X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracking header.

Comment

I always assumed that the 'No to Foreign Games' was a fake photo, probably put together by a couple of freelance photographers.

Everything about it is weird, the way the guys face is conveniently covered, he's looking in a different direction to everyone else, no other photographs of him and his placard came to light, no followup interviews with the alleged idiot despite the fact that he could have become a bit famous/infamous.

Was there ever any followup information on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
        this kamal dude is the worst attempt at a 'comedy' poster ever
        Was waiting for someone to say it!

+1

Comment

Reina is a super shot stopper, I have to say after today that I don't rate him as an all around keeper but he was still man of the match. Blackburn deserved a point from that game, they were the better team by far.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            I always assumed that the 'No to Foreign Games' was a fake photo, probably put together by a couple of freelance photographers.

Everything about it is weird, the way the guys face is conveniently covered, he's looking in a different direction to everyone else, no other photographs of him and his placard came to light, no followup interviews with the alleged idiot despite the fact that he could have become a bit famous/infamous.

Was there ever any followup information on it?
            Obv fake but genius nonetheless

Just flicked over to see the bumper in Leopardstown, JP Magnier was being carried clear on the bridle 2 out with the pack going nowhere behind him and he was still trading at 8 on betfair. LOL easy money.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I am so damn hunover now its not funny. Out at 2 yesterday, home at some time past remembering (1am would be my best best).

Watching the Liverpool match on a stream wasn't the best for my head either, but at least the result helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Obv fake but genius nonetheless

Just flicked over to see the bumper in Leopardstown, JP Magnier was being carried clear on the bridle 2 out with the pack going nowhere behind him and he was still trading at 8 on betfair. LOL easy money.
                Ya bastraud!. Laying all day and the fav here was the first i backed. Noted yer man still a good price like you say but these usually fall in a big hole.
                By the way was Charles Byrnes up to more jiggery pokery with Pittoni yesterday. He definately didnt get a hard race as Russells flailing looked like subterfuge to me.

Comment

fuckin hell.

I left my house on Friday at 3pm, and went home for the weekend.

Just arrived back to the house there, had left the front door open...

3k worth of guitars and everything else I own still inside.

Northside's not all that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                    fuckin hell.

left it unlocked or actually open?

Comment

physically open.

The door was on the latch, so wouldn't close even with a gust of wind.

I'm one lucky fucker

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                        fuckin hell.

Open as in wide open or open as in not closed?
                        if it looked close then no one is going to bother about the house -
                        haven't said that i know a house with a group of girls thats been broke into 4 times this year - twice when there were people in the house

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                          Open as in wide open or open as in not closed?
                          if it looked close then no one is going to bother about the house -
                          haven't said that i know a house with a group of girls thats been broke into 4 times this year - twice when there were people in the house
                          As I was coming up the street to the house, the door was open and I thought I'd been broken into.

It was only when I got inside, and nothing was touched, that I realised that I must've left it open!

Comment

Still not picked my other horse for the $12,000 gtd on stars tonight. Anyone fancy helping a new mum stay off work a bit longer by making us both money?

Comment

@ MrsFlushdraw: Ill play! im playin the big little on tilt too.. ah go on, go on, go on!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                Where is Glasgow? I looked it up on google maps there, I'm struggling to see which part of Ireland it's in or what being Irish would have anything whatsoever to do with a derby based in that city? Guess I'm not truly Irish though, after all, I don't support a British team, so I couldn't be.
                                Cut the British shit! They are Scottish teams

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHatfield View Post
                                  @ MrsFlushdraw: Ill play! im playin the big little on tilt too.. ah go on, go on, go on!
                                  Tony and I both have a tourney chosen the same, so I am not grabbing everyone that said they would yet!

Comment

Anyone know the FT score of the Leinster Schools Senior Cup between
                                    Clongowes v St Mary's?. Cant find it anywhere online.

Edit: Clongowes 10 - Marys 9
                                    Last edited by rounders123; 28-02-10, 18:08. Reason: The treble lives

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      Cut the British shit! They are Scottish teams
                                      Scottish is British
                                      Welsh is British
                                      English is British
                                      Northern Irish is British

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Scottish is British
                                        Welsh is British
                                        English is British
                                        Northern Irish is British
                                        Now Now, don't piss me off, I am hormonal

I NEVER EVER say British and not many Scots will!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          Now Now, don't piss me off, I am hormonal

I NEVER EVER say British and not many Scots will!
                                          should have fought harder then
                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            What the hell is going on here

Opr
                                            You just got me onto errors movies and one of the first ones I ever spotted was in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts loosens Richard Gere's tie and then it shows him again and his tie is back on. I'll trawl youtube and see if I can find it, should be up there.

Went looking for it no luck yet but found this one from the same movie, huge blooper.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_np-sLaBA[/ame]
                                            Last edited by eagle eye; 28-02-10, 18:27.
                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Someone on here may know what the story is here.... my son backed 5 teams in an accumulator, 4 of them won and 1 game was postponed,....how should the bookies handle this?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                Do agree with this the way they swan into the bookies in clusters from the pub of a sunday morning like jack the lads they arent with their short back and sides haircuts wearing their prestine clean celtic shirts. Im always funking for Rangers because of them even though im not a protestant not that religion has anything to do about it.
                                                My mates Celtic season ticket, was previously 1 piece

edit: i'm a Hibs fan so more Irish than some on here it seems
                                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                  You just got me onto errors movies and one of the first ones I ever spotted was in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts loosens Richard Gere's tie and then it shows him again and his tie is back on. I'll trawl youtube and see if I can find it, should be up there.

Went looking for it no luck yet but found this one from the same movie, huge blooper.
                                                  Watch that film again, when Julia Roberts is having breakfast, theres constant continuity errors. Just watch whats in her hands/ what she's eating. I think they might have even done it on purpose!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                    Someone on here may know what the story is here.... my son backed 5 teams in an accumulator, 4 of them won and 1 game was postponed,....how should the bookies handle this?
                                                    The bet stands. The money goes on to the game that will be played. This is a prime opportunity to lay the result and create a guaranteed profit situation.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The fifth match will be void and they'll pay out on the four team accum. They might give the option of letting it ride to whenever the last game is re-scheduled if he wants to but ask to clarify.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

God Benitez gives the worst interviews ever.Never answers the question asked and looks so smug.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                          The bet stands. The money goes on to the game that will be played. This is a prime opportunity to lay the result and create a guaranteed profit situation.
                                                          Thanks,
                                                          Unfortunately it's with the local branch of Hacketts bookmakers

Comment

they will subtract the price of the one that was postponed and pay him out on the smaller price of the other 4

Comment

as above, everyone knows exactly what their Bookie will do, but it varies from situation to situation.

Nobody can answer here for certain unfortunately

Comment

Thanks,
                                                                OK, looks like different bookies do different things. If the bet stands, you know how to setup the guaranteed profit situation, right?
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

OK, looks like different bookies do different things. If the bet stands, you know how to setup the guaranteed profit situation, right?
                                                                  put loads more money on the fifth team in the bet isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                                                                    God Benitez gives the worst interviews ever.Never answers the question asked and looks so smug.
                                                                    Just looked at that now, why does he even bother doing an interview is thats all he is going to do, he just comes across as a right prick tbh.

Comment

Thanks,
                                                                      That doesn't affect the ability to lay it and guarantee money if it rides. If your son doesn't work out how to do it then there's no point explaining it as he's going to p1ss the money away on magic beans or something anyway

Comment

Just looked at that now, why does he even bother doing an interview is thats all he is going to do, he just comes across as a right prick tbh.
                                                                        Slightly biased as a Blackburn fan?

I like his interviews - he doesn't just give 'the lads done well, pleased for the fans, big 3 points, always room for improvement' meaningless answers that the majority of the managers do.

The digs at Blackburn (best footballing team in the world) sound lol.

Comment

Anyone able to do a transfer before 7.30?
                                                                          i ship $257 on stars for €188 on paddy?
                                                                          fkin waiting on a cashout to go through to moneybookers for hours

pm me if you could help

Comment

Slightly biased as a Blackburn fan?

I like his interviews - he doesn't just give 'the lads done well, pleased for the fans, big 3 points, always room for improvement' meaningless answers that the majority of the managers do.

The digs at Blackburn (best footballing team in the world) sound lol.
                                                                            No nothing biased about it. He just seems to have no respect for the interviewer or those that might want to hear from him. He just comes across as a smug prick. If thats the way he is going to act in interviews he would be better off to let somebody else do the interview or not do it all.
                                                                            If you watch Allardyce's interview he says it like it is, praises Gerard's finish for the first goal and praises Gerard, says he was unhappy with our defending for the second one and says we failed to make the most of our chances. No bull, and no disrespect.

Comment

I find allardyce an insufferable hypocritical whingebag and don't really mind Rafas interviews, to each their own I guess
                                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I find allardyce an insufferable hypocritical whingebag and don't really mind Rafas interviews, to each their own I guess
                                                                                You just hate anything in football that hasn't some Spanish flavour to it!

Comment

No nothing biased about it. He just seems to have no respect for the interviewer or those that might want to hear from him. He just comes across as a smug prick. If thats the way he is going to act in interviews he would be better off to let somebody else do the interview or not do it all.
                                                                                  If you watch Allardyce's interview he says it like it is, praises Gerard's finish for the first goal and praises Gerard, says he was unhappy with our defending for the second one and says we failed to make the most of our chances. No bull, and no disrespect.
                                                                                  To be honest I'd look at it the opposite way - theres little point in Allardyce doing interviews if he is just going to state the bleedingly obvious.
                                                                                  Rafa quite often goes off on an unexpected tangent which can backfire badly (rant against Mufc 12 months ago) or be a gem (his roundabout defence of zonal marking a few weeks ago).

I'm biased though as a Liverpool fan.

Comment

or be a gem (his roundabout defence of zonal marking a few weeks ago).
                                                                                    Link ?

I find the absence of Aquilani baffling at this stage. I mean he has been fit for quite some time now and is being afforded little or no game time. I thought he would get some kind of a run out between the match on Thursday and today.

Opr
                                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 28-02-10, 19:50.

Comment

Saying you're Irish and don't support Celtic is like saying LOL, you open limped into a pot.

Its cool now, but its wasn't three years ago when no-one knew a fucking thing about it.

Saying that, am I truly upset cos Rangers won today. Nah. Not that bothered. Would rather see Celtic lose each year, than see Kerry lose one AI final.

Anyway, bit drunk here, so not sure where this is going.

one thing I will say, Gimmeabreak was spot about that bumper winner. Never came off the bridle against a horse that looked top class when he won at Punch over xmas.

Major after timing here, but I had all 3 of W Mulllins winners in a bet today. Not major when you compare it to some of the punters on here, but happy days for me. Roll on Chelt, cant wait at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                        Saying you're Irish and don't support Celtic is like saying LOL, you open limped into a pot.

Its cool now, but its wasn't three years ago when no-one knew a fucking thing about it.
                                                                                        WTF are you on about?

Comment

Sam Allardyce is an unsufferable twat, and Rafas comments today were brilliant.

Repeatedly pressed on negative comments by Sam Allardyce before the game, Benitez replied: "We prefer to talk on the pitch.

"We can win on the pitch and enjoy. Some people have to talk before or after the press conference because it's more difficult for them to do a football job.

"I think he's a model for managers all around the world. I am sure his style of football, his behaviour - everything. It's the perfect model for all the kids.

"The style of football - I am sure Barcelona are thinking about copying the style
                                                                                          ."

Comment

From a neutral I can confirm Rafa and Allardyce are both twats.

/debate

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                              Link ?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7rFjPohp-g[/ame]

Re Aquilani I'm beginning to wonder if his chance is already gone and Rafa has decided that Aqua isn't the player he wants after all.

Comment

Im hurting a lot with accums 9 team one done yesterdat soccer/gaa 8 teams in and tipp lose to dublin its amazing really.
                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

WTF are you on about?
                                                                                                  He did say he was drunk! I like his over use of spacing between paragraphs kinda like an over cautious drunk driver trying not to make a mistake.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                    Im hurting a lot with accums 9 team one done yesterdat soccer/gaa 8 teams in and tipp lose to dublin its amazing really.
                                                                                                    Why give a bookie that many chances at your money??

Comment

WTF are you on about?
                                                                                                      Let me quess. You're Irish but you never supported Celtic because you studied the history of the game at a young age and hated the bigotry of the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                        He did say he was drunk! I like his over use of spacing between paragraphs kinda like an over cautious drunk driver trying not to make a mistake.
                                                                                                        LOL.

Then get home and try to turn off the headlights, only to realise they were never on.

Comment

You're Irish but you never supported Celtic
                                                                                                          Oxymoron, can only assume this is some kind of typo?
                                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

moron
                                                                                                            Lets quote a bit of each other's posts here.

Comment

Anyone else pumped for the Ice Hockey final?
                                                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 28-02-10, 20:12.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Saying that, am I truly upset cos Rangers won today. Nah. Not that bothered. Would rather see Celtic lose each year, than see Kerry lose one AI final.
                                                                                                                Its for moments of genius like this that we need a Post Of The Day Week Month or Whenever feature

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                  same ere
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                  Why give a bookie that many chances at your money??
                                                                                                                  Cos we're sick and like to win big...never happens though
                                                                                                                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                    Anyone else pumped for the Ice Hockey final?
                                                                                                                    What time is it on? Channel?

Comment

Let me quess. You're Irish but you never supported Celtic because you studied the history of the game at a young age and hated the bigotry of the whole thing.
                                                                                                                      LOL good guess. Either that or I was raised protestant, so I have a keen hatred for anything that perpetuates the blind bigotry that filled my childhood. You decide.

Comment

Just made the stupidest poker move ever because I wasn't concentrating. Only cost me $35 but I feel like a right idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                                                          What time is it on? Channel?
                                                                                                                          Now BBC2
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X