X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    I did, think hes talking bollox.

Probably my film of 2010, right up there anyway.
    Ah cool suppose we are gonna have to disagree on this one.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
      What happened..just stopped watching a few mins ago?
      Dekker about to sep up for 16 but Winstanlet steps right in his path, picks up his water and stood there making Dekker wait till he was ready to move, gamesmanship more than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Meh I thought it had real potential but kinda lost it in a few spots for me, not sure if you read the review I linked earlier.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/01/...a-flaming-pile
        It certainly wasnt the worst movie i have seen, i agree with a lot of the plot holes but it did what it said on the tin, 90 mins in a coffin and i wasnt bored once. I know its no Black Swan...
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Comparing Dalglish to Shearer is Ludicrous.

The man has won 4 league titles as manager, 2 FA cups and was named manager of the year of four times, not much a contest in fairness!
          Last edited by dannydiamond; 08-01-11, 18:49.
          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Nobody is arguing he was a successful manager, his record is immpecable, but he last won a British trophy over 15 years ago. He is a dinosaur in terms of modern football, It says alot about the club and it's fans that they are clinging to history and seasons pasts. They are a club that was once great, but are now not.

How much has changed since he even stood in a dugout?

Players attitudes have changed massively, to people like Shearer, Kenny was a guy he would have grown up to respect, he won't have the same respect from a Glen Johnson.

What about the scientific and fitness advances? I mean Jan Molby was a Dalglish fav, be funny to see how he'd get on in the modern game.

All this carry on about club culture, respect, and understanding of Liverpool football club is a joke. On one hand the fans bemoan the lack of trophies and on the other they claim that a love of the club is more important. Football is big business nowadays, there's no place for sentimentality. The fans need to decide whether they want Liverpool to challenge for titles or to continue being the sad, deluded museum to former glories that it is now becoming.
            Last edited by The C Kid; 08-01-11, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

The man has won 4 league titles as manager, 2 FA cups and was named manager of the year of four times, not much a contest in fairness!

So what 20 year ago I could do the box splits. but now its my trousers that do it.

let's see what Kenny can do with the motley crew as opposed to the team he inherited last time. poor Kenny imo

have me slogan for tomorrow

Roo killed Kenny - you bastard

Comment

New Rare exports links added.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Is there still a list of Live tournaments floating around, the one I did for boards should be well outdated at this stage?

what's on tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Froms oprs post.

It wouldn't have made sense to appoint a permanent manager now as the best we could have hoped for would have been the likes of Coyle or possibly Rijkaard.
                    Whats wrong with Rijkaard that he is placed in the rank of "guys who a club wouldn't really want"?
                    Always seemed very knowledgable about the game to me, and I liked the way his teams play. And he's got two La Liga titles and a champions League. And these weren't soft La Liga titles, it wasn't a two horse race then and it was at a time when Barcelona were considered a fading force.

If he was available and interested then he'd be close to 'snap up' terittory for me.

Comment

Finally Tiote got sent off!

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                        Playoffs baby!!

Who are we going for? Saints seem a certainty based on what I seen of Seattle last week.

Colts - Jets should be a cracker..Home advantage might just sneak it for Colts but I don't think I'll be backing anything. Just sit back and enjoy!

Cant wait for Jets game. Think colts will win I think. Not surprised the Hawks game is on first, get it out of the way. Saints will crush them.

Comment

What time are the FA Cup highlights on tonight?

Looking forward to Warnock's interview. Apparently lost the plot about El Hadj Diouf calling him a "sewer rat" for standing over Jamie Mackie and abusing him when Mackie has a double broken leg.

Comment

Liverpool fans need to be quiet, realise it wasn't all Hodgson and keep their fingers tightly crossed. Could get alot worse under Daglish.

On the right track at least but you better hope you get a new manager who can work the transfer market in the Summer, that is going to be massive for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                              You're very ghey
                              I see Icarus152 thanked this post what out C Kid, Icarus is looking for some new man candy!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                I see Icarus152 thanked this post what out C Kid, Icarus is looking for some new man candy!
                                You're second.
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

tut tut

Theo Walcott has admitted diving in an attempt to rescue Arsenal from an FA Cup defeat against Leeds United. The Gunners were losing 1-0 to Leeds United in the 87th minute when Walcott was fouled b…

Speaking after the game Walcott said: “I thought [Dowd] did give the penalty to be honest. I just want to apologise to the managers, I actually dived trying to win the penalty.

“I said to one of their players would you have done it if it was the last few minutes and he said he I probably would have done it.

“I’m not the sort of player to do it, I own up to that and I apologise for that. It’s one of those things that I don’t like to see in my game. I’ve heard some people say if you feel just a slight touch you should go down so it can work both ways.

“I’m not happy with myself for doing that but I’m happy that we got the draw in the end. [Alex Bruce] was fine about it. Whether he knew if it was a penalty I don’t know but I said sorry I’m trying to win the game. I had a little bit of a laugh and a joke with the referee afterwards saying that’s the first dive I’ve ever done can you tell?”
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                    Nobody is arguing he was a successful manager, his record is immpecable, but he last won a British trophy over 15 years ago. He is a dinosaur in terms of modern football, It says alot about the club and it's fans that they are clinging to history and seasons pasts. They are a club that was once great, but are now not.

Players attitudes have changed massively, to people like Shearer, Kenny was a guy he would have grown up to respect, he won't have the same respect from a Glen Johnson.

What about the scientific and fitness advances? I mean Jan Molby was a Dalglish fav, be funny to see how he'd get on in the modern game.

All this carry on about club culture, respect, and understanding of Liverpool football club is a joke. On one hand the fans bemoan the lack of trophies and on the other they claim that a love of the club is more important. Football is big business nowadays, there's no place for sentimentality. The fans need to decide whether they want Liverpool to challenge for titles or to continue being the sad, deluded museum to former glories that it is now becoming.
                                    Tweet from Xabi Alonso this morning:

Best of luck King Kenny!!
                                    I'd say footballers in their mid to late twenties are well aware of who Kenny Dalglish is tbh. Everyone isn't like you - some people can actually remember and appreciate stuff that happened more than five months ago.
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

@ the hypnotist/hypnotherapist beginning with Z. Zuroph?

Ever seen this?

Just on the QI I'm watching now, pretty awful stuff for the awarding universities!

Comment

This is a totally different discussion, I was referring to the comparison of his appointment to that of Shearer at Newcastle.
                                        I don't entirely disagree with you.
                                        Remember he's only there for a few months, noone's calling him to be made permanent.
                                        The club needed to get rid of Hodgson and without the right canditate available to take the job long term, some one was needed to manage the team until the club find the right man for the job.
                                        Dalglish was always going to be the obvious choice, he knows the club,the players from the first team all the way down to the young lads and won't need any time to 'settle in'.
                                        No one thinks he's going to be a great saviour, he has a basic job to do and that's improving on our league position.

Of course the club want to be challenging for titles, that's why i'm delighted they are taking their time to build a solid foundation that will take the club forward.
                                        It's too easy to scoff at Dalglishs' appointment, when in reality it's pretty logical.
                                        Last edited by dannydiamond; 08-01-11, 19:59.

Comment

Using Xabi Alonso as an example of a modern day Footballer in England is pretty hilarious.

Comment

Lenny Henry has to be the most unfunny 'comedian' ever. Thought he only got charity gigs like the red nose thing these days where nobody is going to criticise due to the nature of the shows, but BBC seem to have giving him his own show now with no dieing kids in Peru or Terminal cancer cases to overshaddow how lolbad he is!
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                              So what 20 year ago I could do the box splits. but now its my trousers that do it.

let's see what Kenny can do with the motley crew as opposed to the team he inherited last time. poor Kenny imo

have me slogan for tomorrow

Roo killed Kenny - you bastard
                                              Again, I fully expected people to jump on my post, easy when it's taken right out of context.

Comment

Danny I'm a diehard Liverpool fan, but KK's success was a long, long time ago. He inherited a team that was dominating all comers and took it from there. And he was the manager of a Blackburn team that bought the Premier League title, it's not like that was a huge achievement. The game is completely different now. He is effectively unproven.
                                                Liverpool fans need to be quiet, realise it wasn't all Hodgson and keep their fingers tightly crossed. Could get alot worse under Daglish.
                                                Dear Jesus I fucking hope not. I've always said that Hodgson inherited a squad with glaring issues, and that was before they sold his only proper defensive midfielder. But I'm really worried that Kenny won't be able to have any effect. In many ways it would have been better to leave Roy in until the end of the season, but then there would have been a huge outcry as to why they didn't spend any money in the transfer window. At least now they have an excuse.
                                                On the right track at least but you better hope you get a new manager who can work the transfer market in the Summer, that is going to be massive for you.
                                                Actually most of the current problems could be solved tomorrow by the purchase of a decent holding midfielder. We badly need a Didi Hamann type figure - that would at least stop the rot for now.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                  Is there still a list of Live tournaments floating around, the one I did for boards should be well outdated at this stage?

what's on tonight?
                                                  The updated version is here
                                                  Last time I was in the SE, just before Christmas, they had had 0 entries for the Saturday night game.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Last time I was in the SE, just before Christmas, they had had 0 entries for the Saturday night game.
                                                    Did you win?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                      Danny I'm a diehard Liverpool fan, but KK's success was a long, long time ago. He inherited a team that was dominating all comers and took it from there. And he was the manager of a Blackburn team that bought the Premier League title, it's not like that was a huge achievement. The game is completely different now. He is effectively unproven.

I wouldn't go as far to say he's unproven, going to be a risk no matter who the club appointed. I was pointing out that comparing his appointment to Shearer was just silly.
                                                      If he can get the club to finish in the top half of the table,his time will be considered a success.

Originally posted by CHD View Post

We're all well aware of that! This summer's going to be huge for the club.

Comment

A bit ridiculous to be honest. I'm have zero real life involvement in a football club but I'd have a basic idea of what fitness levels are needed to be a premiership player. Especially if I'd spent the last few years working within a Premier league team. We have a world class medical team, who early in the season told Hodgson to rest Torres despite Hodgson wanting to play him. I'm pretty sure Dalglish isn't going to be ringing up Molby and asking him what his diet was when they were planning together and then telling his players to follow it strictly. Also, Andy Carroll has been getting on well in the modern game so far.

You are right though, no place for sentimentality, Hodgson failed miserable and was rightfully sacked yet I keep hearing people whinge about how he wasn't given enough time, poor squad, he's won a LMA award zomg!!! blah blah blah. No Liverpool fan is claiming Kenny will bring Premier league titles, we just think he'll help us avoid relegation, something I and nearly all other Liverpool fans had very little confidence in Hodgson actually doing.

Comment

Also The C Kid et al - realise that Liverpool fans don't give two fucks what other fans think about our club.

The King is back. He's one of our own. Hodgson can go fuck himself along with the xenophobic English media who defended him blindly and the Liverpool haters who liked a non threatening nice guy at the helm.

If we get relegated under Dalglish, fine. At least we'll be failing on our own fucking terms.

In any case, we're on the way back. G & H fucked off back to whatever sewer they crawled out of; Hodgson out on his ear; NESV in; The King back to steady the ship; a new manager to start the rebuild in the summer; funds to spend when they arrive. By this time next year we'll have a better squad playing better football.

The night is darkest before the dawn. So stick that up your gash buddy.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ahhhh, that feels better.

Comment

Quality rant Lloyd.

The relief at Hodgsons departure is immense!
                                                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 08-01-11, 20:06.

Comment

Making CHD look sane

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                  Also The C Kid et al - realise that Liverpool fans don't give two fucks what other fans think about our club.

The King is back. He's one of our own. Hodgson can go fuck himself along with the xenophobic English media who defended him blindly and the Liverpool haters who liked a non threatening nice guy at the helm.

If we get relegated under Dalglish, fine. At least we'll be failing on our own fucking terms.

In any case, we're on the way back. G & H fucked off back to whatever sewer they crawled out of; Hodgson out on his ear; NESV in; The King back to steady the ship; a new manager to start the rebuild in the summer; funds to spend when they arrive. By this time next year we'll have a better squad playing better football.

The night is darkest before the dawn. So stick that up your gash buddy.
                                                                  Tut tut. Liverpool are Liverpool they do things their own way always have always will, fancy a trip to see Coventry Liverpool next year in Championship??

Will new owners let kenny spend in transfer window do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                    Tut tut. Liverpool are Liverpool they do things their own way always have always will, fancy a trip to see Coventry Liverpool next year in Championship??

Will new owners let kenny spend in transfer window do you think?
                                                                    I don't think so. I think Dalglish delays overhaul of the squad and that is probably one of the big reasons Hodgson was let go - he would cry blue murder to the media if he was denied funds. I reckon the logic of hiring Dalglish is that he will get more out of the present squad and lesson the chances of relegation.

Meanwhile, once a CEO is appointed they will focus on hiring the next manager before the end of the season, at which point funds will be provided to start rebuilding the squad. Dalglish is a stop gap appointment who will focus on rejigging the tactics and team selection and getting them motivated again.

As an aside - I'd go see Lee Carsley play any time buddy.

Comment

Another guy who doesn't know who Kenny is or will have no respect for him.

"Dalglish told me that we're the ones who make people's dreams come true. The fans can't play, so they live their dreams through us." - Fernando Torres

Opr

Comment

"Dalglish told me that we're the ones who make people's dreams come true. The fans can't play, so they live their dreams through us." - Fernando Torres

Opr
                                                                        I get a bit emotional when I read that.

Comment

Opr
                                                                          Awsome!

Can you imagine Hodgson motivating a player like that, like fk he would!

Comment

Opr
                                                                            Awsome!

Can you imagine Hodgson motivating a player like that, like fk he would!
                                                                            I can, tbf

"Dalglish told me that we'we the ones who make people's dweams come twue. The fans can't play, so they live theiw dweams thwough us." - Fewnando Towwes
                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Ahhhh, that feels better.
                                                                              I am partial to a good aul LuckyLloyd rant keep up the good work
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                Making CHD look sane
                                                                                ?

Also fu

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                  You're second.
                                                                                  O yeah i have to do with C kids sloppy seconds! listen Icarus, u arse a busy bee arent you, i mean you dont have to pass yourself around like the village bike, you should look yourself in the mirror and say "I Ircarus am a strong powerfulful women and dont need men exploiting me to fill fullfilled"

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                    O yeah i have to do with C kids sloppy seconds! listen Icarus, u arse a busy bee arent you, i mean you dont have to pass yourself around like the village bike, you should look yourself in the mirror and say "I Ircarus am a strong powerfulful women and dont need men exploiting me to fill fullfilled"
                                                                                    Would you please concentrate more on your typage.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                      ?

Also fu
                                                                                      In terms of football related rants...

Comment

It really is quite difficult not to burst into a Russian Dance while listening to Gogol's Bordello.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                          Would you please concentrate more on your typage.
                                                                                          sorry Kayroo

Comment

I don't think so. I think Dalglish delays overhaul of the squad and that is probably one of the big reasons Hodgson was let go - he would cry blue murder to the media if he was denied funds. I reckon the logic of hiring Dalglish is that he will get more out of the present squad and lesson the chances of relegation.
                                                                                            Yeah this. Hodgson's position became untenable when it was clear that he would not get any transfer money in this window. The plans were in place to replace him, so it would be stupid to spend money on players now when a new manager is going to come in and demand a proper war chest.

I don't honestly think Dalglish can do much, but if he can at least start playing our best players in their best positions, fix the shape of the team and drop the obviously underperforming players, we'll start climbing the table.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Opr
                                                                                              lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                In terms of football related rants...
                                                                                                In my defence Im locked for 90% of them

Comment

All the lolerpoolers have gone mad.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I'm not so sure I agree with the guys about their being no transfers. The way we are run now the whoever the manager is won't have a huge say who we buy. It will be mainly down the Comolli so we can still buy in January if he sees a player who will be of use to us. There's still huge question marks over Kenny, and a huge issue for me is how he uses Gerrard. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Im looking forward to loling hard at Lloyd when this all blows up in there faces.

Ive heard Dalglish is looking to re unite Ian Rush and Stan Collymore up front

Comment

Ct forum is just great.

Originally posted by micro_dot
                                                                                                        Why have massive potholes appeared just weeks ahead of a general election? Fixing potholes has been the number one vote getter in this country.
                                                                                                        Is this the final proof that global warming is actually weather manipulation by world governments?

Originally posted by dekbhoy
                                                                                                        Water Shortages. Could this really be happening , we have got our fare share of rain over the years , Coincidence Northern Ireland is the only part of the "uk" that dont pay water rates and can use what they want , Also major restrictions on supply on the republic , i personally thionk its all a ploy to force people to accept water charges to prevent this happening in the future.

Comment

People do reaise that Gerrard is in sharp decline and is barely 30% of the player he was 3 years ago.

Just because hes still better than those other wasters means fuck all when his on a par with Darren Gibson or Liam Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                            Im looking forward to loling hard at Lloyd when this all blows up in there faces.

Ive heard Dalglish is looking to re unite Ian Rush and Stan Collymore up front
                                                                                                            People do reaise that Gerrard is in sharp decline and is barely 30% of the player he was 3 years ago.

Just because hes still better than those other wasters means fuck all when his on a par with Darren Gibson or Liam Lawrence
                                                                                                            Lol, you're not trying hard enough Richie.

Comment

Lol, you're not trying hard enough Richie.
                                                                                                              You lot will be still saying the same shit when Gerrard is anchoring the midfield at 45 years old. hes lost it and the only way forward for lolerpool is to realise that basing there team around a once great now mediocre central midfieler is the route to obscurity

Comment

Bottom line is who gives a shit, NFL playoffs start tonight.
                                                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

You lot will be still saying the same shit when Gerrard is anchoring the midfield at 45 years old. hes lost it and the only way forward for lolerpool is to realise that basing there team around a once great now mediocre central midfieler is the route to obscurity

eh, pretty sure most Pool fans feel the same and thats why we had no clue why Hodgson persisted playing him as a CM. Try and keep up lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                    eh, pretty sure most Pool fans feel the same and thats why we had no clue why Hodgson persisted playing him as a CM. Try and keep up lad.
                                                                                                                    Hes average at best wherever you play him

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

wtf is going on in the Munster game? After Leinster trying to lose last night, this is woeful stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                                          Bottom line is who gives a shit, NFL playoffs start tonight.
                                                                                                                          This.
                                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X