X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in before DBC gets banned again

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO View Post
      Just thought I'd post this and see what people think. I've learned my lesson now never to play against drunks. I was in the game for 50euro, not much but I was doing very well and .............
      I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
        No sign of Raoul/Stunty. Paul Jewell confirmed as new manager of Ipswich. I'm sure he will be happy about that one.
        no comment
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So, who's got what ereaders??

Should we go for a single device that will also play video/audio/browse internet etc or stick to the best device for reading. Are they both the same thing? Any advice appreciated!

Oh, and it was a peno at the weekend although if it wasn't given I don't think we'd have complained too much. There was contact on Berbatov, but it's fair to say he made the most of it. Red card was nailed on to, I called it as soon as the challenge went in. Looked bad from where I was never mind the Ref.
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO View Post
            Just taught id post this and see what people think ive learned my lesson now never to play against drunkes.. i was in the game for 50euro not much but i was doin very well and had got it up to 550euro sitting pretty tight now cos im happy with wat i got then some drunk guy comes into nd sittz down and starts shouting around the place he wants to play heads up for 1000 euro against anyone acting the tool anyways he sits down at the main game and keeps buying in for 500euro once r twice and then i get a hand poket aces i raise 16 euro he calls me the flop comes down 9d Ah 7d i bet 100euro into him he calls turn comes a 4d at this point i said to my self id like to take it down now i did had the Ad also in my hand so if another diamond came i had the nuts two so i shiped on the turn for 450euro all in your man thinks abt it for a wile and calls with 6 3 off suit for 3 outs nd BING he hits SICKNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1000euro pot down the drain... just wondering does anyone think i played the hand wrong?
            so lets see if i have this right?
            you were playing bingo when suddenly and without warning this auld one lets one rip beside you so you turn to the auld one on the other side of you to say "did you here yer one beside me jus did" when to your amazement she pulls a salad burger out of her handbag and proceeds to eat it.
            meh fairly standard stuff around the bingo halls of ireland i would imagine

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Good ad.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM0ptMqNhso[/ame]
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Should we go for a single device that will also play video/audio/browse internet etc or stick to the best device for reading. Are they both the same thing? Any advice appreciated!

I use my iPod touch though LCD screens don't suit everyone for long periods. If you don't need a backlit screen (I usually read in a dark room) then the kindle is the daddy. Also the iPod is a little small so I'm holding on for either Android 2.2 on the Nook Colour or the Android 3.0 replacement. Not decided yet.
                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

WTF dont Liverpool get rid of Sammy Lee? When I heard they were bringing in Clarke I thought it was a super move under the circumstances but it appears Lee is going to stay. What a waste of a chance to make a clean break. WTF has Lee to offer a modern players?

Black Swan 7/10
                  Buried 5/10
                  The Fighter 8/10

Looking forward to Megamind later this week.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

When I die, i want to go peacefully in my sleep like my dad.

Not in sheer terror like his passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                      Aren't they mainly anti-scientology? what's the censorship reference against Fine Gael?

think of Anonymous as a philosophy rather than a structured group. Anyone can do anything in it's name or not in it's name.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

M

Oh, and it was a peno at the weekend although if it wasn't given I don't think we'd have complained too much. There was contact on Berbatov, but it's fair to say he made the most of it. Red card was nailed on to, I called it as soon as the challenge went in. Looked bad from where I was never mind the Ref.
                        Have a kindle but not got my hands on it yet though. Hopefully this week.

Comment

it really depends what you want intend to do with it. i bought a sony ereader, because i wanted it just for reading books. i don't need to browse or buy books from it, and i can't fault it. it copes perfectly with all formats, and i can charge it without using a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            M

Have a kindle but not got my hands on it yet though. Hopefully this week.
                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            it really depends what you want intend to do with it. i bought a sony ereader, because i wanted it just for reading books. i don't need to browse or buy books from it, and i can't fault it. it copes perfectly with all formats, and i can charge it without using a computer.
                            I was looking at Kindles and Sony eReaders at the weekend. I think it's fair to say that I would expect to spend 90% of my time just reading books on it, but I'm wondering whether I want the capability to play video on it as well (I don't think either of those support that)

I'm also not sure whether or not an eReader is something I'll use a lot or will I want to revert to real books.

Cheapest price I saw was about £150 for the Sony eReader, so it's not a huge price, but still don't want to waste the money without being sure of what I want it for!

edit: Do they both support the same variety of file types? i.e. pdf, .mobi etc
                            Last edited by Iago; 10-01-11, 17:08.
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just witnessed some animal drama here on the Liffey. Two swans were flying upstream and one of them hit a wire near the top of the new bridge and plummeted to the ground, a fall of a good 20m or more. A car screeched to a halt in front of it on the bridge, the dude whacked on his hazards and jumped out. After a couple of minutes he stood up with the swan in his arms. The swan wasn't moving at all. no signs of life. He carried it down to the Liffey by some stone steps, placed it in the water and it swam off and is now happily reunited with its mate.

Excellent work that man.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Just witnessed some animal drama here on the Liffey. Two swans were flying upstream and one of them hit a wire near the top of the new bridge and plummeted to the ground, a fall of a good 20m or more. A car screeched to a halt in front of it on the bridge, the dude whacked on his hazards and jumped out. After a couple of minutes he stood up with the swan in his arms. The swan wasn't moving at all. no signs of life. He carried it down to the Liffey by some stone steps, placed it in the water and it swam off and is now happily reunited with its mate.

Excellent work that man.
                                    El Stuntman shoots down swan.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                      This how Gholi got barred from the Wesbury obviously
                                      Thats exactly what I was thinking lol
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

all ye tech heads here and no help yet for my firewall problem!!!

Help please as i wanna clean out boyles!!!
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                          watched it last night - an excellent movie. would say it would be even better in the cinema.
                                          It was awesome in the cinema! I went to an evening showing, the place was full of couples and hardly any kids - kids have no place at a good childrens movie actually, annoying us adults I think in general you'll get more laughs and a better story at your average 'blockbuster' childrens movie (think Toy Story, the Incredibles, Up, etc...) than at blockbusters aimed towards adults only.

Comment

Bit of a brag: just booked accommodation (a great apartment in the centre of Zell am See, Austria - went for two bedrooms, instead of the usual one bedroom and one sofa bed, so both couples can have proper privacy) and flights (Dub-Salzburg) for this year's snow holiday, a week in February. Can't wait, didn't go last year so am really desperate for some snowboarding action! Now fingers crossed it snows as much as the last time I was in Austria!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                              watched it last night - an excellent movie. would say it would be even better in the cinema.
                                              Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                              It was awesome in the cinema! I went to an evening showing, the place was full of couples and hardly any kids - kids have no place at a good childrens movie actually, annoying us adults I think in general you'll get more laughs and a better story at your average 'blockbuster' childrens movie (think Toy Story, the Incredibles, Up, etc...) than at blockbusters aimed towards adults only.
                                              Think that's my day off tomorrow sorted so, I imagine I'll be the only one there at a 12.40 viewing!!

Comment

Look like we could all be singing \'God Save the Queen\' soon........

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post

Help please as i wanna clean out boyles!!!

Just put a poultice on it. and be more careful next time who yer shaggin.
                                                  Last edited by Solskjaer; 10-01-11, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                    I bought Blaas on the way home from work this morning for the first time in years.The shop assisstant asked me

'What kind do you want?'

What would you answer? don't spoil it if you're from Waterford or the South-East please.
                                                    fresh ones

Comment

Minding me own business today up by the docks and a fecking Swan comes flying towards my knob, crash, thing lay stunned on the ground for a while, then some dude put the yoke into the liffey and it swam off with a swany smile on it's mush.
                                                      I gotta stop flashing the girls in the IFC at lunch hour.

Comment

[quote=Solskjaer;226199]
                                                        Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post

Help please as i wanna clean out boyles!!![/quote]

Just put a poultice on it. and be more careful next time who yer shaggin.
                                                        cheeky git!!!!!!!!
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Bit of a brag: just booked accommodation (a great apartment in the centre of Zell am See, Austria - went for two bedrooms, instead of the usual one bedroom and one sofa bed, so both couples can have proper privacy) and flights (Dub-Salzburg) for this year's snow holiday, a week in February. Can't wait, didn't go last year so am really desperate for some snowboarding action! Now fingers crossed it snows as much as the last time I was in Austria!
                                                          another little brag , 20 days time off to the sunshine island of lanzorite for 8 blissful days!!!
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0110/norrisd.html
                                                            Good luck to him, up the Aras.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0110/norrisd.html
                                                              How the fuck does Bertie get 12% in that vote, people are imbeciles.

Comment

Mickey Harte's daughter died while on honeymoon in Mauritius. Terrible news. RIP.

Comment

Ugh nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                    lol just seen a headline and then read this, lol Solskjaer!

Comment

This is a pretty cool article, The Day Niagara Falls ran dry.

It's taken 41 years, but a previously unseen set of photos of the mighty Niagara Falls reduced to nothing more than a barren cliff-top have finally surfaced.

The stark images reveal North America's iconic - and most powerful - waterfall to be almost as dry as a desert.
                                                                      In June 1969, U.S. engineers diverted the flow of the Niagara River away from the American side of the falls for several months.

Their plan was to remove the large amount of loose rock from the base of the waterfall, an idea which they eventually abandoned due to expense in November of that year.

During the interim, they studied the riverbed and mechanically bolted and strengthened a number of faults to delay the gradual erosion of the American Falls.

The team, made up of U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, blew up their temporary dam in November 1969 and six million cubic feet of water once again thundered over the falls' sides every minute.

Now, after lying unseen for more than four decades, a set of images showing the eerie calm at the American Falls that year have been unearthed by a man from Connecticut.

Russ Glasson recently stumbled across the pictures, which were taken by his in-laws, and had been left in an old shoebox in their garage for over four decades.

Mr Glasson said: 'My in-laws took these pictures during the six months through June to November that the Army was working to improve the health of the American Falls.'

Two rockslides from the plate of the falls in 1931 and 1954 had caused a large amount of rock to be collected at the base.

In 1965, reporters at local newspaper Niagara Falls Gazette revealed that the America Falls would eventually cease to flow and stop altogether if the rocks were not removed.

Four years later, the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers were charged with de-watering the falls to clean the river bed and to remove any loose rock at the bottom of the falls.

To achieve this the army had to build a 600ft dam across the Niagara River, which meant that 60,000 gallons of water that flowed ever second was diverted over the larger Horseshoe Falls which flow entirely on the Canadian side of the border.

The dam itself consisted of 27,800 tons of rock, and on June 12, 1969, after flowing continuously for over 12,000 years, the American Falls stopped.
                                                                      Over the course of the next six months thousands of visitors flocked to the falls to witness the historic occasion.

Once the engineers had removed the collected rocks from the falls base and made geological testing to make safe the rest, the falls were re-watered on November 25 in front of 2,650 onlookers.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        Mickey Harte's daughter died while on honeymoon in Mauritius. Terrible news. RIP.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0110/hartem.html
                                                                        Jesus thats so sad.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          I'm also not sure whether or not an eReader is something I'll use a lot or will I want to revert to real books.

edit: Do they both support the same variety of file types? i.e. pdf, .mobi etc
                                                                          I have the sony ereader, but havent used it in a while tbh. Have actually reverted to using real books a lot recently - tried to read crime and punishment on the ereader but that completely put me off (ended up buying real book instead).

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0110/hartem.html
                                                                            wow thats awful news. RIP to the deceased.

Comment

Seriously the FA have little to be doing with their time, they have charged Ryan Babel with improper conduct for Twitter offences.

Opr

Comment

Hey lads,

Long time reader but rarely post. I am starting a job in Dublin in two weeks in Parkwest Industrial Estate. My friends have a vacancy in a house share in Sandyford which I am thinking of taking. Which would be the easiest mode of transport....bus, dart, luas? My knowledge of Dublin city is nil. I do not own a car at present.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  This is a pretty cool article, The Day Niagara Falls ran dry.
                                                                                  Cool pics, but thats just the American Falls. The Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side is the proper one!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                    Seriously the FA have little to be doing with their time, they have charged Ryan Babel with improper conduct for Twitter offences.

Opr

I agree with charging him, but don't think he should be banned. A fine and warning should be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                      I agree with charging him, but don't think he should be banned. A fine and warning should be enough.
                                                                                      Your opening up a can of worms. I mean players have been openly critical of things in the game on twitter for a long time. I think its madness and why now ? Here is Cesc only last week.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Fowlerthegowler View Post
                                                                                        Hey lads,

Long time reader but rarely post. I am starting a job in Dublin in two weeks in Parkwest Industrial Estate. My friends have a vacancy in a house share in Sandyford which I am thinking of taking. Which would be the easiest mode of transport....bus, dart, luas? My knowledge of Dublin city is nil. I do not own a car at present.
                                                                                        No dart to Parkwest.

Luas - Sandyford to Town (25mins) then 10 min walk. Abbey St to Parkwest (30mins) & possible 10-25 min walk depending where office is in Parkwest.

Bus - not 100% sure but would say its a bus to town & then 2nd bus to Parkwest (could be 2 hours at peak times)

Car needed id say - 15mins on M50 to Parkwest.

Comment

Your opening up a can of worms. I mean players have been openly critical of things in the game on twitter for a long time. I think its madness and why now ? Here is Cesc only last week.

Opr
                                                                                          I just made the exact same point on boards. Wouldn't find it that odd but you quoted a post of mine on here a couple days ago as well. Great minds think alike I guess, either that or you're stalking my posts
                                                                                          Last edited by LOL_CAMPBELL; 10-01-11, 18:17. Reason: you're not your

Comment

Stalking obv Didn't have a clue you posted over here.

Opr

Comment

Hey lads,

Sandyford to Parkwest is a horrible journey. Parkwest is a horrible place to get to from most places actually.

Comment

Opr

I think the problem was the picture. Joke or not he's basically saying Howard is biased towards United. If he said that in the post game interview he would be done as well.

Comment

Hey guys, got the HTC Desire about a week ago now and have my gmail set up fine on it. I cant seem to get my eircom email added onto it aswell. something bout POP3 and other stuff I have no idea about.

anyone able to help me out here??

Comment

Irish eyes poker: can you

Change your position on the table in a tourney

Get rid of the bit at the bottom left that keeps your position in the tourney updated

Comment

Stalking obv Didn't have a clue you posted over here.

Opr
                                                                                                      My post count will tell you I don't. Just a lurker and very occasional poster.

Comment

Just watched another one of the 30 for 30 series on ESPN.

Morgan Freeman commentating on the South African World cup win. Highly recommend it
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

*** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                                          Dealt to tipperary101 [Ah Ad]
                                                                                                          raphaelsccp: raises 1700 to 2700
                                                                                                          Cloeb Double: folds
                                                                                                          bubske18: folds
                                                                                                          igorek555: folds
                                                                                                          tipperary101: raises 14235 to 16935 and is all-in
                                                                                                          gregoriokat: calls 5594 and is all-in
                                                                                                          SuperChicken: folds
                                                                                                          raphaelsccp: calls 11612 and is all-in
                                                                                                          Uncalled bet (2623) returned to tipperary101
                                                                                                          *** FLOP *** [9h Qh Tc]
                                                                                                          *** TURN *** [9h Qh Tc] [Qs]
                                                                                                          *** RIVER *** [9h Qh Tc Qs] [Jd]
                                                                                                          *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                                                          raphaelsccp: shows [Kc Kh] (a straight, Nine to King)
                                                                                                          tipperary101: shows [Ah Ad] (two pair, Aces and Queens)
                                                                                                          raphaelsccp collected 16436 from side pot
                                                                                                          gregoriokat: shows [Ks Ac] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
                                                                                                          gregoriokat collected 19982 from main pot
                                                                                                          *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                                          Total pot 36418 Main pot 19982. Side pot 16436. | Rake 0
                                                                                                          Board [9h Qh Tc Qs Jd]
                                                                                                          Seat 1: tipperary101 (button) showed [Ah Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Queens
                                                                                                          Seat 2: gregoriokat (small blind) showed [Ks Ac] and won (19982) with a straight, Ten to Ace
                                                                                                          Seat 3: SuperChicken (big blind) folded before Flop
                                                                                                          Seat 4: raphaelsccp showed [Kc Kh] and won (16436) with a straight, Nine to King
                                                                                                          Seat 5: Cloeb Double folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                                          Seat 6: bubske18 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                                          Seat 9: igorek555 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

sick !!!!!!!! Obviously i had the Aces!!

12 dollar 180 man on stars, i fuckin bubbled!!!
                                                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 10-01-11, 18:49.
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by LOL_CAMPBELL View Post
                                                                                                            My post count will tell you I don't. Just a lurker and very occasional poster.
                                                                                                            Who are you over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                              Norris was born in Leopoldville in the Belgian Congo. When his father died, Norris, then a small child, went to Ireland for the first time. Norris' cousins came to meet him when he arrived by ship into Dublin. Norris has spoken of the disappointment on the faces of his cousins when they discovered that their 'African' cousin was not black.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                I think the problem was the picture. Joke or not he's basically saying Howard is biased towards United. If he said that in the post game interview he would be done as well.
                                                                                                                I guess it just feels like PC brigade gone mad. Its not like the lad uses his twitter account to promote any kind of agenda. He is on twitter a huge amount posting random stuff about everything and anything and it was literally just something he got sent thought it was funny and stuck it up. He actually went on to post a tonne of unrelated random crap after that and it was hours before he even thought it could get him in trouble. Here is his latest tweet after it was announced he would be charged.

Babel Twitter : * Getting Handcuffs on *

I think he would be much more annoyed over a twitter ban than a 50k fine

Opr

Comment

Hey lads,

Estimated 1 hour, 37 minutes in total!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                                    Hey guys, got the HTC Desire about a week ago now and have my gmail set up fine on it. I cant seem to get my eircom email added onto it aswell. something bout POP3 and other stuff I have no idea about.

anyone able to help me out here??
                                                                                                                    Set up gmail to collect your eircom pop mail.
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

RIP Dick Winters

Comment

is there really no way to set up wireless proxy settings on the desire?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          is there really no way to set up wireless proxy settings on the desire?
                                                                                                                          What do you mean?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X