This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
    Whats with all the spurs bashing. I think that 22/1 are decent odds. they have a top class midfield (I recon best in the PML) and reasonable options up front with defoe back. If they can get some stability in the centre defence I dont see them conceding nearly as many as they have during the injury decimated first half. United, city and Chelsea all look ropey at the moment and Arsenal will suerley drop of and lose points to all the W teams at the bottom of the league. I dont think any teams including the big boys in the CL will fancy a trip to the lane either. I would love to see Abonglahor or a similarly strong centre forward picked up.
    No Spurs bashing, just can't see them getting close to winning the league. I'd be surprised if they finished within 10 points of 1st to be honest.

They've a fantastic midfield but their strikeforce is limited, this has been glossed over by Bale & VDV to a large extent but it does raise questions as to whether they can get the goals they need. As mentioned earlier their defence is rocky and their 2 best defenders miss more games than they play, Dawson has only played 8 games all season, King has played 7 and Woodgate hasn't played at all.

I just don't think that they have the squad or the wherewithal to bring home the league, and to be fair, they are priced accordingly. I don't think 22/1 represents value though, and I don't think it's a good bet.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
      wouldn't touch Spurs myself.

They've been playing at full tilt for most of the season and are 3 points behind Arsenal & 5 points behind United (Utd have a game in hand against Blackpool) and they're due a few bad results, especially once they are back playing in the CL. They've still got to go to Stamford Bridge & Anfield as well as beating United/City/Arsenal at home to have any chance.

They'll lose to United in 2 weeks which should see United 8 points ahead of them with a game in hand and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draw with Sunderland prior to the Milan game. Even if they draw with United (and United beat Blackpool) they could be 9 points behind before the Milan game itself.

In the meantime I'd expect Arsenal to draw/beat City tomorrow night and they should take 9 from 9 in their next 3 league games against West Ham/Wigan/Everton, so that could see them 6 points clear of Spurs as well.

Chelsea also have a few decent fixtures and I'd expect them to take 9 from 9 against Wolves/Blackburn/Bolton which means that Spurs could well be 3/4 points behind them by the end of January as well. I think that will force Redknapp to start thinking about his priorities and while finishing in the Top 4 will be his No. 1 goal he might start tinkering with the team a bit.

The long and the short of it is that I expect them to win the league from here far less than 1 in 23 times.

Good points . . In a season of surprises i wouldnt be putting United or Chelseas down for 3 points against some of those teams, they are not exactly hammering many teams (comparing to previous seasons) these days. If they (Spurs) purchase a couple of good squad players and a decent striker theyd have the right man in harry to keep em going . I suppose as you said they are flat out for a while now and could well start losing a few games,but If they were to beat United alot of people would change their tune regarding their chances. I reckon there will be alot more handy points given up by top teams for the rest of the season and whoever gets KoD from CL will feel the benefits big time in the league with it being as tight as it is.

The quality is there with the likes of modric, vanderV defoe , bale and lennon (sometimes) Huddlestone is up there too. If all were to stay fit id give em a shout for second at least.

then again i could be going mad from insomnia. last few zzzs were about 40 hours ago.
      You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        I don't think they will win, but I can't see them trailing off the leaders by very much as it's such a dire standard this season thus meaning they'll prob be shorter price and a potentially good trading oppurtunity. No coincidence the recent good record at the back came when Dawson returned to the side. The very nature of their football means they will conceed more than most at the
        top though. Their win against Arsenal was huge IMO, breaking that horrible run of away loses against the big sides, they're definitely getting mentally stronger.
        January will tell a lot imo, if come the middle of Feb they are still there or thereabouts then you could well be right. At some point though Chelsea & United are going to hit a bit of form and I think Spurs will struggle to stay with them, Chelsea in particular.

edit: There's a lot of truth in the bolded part mind you, but they need to keep that going and not immediately fall back into losing ways against them.
        Last edited by Iago; 04-01-11, 16:48.

Comment

Don't know why everyone is talking about going to play live poker tonight, when there is a much more appealing option available online: http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/promotions/thebteam /shill

Haven't seen Tron yet Danny, I wanted to go while down in G-town over Christmas but neither of my brothers was interested (neither saw the original, the heathens) and I didn't want to go by myself. If it is still in Cineworld I might go this week sometime. The cinema hasn't been bursting with great movies in recent months, I've been downloading old ones instead, though I thought Megamind was hilarious.

Comment

Modric flatters to deceive, a bit of a Benayoun type. Can turn it on but then goes missing a lot and he lacks composure in front of goal I'll take an aging Scholes over him every time. I heard Fergie was interested last season but that means nothing as Utd did buy Djemba Djemba and Kleberson. Spurs bite come from the Bale and VDV link this season with bit parts from any one of the other 3 rotating Let us wait and see so. Guy wanted opinions on his 22 to 1 bet. I say 33s minmium If I were a bookie I'd lay Spurs at 22 to 1 . All day. City/Spurs for the cup in my view, better bet.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                Little help BBV anybody got any recommendations on a decent set of speakers for a desktop? The one I have at the moment is ok but it has a bass box on it so when its late at night and your watching stuff can get a little noisy and wakes up my dad + the cables arent shielded so when you get something incoming on your phone you get a really annoying beeping noise on it
                I bought a few of these Creative wireless speakersto give as christmas presents and they went down very well. Sound great and integrate easily with the phone and laptops etc.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                  I heard Fergie was interested last season but that means nothing as Utd did buy Djemba Djemba and Kleberson.
                  Hmmm...

Other than Roy Keane has Fergie ever bought a central midfielder that did really well at Old Trafford?

Youth team have served Man Utd very well down the years but has Fergie ever bought a central midfielder that was consistently good over 3-5 years? Not even excellent just good.
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

wouldn't touch Spurs myself.

They've been playing at full tilt for most of the season and are 3 points behind Arsenal & 5 points behind United (Utd have a game in hand against Blackpool) and they're due a few bad results, especially once they are back playing in the CL. They've still got to go to Stamford Bridge & Anfield as well as beating United/City/Arsenal at home to have any chance.

They'll lose to United in 2 weeks which should see United 8 points ahead of them with a game in hand and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draw with Sunderland prior to the Milan game. Even if they draw with United (and United beat Blackpool) they could be 9 points behind before the Milan game itself.

In the meantime I'd expect Arsenal to draw/beat City tomorrow night and they should take 9 from 9 in their next 3 league games against West Ham/Wigan/Everton, so that could see them 6 points clear of Spurs as well.

Chelsea also have a few decent fixtures and I'd expect them to take 9 from 9 against Wolves/Blackburn/Bolton which means that Spurs could well be 3/4 points behind them by the end of January as well. I think that will force Redknapp to start thinking about his priorities and while finishing in the Top 4 will be his No. 1 goal he might start tinkering with the team a bit.

The long and the short of it is that I expect them to win the league from here far less than 1 in 23 times.
                    We will beat United on the 16th and blow the title race wide open.

Comment

Most impressive player I have seen in the premiership this season is David Silva. May fly under the radar in terms of headlines and hasn't scored many goals yet but he is what makes City tick when they play well.

Seen City loads this season and he has been a joy to watch, very clever off the ball, always looking for it never hides, beautiful passer and very unselfish.

Opr

Comment

Been thrown down sick the past while, but at least I got to finally see season 4 of The Wire. Gonna catch s.5 before I go back to work, then going to try Mad Men - have only heard good things about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          Don't know why everyone is talking about going to play live poker tonight, when there is a much more appealing option available online: http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/promotions/thebteam /shill

Haven't seen Tron yet Danny, I wanted to go while down in G-town over Christmas but neither of my brothers was interested (neither saw the original, the heathens) and I didn't want to go by myself. If it is still in Cineworld I might go this week sometime. The cinema hasn't been bursting with great movies in recent months, I've been downloading old ones instead, though I thought Megamind was hilarious.
                          Ah the shill is strong in this one

Yeah just checked there and its still in Cineworld for the next couple of days, yeah cinema has been lacking quality at the moment lot of crap in it at this present time.

Have downloaded a good few movies in the last while as well, downloaded American Beauty one day only to discover it was on the next night.

Bought some new blurays recently got Scott Pilgrim vs The World the other day and was in Blanchardstown today and bought The Losers and Carlitos Way.

Did see the cheapest bluray ive ever seen today at €5.99 was a Steven Seagal movie Driven to Kill seemed about right.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            Hmmm...

Other than Roy Keane has Fergie ever bought a central midfielder that did really well at Old Trafford?

Youth team have served Man Utd very well down the years but has Fergie ever bought a central midfielder that was consistently good over 3-5 years? Not even excellent just good.
                            Who are you saying isn't good then? They have won 3 of the last 4 titles with no midfield then? They are as good as the premier league have got. The league doesn't lie.

Comment

Modric flatters to deceive, a bit of a Benayoun type. Can turn it on but then goes missing a lot and he lacks composure in front of goal I'll take an aging Scholes over him every time. I heard Fergie was interested last season but that means nothing as Utd did buy Djemba Djemba and Kleberson. Spurs bite come from the Bale and VDV link this season with bit parts from any one of the other 3 rotating Let us wait and see so. Guy wanted opinions on his 22 to 1 bet. I say 33s minmium If I were a bookie I'd lay Spurs at 22 to 1 . All day. City/Spurs for the cup in my view, better bet.

Have you ever seen a Spurs game?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                I bought a few of these Creative wireless speakersto give as christmas presents and they went down very well. Sound great and integrate easily with the phone and laptops etc.
                                Not too sure im mad on the idea of wireless speakers. This is the one I have at the moment the speakers are small and sit perfect at the front of my tv so would like to keep something along the same lines but im open to suggestions.

Comment

Hmmm...

Ince, Argue carrick aswell (he must be doing something right)

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                    Ince, Argue carrick aswell (he must be doing something right)
                                    No way Carrick- his question was over 3-5. Hargreaves definitely would have been consistantly very good over that spell but its unfortunate he's made of thin glass.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

[QUOTE=[[B]Have you ever seen a Spurs game?[/[/B]QUOTE]

That Hoddle weren't half bad and Mabutt did the diabetics proud. I've seen Modric get rabbit eyed in front of goal many times. (insert many icons of rabbit in the headlights here to copper fasten my point)

Comment

[quote=Solskjaer;222538]
                                        Originally posted by [[B
                                        Have you ever seen a Spurs game?[/[/B]QUOTE]

That Hoddle weren't half bad and Mabutt did the diabetics proud. I've seen Modric get rabbit eyed in front of goal many times. (insert many icons of rabbit in the headlights here to copper fasten my point)
                                        LOL.

Modric is the closest midfielder to Xavi out there. Would start for any team in the world.

Comment

No way Carrick- his question was over 3-5. Hargreaves definitely would have been consistantly very good over that spell but its unfortunate he's made of thin glass.
                                          Name 5 who have been excellent in the last 3-5 years then for any team.

Comment

[quote=The C Kid;222540]

LOL.

Modric is the closest midfielder to Xavi out there. Would start for any team in the world.

Riiiiiiggggghtttt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
                                              When depositing on moneybookers should I click for gaming purposes or non gaming purposes? Obv its for poker. Just wondering...
                                              Gaming!!

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              What's the strategy for a DC?

Topup instantly?
                                              Most life places wont let you have your "second chance" until busto so it's probably better not to get it until the break if possible. Very structure dependent though.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

carrick plays 30 Leauge games a year for utd in a team that has won everything not saying he is world class but he is defo good Fergie does not play a player that much who is Below the good standard.

Comment

[quote=Solskjaer;222538]
                                                  Originally posted by [[B

Modric always gets 3 bonus points in the fantasy football and is 85 finishing in Fifa 11 . Must be doing something right. seriouly tho id take Modric over any United midfielder of the past 5 yrs in a heartbeat.

Comment

Xavi, iniesta, Lampard, Sniejder, Schweinsteiger.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Fabregas and Essien also.

Comment

Not a huge fan of usinf FF and fifa to decide on a players worth but Modric has played some lovely stuff this season. He has a great touch, excellent pass and can read the game incredible well. He has been crucial to the Spurs midfield this season and just cause he isn't banging in goals doesn't mean he has been on a bad run. just look at Rooney sure don't all you united boys still rate him

Comment

Who are you saying isn't good then? They have won 3 of the last 4 titles with no midfield then? They are as good as the premier league have got. The league doesn't lie.
                                                          Jesus, way to completely miss the point there petal.

I didn't say that they had no midfield did I? I accept that Fletcher, Scholes, et al have all done them a huge service in there. I also know they are all products of their youth system.

Anto, I forgot about Ince. Carrick I am still unsure of but that's a personal opinion and he is at least good for them.

Comment

Fabregas, Gerrard maybe. Alonso,

Comment

[quote=Solskjaer;222538]
                                                              Originally posted by [[B

Living abroad I haven't been able to see as much Premier League as I'd like, but Modric has been class every time I've seen him play. He flies under the radar a little because he's not as flash as VDV or as British as Bale, but he is quality. When he first moved to the PL he struggled a little with the physical side but he has toughened up since then.

I also wouldn't hold it against a midfielder too much if he's not scoring too many goals provided the team aren't struggling in this department. Spurs have not been exactly goal-shy this season, and Modric has been involved in creating so many of them, often not as a direct assist but as the assist for an assist.

This tilted me no end last season when the anti-Berbatov crew used to say he didn't have enough assists, when many goals were created by him, he just didn't provide the final ball.

Comment

Comparing Modric to Benayoun is lol.

Comment

I didn't even say excellent. I said good.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                    To compare them is more of a joke in fairness.
                                                                    just repeating willie.
                                                                    I think Berbs is a luxury no other team in the prem can afford, maybe he'd play well for Arsenal, maybe not. Though highly technical he moves at a more languid pace than Arsenal do when attacking.
                                                                    And Utd can only afford him when he has his sporadic great form.
                                                                    I know it's hard to argue against a player scoring a hat trick against Liverpool when you are a Utd fan, but would you not prefer a more consistent forward instead?
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                      Have been dual-using hotfile and rapidshare for the last month or so due to a mix up about rapidpoints. Get the impression that stuff downloads a lot faster from RS, think their servers are better, but there is definitely way more HF recent stuff around.
                                                                      6 minutes is the longest in living memory for me to find what I want in RS (HBO doc about Mickey Wards bro)
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Not a huge fan of usinf FF and fifa to decide on a players worth but Modric has played some lovely stuff this season. He has a great touch, excellent pass and can read the game incredible well. He has been crucial to the Spurs midfield this season and just cause he isn't banging in goals doesn't mean he has been on a bad run. just look at Rooney sure don't all you united boys still rate him
                                                                        few of my friends often make references to players in FIfa reguarding how good they are in real life. It annoys me. was a joke obv

Comment

You mean Ronaldo?

He wasn't a CM

EDIT: Full of IT with some smashing Ninja editing there.

Comment

You mean Ronaldo?

He wasn't a CM
                                                                            Yeah dont mind me, all over the place due to the non smoking, cant even read obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              just repeating willie.
                                                                              I think Berbs is a luxury no other team in the prem can afford, maybe he'd play well for Arsenal, maybe not. Though highly technical he moves at a more languid pace than Arsenal do when attacking.
                                                                              And Utd can only afford him when he has his sporadic great form.
                                                                              I know it's hard to argue against a player scoring a hat trick against Liverpool when you are a Utd fan, but would you not prefer a more consistent forward instead?
                                                                              This season is his best obviously but his form over the previous two haven't being bad enough to consider him a flop. I thought he was excellent in his first season, not so good second.

In relation to this Modric debate, Fergie was saying himself how he would love Modric at United in his programme notes last season so he is obviously a big talent. Don't agree with the Xavi comparison
                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Have only skimmed through the BBV since before xmas but has Pocketdooz posted his share picks for 2011 yet and if so can someone link it for me? Thanks

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

ugh - more snow on the way.
                                                                                    Maybe if Llyod says he believes the forcast this time it might miss us.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Only just found this now.

Good Pitchfork review of the Girl Talk album.

The simplest way to a successful and rewarding career: Find something you love doing, then get paid to do it. This is why people talk about Gregg Gillis with a tinge of envy; as Pitchfork's Ryan Dombal has said, Gillis has figured out exactly what he was put on this earth to do--transforming five decades of pop music into seamless, well-paced mixes, and then, live, turning those mixes into a sweaty, tribal celebration of pop music itself. But while 2008's Feed the Animals proved his staying power and solidified his aesthetic, there was a creeping worry that as long as Gillis stuck with this maximalist mashup thing, we'd be stuck having the same arguments for and against him over and over again. So, the question with his fifth album,All Day: In 2010, is a newly minted Girl Talk fan someone who just simply hasn't heard of him before? Or is Gillis capable of converting those still on the fence?

If there are still holdouts, the arguments against Girl Talk are getting slimmer.All Day is a reminder that, despite the number of party DJs and bedroom mashup artists, nobody does it better than Gillis; here he makes the strongest argument yet for himself as a master of his craft. Initially, Gillis comes off like he's baiting his detractors: his "legitimacy" as a DJ has been brought into question on account of having the cleanest hands of any cratedigger, but Gillis goes even more mainstream with his source material (we're talking John Lennon, the Rolling Stones, the Jackson 5...). Compared to All Day, Girl Talk's calling-card LPNight Ripper might as well be Endtroducing... And even those who've enjoyed his work will admit that it's a hell of a lot to take for extended periods of time, yet All Day clocks in at a titanic 71 minutes, almost 20 minutes longer than Animals.

Against those odds, Gillis turns these perceived weaknesses into strengths; as his most fussed-over and carefully plotted album, All Day paradoxically sounds like his most effortless. He's still operating within a "if it's not fun, why do it?" ethos, but fortunately, it doesn't have the same relentless pacing of his prior work, offering a couple of cooldown moments to collect yourself before spazzing out again (the most notable is the "Imagine"/ "One Day" comedown that closes out All Day). Which is crucial, since All Day is meant to be listened to as a whole. (Gillis admits that the seemingly arbitrary track breakdown is solely for ease of navigation.)

But if I need a five-minute fix, "Get It Get It" is the best illustration of how the roomier confines of these songs allow the samples to breathe, evolve, and take on a life of their own without wearing out their welcome. Scoff at the supposed "wackiness" of matching "Pretty Boy Swag" with "Windowlicker" and you'll miss what is arguably Gillis' most inspired musical arrangement. It's not great because of novelty, it's great because it totally makes sense-- it's almost eerie how perfectly Soulja Boy's halting cadences match Aphex Twin's fidgety programming, amplifying the implicit weirdness of the former and the skewed pop instincts of the latter. If M.I.A. realized that agit-pop is greatly enhanced with kickass guitar riffs, she might realize how perfectly tailored Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name" is for her protégé Rye Rye. Later in the track, Gillis pairs up the hyper machismo of Pitbull's "Hotel Room Service" with Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough" as a musical illustration of Girl Talk's general outlook, a unity borne of the search for hedonistic pleasure.

Befitting the party-starting functionality of All Day, it doesn't ever go into the chin-stroking appeal of obvious precedent Plunderphonics, and the samples aren't given new contexts so much as new purposes. It's pretty much impossible for "Sunshine of Your Love" to sound new, but it's a blast to drop the flower-power lyrics and have Biggie's "Nasty Boy" bring out the lurid appeal of the riffs (lolz at Eric Clapton's soloing beginning with the line "then I whipped it out"). And of course, there's the Easter eggs, the knowing winks and the in-jokes-- an instantly recognizable clip from "One More Time" sneaks in for a split second, but Daft Punk lay low for a minute or two before resurfacing for "Digital Love". Or chopping up Big Boi's "Shutterbug" to stress the line "I'm double-fisting/ If you're empty you can grab a cup." Personally, I think the funniest moment is intentionally using the commonly misheard chorus of "1901" (it's not "falling," people!) as a punctuation to Ludacris saying "how low can you go?" And the instrumental from "Mr. Big Stuff" allows the listener to clown Wale's noxious "Pretty Girls" hook without saying a word.

Yes, the headslap moments aren't completely eliminated, just far less frequent ("Jane Says"/"Teach Me How to Dougie" sticks out the most), but even the perceived "mistakes" have a plan-- at first, the indelible drum sound from "Idioteque" sounds horribly beatmatched with the Isley Brothers' "Shout", but that's just the second-long windup before hurtling into a crazed strip-club banger. And while some might see the use of the piano coda from "Layla" backing B.o.B.'s "Haterz Everywhere" as sacrilege, the two achieve a bizarre, complex harmony with each other. As far as what the use of Fugazi's "Waiting Room" as the foundation for a "Rude Boy" mashup is supposed to "mean"? I'll allow that Gillis is fucking with us sometimes.

When Girl Talk broke through in 2006 with Night Ripper, the album was often credited for reflecting the new listening habits afforded by the Internet, where long-held grudges were dropped and pop, indie rock, classic AOR, and mainstream rap were on equal playing fields. If only that were true; it's easier than ever to wall yourself off from music you dismiss on principle alone, and if we're living in a time when Arcade Fire fans don't want to have their sincerity questioned when they ride for the cause of Waka Flocka Flame or Birdman ("Wake Up" bridges the gap here between "Hard in Da Paint" and "Money to Blow"), I must've missed it.

What All Day and Girl Talk himself are nostalgic for is not a specific sound or even a specific period of time, even though Gillis' sweet spot is alt-rock and pop-rap from the 90s. It's not "hey, remember 'Thunder Kiss '65'" or, "whoa, what happened to Skee-Lo," but rather nostalgia for a time when MTV and radio were the primary methods of conveyance. They weren't perfect, but there was a certain thrill to being something of a captive audience, of letting yourself go and being impressionable for just once, finding out that "Possum Kingdom" was pretty rad while waiting for a new Beck single, that both "Flava in Ya Ear" and "Liquid Swords" were great in their own way and that your parents liked some cool shit after all once you discovered the classic rock station. It's fitting that Gillis went old-school and "released" All Day so that everyone could have it at the same time: He wants nothing more than to recapture the thrill of a true communal pop experience.

— Ian Cohen, November 29, 2010

Comment

ugh - more snow on the way.
                                                                                        Boards Weather forum says no.
                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by tonc76 View Post
                                                                                          Have only skimmed through the BBV since before xmas but has Pocketdooz posted his share picks for 2011 yet and if so can someone link it for me? Thanks

Posted his end of year, but haven't seen anything for 2011

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                                                          Portfolio is up 42% year to date.

10 Places for my money, starting now for the full year 2010 (Figures in Bold were the prices at the beginning of 2010)

1. Fresenius Medical Care (FME) - 37.50 - up 16.5% to 43.70

2. Aegis Group (AGS) - 1.17 - up 21.1% to 1.42

3. Virgin Media (VMED) - 17.12 - up 55.8% to 26.67

4. Harris and Harris (TINY) - 4.52 - up 2.4% to 4.63

5. MDC Partners (MDCA) - 8.35 - up 103.7% to 17.01

6. Publicis Groupe (PUB) - 28.67 - up 35.9% to 38.97

7. Liberty Global International (LBTYA) - 22.02 - up 60.4% to 35.33

8. Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) - 4.19 - up 37.0% to 5.74

9. Marriott International (MAR) - 27.71 - up 51.2% to 41.91

10. British Sky Broadcasting (BSY) - 5.66 - up 32.5% to 7.50

Total Portfolio increase from January 1st 2010 to December 29th 2010 was 42.0%

Compares to an increase of 11.2% for the DJIA and an increase of 11.2% for the S&P

---

€10,000 invested in the "10 Places for 2008" in January 2008 and transferred into the "10 Places for 2009" in January 2009 would have returned:

€19,880, a return of just under 100% which would be well over 100% if we included dividends.

Happy New Year to you All.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64c5vT3NBw[/ame]

Comment

Jesus, way to completely miss the point there petal.

I didn't say that they had no midfield did I? I accept that Fletcher, Scholes, et al have all done them a huge service in there. I also know they are all products of their youth system.

Anto, I forgot about Ince. Carrick I am still unsure of but that's a personal opinion and he is at least good for them.
                                                                                              it's all personal opinion dude, and you are supposed to be some kind of fekin genius, please type english,, you asked who was even good? wtf of course they are good if they win the feckin PL. Players considered good. As requested. Fletcher, Anderson, nani,
                                                                                              Carrick , park, will I go on? Fergie considers them good. I might disagree with him but
                                                                                              the PL speaks for itself. Petal? gtfo

Comment

i think Modric is good, he is just not AS good as you guys think Benyoun two season ago was playing as good if not better. imo .

Comment

Bank robbery which led to high speed chase.

Suspect has gone into nieghbourhood and is hiding out inside one of the houses

Swat team going in soon.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

it's all personal opinion dude, and you are supposed to be some kind of fekin genius, please type english,, you asked who was even good? wtf of course they are good if they win the feckin PL. Players considered good. As requested. Fletcher, Anderson, nani,
                                                                                                    Carrick , park, will I go on? Fergie considers them good. I might disagree with him but
                                                                                                    the PL speaks for itself. Petal? gtfo
                                                                                                    Carrick, Fletcher and Anderson are the only CM players in that group.
                                                                                                    Carrick and Anderson the only 2 CM that Fergie bought of that group.
                                                                                                    Anderson has been mediocre really and carried by better home grown players like Scholes, Fletcher etc.
                                                                                                    Carrick has been there for 5 years almost at this stage and hasn't really lit the place up but certainly he could be argued to be a good player for United.

The dearth of good CM's brought into United by Fergie is shown by him playing Giggs there more than once in big games to make up the deficit of skill left by the others.

Manchester United have had some top class centre midfielders in Fergie's time but, arguably, they were either legacies of former managers or products of the youth team. More power to United for having an academy capable of it!

Comment

I assumed you understood it was the PL we are talking about. but you make my point well by only including ONE.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        6 minutes is the longest in living memory for me to find what I want in RS (HBO doc about Mickey Wards bro)
                                                                                                        Ive had a lot of trouble finding stuff on RS over the years, stuff would appear on other filehosts of torrents but no RS

Comment

I assumed you understood it was the PL we are talking about. but you make my point well by only including ONE.
                                                                                                          I assumed you understood we were talking about central midfielders but we can't allow our assumptions get the better of us.

Comment

Carrick, Fletcher and Anderson are the only CM players in that group.
                                                                                                            Carrick and Anderson the only 2 CM that Fergie bought of that group.
                                                                                                            Anderson has been mediocre really and carried by better home grown players like Scholes, Fletcher etc.
                                                                                                            Carrick has been there for 5 years almost at this stage and hasn't really lit the place up but certainly he could be argued to be a good player for United.

The dearth of good CM's brought into United by Fergie is shown by him playing Giggs there more than once in big games to make up the deficit of skill left by the others.

Manchester United have had some top class centre midfielders in Fergie's time but, arguably, they were either legacies of former managers or products of the youth team. More power to United for having an academy capable of it!
                                                                                                            so in terms of the discussion as to wether Spurs are value at 22 to 1, what is your point ?
                                                                                                            I've said my opinion since the start of the season pre VDV they lack goals, . the brillaint Modric is over rated in my view. He is good but I can name 6/7 as good The Xavi comparison is the most redic I heard this year . If I wereCeltc bookmakers I'd lay the 33 on Spurs.

Comment

I assumed you understood we were talking about central midfielders but we can't allow our assumptions get the better of us.
                                                                                                              Well I overlooked that stoooopid restriction , you might as well have plumped for goalkeeper for all the revelance it made to the discussion.

Anyway off now to try to convince someone to attend the vibe with me.

LOL SPURS to win the PL imo

Comment

Homegrown Academy
                                                                                                                Homegrown Academy
                                                                                                                Given
                                                                                                                Hasn't been great for 3-5 years, in fact Madrid couldn't wait to get rid of him
                                                                                                                Homegrown Academy

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                Fabregas and Essien also.
                                                                                                                Homegrown Academy
                                                                                                                Given

not that easy really when you think about it

Comment

This is epic

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTysXITBCmk[/ame]

Comment

Happy underwhelming 1,000th post everyone

Comment

some help needed here please! when i go to jailbreak iphone 4 , its says version too new. you need to downgrade to 4.0.1/3.2.1 or earlierwhich maybe impossible????

so does this mean I just have to wait till a new version comes out !

himself is after getting a brill app for downloading movies straight on to ipod using my hotfile account!! I WANT IT!!!
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I'd pay him a few quid to follow me around narrating on what I was up to.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Homegrown Academy
                                                                                                                          Homegrown Academy
                                                                                                                          Given
                                                                                                                          Hasn't been great for 3-5 years, in fact Madrid couldn't wait to get rid of him
                                                                                                                          Homegrown Academy
                                                                                                                          Solks only asked to name 5 Cm's players that haven been consistant for 3-5 years. What's being homegrown got to do with anything?

Re Wesley, he was very good when he played for Madrid, just didn't fit into their LOL model. He's in pretty good company of players sold from Madrid that went on to florish elsewhere.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X