This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Oh well, at least I've a job and a bigger net worth than most of the lego men
    exactly, your net worth starts with a + sign!

buying a house now in your situation would be the equivalent of getting off a lifeboat and into the Titanic
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
      Anybody have/played Assasins Creed Brotherhood? Got it as an Xmas gift and haven't opened it yet. Is it any use?
      Yeah I enjoyed it. It's much of the same as the second one, but engaging nonetheless. The online MP is pretty good as well.

Probably about 20/25 hours of gameplay in it if you go for 100% sync in all the missions.
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by big_iain View Post
        Is for the WEP ie, wireless or to access the router?
        wireless.

Mother got a new phone and tryed to access the internet there with wifi. Needed a code to access.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          It was in the old place, the worst ever thread in the history of the boards.ie poker forum
          http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623942
          Forget KevIrl launching daily raids on CountToAMillion, or Lloyd regularly starting 'stick it up your gash admins' threads in the mod forums. Forget all that, Bookclub is the real reason we had to leave.
          But was more than trumped by Icarus' incredibly bent Chess ladder load of bollocks.

What a fuckin load of nonsense that was

Comment

Originally posted by big_iain View Post
            Is for the WEP ie, wireless or to access the router?
            and if the router is set to WEP just post your creditcard details on your front door.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
              wireless.

Mother got a new phone and tryed to access the internet there with wifi. Needed a code to access.
              if you have a device connected to the router type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and then choose wireless in the drop down menu on the left, WEP key will be in there.

Comment

wireless.

Is the wireless connected to a computer

?

Comment

Do you have a computer connected directly to the eircom router? you can go onto the router homepage via 192.168.1.254 (more than likely) and go into the wireless page, and set your own password.

And turn the security onto WPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                    Friend of mine who is a relatively good poker player worked at the time for goldman sachs in NYC. They were on a team building trip, turned into a big poker event. Company put 500$ in for each player, large kitty . . .

He was heads up with his bosses boss, had trip Aces, boss shoved all in, now Tonys boss shook his head to fold - tony obliged. Came second . . . He told me this story about 3 years ago. Sickens me yet i admire him, still dont think i could do it.
                    nooooooooooooooooooo!

I hope his bonus that year was a decent multiple of the kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      nooooooooooooooooooo!

fuck that noise. shove all in then fist pump in his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                        if you have a device connected to the router type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and then choose wireless in the drop down menu on the left, WEP key will be in there.
                        Like on the pc. I typed it in there and got Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.1

Comment

Like on the pc. I typed it in there and got Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.1
                          eircom could be 192.168.1.254 then

oh and as above, change from WEP to WPA

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            Goldman bonuses tend not to be small

I'd fold for 500k, would still torture me though

Comment

exactly, your net worth starts with a + sign!

buying a house now in your situation would be the equivalent of getting off a lifeboat and into the Titanic
                              Ah right. I suppose its just a case of seeing the prices and going...'lol my mate bought a similar house for more than that 10 years ago....we've got enough for a 10% deposit and fittings......rent is dead money.....buy buy buy'.
                              Is the day of a decent 3-bed in Dublin for 200k going to come iyo?

Comment

open up a command prompt (cmd.exe)

type ipconfig

It will tell you your IP address and your default gateway.

type the default gateway address into your browser, that should bring you to the eircom config page.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                  But was more than trumped by Icarus' incredibly bent Chess ladder load of bollocks.

What a fuckin load of nonsense that was
                                  Chess ladder, lol. I'd forgotten about that.

Some good stuff out of you on the BDO thread yesterday - I particularly liked 'Apart from Phil taylor and Raymond Barneveld and Eric Bristow, Adams is the most decorated player in history. Probably a better player than anyone bar taylor on his day and im sure Taylor wouldnt fancy playing Wolfie either'.

And then later on telling mdwexford he was bringing down the tone of the forum

WP.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    Ah right. I suppose its just a case of seeing the prices and going...'lol my mate bought a similar house for more than that 10 years ago....we've got enough for a 10% deposit and fittings......rent is dead money.....buy buy buy'.
                                    Is the day of a decent 3-bed in Dublin for 200k going to come iyo?
                                    I own 'a decent 3 bed in Dublin'

perhaps we should meet

seriously though, congratulations on avoiding the biggest single financial mistake of your life. Every month you wait it out from here adds to that win. +EV all the way baby!

Comment

open up a command prompt (cmd.exe)

type ipconfig

It will tell you your IP address and your default gateway.

type the default gateway address into your browser, that should bring you to the eircom config page.
                                      Im on the eircom config page now. In the wireless section. Is is the pre shared key i use as the access code?

Comment

It's the principle. He'd still get a bonus, and the chance to fistpump in the guys face.

Comment

Im on the eircom config page now. In the wireless section. Is is the pre shared key i use as the access code?
                                          that's the one.

why am I giving this advice away for free?

Comment

Is the WEP Key not printed on the bottom of the eircom router?

Comment

perhaps we should meet

seriously though, congratulations on avoiding the biggest single financial mistake of your life. Every month you wait it out from here adds to that win. +EV all the way baby!
                                              I'll put it in those terms to gf!
                                              Shouldn't be too hard actually given her sis is a masterclass in tiger-madness and is now 200k in NE.

Comment

but growing healthy children are also bottomless pits

the main thing is to give them a reasonable diet (good luck trying to keep them sweet-free ) and make sure they get loads of exercise
                                                Myself and the other half were in Indie Spice in Swords for a meal at the weekend and there was a family across from us, i would say the kids were about 10 and 12 and both obese.
                                                Both the parents were even bigger and were happy shoveling vindaloo, korma, tandori whatever else they could find into their kids, polished off with buckets of Coke. I just found the whole thing like watching pigs eating from a trough, i don't blame the kids at all i blame the parents.

BTW lovely food in that place

Comment

Dessid on the iPhone (available from the cydia store) will give you the password.

A beast of an app! Only useful in Ireland/Eircom/technothick areas though

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                    Is the WEP Key not printed on the bottom of the eircom router?
                                                    it could be, but this is the oppertunity to turn off WEP and use something actually secure like WPA.

If any of you actually use WEP on your home wireless router please send me your address so I can sit outside it, break your crappy WEP encryption and empty your poker accounts.

Or spend €20 on me to come around and fix it for you.

Or just read the above instructions.

Comment

that's the one.

why am I giving this advice away for free?
                                                      Thanks for the help. working perfectly now.

Comment

it could be, but this is the oppertunity to turn off WEP and use something actually secure like WPA.

If any of you actually use WEP on your home wireless router please send me your address so I can sit outside it, break your crappy WEP encryption and empty your poker accounts.

Or spend €20 on me to come around and fix it for you.

Or just read the above instructions.
                                                        LOL

Yeah I know WEP is crap. Mine is set WPA.

Just I think the WEP key is printed on the router.

Comment

nooooooooooooooooooo!

It's the principle. He'd still get a bonus, and the chance to fistpump in the guys face.
                                                          He was only in the job under two years at the time. It probably would have been career suicide. Can you imagine the eerie silence as he wins??

The same boss who told him to fold, head hunted him for another company last year. At 26 with contacts to burn and on the up in the ladder in NYC i suppose we know what the correct decision was in that situation!

I still call though

(same guy has had dinner with dan rooney a few times, bet he's missing the life here)
                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

perhaps we should meet
                                                            Only 3? I always thought you had at least a 5 bed
                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

BTW outlaw pete, the Martingale proponent, is currently going all anti-vaccinations in AH.

Comment

just had my first sherbet fountain in bout 15 years. it was amazing.

Comment

UEFA unveil new financial rules

Clubs could be banned from European competition from the 2014/15 season onwards if they do not comply with new financial rules.

The rules state clubs must break even over a three-year period.

Club owners will be allowed to put in up to €15million a year but only as equity, not a loan. This figure will then drop to €10million annually.

Clubs will be able to spend as much as they want on stadiums, training facilities and youth football.

UEFA will have a range of sanctions from warnings to a transfer ban to exclusion from European tournaments.

Across Europe, total club income in 2009 rose 4.8% to €11.7billion, but expenditure was a 9.3% increase to €12.9billion, making a €1.2billion deficit.

Most of the expenditure goes on player wages and one in three European clubs spent 70% or more of their income on salaries.

56% of European clubs ended 2009 in the red.

One in four clubs spent €6 for every €5 they earned.

A drop in transfer activity has reduced income by 5% to clubs in Scotland, France, Portugal and Holland.

English top-flight clubs are comfortably the richest in Europe with average revenue of €122million - five times higher than Holland and Russia.

Germany is second with average earnings of €86million.

Scottish top-flight clubs' average revenue in 2009 was €16m, the League of Ireland €1.3m, Northern Ireland 0.7m and Wales 0.3m .

Clubs will be monitored if there are warning signs such as: recording a loss in any year; spending more than 70% of revenue on wages; having overdue football-related payments or tax debts; high level of debts.

As with a tax declaration, the onus is on the clubs to provide the correct information to UEFA and they will be subject to spot-checks and face sanctions if they do not do so.

National associations will initially grant the licences but UEFA will have spot-checks to make sure that the rules are being applied correctly.
                                                                  Opr

Comment

He was only in the job under two years at the time. It probably would have been career suicide. Can you imagine the eerie silence as he wins??

Why have a tournament at all if you're not in it to win it? Which looks better, that you're willing to kowtow to an ego, or that you're hungry enough and assured of your own abilities to make the difficult call when it needs to be made?

All in, fist pump every time. Everyone is equal at the poker table.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                      UEFA unveil new financial rules

Opr
                                                                      That won't be applied to the big clubs.

Comment

Just watched Luke Schwartz on that Party Poker thing.

What a bellend. Although next week looks good as well.
                                                                        Last edited by MegaSin; 11-01-11, 17:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                          Solution: Big clubs leave UEFA and create European Super League.
                                                                          http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                          http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            Chess ladder, lol. I'd forgotten about that.

Some good stuff out of you on the BDO thread yesterday - I particularly liked 'Apart from Phil taylor and Raymond Barneveld and Eric Bristow, Adams is the most decorated player in history. Probably a better player than anyone bar taylor on his day and im sure Taylor wouldnt fancy playing Wolfie either'.

And then later on telling mdwexford he was bringing down the tone of the forum

WP.
                                                                            Yes I will soon gain there trust and take over the forum. That's my aim

Comment

Anyone have any idea of a good forum or site that discusses the rise and fall of the dollar and future predictions of its fluctuations?

On other news Shameless launched last night in the states/canada it was a very interesting watch. It essentially just follows the exact storyline from the english version word for word with american actors. Im not sure if it will be a big hit here but its nowhere near as good as the english version. Frank Gallagher the yank is about the worst transfer of a character of all time.
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

took me 20mins to Get this far on the phone but igot there!

Comment

Would Flaine in France be a good first timer ski resort. Myself and the eldest lad are looking to go on a 4/5 day ski trip so beginner and child friendly slopes are a must.

Comment

The same boss who told him to fold, head hunted him for another company last year. At 26 with contacts to burn and on the up in the ladder in NYC i suppose we know what the correct decision was in that situation!

I still call though

(same guy has had dinner with dan rooney a few times, bet he's missing the life here)
                                                                                    The tinker?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mla2VxabR74[/ame]

Comment

Follow up to the one posted yesterday with Alan found at 2:40

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKOx7kvFec[/ame]
                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Epic video Keane. Ending was class, shame it cut off as there ws probably going to be another scrap.

Comment

Why have a tournament at all if you're not in it to win it? Which looks better, that you're willing to kowtow to an ego, or that you're hungry enough and assured of your own abilities to make the difficult call when it needs to be made?

All in, fist pump every time. Everyone is equal at the poker table.
                                                                                          No1 knows he's kowtowing bar him and his boss. His boss wont think less of him as he's listening to his mentors advise

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          The tinker?
                                                                                          ]
                                                                                          Well his is involved in metal of sorts

^^^ wp sir
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                            didn't actually read that link before you quoted it, but couldn't find my original article so just randomly google scholared this one (from Arizona Uni as well, like the better known horse racing paper they did, so assumed it was good). But essentially you feed in a tonne of data and the neural network software will find some patterns in it that wouldn't necessarily be obvious from something like a regression.
                                                                                            That's actually kind of an interesting concept. If you were to create a neural network where each node was a dog, and then create relationships between each dog based on the results of every dog's race versus every other dog, then you could create a network that could take an educated guess at the result of any race of 6 dogs.

I guess the worry would be the size of the data. NNs work best when the number of nodes are small but there is a lot of relationships between each node. There are a lot of racing dogs out there, and only 6 dogs per race. How many times would an average dog race in its lifetime, I wonder? It would certainly be worth trying, anyway.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just started grinding Rush Poker 400NL on FTP with the new year, only played about 15k hands....is this standard variance or should I just quit and find a new hobby?

"Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Ugh I love the way recruitment agents just flat out ignore emails, even after an initial screening and promise of follow-up.

Comment

Just recovered from weekend now.
                                                                                                  United game was rubbish but the atmosphere was electric at most points.
                                                                                                  I've never sat in the North stand before and seen everyone around join in the chants.

I spoke to 2 Liverpool fans Sunday night who tell me they think Dalglish has taken over a poisoned chalice. He is not a miracle worker they say but the general consensus from them was that the away day supporters in the club were genuinely worried about relegation due to Hodgsons small club mentality. They are still gonna struggle for a top 10 finish and I don't think Europe is realistic thinking from the manager.

We took in the Blackburn game on the Saturday. Having never been there before I found the stadium easily accessable and quite big, the pitch itself was very narrow.
                                                                                                  There was only 10,000 at the game and we were 5 rows back on the centre circle, we saw a clash between Gael Givet and Jamie Mackie which was horrible the clash of bone and the screams were terrible. I clearly heard El Hadj Diouf tell Mackie get up you diving cunt and he kept hurling insults at him, Mackie's leg was broken in 2 places. Whos the cunt now El Hadj??

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                    Just recovered from weekend now.
                                                                                                    United game was rubbish but the atmosphere was electric at most points.
                                                                                                    I've never sat in the North stand before and seen everyone around join in the chants.

I spoke to 2 Liverpool fans Sunday night who tell me they think Dalglish has taken over a poisoned chalice. He is not a miracle worker they say but the general consensus from them was that the away day supporters in the club were genuinely worried about relegation due to Hodgsons small club mentality. They are still gonna struggle for a top 10 finish and I don't think Europe is realistic thinking from the manager.

We took in the Blackburn game on the Saturday. Having never been there before I found the stadium easily accessable and quite big, the pitch itself was very narrow.
                                                                                                    There was only 10,000 at the game and we were 5 rows back on the centre circle, we saw a clash between Gael Givet and Jamie Mackie which was horrible the clash of bone and the screams were terrible. I clearly heard El Hadj Diouf tell Mackie get up you diving cunt and he kept hurling insults at him, Mackie's leg was broken in 2 places. Whos the cunt now El Hadj??
                                                                                                    Sure everyone knows he is a cunt. Even eagle eye can't deny that, no matter how hard he tries to troll. Something which he has become very good at tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                      Sure everyone knows he is a cunt. Even eagle eye can't deny that, no matter how hard he tries to troll. Something which he has become very good at tbh.
                                                                                                      Eagle Eye is the best troll around. Love reading his posts in the soccer forum!

Comment

Eagle Eye is the best troll around. Love reading his posts in the soccer forum!
                                                                                                        Someone really needs to take my place and troll United fans, make the place readable again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                                          Would Flaine in France be a good first timer ski resort. Myself and the eldest lad are looking to go on a 4/5 day ski trip so beginner and child friendly slopes are a must.
                                                                                                          regardless of beginner intermediate or advanced, it has to be one of the worst and ugliest resorts in France.

are you a beginner also and how old is the lad?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                            Someone really needs to take my place and troll United fans, make the place readable again.
                                                                                                            Im not up to it. Keane has potential. He is a United fan though!

Comment

Stay out of the United forum.
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I'm making a new account right now. See you in 3 months.

Comment

ooh Just copped I have hit 500 posts after talking probably nothing but rubbish and moaning and losing my temper ever now and then!

WEEEEEEEEE here is to the next 500, surely worth a little glass of wine!
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Just went over to the Soccer Forum..you need 50 posts just to be posts on there? That's ridiculous! I've no interest in posting in any other part of it tbh.
                                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                      Just went over to the Soccer Forum..you need 50 posts just to be posts on there? That's ridiculous! I've no interest in posting in any other part of it tbh.
                                                                                                                      Just go into the count to a million thread if its still alive.
                                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

The question nobody seems to have asked of HH yet is how the hell did the roommate find out about you copping off with the GF? Seems like the kind of thing I'd be ensuring was kept from him!
                                                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                          pick an argument in the Magic forum, I'm the only mod there
                                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X