This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Sometimes, Only in from work. The heart is skipping beats and the left arm is numb so bed is on the cards.

Best in Europe last season. You are better than this.

You are a retard.

This year yeah, first choice on form. We might nick it. Maybe not now Carvalho is gone. I dunno.

Anyway I was just asking a question. Lets agree to disagree.
    Wasn't the question about who's the best right back in the EPL this year?

I haven't looked at the thread so don't know. If the question is anything to do with best defenders in the EPL this year then nominating Chelsea players is clearly foolish.

Comment

That isn't the question.

The answer is Ivanovic.

It is plainly very easy.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          Hope RDIII is ok watching that press conference. Keep imagining his head exploding.
          with laughter
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Boardwalk Empire took down best TV and Steve Buscemi, won best actor at the globes last night. Hopefully the second season comes soon, although I am enjoying this Community Games.
            Last edited by RasTa; 17-01-11, 10:35. Reason: Not sure why I quoted stunt
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
              Boardwalk Empire took down best TV and Steve Buscemi, won best actor at the globes last night. Hopefully the second season comes soon, although I am enjoying this Community Games.
              the only TV show I have ever downloaded

really enjoyed it, deserved win imo. Liking this trend for quality non-contemporary drama on TV (Mad Men, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire etc).

Comment

I really hate hunting for a double up before a quit a session, but alas on I hunt.

While I'm stil here, has anyone read "Confederacy of Dunces", just checked it out there

Comment

Nice to see the Government recognising the reality of the situation we are in

Department of Social Protection figures show 1,723 Irish nationals were refused welfare payments because they did not satisfy “habitual residency rules” in 2008 and 2009, compared to 853 in the previous two-year period.
                  At present, Ireland has one of the highest rates of unemployment in all 25 EU states. By voluntarily remaining in this State, you are, therefore deemed to have placed yourself in a position where you will not be able to provide for your own independent financial support
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Need a £5 quid book to qualify for my Amazon free delivery, what shall I get?

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/JT-Captain-Leader-Ollie-Derbyshire/dp/1844549143/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295262057&sr=1-1[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d.html/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/276-8979367-2584836?a=1905102941[/ame]

That's annoying, won't link from phone.

" make your own sex toys " is the book
                        Last edited by Emmet; 17-01-11, 11:05.

Comment

lol a tenner? I'd rather read this [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Danny-Dyer-Real-Martin-Howden/dp/1843581809/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295262204&sr=1-2[/ame]

Comment

£10 book is £5.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Doesnt-Begin-Pounds-Now/dp/141693538X/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295262225&sr=1-4[/ame]

Comment

I'd kill myself after 5 pages as I would read it in his voice and go crazy.

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Confederacy-Dunces-Pocket-Penguin-Classics/dp/0141023465/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295262593&sr=1-3[/ame]

Get this, read it post haste, and let me know if its good

Comment

I'd kill myself after 5 pages as I would read it in his voice and go crazy.
                                  this firm is a bit tasty, lads, better be tooled up.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

also, got the double up

AA on button (heads up), effective stacks 150BBs
                                    raise
                                    Villain 3bets
                                    I 4bet
                                    Villain overbet shoves,
                                    I snap

TT doesn't spike, ty ty ty

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Confederacy-...5262593&sr=1-3

Get this, read it post haste, and let me know if its good
                                      Ordered, but you will be waiting awhile for a review.

Comment

Rasta, is that best rb thread on boards a collective level by United fans or do United fans actually believe Rafael is the best rb in the league?
                                        for the love of all that's holy I really hope it's a level
                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                          TY

Comment

Where did the perception that Sagna has deteriorated come from? He's still an immense performer for Arsenal week in, week out. Yeah he plays alongside three numptys (relative to Arsenal's ambitions) each week, but that isn't his fault.

He remains the best RB in the premiership by a decent margin.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Tackling percentage stats though!
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                Where did the perception that Sagna has deteriorated come from? He's still an immense performer for Arsenal week in, week out. Yeah he plays alongside three numptys (relative to Arsenal's ambitions) each week, but that isn't his fault.

He remains the best RB in the premiership by a decent margin.
                                                Ah come on now, sure I exaggerate a little as a Chelsea fan but no way he is a decent bit better than Ivanovic. He didn't deteriorate he was just simply amazing 2 years ago, hard to keep that up.

Meh to it, point is Rafael is a kid with potential, will fulfill it, then get fat and bad by 27 and head to Corinthians.

Comment

Ah come on now, sure I exaggerate a little as a Chelsea fan but no way he is a decent bit better than Ivanovic. He didn't deteriorate he was just simply amazing 2 years ago, hard to keep that up.

Meh to it, point is Rafael is a kid with potential, will fulfill it, then get fat and bad by 27 and head to Corinthians.
                                                  Ivanovic isn't playing right back every week though! Yeah, maybe 'decent margin' is OTT, I still believe he is the best however.

The second sentence above is though

Comment

My son based in UK, ordered online a clothing Xmas present for his g/f from an American company. Parcel delivered to my house by Fed Ex & signed for by me.

Month later a bill from Fed Ex for approximately €24.70 9original value of clothing gift was £80stg). Fed Ex say this is in lieu of VAT.

Whats the story, does he have to pay, what if he doesn't ???

Comment

Good stuff, well deserved but that Treme doesn't even get a nomination is a joke
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                        My son based in UK, ordered online a clothing Xmas present for his g/f from an American company. Parcel delivered to my house by Fed Ex & signed for by me.

Month later a bill from Fed Ex for approximately €24.70 9original value of clothing gift was £80stg). Fed Ex say this is in lieu of VAT.

Doubt it, looks like Fed Ex pays the custom fees for some reason.

Comment

Pretty poor selection of RB's at the moment in the prem, Ivanovic, Zab and Sagna all solid, none of them doing anything particularly special to stand out from the crowd although Ivanovic those defy gravity in the amount of hang-time he gets in the air. I like my all energy adventurous full backs and Rafael is still rough around the edges but seems to be progressing nicely. You can be sure Fergie will be working hard on his temperment. Jerome Boateng is another with massive potential.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Good stuff, well deserved but that Treme doesn't even get a nomination is a joke
                                                            I didn't think it deserved one to be honest. Unless they have a best score for TV shows.

Although Glee is a load of balls.

Comment

You can't beat a good dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                Just watched my first ever 2 episodes of JerseyShore. Is it just about a couple of guys trying to score with as many chicks as possible? Entertaining!
                                                                Its the trashiest trash going but so so awesome!
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

When got an NFL jersey from the states last year I had to pay the VAT when it arrived by courier, pretty sure they wouldn't give it to me if I didn't pay it. No idea what happens if don't pay once yoy have received the goods tho

Comment

Doubt it, looks like Fed Ex pays the custom fees for some reason.

Think they pay it on your behalf and then bill you for it.
                                                                    Who did the bill come from? I got one years ago for a package and it was a collection agency. It included a 10e collection fee (+vat, so 12.10).
                                                                    I paid everything bar the collection fee+vat because I thought it was bullshit, they farm it out to a debt collection company and charge you for the privilege as their first attempt, they don't give you any option to pay it at source (or even any notification as to what you will have to pay).

It's beyond retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                                      Think they pay it on your behalf and then bill you for it.
                                                                      Who did the bill come from? I got one years ago for a package and it was a collection agency. It included a 10e collection fee (+vat, so 12.10).
                                                                      I paid everything bar the collection fee+vat because I thought it was bullshit, they farm it out to a debt collection company and charge you for the privilege as their first attempt, they don't give you any option to pay it at source (or even any notification as to what you will have to pay).

It's beyond retarded.
                                                                      The bill is from Fed Ex who say they have paid the Irish Customs on your behalf. They also state they would not know prior to you receiving the parcel that the amount was owing. Not a great system imo but wondering do they pass it on to a debt collection company & does it then affect my sons future credit rating. (The item was originally paid for on my laser card {didn't know that at the time} & he refunded me in cash).

It just strikes me as a strange way of doing business & imo the goods should not be delivered unless paid in full at the time

Comment

I got trainers last year from the states and got a bill from Customs the week after for around the same amount. Had to pay it as well and was told there would be collection services if it wasn't paid by such a date.

Comment

@michelle

Are you using the laptops wirelessly? If you are too far from your wireless access point this can adversly affect speed.

It will eventually be passed to a debt collection agency.
                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

The bill is from Fed Ex who say they have paid the Irish Customs on your behalf. They also state they would not know prior to you receiving the parcel that the amount was owing. Not a great system imo but wondering do they pass it on to a debt collection company & does it then affect my sons future credit rating. (The item was originally paid for on my laser card {didn't know that at the time} & he refunded me in cash).

It just strikes me as a strange way of doing business & imo the goods should not be delivered unless paid in full at the time
                                                                            Actually yes, it comes from Fed-Ex originally and then they start with a debt collection agency.
                                                                            The Fed-Ex invoice had a 10e+vat collection charge which I objected to. I emailed them and they never wrote back, which is why I started getting the debt collection agency (can't recall their name, don't think they were contactable either).

I didn't have a problem paying the customers and excise element, just being charged for the privilege.
                                                                            Yes it is a retarded system.

I believe the reason they charge an admin fee is because some people don't pay.
                                                                            So they expected me to pay an admin fee because some people don't pay at all.
                                                                            errrrrrrm.
                                                                            no.

I no longer live at that address though, so whether they are still following me up or not , I have no idea. :-/

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM9mbgswhcw[/ame]

Comment

I think they do it tit way because you don't always get stung for it.

You pay the supplier for goods plus delivery when you order, if customs hit it for vat FedEx pay so as not delay it, then look for it from you. But if it passes customs then you get it vat free

prob best to pay it now as it'll only escalate if debt collectors get involved. If the delirious address was temp I'd say ignore it, but its prob your home address

Comment

You pay the supplier for goods plus delivery when you order, if customs hit it for vat FedEx pay so as not delay it, then look for it from you. But if it passes customs then you get it vat free
                                                                                  Fedex act as an agent for Customs. They look at and pay/charge the declaration on each package. If the amount is properly declared then you will be charged the appropriate duties and VAT if an item is shipped via Fedex.
                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

If it does affect credit rating then it will affect yours and not your sons since it was bought on your laser card.

Comment

There are three of us currently playing on a private IPB cash table on Stars if anyone is interested - see the Stars Home Games thread if you've no idea what I'm on about! I haven't played short-handed NLH cash in years so am basically giving my money away

Comment

bumping request for odds on connacht reaching heineken cup next season?
                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I really hate hunting for a double up before a quit a session, but alas on I hunt.

While I'm stil here, has anyone read "Confederacy of Dunces", just checked it out there
                                                                                          I've read Confederacy of Dunces a few times - great book. Ignatius Reilly is a genius character!

Comment

This whole Darren Bent transfer story is a level right?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                              This whole Darren Bent transfer story is a level right?
                                                                                              @skysportsrobp: Sunderland striker Darren Bent has handed in a transfer request amid reports that Aston Villa have made an £18million bid for the England international. Stay with us for more on this major breaking news.

Breaking on SSN = Level

maybe

Comment

Can't see any reason bar financial why he'd try push this move through. Makes sense for Villa though, say what you want about Bent but he'll score goals and he'll score alot of them and that may keep Villa up. Sunderland are putting all their faith in Gyan I guess.
                                                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Just crazy. I mean Villa is a downgrade from Sunderland so they must be offering major wages.

I can't decide whether the people going on about the price being crazy are correct or not, I mean Bent scores goals. He doesn't do alot else, but he scores goals better than anyone else in the Premiership who is not Drogba, Rooney or Tevez. So i suppose if he scores 10 at Villa that will be enough to keep them up and they instantly recoup the transfer fee.

Just amazing that a team in the bottom three can have the money to splash out on a £18m striker. Jesus.

Comment

My fucking neighbour knocked on my door at 2.30am this morning, can you believe that 2.30am?

Luckily for him I was still up playing my drums............

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                      bumping request for odds on connacht reaching heineken cup next season?
                                                                                                      Should be quite short, given that if Leinster or Ulster win the Heineken cup, or Munster win the Amlin, or (stand to be corrected on this) there is a permutation involving an Irish team winning Magner's League and a Magnet's League team winning in Europe that puts them in it.

3/1 is fair I guess

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                        Just crazy. I mean Villa is a downgrade from Sunderland so they must be offering major wages.

I can't decide whether the people going on about the price being crazy are correct or not, I mean Bent scores goals. He doesn't do alot else, but he scores goals better than anyone else in the Premiership who is not Drogba, Rooney or Tevez. So i suppose if he scores 10 at Villa that will be enough to keep them up and they instantly recoup the transfer fee.

Just amazing that a team in the bottom three can have the money to splash out on a £18m striker. Jesus.
                                                                                                        both clubs refusing to comment so hard to know if there's any substance to it.

Sunderland will know that if they lose Henderson & Bent it leaves them very short, although Quinn was talking in December about falling attendances and a need to balance the books so maybe they're in financial difficulty. If they could get £18m and hold onto Welbeck for another season it might not be the worst deal in the world, leaves them awful light though.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Iago; 17-01-11, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                          There are three of us currently playing on a private IPB cash table on Stars if anyone is interested - see the Stars Home Games thread if you've no idea what I'm on about! I haven't played short-handed NLH cash in years so am basically giving my money away
                                                                                                          This the one ian set up or Laoishammer?

Limits?

Comment

both clubs refusing to comment so hard to know if there's any substance to it.

Sunderland will know that if they lose Henderson & Bent it leaves them very short, although Quinn was talking in December about falling attendances and a need to balance the books so maybe they're in financial difficulty. If they could get £18m and hold onto Welbeck for another season it might not be the worst deal in the world, leaves them awful light though.
                                                                                                            agreed.
                                                                                                            I also dont think Bent would be great at Villa.
                                                                                                            He enjoyed being the star at Sunderland before Gyan came along and Agbonlahoris the maque name at Villa already
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cant see Villa spending 18million on a player unless someone is leaving. Most likely Young is off.

Comment

At least we'll be able to do flips without that Polish cnut buddy listing us a few weeks ago.
                                                                                                                "I flip with you, me like flips" (but I'll wait til I've KKxx, AAxx).

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                  This the one ian set up or Laoishammer?

Limits?
                                                                                                                  Laois Hammer set this one up.

There are 3 cash tables:
                                                                                                                  -25nl 9max
                                                                                                                  -50nl 9max
                                                                                                                  -25plo 6max

Sitting at 25nl atm if anyone wants to jump for the craic.

Comment

The 2 new PJ Harvey tracks on the guardian site are pretty good, link.

Comment

current FF insanity well summarised by Miriam Lord in the IT imo

Originally posted by I.T.
                                                                                                                      CRISIS MANAGEMENT. Confidence. Clarity.

It’s comforting to know Ireland has a steady hand at the helm and competence in the wheelhouse at this most difficult time.

Doubtless the IMF and EU boys are penning glowing reports back to base. That’s if they can steady their biros long enough between the laughter.

What must they be thinking? If it’s anything like the rest of the country, their thoughts are far too distressing to dwell upon.

The only shred of certainty to emerge yesterday from the people who purport to run this country is that the panto season isn’t over yet.

And that’s not funny anymore.

(Unless you happen to be a member of the Opposition. They’re riveted to the cheap seats, laughing like drains.) The Taoiseach has tabled a motion of confidence in himself. And he is unanimous with himself in that.

His Minister for Foreign Affairs has resigned.

And yet, he hasn’t.

Why? Because the man he has no confidence in asked him to stay, and when somebody you think isn’t up to the job asks you to do something, well, you jump to it.

Don’t try to figure it out.

Nothing makes sense.

Except the ship of State continues sailing into the maelstrom with passengers who are sick with worry while the crew members fight among themselves. It’s frightening......

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                        Cant see Villa spending 18million on a player unless someone is leaving. Most likely Young is off.
                                                                                                                        Downing to Liverpool, according to a villa fan on boards. Not sure if I'd be mad about that move tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          Downing to Liverpool, according to a villa fan on boards. Not sure if I'd be mad about that move tbh.
                                                                                                                          Please god no.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X