This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout them Bears? Nice start.

I think I'll root for Seattle though. Love a good underdog story.

Comment

Ha ha even Jose is wearing a snood

Comment

Playing a sat to tonights $200G
        currently on bubble

mid stacks playing to knock each other out while min stacks just watch
        clownaments!!!!

I'm folding everything (can only go wrong)

*Weeeeeeee!!!!!!

was mental fun to watch the loons play like it was a regular tourni
        Last edited by Guest; 16-01-11, 18:18. Reason: *inski

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
          How bout them Bears? Nice start.

I think I'll root for Seattle though. Love a good underdog story.
          I think the Bears are going to murder them here. Bears and Pats please sir

Comment

Big loss
            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

You have to hand it to Vidic. Thought Spurs were favourites for this game, looked the better team too. Ridiculous that this United side are unbeaten so far this season.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                how come all the whinging ABU's are not complaining about the ref today
                Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                in fairnes the moaning from the likes of you is deafening at times, and the silence the other way equally so. it's all selective so Dave has a point, I say fair nuff myself.

Vidic is immense today 2nd hald
                First off, the answer to his question is in his post. ABU's are unlikely to start giving out about refs the other way.

Secondly, I totally agree with you and kakak1 that it wasn't a yellow card. I was just making the point that, on balance, United get WAY more than their fair share of decisions. A point that was, unusually, actually made in commentary by Martin Tyler.

Thirdly, when refs don't give United a decision it tends to be just the one or two decisions. Vidic was hanging out of Van Der Vaart at one point and no sign of the ref intervening. These things happen in matches to be fair but it's just an example. However when refs get intimidated at United they seem (and I admit some bias on my part might skew my view here slightly) to get a huge amount of the decisions in their favour. They've worked hard to create an atmosphere around refs that allows this and fair play to them for succeeding. Doesn't mean it's right.

I have made precisely 1 comment about a ref in this thread AFAIK and that was about Howard Webb and it was more so referring to how bad a referee he is in general rather than how he refereed the United-Liverpool game. In fact the post specifically stated that no matter how you thought he reffed the game he was still a shocking referee.

So you must have some sensitive fucking ears if my one comment deafened you.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  You have to hand it to Vidic. Thought Spurs were favourites for this game, looked the better team too. Ridiculous that this United side are unbeaten so far this season.
                  I'm a United supporter but think this is the worst United team in quite some time

Comment

I'm a United supporter but think this is the worst United team in quite some time
                    Better than that Newton Heath team you went to see in your school days

Comment

@Lurker. Has a game ever been abandoned after kickoff due to excessive snow (not like the roof incident in Minnesota, just excessive snow during a game).

And whats the weather like in Foxboro tonight?

Also I've a vague memory of a game a few years ago where the wind was so strong that in order to take a field goal they tied a rope around the goal posts and had a 2 or 3 guys doing a tug of war to hold the posts steady. And the kicker basically aimed at a 90 degree to try to cope with the wind. Any idea what game it was?

Comment

Ahh, I love these lazy Saturdays
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                          First off, the answer to his question is in his post. ABU's are unlikely to start giving out about refs the other way.

Secondly, I totally agree with you and kakak1 that it wasn't a yellow card. I was just making the point that, on balance, United get WAY more than their fair share of decisions. A point that was, unusually, actually made in commentary by Martin Tyler.

Thirdly, when refs don't give United a decision it tends to be just the one or two decisions. Vidic was hanging out of Van Der Vaart at one point and no sign of the ref intervening. These things happen in matches to be fair but it's just an example. However when refs get intimidated at United they seem (and I admit some bias on my part might skew my view here slightly) to get a huge amount of the decisions in their favour. They've worked hard to create an atmosphere around refs that allows this and fair play to them for succeeding. Doesn't mean it's right.

I have made precisely 1 comment about a ref in this thread AFAIK and that was about Howard Webb and it was more so referring to how bad a referee he is in general rather than how he refereed the United-Liverpool game. In fact the post specifically stated that no matter how you thought he reffed the game he was still a shocking referee.

So you must have some sensitive fucking ears if my one comment deafened you.

you and your kind will be killed come the revolution, trying to reflavour your post, you know exactly what you meant, anyway I never said it wasn't yellow. So stop deafening me, you are a confirmed ABU and will be suitably punished. Glad I drew you out though

Comment

Not really. Utd are just very compatent organised really well. They may not be the team they were 3 years ago but they all know how to win. they also play for each other and work super hard. They could very well go unbeaten mainly because they are just better than the rest in the leauge. they are prob still the best counter attacking team in the world.

Comment

Wow prison seems just like Oz.

NSFW

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFH4h2EVMP4[/ame]

Comment

Lol at solskjaer calling anyone an ABU. You spend more time posting about Liverpool than you do your on team.

Comment

it's a very poor league at the top. The only diff to last year is vidic and Ferdy have remained fit. It's actually very competitive because of the lack of spending at the top.
                                  Still open, United due a hammering, a blunt Spurs were never doing it,

just get the 19th title in the bag then let the next big spenders have a go for a wee while.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                    Lol at solskjaer calling anyone an ABU. You spend more time posting about Liverpool than you do your on team.
                                    I know I'm an ABL

what's yer point ?

I never post about Pats

Comment

it's a very poor league at the top.
                                      Has been for a few seasons imo

As a Utd supporting mate of mine does say (so he does) and has been saying for the last few seasons

"Who will win the league by default this season"

I know I'm an ABL

what's yer point ?
                                      B+
                                      excellent work
                                      Last edited by Guest; 16-01-11, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                        they are prob still the best counter attacking team in the world.
                                        They weren't even the best counter attacking team playing at WHL today.

Comment

Biffo is a real life Jed Bartlet. This is how I imagine today went down.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaUPDYXQUtw[/ame]

Comment

They weren't even the best counter attacking team playing at WHL today.

0-0 so neither were Spurs. both teams were shiiite today,

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              @Lurker. Has a game ever been abandoned after kickoff due to excessive snow (not like the roof incident in Minnesota, just excessive snow during a game).
                                              I don't think so. It's just seen as part of the game. It'd more likely to be stopped beforehand due to poor travelling conditions for the fans. I think the only thing that can stop/delay a game is lightning. That happened to me in the Irish league a few years ago.

Clear and cold I believe.

Also I've a vague memory of a game a few years ago where the wind was so strong that in order to take a field goal they tied a rope around the goal posts and had a 2 or 3 guys doing a tug of war to hold the posts steady. And the kicker basically aimed at a 90 degree to try to cope with the wind. Any idea what game it was?
                                              No idea. I'm crap at remembering things like this though. Maybe one of the other NFL heads would know.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Biffo is a real life Jed Bartlet. This is how I imagine today went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaUPDYXQUtw
                                                lol GTFO and stop sullying the name of Jed. To compare that fantastic best ever ending to a season to todays farce is redic.

Comment

The Ice Bowl is the worst I heard about when over there. There is a story about two linemen sharing a room and they wake up game day morning and one asks the other how cold it is, he picks up his glass of water and throws it at the window and the water freezes on the inside. Also after the game all the players had to get into the showers in their gear because none of the pads could be taken off as they were frozen solid and stuck to the players.
                                                  Last edited by Trippie; 16-01-11, 19:16.

Comment

I run goooooood

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t1500)
                                                    MP2 (t3250)
                                                    CO (t1470)
                                                    Button (t4390)
                                                    SB (t1240)
                                                    BB (t1400)
                                                    UTG (t1750)
                                                    Hero (UTG+1) (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K, A
                                                    1 fold, Hero bets t70, 1 fold, MP2 calls t70, CO calls t70, Button calls t70, SB calls t60, 1 fold

Flop: (t370) K, 7, A (5 players)
                                                    SB bets t20, Hero raises to t180, MP2 raises to t340, 3 folds, Hero raises to t1430 (All-In), MP2 calls t1090

Turn: (t3250) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3250) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t3250

Results:
                                                    Hero had K, A (two pair, Aces and Kings).
                                                    MP2 had 10, A (full house, tens over Aces).
                                                    Outcome: MP2 won t3250
                                                    Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Any streams for NFL? Mine has died!
                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

How have Seattle got this far??? Lets just get onto the next game already

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                          Any streams for NFL? Mine has died!

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                            The Ice Bowl is the worst I heard about when over there. There is a story about two linemen sharing a room and they make up game day morning and one asks the other how cold it is, he picks up his glass of water and throws it at the window and the water freezes on the inside. Also after the game all the players had to get into the showers in their gear because none of the pads could be taken off as they were frozen solid and stuck to the players.
                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcgFRrn6cM[/ame]

Comment

4 5 1 at home to your struggling rivals who this season have especially struggled to score goals and are without their main threat anyway, very non responsive with subs and seemingly content to draw a match they should be looking to win having dominated until the goal.

Can't help but feel two weeks ago the manager would have been ripped apart for that performance, collapse and lack of any response of any kind from the bench. Guess it's easier to take when it's done on your OWN FUCKING TERMS though
                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Cheers but that's the one I was on..not working for me. Must be my side the error is on.
                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Cheers but that's the one I was on..not working for me. Must be my side the error is on.
                                                                  Bookmark this link and take your pick:

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                    4 5 1 at home to your struggling rivals who this season have especially struggled to score goals and are without their main threat anyway, very non responsive with subs and seemingly content to draw a match they should be looking to win having dominated until the goal.

Can't help but feel two weeks ago the manager would have been ripped apart for that performance, collapse and lack of any response of any kind from the bench. Guess it's easier to take when it's done on your OWN FUCKING TERMS though
                                                                    Don't think lloyd will ever live that comment down lol. Not that he should be able to anyway..

Comment

Micháel Martin press conference at 7.30. Surely he has to announce he's resigning and challenging Cowen

Comment

Isn't it ironic that Lloyd, once the voice of reason and a well respected poster has been demoted to a figure of amusement to everyone because of his tunnel vision when it comes to all things scouse.

Lol UnLuckyLloyd

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                          Isn't it ironic that Lloyd, once the self proclaimed voice of reason and a well respected poster has been demoted to a figure of amusement to everyone because of his tunnel vision when it comes to all things scouse.

Lol UnLuckyLloyd
                                                                          Fyp
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                            Micháel Martin press conference at 7.30. Surely he has to announce he's resigning and challenging Cowen
                                                                            He just said FF needs a new leader before the election.

Comment

Omfg one of real or barca actually drops points in La Liga, and against the bottom club too
                                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                He just said FF needs a new leader before the election.
                                                                                FF would wanna fuck off with their sunday evening press conferences that amount to nothing. Thats the 3rd or 4th one now? Are they trying to score overtime for the journos?
                                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                  FF would wanna fuck off with their sunday evening press conferences that amount to nothing. Thats the 3rd or 4th one now? Are they trying to score overtime for the journos?
                                                                                  Nah its not nothing, he could have just said nowt, but coming out publicaly to say he's voting against Cowen means the battlelines are drawn now.

Comment

Omfg one of real or barca actually drops points in La Liga, and against the bottom club too
                                                                                    Quality finish. Ronaldo very unlucky with the free-kick.

Comment

Nah its not nothing, he could have just said nowt, but coming out publicaly to say he's voting against Cowen means the battlelines are drawn now.
                                                                                      MM has resigned as well

Comment

whoopdeedoo. a shitty fake power struggle for a party thats about to collapse anyway. Hardly worth talking about.
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

whoopdeedoo. a shitty fake power struggle for a party thats about to collapse anyway. Hardly worth talking about.
                                                                                          agreed, but sure its a diversion, and they are still the Govt (unfortunately). Plus its fun watching them implode

Comment

give derek o rourke (the guy in a tux not a suit ) a vote please. asked to post this by a mate, he's within 10 votes with the comp ending at midnight.

ta
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

http://www.tom-murphy.ie/suitfactor/

give derek o rourke (the guy in a tux not a suit ) a vote please. asked to post this by a mate, he's within 10 votes with the comp ending at midnight.

ta
                                                                                              As well as getting 2500 euro of free clothing from www.tom-murphy.ie that person will be crowned Irelands best Dressed Man in a Suit
                                                                                              fuck me that's a great prize

Comment

i know, its laughable that they stuck that line in, but the swag aint bad. few free suits and a tux.
                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

agreed, but sure its a diversion, and they are still the Govt (unfortunately). Plus its fun watching them implode
                                                                                                  Can they not keep the imploding to nine to five monday to friday? this "look, we're working on a Sunday evening" skit ain't fooling anybody.
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

http://www.tom-murphy.ie/suitfactor/

ta
                                                                                                    Done

Back to FF crap. Cowen refused Martin's resignation. Great how we have to find out all this via the BBC, as yet again RTE miss a load of stuff on account of it being the weekend

Comment

Whats actually going on with Cowen, what could be going on behind the scenes to make him hold on like this? pension, wages, forcing something through before he goes?
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Done

Back to FF crap. Cowen refused Martin's resignation. Great how we have to find out all this via the BBC, as yet again RTE miss a load of stuff on account of it being the weekend
                                                                                                        BBC have a 24 hour news channel, RTE don't.

Comment

If you're recording the First NFL game don't bother watching it before Pats - Jets.
                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Whats actually going on with Cowen, what could be going on behind the scenes to make him hold on like this? pension, wages, forcing something through before he goes?
                                                                                                            He obv got enough people to say they wouldnt vote against him in his ring around over the past few days and is calling this confidence vote knowing he'll win. I think he's actually delusional to think that if he manages to hang on he can keep it going and get a better than expected showing in the GE which will be enough for him to stay on.

Comment

I'd say it's more to do with a reluctance on the side of the possible successors than Cowen sticking it out. It's too late to change now, and it'll probably be better for the next leader not to be tainted by the next election. Then there's the awkward situation of him staying on as Taoiseach while not being leader.

Comment

If you're recording the First NFL game don't bother watching it before Pats - Jets.
                                                                                                                Cheers, I flicked on in the run up to half time to see if it was worth recording the second half, and saw it was a rout so didn't bother.

Comment

website stream even?

Comment

Politics is the biggest example of a circle jerk there is.

Its interesting to look at, in the same way as something like Jersey Shore is, i.e Car Crash TV. However, its terrifying to think that those people have so much power and influence over the important shit that goes on around you in your daily life.

The sooner we have a military coup, and they make the decision of appointing "heads of their field" to positions of authority, the better imo.

Comment

Of course Hodgson would have been ripped for it. Why would we rip Kenny after 3 games? Hodgson never got abuse after his first 3 games either.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                        Of course Hodgson would have been ripped for it. Why would we rip Kenny after 3 games? Hodgson never got abuse after his first 3 games either.
                                                                                                                        Yeah but Woy won his first 3 games.

Comment

lol at pic of cowen on rte.ie Reminds me of something

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X