Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped my labtop the other day and the whole screen is bust. There's no visible crack but clearly damage was done. Anyone know any place that fixes screens in town and how much would it be setting me back? Cheers.

Comment

Anyone whose on twitter should follow Mick Fitzgerald, @mickfitzg on there. Puts the odd horse tip up maybe once a week but they always seem to come in.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Someone or something somewhere is having a right fucking laugh.

I try to be good and give up the nags (and drink) for Jan. Get three tips over the last three days and they all win. Course I'm not on. It would drive you to drink.

Comment

Anyone know if it's possible to block calls from a specific number? Phone is an iphone4 and the service provider is vodafone, who have been of no help!
          "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
            Anyone know if it's possible to block calls from a specific number? Phone is an iphone4 and the service provider is vodafone, who have been of no help!
            jailbroken?

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
              jailbroken?

Cydia app - iBlacklist

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                jailbroken?

Cydia app - iBlacklist
                Not jailbroken.
                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Grandparents have the kiddies the weekend so me and missus Jackyback are indulging in fine dining and a couple of flicks.

What 3 flicks should i go see and in what preference as i want to avoid watching crap.
                  Tron Legacy
                  Little Fockers
                  Gullivers Travels
                  127 hours
                  The way back
                  Season of the witch
                  The Kings speech
                  Its Kind of a funny story
                  Love and other drugs
                  Next 3 days

Mucho thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                    Another great wee multiplayer game we can get into..a mix between subbuteo and air hockey.

I've created a room. You'll see it when you go in. Password: 7-2o
                    Have a spare few minutes if we can get a few together for a game?
                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Well Gullivers Travels has Jack Black in it so I'd rule that out immediately...

Comment

For anyone that is in town, and wants cheap films/games chartbusters on Talbot street are doing a closing down sale, must be thousands of dvd's and games for sale, - max price is €3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                          Grandparents have the kiddies the weekend so me and missus Jackyback are indulging in fine dining and a couple of flicks.

What 3 flicks should i go see and in what preference as i want to avoid watching crap.
                          Tron Legacy
                          Little Fockers
                          Gullivers Travels
                          127 hours
                          The way back
                          Season of the witch
                          The Kings speech
                          Love and other drugs
                          Next 3 days

Mucho thanks
                          The Kings Speech no.1 target.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Has anyone had any difficulties with moneybookers?

I'm with them about a year now. Took me about 6 weeks or so to get my limit upped for the €1k max
                            1k max???? since when is that the max, fairly sure mine is around 10k a month (not that i use it ever)

Comment

season of the with has accademy award winner Nick Cage. I would say it is terrible so probably stay home and rent con air

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Is this shit falling as snow in Carlow / Kilkenny?

Predicted snow cover at 9am tomorrow.

Opr

Comment

Is that a yes or a no for dublin?

Comment

Tron Legacy
                                    Little Fockers
                                    Gullivers Travels
                                    127 hours
                                    The way back
                                    Season of the witch
                                    The Kings speech
                                    Love and other drugs
                                    Next 3 days

Mucho thanks
                                    Tron Legacy/127 Hours/The King Speech is suppose to be decent

Its kind of a funny story looks solid, ionapaul said Love and other Drugs was decent even for a bloke and I think The Way Back could be good, Next 3 Days you could probably just wait till DVD.

Would avoid Little Fockers and Gullivers Travels plus Season of the Witch.
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Tron Legacy
                                      Little Fockers
                                      Gullivers Travels
                                      127 hours
                                      The way back
                                      Season of the witch
                                      The Kings speech
                                      Love and other drugs
                                      Next 3 days

Mucho thanks
                                      Meh to the rest. Is True Grit not in the cinema yet ?

Edit - fml its not realised till the 11th February, was going to wait and not download it but strike that idea.

Opr
                                      Last edited by Opr; 07-01-11, 16:30.

Comment

Jersey Shore delivers some lol moments the fucking trashiest trash on tv! Cccccccaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbssssssssssssss are HERE

Comment

Bald people. Simply drill lots of small holes in your skull & force Play Doh up your arse til it comes through your head, like hair.

Comment

Tron Legacy
                                            Little Fockers
                                            Gullivers Travels
                                            127 hours
                                            The way back
                                            Season of the witch
                                            The Kings speech
                                            Love and other drugs
                                            Next 3 days

Mucho thanks
                                            127 hours is a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
                                              127 hours is a masterpiece.
                                              What is this about? I've seen people mention it, but I've never heard of it. Non spoilers obv, please. In case you are amazed I haven't heard of it, I've just returned from a country where unstoppable (the Denzel Washington film) has just opened yesterday in the cinemas.

Comment

The missus would probably like Love and other Drugs - all women seem to - and she might even cry at the end of it

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                  The missus would probably like Love and other Drugs - all women seem to - and she might even cry at the end of it
                                                  Feck that sure she would cry at anything including
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  Toy Story 3 when Andy said goodbye to his toys, like wtf it's a kids film woman!!

Comment

I bought a new Sony Bravia a few months ago and a few days ago bought a HDMI to HDMI cable.

I plugged it into my lapper (Toshiba Satellite) and it worked fine.

Then last night I plugged it in and turned the tv to the HDMI setting and nothing.

I tried using a forced detection on my lapper and it wouldnt detect any output.

Anyone able to help me on this one??

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                      I bought a new Sony Bravia a few months ago and a few days ago bought a HDMI to HDMI cable.

I plugged it into my lapper (Toshiba Satellite) and it worked fine.

Then last night I plugged it in and turned the tv to the HDMI setting and nothing.

I tried using a forced detection on my lapper and it wouldnt detect any output.

Anyone able to help me on this one??
                                                      Nope but I'm having the exact same problem, have you tried a different cable? Mine used to work fine, there is not a lot of messing about you can do sadly.

Mines an older Bravia 40W5500

Edit - try this

Is there a key on your laptop to enable enable TV-Out, possible one of your F keys, if so try pressing FN & the F key
                                                      Last edited by RasTa; 07-01-11, 17:27.
                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Site is running painstakingly slow and not loads pages.

Downtown trying manually forcing it by going into something like Control Panel/Display/settings. You should find something like set to dual or main monitor or something along those lines.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                                          Hi guys,

Just got a call from a company claiming they work for windows and that my pc is full of viruses and that they want me to give them access to my pc so they can show me the problem.

I am highly suspicios of this and would appreciate your advice.
                                                          They sound african and indian.

Thanks

Send on Dom and Kev's number to them.

Cheers.

Comment

Tron Legacy
                                                            Little Fockers
                                                            Gullivers Travels
                                                            127 hours
                                                            The way back
                                                            Season of the witch
                                                            The Kings speech
                                                            Love and other drugs
                                                            Next 3 days

Mucho thanks
                                                            Saw little fockers & the fighter in the last week. Id avoid little fockers anyway and i must say that the fighter was a great film although that is not on your list.
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Didn't realise Jersey Shore was back, awesome! Something to look forward too, maybe just before T-SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRT TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                1k max???? since when is that the max, fairly sure mine is around 10k a month (not that i use it ever)
                                                                I meant from €1k max. When i signed up i was only allowed to move €1k as a combo of deposits/withdrawls until i provided proof/ID and once i provided them with all the info they needed it got increased to €5k and it's now €6k p.m afair

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  What is this about? I've seen people mention it, but I've never heard of it. Non spoilers obv, please. In case you are amazed I haven't heard of it, I've just returned from a country where unstoppable (the Denzel Washington film) has just opened yesterday in the cinemas.
                                                                  Look up the true story of Aaron Rolston. He basicaly is famous for going on a hiking trip and a boulder crushes his arm. He became a hero because he survived 4 days on one bottle of water and eventually cut off his own arm with a blunt penknife to survive. Its a film-biopic of this event. Excellent movie from one of the best directors of our time.

Comment

Been told that full functionality should be back within the hour. Apologies for this folks

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                      I installed the "microsoft anti virus thing" a few days ago, caused a minor problem which I fixed running "chkdsk /r" in recovery mode

last couple of big microsoft installs I have done caused problems
                                                                      previous problem caused a bluescreen which I also fixed with chkdsk

AndyFB would probably be able to talk you through a cleaner/safer way of fixing the problems by the sounds of it

id say between the 3 updates some crosswires happened, probably the two microsoft ones with regard to the same file/files being overwritten

although apple updates for PC can sometimes be a bit hairy (worded to stop the apple fanboys getting their knickers in a twist)

if problem seems to be only chrome

1.reinstall chrome?
                                                                      2.some clean/safe recovery program one of the lads could rec
                                                                      3.last resort chkdsk
                                                                      Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                      It sounds like it was just a concidence that you uninstalled some stuff or installed some updates before something broke. This kind of behaviour is usually memory failure. Do you know how do a memtest?
                                                                      was out all day seems to be working ok now. i'll run the memtest in a bit probably. popup came up in chrome that the user settings file was corrupt.

hopefully that was just the full problem.
                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-01-11, 19:18.

Comment

Wahey, back working!

Comment

is it fixed?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

does this mean that we won't all be moving to my new site www.angry-ball.com
                                                                            Last edited by Angry-Ball; 07-01-11, 19:39.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Thank fuck, i was about to have a panic attack.
                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
                                                                                Look up the true story of Aaron Rolston. He basicaly is famous for going on a hiking trip and a boulder crushes his arm. He became a hero because he survived 4 days on one bottle of water and eventually cut off his own arm with a blunt penknife to survive. Its a film-biopic of this event. Excellent movie from one of the best directors of our time.
                                                                                he'sa good director yes but this is nonsense

Comment

lolers

KILAT69 slot telah hadir sejak 2022 dan selalu sangat dipercaya oleh seluruh pelanggan di Indonesia. Percayakan taruhan anda langsung di link alternatif terbaik dan login Kilat69!

Comment

Apologies for the outtages everyone. Support have promised me that will be the end of them. We shall wait and see

Comment

Some joke though. Read them the riot act Kev

Comment

...
                                                                                        Senior moment - A 98 year old woman in the UK wrote this to her bank.
                                                                                        The bank manager thought it amusing enough to have it published in the Times.
                                                                                        Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for bouncing my cheque with which I endeavoured to pay my plumber last month. By my calculations, three nanoseconds must have elapsed between his presenting the cheque and the arrival in my account of the funds needed to honour it. I refer, of course, to the automatic monthly deposit of my Pension, an arrangement, which, I admit, has been in place for only thirty eight years. You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity, and also for debiting my account £30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience caused to your bank.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways. I noticed that whereas I personally attend to your telephone calls and letters, but when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity which your bank has become. From now on, I, like you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person. My mortgage and loan payments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will arrive at your bank by cheque, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee at your bank whom you must nominate. Be aware that it is an offence under the Postal Act for any other person to open such an envelope.

Please find attached an Application Contact Status which I require your chosen employee to complete. I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there is no alternative. Please note that all copies of his or her medical history must be countersigned by a Solicitor, and the mandatory details of his/her financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be accompanied by documented proof. In due course, I will issue your employee with PIN number which he/she must quote in dealings with me. I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28 digits but, again, I have modelled it on the number of button presses required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Let me level the playing field even further. When you call me, press buttons as follows:

1. To make an appointment to see me.
                                                                                        2. To query a missing payment.
                                                                                        3. To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there.
                                                                                        4. To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping.
                                                                                        5. To transfer the call to my toilet in case I am attending to nature.
                                                                                        6. To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home.
                                                                                        7. To leave a message on my computer (a password to access my computer is required.
                                                                                        A password will be communicated to you at a later date to the Authorized Contact.)
                                                                                        8. To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through to 8.
                                                                                        9. To make a general complaint or inquiry, the contact will then be put on hold, pending the attention of my automated answering service. While this may, on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration of the call.

Regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an establishment fee to cover the setting up of this new arrangement.

May I wish you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous, New Year.

Your Humble Client

(Remember: This was written by a 98 year old woman; DOESN'T SHE MAKE YOU PROUD!)

Comment

Still a bit sluggish is it?
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Feck that sure she would cry at anything including
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Toy Story 3 when Andy said goodbye to his toys, like wtf it's a kids film woman!!
                                                                                            I had to work hard not to turn in to a blubbering wreck in the cinema for Toy Story 3.Also Up gets me most times I see it which at this stage is 3 times a month.Kids films have some of the most heart wrenching scenes of cinema through the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                              Some joke though. Read them the riot act Kev
                                                                                              If things don't improve we will be considering our options closely. Hopefully it will go back to how it has been for most of the last year though and save us the bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                Just a hangover, IPB will be brand new when it finishes its fry.
                                                                                                http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                                http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

was out all day seems to be working ok now. i'll run the memtest in a bit probably. popup came up in chrome that the user settings file was corrupt.
                                                                                                  Just thinking it could also be impending hard disk failure. I'd suggest taking a backup of everything on it ASAP. and as ElShambo said, run chkdsk. If it's a memory problem and one file has become corrupt, then others might have too.
                                                                                                  last couple of big microsoft installs I have done caused problems
                                                                                                  previous problem caused a bluescreen which I also fixed with chkdsk
                                                                                                  Generally they wouldn't cause a problem per se, it's more like they expose an existing problem that you might not have noticed otherwise, by doing lots of I/O operations during the installation.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thats what she said.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      If things don't improve we will be considering our options closely. Hopefully it will go back to how it has been for most of the last year though and save us the bother.
                                                                                                      Move to ipoker imo

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Move to ipoker imo
                                                                                                        Who told this guy about our plans to set up a poker skin?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                                          Who told this guy about our plans to set up a poker skin?
                                                                                                          BlaaPoker.

Comment

BlaaPoker.
                                                                                                            CHDpoker (on ipoker of course) has a nice sound to it imo

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                                              CHDpoker (on ipoker of course) has a nice sound to it imo
                                                                                                              CHokeDherpoker.

Covers CHD and Lloyd.

Comment

lol just got texted this

Roy Hodgson - the worst pool manager since Michael Barrymore

Comment

Started to watch Community and am finding it very good, smart and funny and of coarse Alison Brie is awesome but did find this clip absolutely hilarious

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcD_Y838DXA[/ame]

Comment

Comment

so fucking frustrating!

Comment

thanks bit of god that other place is gone to shit
                                                                                                                        they are counting and everything over there now

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NUHpWg7W9I[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X