Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      Where can you get those prices ?

Opr
      I may have made them up

Comment

Die Hard 3 just started on watch.
        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Been listening to what I can find on the sounds of 2011 from BBC. Not much that I think is that good. Warpaint are on it which I mentioned a while back but once I dug a little deeper into them I didn't think they were great. I think Clare Maguire will grow on me.

Winner was Jessie J who I haven't really warmed to but this is a pretty cool performance on Jools.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S849lrkmuRc[/ame]

Opr
          Last edited by Opr; 08-01-11, 22:30.

Comment

Seahawks making a better fist of this than I thought they would.
            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

i love this song Cathy Davey - 'Little Red'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUVZ6ba_VI&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Sarah Palin's advert from the recent election campaign targeting democrats who were supporting it , including Congress Woman Gabrielle Giffords who was shot today in Arizona.

Nice use of the crosshairs
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Sarah Palin's advert from the recent election campaign targeting democrats who were supporting it , including Congress Woman Gabrielle Giffords who was shot today in Arizona.

Nice use of the crosshairs
                  Palin is a gimp obviously, but in this case I'd have sympathy for her. Its just unfortunate and its not as if she was encouraging someone to shoot those 20 congressioners.

Comment

Cracking telly tonight. The Incredibles just finished on BBC3 and Hot Fuzz starts on ITV2 shortly. Two of my favourite films in one night.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Criminal Minds ftw

Comment

Texas Dolly on Twit.

Politicians and diapers need to be changed often, and for the same reason

couple minutes later

Sorry about the politicitan quote, I live under a rock. I didn't know about the Arizona incident. My deepest apologies.
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

just fucking lols

LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: 1,370
                          Hero (BB): 1,630

Pre-Flop: (60) K Q dealt to Hero (BB)
                          BTN raises to 120, Hero calls 80

Flop: (240) 7 K 5 (2 Players)
                          Hero checks, BTN bets 160, Hero calls 160

Turn: (560) Q (2 Players)
                          Hero checks, BTN bets 480, Hero raises to 1,350 and is All-In, BTN calls 610 and is All-In

River: (2,740) A (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,740 Pot
                          BTN showed Q A and WON 2,740 (+1,390 NET)
                          Hero showed K Q and LOST (-1,330 NET)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

hi all, I missed ye all a little in the last few days, just back from the lovely magaherfelt from seeing all the in laws, cleaned out asda on the way back, having a wee glass of wine now.

so any gossip or news!!!!
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

So... Am I the only one who thought 127 hours was pretty meh?
                              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

New Jersey shore was fucking awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                  hi all, I missed ye all a little in the last few days, just back from the lovely magaherfelt from seeing all the in laws, cleaned out asda on the way back, having a wee glass of wine now.

so any gossip or news!!!!
                                  I was just about to post where were you....we missed you a lot !!
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                    So... Am I the only one who thought 127 hours was pretty meh?
                                    I just read your latest blog post there Carl.

Fair play, good to see you're enjoying it. Do you mind me asking what's the cash game you're playing with the 5%, 20 cap. Blinds, straddle etc?

Comment

there is a good chance that i may be pregnant

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                        I was just about to post where were you....we missed you a lot !!
                                        Awwww well if your serious you just made my day!
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                          I just read your latest blog post there Carl.

Fair play, good to see you're enjoying it. Do you mind me asking what's the cash game you're playing with the 5%, 20 cap. Blinds, straddle etc?
                                          Thanks, nice to know someones reading it

Its the 50-1-3 game in d1. Been a while since I've played cash with any sort of regularity but as far as I remember that was the rake structure, its possible I'm wrong but i'm pretty sure thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                            there is a good chance that i may be pregnant
                                            Is this your first litter???
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Is this your first litter???
                                              no

Comment

Awwww well if your serious you just made my day!
                                                As a wise man once said, play your cards right and ill make your hole weak !!
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Thanks, nice to know someones reading it

Its the 50-1-3 game in d1. Been a while since I've played cash with any sort of regularity but as far as I remember that was the rake structure, its possible I'm wrong but i'm pretty sure thats it.

Ah yeah, keep the blog going!

The reason I asked about the game is that I thought it was a 50/1 game.
                                                  I rarely play live cash anymore but believe me, stay away from that game.
                                                  With that rake it's unbeatable, it's extortionate.
                                                  There will only be one winner there and that's the club.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                    As a wise man once said, play your cards right and ill make your hole weak !!
                                                    ya had to go and ruin it!!!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Ah yeah, keep the blog going!

The reason I asked about the game is that I thought it was a 50/1 game.
                                                      I rarely play live cash anymore but believe me, stay away from that game.
                                                      With that rake it's unbeatable, it's extortionate.
                                                      There will only be one winner there and that's the club.
                                                      I know its absolutely gross, far be it for me to criticize the place though its where I've made a big chunk of my roll from the tournaments and i'm friends with a lot of people from there.

Just the live cash scene in general around Dublin I'm not a fan of, try to steer clear of it altogether. Its just become a leak and it takes up time I could be doing something I enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                        no
                                                        back of cosmopolition magazine so!
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

But of course...why else would you come back....
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Well if this is the way 7-9 teams perform in the playoffs, the more the merrier! Outstanding effort whatever happens in the 4th.

Edit: wearing a new avatar to celebrate the start of the playoffs.
                                                            Last edited by Lurker23; 09-01-11, 00:09.

Comment

I know its absolutely gross, far be it for me to criticize the place though its where I've made a big chunk of my roll from the tournaments and i'm friends with a lot of people from there.

Just the live cash scene in general around Dublin I'm not a fan of, try to steer clear of it altogether. Its just become a leak and it takes up time I could be doing something I enjoy.
                                                              I'm not criticiizing the place either, not my place have never been in there.

If you want to make money at this game, look elsewhere to play cash, you can't beat that game over time no matter how good you are.

Just a bit of advice is all, you seem like a good lad and I hope you do well,sometimes you have to realise, the devil is in the detail!

Comment

So, are you still angry all the time when posting here Michelle?

Comment

I'm not criticiizing the place either, not my place have never been in there.

If you want to make money at this game, look elsewhere to play cash, you can't beat that game over time no matter how good you are.

Just a bit of advice is all, you seem like a good lad and I hope you do well,sometimes you have to realise, the devil is in the detail!
                                                                  Aw dude I wasn't even implying you were, just making sure nobody took me up the wrong way is all. I do agree with everything you said though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    So, are you still angry all the time when posting here Michelle?
                                                                    you couldnt be more wrong, I have actually settled in quite well here on IPB and am really enjoying the banter, its funny as i feel one takes on an IPB personality!

First thing I do now when turning on pc is check Face book and IPB!

Lovin it

actually i love ye all!!!!!!! hmm wine must be kicking in
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Press conference announcing Isildur1 is Viktor Blom.

Opr

Comment

Aw dude I wasn't even implying you were, just making sure nobody took me up the wrong way is all. I do agree with everything you said though.
                                                                        Ah, I know you weren't, it's all good, just trying to give you some helpful advice.

Comment

For all those having a laugh at Kennys appointment and for all your arguments against, his first interview makes more sense than anything Hodgson did in the previous six months.

I obv hope his time in charge works out, but there's no guarantee it will.
                                                                          The proof will be in the pudding but compare this to some of the crap that's come out of Roys mouth the last few months.

Chalk and cheese.

Firstly, Kenny, another dramatic day at Liverpool Football Club?

Obviously it's a great honour for me to be back in charge of a football club which means so much to so many people. When somebody gets a bit of pleasure there's always the disappointment of someone else, and it's Roy. Roy is a very honourable guy with loads of integrity and I feel really sad for him. He came in at the start of the season when Rafa left, he tried his best but it just didn't happen for him and the disappointing thing for me is that this opportunity has come along and he has lost out. If you ask any manager if they want to manage Liverpool Football Club there's no way in the world they're going to say no, so he came in and unfortunately for himself and everyone else it didn't work out as we all hoped and I don't think there's anybody who supports the football club who will get any pleasure out of seeing it not work.

How does it feel to once again be the manager of Liverpool Football Club?

I'm a very lucky person. That's twice I've been very fortunate. I came here as a 15-year-old boy when Shanks asked me to sign and I was a wee bit homesick thinking I was too young to leave home. Then I got back as a player and left the club in February 1991. I'm fortunate to come back, even if it's only to the end of the season it makes no difference to me, this place is very special and all we can do is try our best to move the club forward a bit and try to win some more games.

What was your immediate reaction when you were asked to step in and help the club out?

Marina and I were away for a break, but I said at the start of the season that if they wanted me to help in any way, shape or form then I would do. My situation never changed. I was there to be of help to the football club and if John and Tom and Ian Ayre and Damien were happy to offer me the position then there was no way I could be disrespectful and not take it. I've been a very lucky boy to be asked to do this. All I would say is I'm going to do the best I possibly can to try and help the club, but everybody has to pull in the same direction. There's no point not being a unified unit. If we pull in different directions we won't get anywhere. I'm really looking forward to it and it'll be a real pleasure for me to be in that dressing room again and on the bench.

What's the reaction been like so far from your family, friends, ex-players and fans you've seen?

I was on the plane to come back from Dubai and it went out to take off and the news hadn't broken. Then it came back in to repair something and everybody's phone was going and people were coming up to me to say 'Congratulations, all the best'. My family have been brought up here and know what the football club stands for and what it means to a lot of people, so they're delighted. The excitement has to calm down a wee bit, we have to make sure we turn the excitement into some positivity for everybody and make sure we win games. That's the most important thing we have to do and the best way for us to do it is to support each other and we're very good at that. As someone once said, the closer we are and the harder we work then the luckier we'll get. So we'll work hard to get the luck we need.

You've spoken in the past about your desire to manage the club again, how confident are you that you can turn Liverpool's fortunes around this season?

I always said I'd help but I also made it perfectly clear I wasn't going to stand on anyone's toes to help. I was happy to help in any way I could, the football club and Roy. I think people know what they're getting and what's in the package with Kenny Dalglish, they know they'll get honesty and a great deal of commitment. I'll take my chances and hopefully we'll get more positive results than negative ones.

It has been a disappointing campaign so far but why do you think the results haven't been what we'd like and will a big part of your job now be trying to lift the confidence of the players?

Some people may find it strange that you're talking about some great players - Steven, Fernando, Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Raul Meireles - and you mention confidence. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you're not confident in what you're doing and not believing that it's going to turn for you then you're not going to play as well. You can point them in the right direction and tell them how good they are, but they've got to believe in it. Our lads will admit themselves that they've not achieved this season and not maintained the standards that they're very capable of reaching. I might be fortunate and I might come in and get the luck that Roy missed out on. I'm sure Roy will be sitting and watching and hoping that we do well, because when you read the statement he made when he left the club then that tells you how dignified the man is.

On Sunday you'll walk out at Old Trafford to the sight and sound of 9,000 Liverpool fans singing your name - how do you think you'll feel when you make that walk along the touchline?

I'll feel very humble and probably a bit emotional. They know that they're equally as important as what we are, not just for Sunday's game but for every game. We might lose a game - not necessarily on Sunday - or we might not play too well and that's when we'll need their support. We also as a squad of players and as a management have to give them something to cheer about as well. I'm sure our people will respond if we go out there and they see that our lads are proud to play and that they'll do their best for Liverpool Football Club. We'll do our best to get the results that they all want, we won't always be successful, and to be perfectly realistic I think we have to say 'Let's just start walking before we run'. Let's not go crazy here and think the season changes and we're going to sweep everything aside now and go undefeated from now to the end of the season. We're perfectly capable of doing it but let's be realistic, let's just go out there and try our best and take things one game at a time.

Manchester United away in your first game back - exciting or daunting?

It's the same for both clubs I think. I'm sure Fergie would have picked an easier game if he could have picked one. Old Trafford is a fantastic stage to go and play your football, it's an FA Cup tie and the FA Cup has been devalued of late with people fielding weakened teams. United lost to Leeds last year after putting out a weakened side and I can't see him doing that tomorrow. All we've got to do is concern ourselves with us. Sammy, Mike, Damien and Roy up to today have been getting the boys ready for the game so they'll be the ones who are bigger players than me, but I'll be there beside them on the bench and we'll all be singing from the same hymn-sheet.

And have you thought about what you'll say to the players in your first team talk?

Yes, but it's changed 25 times on the flight home, so I'm sure it'll change again before the morning.

Do you think you'll feel nervous before kick off?

I felt nervous last night after I got the phone call, and I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling that anticipation. I also feel a great sense of pride to try and help everybody get what they want, which is results.

You'll be renewing past rivalries with Alex Ferguson as well, of course....

Yes, I don't have a problem with that. You have to respect what Alex has done in the game and you don't do it through gritted teeth. It's a fantastic achievement what he's done, his track record is fantastic, we respect him as a person and a football manager. It's all well and good people disliking him or disliking Manchester United, but it doesn't mean you don't respect what other people have done in football.

Away from matters on the pitch, will you be having conversations with Damien Comolli and the owners with a view to bringing in new players during this transfer window?

I'm just in the door. I'm sure there will be conversations but honestly, I have had minimal conversations about what's happening. I need to sit down and be told. I've got straight off the plane to do this interview and to try and get a message to the supporters and hope that I can repay the trust that John, Tom and the other footballing people, Ian and Damien, have put in me.

How excited are you by the challenge which lies ahead this season?

I'm really looking forward to it. You get nervous with anticipation but I'm looking forward to it. The games come up thick and fast, Sunday and then Wednesday at Blackpool and then the derby next Sunday. We've got to get on with it. It's really exciting and something I'm looking forward to. There's no fear, just a nervous anticipation about what's going to happen.

What is your target for the rest of this season?

To get as many wins as we can muster and then take it from there.

And finally, what's your message to Liverpool supporters as we all look forward to your second term as manager?

I'd just say if there's excitement among the supporters then I can share in that excitement. I think we've got to be realistic and a little bit patient. It's not going to turn overnight. I know there are lots of times when a manager leaves a football club and a new guy comes in and gives everyone a lift, well if the players get a bit of a lift then it has to last for more than one game. We've got to get it right between now and the end of the season and as I said earlier, there might be some disappointments but the biggest disappointment for me is if everyone who is involved in this football club doesn't give everything they have to give. If we do that then we have a good chance of finishing the season well.

I'm sure everybody is right behind you Kenny and we all wish you the best of luck...

It's a great pleasure to be back. We're working for people we know we can trust and working for people who only want the best for us as well. Let's just hope we can take this journey over the next five or six months together and have a successful time.
                                                                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 09-01-11, 08:35.

Comment

you couldnt be more wrong, I have actually settled in quite well here on IPB and am really enjoying the banter, its funny as i feel one takes on an IPB personality!

First thing I do now when turning on pc is check Face book and IPB!

Lovin it

actually i love ye all!!!!!!! hmm wine must be kicking in
                                                                            You must have scared off all the other wimmins from posting in here. Even Mrs FD is posting much less it seems. You'd swear people have lives or something.

Comment

You must have scared off all the other wimmins from posting in here. Even Mrs FD is posting much less it seems. You'd swear people have lives or something.
                                                                              cheek of ya!!!! ms flushdraw is too busy playing cafe world on face book!!!
                                                                              Ye should be glad of the female input around here as there are only a few of us!!!
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Ah, I know you weren't, it's all good, just trying to give you some helpful advice.
                                                                                Much appreciated I'm assuming your a Pool fan, I'm a fellow sufferer. Would love to see things work out under Kenny, well respected club legend and all around gentleman. I've heard he has a nice eye for a player too.

Comment

Where's the best place to look to buy a TV?

Best sites online and stuff? Amazon don't seem to have a great selection...

Comment

what a TD! Thats the game. Saints out...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

an electrical shop
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                        Press conference announcing Isildur1 is Viktor Blom.

Opr
                                                                                        Was that the announcement? Linky pls? On phone

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                          Was that the announcement? Linky pls? On phone
                                                                                          I presume you can't see the gif in the post, but it would be awesomeness personified if that was the actual announcement.

Comment

Your latest PokerStars Blog, online Tournament Poker Series, Live Events from PSPC to EPT. Including Team Pro strategy advice and interviews.

Comment

Holy crap.

I don't really believe this but, even though the timelines may have been exaggerated he obv still got there.

"I deposited $2,000 and within three weeks I had two million," he said.

Comment

an electrical shop
                                                                                                Thanks for the tip

Electrical shops are shit, they just want to push whatever model they have in the back room, or whatever set they get the best markup on.

I'm looking for a site online with a good selection where I can compare models/prices etc with nobody trying to talk me into buying anything to up their rate of commission.

Comment

Hello BVB

Went to see the Little Fauckers and it was shit.

Good night

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Harney View Post
                                                                                                      Hello BVB

Went to see the Little Fauckers and it was shit.

Good night
                                                                                                      Should have asked here first, it is shite !!
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Powercity have some decent tv's go in and check out which ones you like the look of and then go and get reviews of them online.

You wont get the feel of a tv online really as the quality in picture between some sets is huge and I prefer to see it first hand.
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Out for a few drinks in the palace, felt like an old man upstairs so went downsatirs played pool, then decided cant be missing the jets game. FOOTBALLLLLLLL for the win.

Comment

I presume you can't see the gif in the post, but it would be awesomeness personified if that was the actual announcement.
                                                                                                            Just found out who the shoe thrower was.....

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=h...:0&tx=63&ty=77

Comment

Pokerstars blog blocked by work proxy, could someone copypasta the Isildur announcement for me?
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                Pokerstars blog blocked by work proxy, could someone copypasta the Isildur announcement for me?
                                                                                                                I feel your pain comrade,me too.I have to revert to the phone for links etc.

Comment

Bags are packed,

Roll on 3am and i am en route for the airport and eventually Oz,

don't know when my next post wil be but i hope to get internet sorted pretty soon
                                                                                                                  http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's a 20-minute walk to the farthest reaches of the Atlantis resort known as The Cove. It's literally the most distant point from the PCA tournament room. No place on Atlantis is as posh as this hideaway at the end of the island. One has to pass no fewer than three guards who are charged with the duty of making sure the unwashed aren't sneaking into the land of the elite. On a late Thursday afternoon, this is where Isildur1 is hiding.

To most anyone watching, he is just a tall, lanky young man in ripped bluejeans and a gray hoodie. His mop of hair is a perfectly tangled mess, one that could have as easily been assembled by a high-dollar stylist as a 20-year old Swedish kid who has suffered multiple delayed flights and lost luggage on his first trip to the Bahamas. Ushered into the back of a swanky lounge, he sips on a Corona and intimates that he's just happy to be somewhere warm.

"It's so cold in Europe right now," he said.

It's probably very hard to to be unhappy if you're this Swede. Somehow in the span of a few years, the young man has managed to find an almost unparalleled poker fame without once giving his name to the media. He's won, lost, and won millions again in the biggest pots in online poker history. Legions of fans and haters take to the poker forums to discuss the young man's every move. They speculate on his identity. They critique his play and how he chats at the online poker tables. They love him. They hate him. They either want to be him or beat him.

At this moment, he's just a stylishly disheveled kid sitting on a leather sofa. He is sitting for his first official interview. He shifts in his seat and looks around the room as people look back and surely wonder, "Is that him?"

The answer is a very quiet, "Yes." At long last, after spending month after month as poker's Keyser Söze, Viktor Blom is happy to admit he is Isildur1.

By now, there is no one in poker who doesn't know the legend of Isildur1. With a poker nickname ripped from "Lord of the Rings," the wunderkind seemed to come out of nowhere to challenge and beat the biggest names in the game. Within days of his arrival on the scene, he had earned the respect of poker's top players. The question that rang out in every room was, "Who is this guy?" It became a parlor game for poker players worldwide.

There were many people who pegged Blom for the man behind the online avatar, but 100% confirmation of Isildur1's true identity was near impossible. If the media approached him, they were summarily rebuffed. Blom simply didn't see any benefit in seeking out fame. He was playing a game he loved, and if he could remain in the shadows, he was fine with that.

"There was no reason for me to talk to the media," he said.

Many people would have disagreed with Blom. There were few stories in 2010 poker that were as good as his.

Blom was the youngest of four kids in a humble Swedish home. At age 14, the man who would someday bet tens of thousands on the turn of a card couldn't conceive of having millions of dollars. Then Blom found poker.

"In the beginning, it was just for fun," he said of his early games with his friends.

Four years later, at age 18, Blom started to think he might have a knack for the game. Playing .50/$1 games online, Blom played for 15 hours a day. It was one of the world's most profitable obsessions.

"I deposited $2,000 and within three weeks I had two million," he said.

Blom was immediately pegged by the poker community a maniac--a frighteningly talented maniac, but a maniac all the same. Everybody wanted to play him, and Blom was taking all comers. He soon learned losing millions was easier than winning millions.

"I had some rough days," he said with a wry smile. "But I'm not worried. I know I can always win money."

No matter how much he won or lost, it wasn't a topic that was easily discussed around the Blom family dinner table. His parents were happy to support their son in whatever endeavor he chose, but Blom couldn't conceive of a way to explain how he regularly won and lost fortunes.

"I try not to talk to them too much about it," he said.

His two older sisters don't play poker. His brother does (and recently won a big Swedish tournament), but he's still nothing like Blom. "He is more of a grinder," Blom said. "I am the gambler."

So, imagine what it must have been like. It's as if Blom were the only one allowed on the world's most insane roller coaster but couldn't tell anybody what it was like. He had friends and he had family, but finding an actual peer was well nigh impossible while maintaining his secret identity.

It's impossible to say how long Blom would have hidden behind the Isildur1 name. He doesn't even know. But one late Autumn day, PokerStars came calling. On offer was a coveted spot on Team PokerStars Pro. There aren't many people who would turn down a spot in poker's most elite stable, but taking on the role of a Team Pro came with a price. Blom would have to stand up publicly and admit that he is, indeed, Isildur1. Finally, in a sort of "Lebron-goes-to-Miami" moment, Blom stood tonight before the assembled media and embraced his fame.

"It felt like the right time," he said.

Blom waves as he is announced as Isildur1

And so that is how Viktor Blom came to be sitting in the lobby bar of the island's most luxurious hotel, nursing a beer, and answering the questions he's avoided for so long. He does it in much the same manner as he plays. He only gives way what you can wrest from him. While ready to put his face to his screen name, he's still intensely private. He doesn't care to discuss his personal life beyond what people would normally know about his game.

When he made his decision to sign with PokerStars, he knew that would come with a lot of scrutiny. There was no more hiding, but there was also no refusing the world's best poker gig. Even Blom couldn't turn down PokerStars.

"It's the biggest site. They do things right," he said.

There are many people who think Blom believes he's got it all figured out. He's been called everything in the book. More than a few people have called him arrogant.

"I don't know why they would think that," he said without a hint of irony. "I am confident, but I don't think I'm arrogant."

Though he's experimented with ring games, he always goes back to what he loves: the back and forth struggle of heads-up play. It's clear that the one-on-one to the death battle is where he finds his raison d'être. Given a choice between Omaha and Hold'em, he can answer quickly.

"I'd prefer a really good hold'em game," he said,

Blom is still willing to admit he has a lot to learn. He is starting to learn new games. He has also developed some sense of self-awareness, enough that he doesn't plan to approach any new adventures like he has his past endeavors. That is to say, don't expect to see him playing in the nosebleed section of games he's learning.

He is also trying to refine his live poker skills. It's an area of poker that he admits is his weakest. "I need to learn to be more patient. I need to learn to let go of some more hands," he said. "I want to have some good live results, maybe win an EPT."

With that understood, the money doesn't seem to mean much to Blom. He plays for a simple love of the game. Asked how much he'd have to win before he quit poker, he said "I've never thought about that. I love the game. I love the challenge."

Blom now lives in London, a place he loves for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the city's famous public transportation system. With all his millions, Blom has never owned a car. Even if he did, he wouldn't have anything to do with it. He doesn't have a drivers license.

"I haven't had time to get it yet," he said.

It's not clear if he'll have any more time in the near future. Now that he is Viktor Blom in addition to being Isildur1, there will be legions of people wanting to know how he does it. Asked how he would advise new players, Blom thought for a moment and then answered, "Start slow."

Then Blom paused. A wide smile broke out on his face. Start slow? He saw how ridiculous his answer was.

"I didn't do that," he said.

There was still a lot to learn about Blom, but the conversation had gone on for a long time. There would be other days, other interviews, and more time to try to figure out exactly what makes the guy tick.

Ultimately, the topic drifted to what would happen tonight. In front of the crowd at the PCA, Blom would finally stand up and once and for all admit that he is Isildur1. He looked neither excited nor nervous with the possibility. He actually seemed more focused on what would happen next. He was scheduled to play heads up against an PokerStars qualifier, and then heads up against fellow Team PokerStars Pro Betrand "ElkY" Grospellier. The rules and stakes were discussed with a member of the PokerStars brass. Blom nodded though it all. When it got quiet, he only had one question, one that said more about him than any of the answers he'd given over the past hour.

"Can we rebuy?" he asked.

Comment

Oh well, I tried..Colts - Jets is shocking!
                                                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                                                                        Bags are packed,

Roll on 3am and i am en route for the airport and eventually Oz,

don't know when my next post wil be but i hope to get internet sorted pretty soon
                                                                                                                        Best of luck man, keep us up to speed with TR's as appropriate

Comment

ugh HM shows that i paid $55 in rake in 337 hands of hu at 10plo (GBP table) - so sick - which means like ~ $110 was paid on that table - ugh why do i bother sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X