybe he was made that way

Comment

There is , its called not giving a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post

FF member Damo ?

Comment

you need a life coach imo

allow me to offer my services
                          How much?
                          Maybe I should be a life coach. I could definitely do a good job at helping other people sort themselves out rather than myself.
                          I could be your life coach and you could be mine.

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                          He's too far gone tbh. He'd be the exception that proved the rule.

I do though. I don't like having so much stuff and clutter and shit on my mind, even if I know a lot of it I should just forget and commit to forgetting about.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1soDJzDfL4[/ame]

Comment

How much?
                              Maybe I should be a life coach. I could definitely do a good job at helping other people sort themselves out rather than myself.
                              I could be your life coach and you could be mine.
                              I was thinking that you could be my first client and I could use you as a reference, so I'll do this one for nothing. I need a career change anyway.

So list out your major issues with life and I'll solve them. Be honest.

Comment

FF member Damo ?
                                I dont vote for any cunts in this country . You have to earn my vote and none of them cunts have ever done anything for me , so fukk'em all i say.

Comment

I was thinking that you could be my first client and I could use you as a reference, so I'll do this one for nothing. I need a career change anyway.

So list out your major issues with life and I'll solve them. Be honest.
                                  Blacks
                                  Yellows
                                  Whites
                                  Gays
                                  Hetros
                                  Don't get me started on the bisexuals.
                                  RTE/An Post.

I dunno, maybe this is a bit... public?

Comment

today is widely consideredas Blue Monday.

who am I to argue.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1IsJEOVfnw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1IsJEOVfnw[/ame]

Comment

I do though. I don't like having so much stuff and clutter and shit on my mind, even if I know a lot of it I should just forget and commit to forgetting about.
                                      Examples?

Comment

without a doubt, I've a ton of old scraps of paper, leaflets from places I've been to. Computer components, fucking 100's of of books, clothes I'll never wear again all clogging up the apt.
                                        I can never bear to part with them in case I need them again.
                                        Thinking of setting up a stall/advert for the books. However, parting with them is proving problematic. I cant decide what I wont read again.
                                        Truth be told, I read my stephen king collection every year.
                                        Ryhmes/Parker/Cross novels are handy for brain fodder on the bus
                                        reference is great jacks reading
                                        Classics I suppose is an ego thing, but I like having them
                                        bah...I dunno

That discount store on westmoreland street is a curse as well.
                                        Cant pass it without buying a book.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Blacks
                                          Yellows
                                          Whites
                                          Gays
                                          Hetros
                                          Don't get me started on the bisexuals.
                                          RTE/An Post.

I dunno, maybe this is a bit... public?
                                          these aren't problems

I think you're uncommonly well adjusted

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            I think Munster will miss getting a place in Amlin Cup as well.
                                            Just need to finish 2nd in their group?

Need to beat LI in Thomond Park to do so. LI have won one game in last 10 (2 days ago though vs Ospreys so worth considering).

Failing that, a losing BP while holding LI to less than 4 tries and Toulon beating Ospreys away would still put them through (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              without a doubt, I've a ton of old scraps of paper, leaflets from places I've been to. Computer components, fucking 100's of of books, clothes I'll never wear again all clogging up the apt.
                                              I can never bear to part with them in case I need them again.
                                              Thinking of setting up a stall/advert for the books. However, parting with them is proving problematic. I cant decide what I wont read again.
                                              Truth be told, I read my stephen king collection every year.
                                              Ryhmes/Parker/Cross novels are handy for brain fodder on the bus
                                              reference is great jacks reading
                                              Classics I suppose is an ego thing, but I like having them
                                              bah...I dunno

That discount store on westmoreland street is a curse as well.
                                              Cant pass it without buying a book.
                                              This type of stuff, ignoring the cluttered mind for the moment.

I'm not even technical but I've got bunches of cables (and manuals) and I just feel perhaps I'll use them at some point. TBH, I've decided of late that I probably won't but because they have some value I don't want to just chuck them, I'd rather sell them even for a small amount of money. But it's not about the money or being a tight cunt, maybe it just feels better than binning stuff I know works and has a use.

I've been meaning to setup a few more adverts, but they often come to nothing anyhow.
                                              Thankfully I don't have a problem with books as I don't have many, most of my reading consists of the bbv.

Comment

Interesting site.

Cape kalah terus? Mau main slot online yang seru dan menang terus? Anda di situs yang cocok! Main judi slot online dengan bocoran slot kami yang pasti terpercaya!

Comment

Happy Dude, Western civilisation is built on the premise of 'cheap stuff that's getting cheaper'. You can throw it away. Get with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    Examples?
                                                    Ah just all sorts of stuff.
                                                    Reset/setup wireless network as I can't access it (have tried all suggestions from the bbv), have been procrastinating on that one for years as I haven't really needed it but may do soon).
                                                    Transferring a cassette tape onto mp3 for someone, bought a cable from dealextreme at least a year ago but haven't done it yet.
                                                    Sort through files as I have so much sh1t that I probably don't need to hold onto, bank statements, credit card statements, all sorts of bullshit,
                                                    Clean up my computer, clean up apartment properly.
                                                    A bunch of other shit like the above.
                                                    *Do something productive rather than pissing about online day after day.*

Happy Dude, Western civilisation is built on the premise of 'cheap stuff that's getting cheaper'. You can throw it away. Get with the program.
                                                    Yea you're right.
                                                    I even have a few bags of random coins, some from countries that probably no longer exist, some from ones that do but I'll never visit. It'd be a poor idea to visit them just because I have coins to the value of €1.12 of their local currency, etc.

Do I throw these out?

I probably sound quite miserly but I don't think that's what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                      Interesting site.

www.abandonedireland.com
                                                      Yea, saw that the other day. Think I'd be into that.
                                                      Who wants to go on a jaunt?

I have two flashlights.

Comment

I dont vote for any cunts in this country . You have to earn my vote and none of them cunts have ever done anything for me , so fukk'em all i say.
                                                        what about the road?
                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjl8OIZijjY[/ame]

this is what you deserve!
                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-23L4NMKjM[/ame]

*better add wan of these I suppose...
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 17-01-11, 16:10. Reason: *for fear of retribution... :)

Comment

Some good links etc. on decluttering your life:

Declutter by Staging a Mock Buy-Back

Originally posted by The One In Two Out Rule
                                                          whenever you bring in an item, you have to throw away two other items. First you cheat, by throwing out two pieces of paper, but soon you will have to move to big stuff.
                                                          Declutter your home room by room in 30 minutes

De-clutter your home with a detailed inventory

Finally, this one is about making better use of your time:

Reclaim Your Time: 20 Great Ways to Find More Free Time
                                                          Last edited by Keane; 17-01-11, 16:07.

Comment

This type of stuff, ignoring the cluttered mind for the moment.

I'm not even technical but I've got bunches of cables (and manuals) and I just feel perhaps I'll use them at some point. TBH, I've decided of late that I probably won't but because they have some value I don't want to just chuck them, I'd rather sell them even for a small amount of money. But it's not about the money or being a tight cunt, maybe it just feels better than binning stuff I know works and has a use.

I've been meaning to setup a few more adverts, but they often come to nothing anyhow.
                                                            Thankfully I don't have a problem with books as I don't have many, most of my reading consists of the bbv.
                                                            You'll be amazed how much household junk you can dump for free at your local recycling centre.Electrical Items,paper,cardboard,clothes,paint,kitchen and motor oils etc

The bulky shit you can just bag and get rid of it for around €4 per sack.Go to the main "Bring Centre",often what used to be the local landfill.A couple of car loads make a huge difference.
                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Yea, saw that the other day. Think I'd be into that.
                                                              Who wants to go on a jaunt?

I have two flashlights.
                                                              Great idea to visit a few of them, likelihood of it happening fairly slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                I am special.
                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I have two flashlights.
                                                                  Question is will you be able to find them under all the other crap?
                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I remember while I was in the process of moving I stored a lot of my stuff in my parents attic and just moved in with the essentials. Then I realised how little of the stuff I really wanted/needed and left it there and it wasn't as if the stuff was junk or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                      You'll be amazed how much household junk you can dump for free at your local recycling centre.Electrical Items,paper,cardboard,clothes,paint,kitchen and motor oils etc

The bulky shit you can just bag and get rid of it for around €4 per sack.Go to the main "Bring Centre",often what used to be the local landfill.A couple of car loads make a huge difference.
                                                                      I live in an apartment complex with shared bins.
                                                                      You'd be amazed how much sh1t I can dump for free there.

In fact, perhaps I should start offering to let people dump sh1t for 3e a bag.

Thanks, some good tips in there.
                                                                      The good thing is that I really don't buy much stuff at all.
                                                                      Beyond food and consumables, I've bought f-all in years tbh.

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                      Question is will you be able to find them under all the other crap?
                                                                      lol, yes easily. Place isn't in squalor. I'm not like them off the telly or anything of the sort.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      I remember while I was in the process of moving I stored a lot of my stuff in my parents attic and just moved in with the essentials. Then I realised how little of the stuff I really wanted/needed and left it there and it wasn't as if the stuff was junk or anything.
                                                                      Yea I think that is largely what I am missing.
                                                                      I know plenty of people that still have a room/space at their parents..

Makes it so much easier if you want to piss off to a different country for a few months/years too.
                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 17-01-11, 16:23.

Comment

Just got asked to do this quiz by a guy in work:

SPOILER

I'll need help from our resident experts in NFL, Rugby Union, GAA, Horse Racing, Golf, Soccer, Cycling, and Athletics.

Step up folks

EDIT: Crap, how do I resize that?

Comment

I'm starting a big job in my gaff.

Every Sat I am going to take a room or part of a room and get rid of all the shit I haven't used in 6 months (except xmas decorations obv).

Started last Sat and went through my wardrobe. Ok you have to consider summer stuff, but if I didn't wear it last year it went. Charity shop is a great place for clothes as you feel like you are doing some good. Fuck all the spare socks and old jocks down the bottom of the bag so they won't be seen when you hand in the bag

Under the stairs is next up and i'll be lining everything up in the hall and getting herself to go through it. Have to be strict here and tell her if she wants to keep it she'll have to find another place for it.

Then there are four parts to the attic (different sections) so that will take four weeks.

Should all be full again by xmas but wtf.

Comment

@Keane

If Ruby is fit (on target to be back mid/late Feb) he will be top jockey at Chelt
                                                                            I would guess 5-7 irish winners, Chelt again
                                                                            Prob around 12-15 finisher in Grand National

Comment

Lol, you just reminded me to ask bbvs advice on something.

I have an 3 year old Toshiba laptop that rarely gets used, it's working ok if little slow.
                                                                              I want to restore factory settings, but have no idea how. I just keep getting brought to a restore point from Oct last year.

Can anyone guide me please? I presume i'll have to go hunting for the disc that came with it to load the basic stuff back on if i'm successful in clearing it?
                                                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                Every Sat I am going to take a room or part of a room and get rid of all the shit I haven't used in 6 months (except xmas decorations obv).
                                                                                You know it's only January yeah?
                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

AFC will win superbowl.

Andy Schlek in the tour de france. Was unlucky to be beaten last year and contador has drug issues and a weaker team this year.

Comment

Careca celebrates Christmas in July and that's how he likes it.

Comment

@ Zuroph, some clarification on my earlier Connacht thoughts

So, as it stands, If Leinster win the Heineken Cup, OR if Munster win the Amlin Challenge Cup, Connacht will be in the Heineken Cup next season.

This wil also be the case if neither Leinster or Munster win either competition, but BOTH competitions are won by ANY OTHER Magners League teams, then Connacht will qualify also.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uef17zOCDb8&feature=aso[/ame]

LOL, id rather wear the glasses

Comment

Bent for 18mill is not the answer to our problems imo.
                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                            @Keane

If Ruby is fit (on target to be back mid/late Feb) he will be top jockey at Chelt
                                                                                            I would guess 5-7 irish winners, Chelt again
                                                                                            Prob around 12-15 finisher in Grand National
                                                                                            TY - question 18 is a horsey one as well I think:

How many winners will Dermot Weld have at the Galway festival?

Comment

RDIII: I put your property advice the gf. It was met a sad face, followed by eventual grudging acceptance, followed by 'who is this guy anyway!?'

Comment

Played in the Home game. Got crushed.

My short handed game/cash is piss poor.

Comment

yip, knew that, hence the looking for odds on it.
                                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Bit ridiculous maybe but could anyone (obv only if very bored!) have a scout around for some anti-jewish images of propaganda during Nazi regime(cartoons or whatever) and stick them up on here. Stuck in a school that has everything blocked and have no interent access where I am staying. Fair dues if anyone sticks something up.

Comment

CHD are you trolling the Rugby forum under the SN Liammur?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                        RDIII: I put your property advice the gf. It was met a sad face, followed by eventual grudging acceptance, followed by 'who is this guy anyway!?'
                                                                                                        Lol, I'm forever telling people about "this guy on the internet - he knows his shit"

Comment

Ran spacemonger and it came across two unscannable folders making up 56gbs.

c:system volume information
                                                                                                          c:windows\system32\logfiles\Wmi\Rtbackup

anyway I can reduce this?

Comment

A little bit late, but here is my Christmas mix, a 2 hour collection of some of my favourite songs from 2010. You can listen/download it here: http://soundcloud.com/hectorjelly/daragh-thomas-2010

Tracklisting on the site, but its mostly deep house/techno.

Enjoy!

One of my favourite tracks from it:

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                              what about the road?
                                                                                                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjl8OIZijjY[/ame]

Solskjaer on the right?

Comment

TY - question 18 is a horsey one as well I think:

How many winners will Dermot Weld have at the Galway festival?
                                                                                                                I would go for 8-10. Cant remember what his record is (about 13?) but he always has a shitload.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                  Bit ridiculous maybe but could anyone (obv only if very bored!) have a scout around for some anti-jewish images of propaganda during Nazi regime(cartoons or whatever) and stick them up on here. Stuck in a school that has everything blocked and have no interent access where I am staying. Fair dues if anyone sticks something up.

The long arm of the Ministry of Education pulls a Jewish teacher from his classroom."

This cartoon was published five months after Hitler took power. The title is “Revenge.” The Nazi who shoves the Jew over the cliff says: “Go where you wanted me to go, you evil spirit.”

This is the cover to the most infamous issue of Der Stürmer, the 1934 issue accusing Jews of practicing ritual murder to secure the blood of Christians to use in Jewish religious rituals. The headline reads: Jewish Murder Plan against Gentile Humanity Revealed. The issue actually got banned by the Nazis after it had been out for a while, not because of anti-Semitic content, but because it compared alleged Jewish ritual murder with the Christian sacrament of communion. A full English translation of the issue was published in the United States in 1976 by a group in the “Christian Identity” tradition.

Title: Jewish Slaves

Caption: They are enslaved and ruined by the Jews.
                                                                                                                  Their joy and very soul is taken from them.
                                                                                                                  They long for Germany, where work enobles,
                                                                                                                  Where everyone recognizes its worth.

Title: Vermin

Caption: Life is not worth living
                                                                                                                  When one does not resist the parasite,
                                                                                                                  Never satisfied as it creeps about.
                                                                                                                  We must and will win

Hope the above helps Sam. Let me know if you want anything more specific
                                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Ran spacemonger and it came across two unscannable folders making up 56gbs.

c:system volume information
                                                                                                                    c:windows\system32\logfiles\Wmi\Rtbackup

anyway I can reduce this?
                                                                                                                    try deleting previous system restore points.
                                                                                                                    They take up a fuckload of space
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My fuking water still isn't fixed, 8 days now. Who is the local TD for Chapelizod? Council aren't answering their phones in Phibsborough who are apparently responsible for fixing it.
                                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Can anyone help as to why the above didnt show the images??

When i previewed the post they were all there
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

kinda wonder what kind of place sam is working in that involves black slaves and nazi propaganda.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X