X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Better than yesterday's at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
      Yeah, you're right of course. I think Hawkeye's job is just to say whether the ball was across a line/ between two posts. Certainly wouldn't have helped with the Meath situation last year.

Seems a bit ott alright.
      Maybe they could give hawkeye technology to Bubbleking so it could prevent meath situations in the BBV?

Although, would rolling up to the Jackpot at 3am blootered with hawkeye technology strapped to your noggin aid or hinder your chances of getting into a game?
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The chips have crossed the line!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          You left out the part where the female body produces some hormone to aid in the gentle seperating of the pelvis from the hip bones....this could have happened in my head, not too sure....oh, its nothing like TV Hitch...NOTHING !!

edit...look up episiotomy...lol, glad i aint a chick (sometimes...)
          I've had several people telling me a tear is better than a cut.
          Dara O'Briain had a funny skit about that in his latest dvd(download)
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            I see that, it's a long trip though

will play it safe and stick to the Canaries or somewhere similar. Any recommendations? will probably be going around the end of Feb and will really need the holiday by then
            San Sebastian or failing that the Algarve ticks all the boxes.
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
              San Sebastian or failing that the Algarve ticks all the boxes.
              would it not be a bit cold though? SS certainly would be.

don't really want to leave the freezing shores of Ireland and go somewhere else that's chilly. I have a 2 y/o and a 4 y/o who'll want to spend all day in the pool or the sea. So ideally low-mid 20s is what I want.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

some interesting reading....
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Season 2 kicks off on January 21st

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSHknxy3Vc[/ame]
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

would it not be a bit cold though? SS certainly would be.

don't really want to leave the freezing shores of Ireland and go somewhere else that's chilly. I have a 2 y/o and a 4 y/o who'll want to spend all day in the pool or the sea. So ideally low-mid 20s is what I want.
                    SS probably but it's 17 atm in Algarve so going by that logic it should be 20+ in Feb!

I'd bring them to Thailand personally.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Season 2 kicks off on January 21st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSHknxy3Vc
                      Yeah i heard the guy who plays s#Spartucus is really ill so they did a prequal kinda thing for a season. Looks epic enjoyed the first series.

Comment

just posted a new alphabet sheep thread in the community games forum if anyone is interested (sorry, can't post link as posting through a proxy).

Comment

I see that, it's a long trip though

will play it safe and stick to the Canaries or somewhere similar. Any recommendations? will probably be going around the end of Feb and will really need the holiday by then

Agadir Morrocco flights direct from Dublin and low 20's in Feb/March? Was in Marrakech a few years ago around the same time and its was great. 2 flights though via Gatwick

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            just posted a new alphabet sheep thread in the community games forum if anyone is interested (sorry, can't post link as posting through a proxy).

Comment

We get pretty good weather in Feb all down the Costa del Sol. Dublin fly direct to Malaga every morning, and you have plenty of choice in accom/ resorts.

Morrocco is a safe bet for a bit of sun too, some nice resorts in Marrakech and Tangiers
                              sigpic

Comment

SS probably but it's 17 atm in Algarve so going by that logic it should be 20+ in Feb!
                                I'd bring them to Thailand personally.
                                the other passengers would probably have killed us long before we arrived

Comment

Originally posted by tonc76 View Post
                                  Agadir Morrocco flights direct from Dublin and low 20's in Feb/March? Was in Marrakech a few years ago around the same time and its was great. 2 flights though via Gatwick
                                  northern africa and southern europe can be hit and miss in feb march. it's usually low 20s but can quite easily be a good bit higher or lower. With small kids, and the crazy weather we're having this year, i personally would play it safe and head to the canaries.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                    Yeah i heard the guy who plays s#Spartucus is really ill so they did a prequal kinda thing for a season. Looks epic enjoyed the first series.
                                    Yeah he got diagnosed with cancer so they pushed it back he got the all clear for Season 2 but then it came back so they had to scrap plans for it and then came up with this one. He makes a cameo in this thou.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and will be back to it soon

Comment

I'm looking for a second-hand Xbox360 - I've had a look on adverts and donedeal but haven't seen a ton of bargains.

Are there any other websites I ought to be trying as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        I'm looking for a second-hand Xbox360 - I've had a look on adverts and donedeal but haven't seen a ton of bargains.

Are there any other websites I ought to be trying as well?
                                        What type of 360 and how much you looking to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          northern africa and southern europe can be hit and miss in feb march. it's usually low 20s but can quite easily be a good bit higher or lower. With small kids, and the crazy weather we're having this year, i personally would play it safe and head to the canaries.

This is true, we go from 20 degrees and sunny one day to mild and raining the next.

Definitely a bit of a risk, but there's nowhere I can think of in February within a short flight of Ireland thats guaranteed sun...
                                          sigpic

Comment

What type of 360 and how much you looking to spend?
                                            I'd like one with a decent sized HD as I'd like to use it as a media center as well.

I want to play online so I won't be hacking it so I don't think the model matters very much?

A friend of mine got one for €130 a couple of weeks ago so I was thinking somewhere > €150

Comment

Doing a tour taking in Lebanon, Syria and Jordan in March for three weeks.

Anyone been to Beirut, Damascus, Aleppo, Petra or Amman and want to offer some must sees for me?

Tks

Comment

the other passengers would probably have killed us long before we arrived

I had a rough time going to Thailand because there was a young couple with 2 infants across the aisle. It was probably worse than most cases and I wouldn't begrudge a young family going on a holiday even after it. This makes me realise that i'm a great person.

I seen another family had the kids in their pj's (a onesie?) for the whole trip which seemed like a great ideas to keep them less cranky.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                  At the risk of doing a Carl Morrissey in the irony stakes Happy Dude, but going to have to point out the obvious that no regs would ever put CHD in the corner. He may be fcked up, but he's our fcked up*

* my God, sounding like a father already

I'm not that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post

Anyone been to Beirut, Damascus, Aleppo, Petra or Amman and want to offer some must sees for me?
                                                    no but I have tipped off the CIA that you're an Al Quaeda operative

€1m reward, tyvm

Comment

I'd like one with a decent sized HD as I'd like to use it as a media center as well.

I want to play online so I won't be hacking it so I don't think the model matters very much?

A friend of mine got one for €130 a couple of weeks ago so I was thinking somewhere > €150
                                                      You'd get this for €130 if you show up tonight http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/x-box-eli...ed-gift/348749

Comment

You'd get this for €130 if you show up tonight http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/x-box-eli...ed-gift/348749
                                                        I'm in Limerick unfortunately...

Comment

RDIII

There is nowhere nicer than Muscat at this time of the year, you could come and join me here next month... you may have needed to had a lot more on England for the Ashes though
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            RDIII

There is nowhere nicer than Muscat at this time of the year, you could come and join me here next month... you may have needed to had a lot more on England for the Ashes though
                                                            Wow that place looks like the sickness

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              RDIII

oh, man

I've actually stayed in their places in Jo'Burg, both at the airport and in Sandton, but they don't look a patch on that

Comment

my cats attack my feet in the morning to wake me up, usually 1 minute after I've pressed snooze.

This morning one of them got a decent scratch in and it is still sore now. Gonna cut the feckers claws tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                  my cats attack my feet in the morning to wake me up, usually 1 minute after I've pressed snooze.

This morning one of them got a decent scratch in and it is still sore now. Gonna cut the feckers claws tonight.

Protective socks
                                                                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post

Tks
                                                                    Go to Amman regularly enough, its a nice city very safe and relaxed.
                                                                    Kempenski is my favourite hotel. Shemansani the area its in is the best area for hanging out in the evenings.

A Day trip to Petra is mandatory absolutely amazing place you will need a full day there. Don't hire any camels or horses along the way but do take a Donkey for the last part of the visit to the Monastary. You can take a bus (about a two hour trip) from any of the hotels just make sure you are leaving early and returning after dark.
                                                                    Another great day out is to take a car in the same direction but through the hills instead of the desert road and visit Madaba, Wadi Mujib, Karak and back via a Dead sea resort hotel.
                                                                    There are lots of other interesting places to visit in Jordan but those two are musts IMO.
                                                                    Haven't been to either of the others yet but the Souk in Damascus is supposed to be well worth a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPolly View Post
                                                                      Nice first post

Comment

Anyone want to go to NYC with me and murder David Letterman? He has to be the most annoying, detestable man on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152
                                                                          Don't think I'd make a good troll but I gave it a shot.

Abra Kebabra!
                                                                          Enjoying it so far, I said I'd dive in to try and take some of the heat off you as well

Comment

actually sp, the room rates are surprisingly low-ish. About £200 per night.

You'd get nothing for that money in London atm

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152
                                                                              Don't think I'd make a good troll but I gave it a shot.

Abra Kebabra!
                                                                              Ah now, I know he sort of encouraged you in a tongue in cheek way, but not cool to troll and post here about it, especially if others join in.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPolly View Post
                                                                                I trhink the cat would have these torn apart in about 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Ah now, I know he sort of encouraged you in a tongue in cheek way, but not cool to troll and post here about it, especially if others join in.
                                                                                  Yeah I feel like I shouldn't have hopped on now.

@zuroph: you better ban me for appearances sake

Comment

You probably should have told them about the magical martingale system which can turn a small amount of money it to a large one.

Comment

lol. the offer was for sligboi to up his postcount. you on the other hand are getting the banhammer.
                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                        You probably should have told them about the magical martingale system which can turn a small amount of money it to a large one.
                                                                                        I don't believe in that shit - the mods are sabotaging my reputation.

The only betting system I have is copying people in the BBV.

Comment

Quit it you numpties,you'll get us all sacked
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Is it yours?

I'm in Limerick unfortunately...
                                                                                            I could get it and hold it for you if you're going to be in Dublin soon?
                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Some more info about the upcoming Elder Scrolls game for anybody interested:

Im about 1/10 of the way through Oblivion - it just takes up so much time

Comment

Some of you might be into this.

WikiRebels - The Documentary "Exclusive rough-cut of first in-depth documentary on WikiLeaks and the people behind it! From summer 2010 until now, Swedish Television has been following the secretive media network WikiLeaks and its enigmatic Editor-in-Chief Julian Assange. Reporters Jesper Huor and Bosse Lindquist have traveled to key countries where WikiLeaks operates, interviewing top members, such as Assange, new Spokesperson Kristinn Hrafnsson, as well as people like Daniel Domscheit-Berg who now is starting his own version - Openleaks.org! Where is the secretive organization heading? Stronger than ever, or broken by the US? Who is Assange: champion of freedom, spy or rapist? What are his objectives? What are the consequences for the internet?""

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTfOL9_HBE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRF3gYxz1XQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TRb40Km6A[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8imkYy_hJ4E[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                  Im about 1/10 of the way through Oblivion - it just takes up so much time
                                                                                                  who are you telling.

160+ hours in

- Still haven't fully levelled up
                                                                                                  - Only closed two oblivion gates
                                                                                                  - Only completed one faction levelling
                                                                                                  - Gone through about 50% of the ayleid ruins/castles etc

still loving the game though! Very addictive

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                    Is it yours?

I could get it and hold it for you if you're going to be in Dublin soon?
                                                                                                    I'm going away next week so I'd have to get it off you this weekend and it doesn't really suit.

Thanks a lot for the offer though, very good of you.

I'm sure one will turn up, even if I end up buying a new one it won't be the end of the world.

Comment

In the last month Ive bought Civ 4 and Oblivion, burned myself out of Civ 4 in a week and a ridic amount of play. An hour into Oblivion but thinking I should delete it.

Comment

@PhilGalfond
                                                                                                        Someone just tried to transfer me $1 on FTP, but the transfer was declined.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

who are you telling.

160+ hours in

The biggest problem with Oblivion is how easily you can break it with invisibility.

Once I learned that spell it pretty much ruined it - I gave up doing anything other than running past the bad guys to the bottom of a dungeon and grabbing the quest item. Got pretty boring because of it...

Comment

Wow that place looks like the sickness
                                                                                                            actually sp, the room rates are surprisingly low-ish. About £200 per night.

You'd get nothing for that money in London atm
                                                                                                            Yea its decent value and an absolutely awesome hotel. I think there may be a new resort opened just up the road, I stayed there for a week a few years ago and I'm still afraid to show my Wife the pictures of the place, hopefully I'll get to bring her there someday soon. We usually stay in the Sheraton which is the only ugly building in Muscat.
                                                                                                            The whole country is a place I would highly recommend for a holiday and a taste of what real Arab Culture is like. As a family trip it might be wasted on very small kids, much better for when they can appreciate the place a bit better IMO (i.e when they can pay their own way there )

Comment

Banned from the magic forum *sigh*

Comment

who are you telling.

160+ hours in

yup Im 20 hours in have joined all the guilds

pain in the hole getting vampirism as it takes a good 5-6 hours of a side quest to get rid of it but it helped me finish the Arena faction side quest which unlocked some petty cool stuff.

Also save regularly - I got booted from the mages guild and it saved automatically before I could restart (another 2-3 hours spent trying to get back in)

Yeah I know Im a nerd but i balance all of this out with some COD

Comment

Ok, next time someone posts a link here to them trolling somewhere on boards there will be a ban handed out. I see several here have posted over there in that magic thread for some reason and that's what I want to prevent. I know it's a bit of craic, but it isn't something I like to see as I'd like to think we had moved past that.

Comment

The biggest problem with Oblivion is how easily you can break it with invisibility.

Once I learned that spell it pretty much ruined it - I gave up doing anything other than running past the bad guys to the bottom of a dungeon and grabbing the quest item. Got pretty boring because of it...
                                                                                                                    You're right, and my answer is simple; don't use invisibility......

I'm still partial to sneaking up behind someone and loping off their head, but I don't use invisibility at all. I tend to favour the whole "through the front door and fight my way past whoever happens to be there" approach.

I also spend far too much time breaking into houses/bars/castles and stealing everything I can get my hands on. That might be something for Hotspur though

Comment

Yes Dom but VWP RoryC

Originally posted by RoryC on Icky's trolling the magic forum game

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        Ok, next time someone posts a link here to them trolling somewhere on boards there will be a ban handed out. I see several here have posted over there in that magic thread for some reason and that's what I want to prevent. I know it's a bit of craic, but it isn't something I like to see as I'd like to think we had moved past that.
                                                                                                                        its grand as I'm the only mod there, and did ask for it, but if it got reported higher up, could lead to trouble with admins again. anyway, banhammer has fallen!
                                                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                          yup Im 20 hours in have joined all the guilds

pain in the hole getting vampirism as it takes a good 5-6 hours of a side quest to get rid of it but it helped me finish the Arena faction side quest which unlocked some petty cool stuff.

Also save regularly - I got booted from the mages guild and it saved automatically before I could restart (another 2-3 hours spent trying to get back in)

Yeah I know Im a nerd but i balance all of this out with some COD
                                                                                                                          My mantra is "save often" of course I got myself distracted the other night and forgot to do so in one of the quests. So from being at the very end of a ruin quest with only one or two monsters left to deal with I found myself back outside at the very beginning again

It should never happen, but it does. Just switched off the console at that point for the sake of sanity!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X