Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers kicking lumps out of Robbie Keane in the first few minutes of the old firm game

Comment

See matt perrins is the only uk&ire player in day 3 of ipt san remo, 45 players, sick crew of young players they got goin on in manchester.

Comment

Watched From Paris with Love last night, it is so bad its hilarious. A must watch IMO!
        http://mobro.co/zuroph
        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
          Stats mean nothing. You clearly don't have enough hands on the guy if he hasn't even 3bet once.
          Personally I wouldn't be getting involved there, its 8 handed and you have plenty of chips at that stage. I prefer to steal than play big pots.
          Eagle eye, this is tripe tbh. I've been at the table with the guy for 91 hands. It's almost a full SnG. In this format when blinds/pots are massive and people are trying to climb up the money ladder the stats means an awful lot. Once you get ~100 hands on an opponent in a particular tournament, particularly towards the latter stages, stats can tell a lot about a players tendancies.

If i had another 500 hands, that would be great, but the stats are very useful. My push was a steal? I'm trying to take down over 400k preflop and hoping to have a lot of fold equity, and also some equity against his calling range. Re-stealing is more valuable than blind stealing

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
            Pretty close spot. I think folding is fine obviously but shoving here looks okay too, plenty of fold equity and probably ~30% equity versus his calling range. People tend to look up the bb lighter though so I'd prefer if you were in the co or button doing this. Also looking at the table, looks like you had 3-4 tight players on your left, seems like a decent spot to rob plenty of blinds when folded to you so that might actually lean me to a fold here.
            Cheers suilen (damn you changing your name!). It's been a while since i went this deep in a 5000+ player plus tournament and played blinds this big. When blinds were 30k/60k, a raise to 125.5k was doing the business, and at this level, 168.8k was working so maybe i was better off folding here and just stealing from the tight players to my left.

I did think he would fold a lot of hands. None of the top 5%, but maybe some smaller pairs which would be a result. I wasn't too active preflop, but was picking spots. I do think all things considered, this was a bad spot to pick.

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
            Tbh seems a dreadful push.
            Originally posted by jbravado View Post
            Id muck this pretty quick tbh Tdawg.
            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Moment of insanty IMO
            Was hoping it was a bit closer than this, but i guess i did have a big enough stack to fold and find ma better +EV spots to get my chips in.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Eagle eye, this is tripe tbh. I've been at the table with the guy for 91 hands. It's almost a full SnG. In this format when blinds/pots are massive and people are trying to climb up the money ladder the stats means an awful lot. Once you get ~100 hands on an opponent in a particular tournament, particularly towards the latter stages, stats can tell a lot about a players tendancies.

If i had another 500 hands, that would be great, but the stats are very useful. My push was a steal? I'm trying to take down over 400k preflop and hoping to have a lot of fold equity, and also some equity against his calling range. Re-stealing is more valuable than blind stealing
              Of course re-stealing is more valuable, I'm just saying I prefer to steal than get involved in big pots.
              91 hands isn't nearly enough to have anywhere near enough certainty about your opponent but even if you want to use them the guy looks like a station so you are getting called more often than you are not by the looks of them stats and it doesn't appear that he is raising that often either so I would give him credit for a decent holding.
              Last edited by eagle eye; 28-02-10, 13:27.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

what did he have Tony?

anyone see the stoke goal yesterday - would you say that was direct from a delap throw or not?

Comment

I agree that its a very marginal shove, the kind I make to often and usually regret

But there is a really interesting question here and that is on how best to use HEM for tournaments.
                  I have to say I'm really struggling with it and I'm not sure that they are having a good effect on my game. I reinstalled windows last week and I'm going to try a few weeks hudless.
                  While it seems that all the top players are using HEM for mtt's and stt's I can't find any good guides to using them.
                  A big problem for me is trying to figure out what the stats are saying when you are drawing them in from different phases of a tournament where styles vary hugely. This gets worse the more hands you have on someone - did you meet them five times while playing deep and their rock like figures are no reflection of how they have played the last 50 hands we are playing with them in a different phase of a different type of tourney.

It would be great if we could get one of the good tourney players to do up a guide to how to get the best out of HEM.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This gets worse the more hands you have on someone - did you meet them five times while playing deep and their rock like figures are no reflection of how they have played the last 50 hands we are playing with them in a different phase of a different type of tourney.

It would be great if we could get one of the good tourney players to do up a guide to how to get the best out of HEM.
                    You could have it only display stats from the current level. But you need a LOT of history with a player to make them anyway meaningful.

For what it's worth I will be going hudless in the BLT on ftp later. It won't help me at all vs. 20k other players.
                    Last edited by bp_me; 28-02-10, 13:39.
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGSXMuWMR4[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Celtic under a lot of pressure now

Comment

ugh rangers are destroyin them - celtic down to 10 now (terrible sending off)

Comment

Everything about that sending off is ridiculous.
                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

dreadful decision to send off Celtics , Browne

Comment

Hahaha brilliant

Comment

Rooney benched, Owen and Berbatov start up front for United

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    Very rough calc:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

1,479,430,656 games 1.781 secs 830,674,147 games/sec

Board:
                                    Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                                    Hand 0: 73.566% 71.73% 01.83% 1061225208 27139374.00 { 99+, ATs+, AJo+ }
                                    Hand 1: 26.434% 24.60% 01.83% 363926700 27139374.00 { A8o }

Assuming hes opening say 20% then he's folding 2/3 of the time, so

EV when he folds: [0.66*424k] - EV when he calls: [.33{(0.26*2084k) -(0.74*1703k)}]

= 280k - .33[532k - 1260k]

=280k - 240k

= 40k
                                    Cheers zuutroy. I think that's a pretty good calling range, but i think he might have called maybe 55+. A couple of orbits ago with blinds 25k/50k, it was folded to the button who shipped for 450k and i called with A4o which was god against his 109s.

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                    what did he have Tony?
                                    He only had the Aces.

I agree that its a very marginal shove, the kind I make to often and usually regret

But there is a really interesting question here and that is on how best to use HEM for tournaments.
                                    I have to say I'm really struggling with it and I'm not sure that they are having a good effect on my game. I reinstalled windows last week and I'm going to try a few weeks hudless.
                                    While it seems that all the top players are using HEM for mtt's and stt's I can't find any good guides to using them.
                                    A big problem for me is trying to figure out what the stats are saying when you are drawing them in from different phases of a tournament where styles vary hugely. This gets worse the more hands you have on someone - did you meet them five times while playing deep and their rock like figures are no reflection of how they have played the last 50 hands we are playing with them in a different phase of a different type of tourney.

I've put this question to few players on here before, and found that Jude Ainsworth using HEM for his MTTs and finds then invaluable. I actually rarerly use it for MTTS and only decided to stick it on because i was deep in 4 tournaments and decided that it could be helpful.

You really need to take notes on players and use it along with stats. Having Top Shark stats/OPR is important too so it's sort of a 3way thing in order to build a player profile. If playing the <$55 MTTS, you'll come across so many players, that you probably wont meet >90% of them again so maybe focus on players with a decent VIP status.

If you get deep, you can dig a bit more but i'd also be inerested in seeing a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      Just watched Gran Torino. Really can't believe it was so well received. The very definition of schmaltzy. Character progression was lol and the acting was dire in parts (wtf @ Clint growling?). OK at best overall.
                                      Its such a dreadful movie, like you couldnt understand all the hype about it.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

i reckon the best players aren't using any software.

whatever about cashgames its probably essential, but in mtts when the blinds are increasing, money bubbles etc it gives people false ideas imo.

personally if some randomer is making it a full 3x i wouldnt shove 20+ blinds over them with A8 unless ive seen them 3x fold or 3x light.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                          Heading to Old Trafford for the Fulham game 2 weeks today. Flying into Liverpool on the Saturday and back on the Sunday so need somewhere to stay Saturday night. Were would people recommend in either city?
                                          stayed in this b&b in liverpool 2 years ago, http://www.hostelworld.com/availabil...iverpool/23234

lovely family, massive room, think it was like £3 bus fare back to the airport.

Comment

poxy poxy fcuking rangers,

Comment

what would be the adviced split, percentage wise if i played a IO sattelite for someone and they play the IO. I would tought 50/50? he says 90/10 his favour.??

what you people think?

Comment

Just posted this in the cousins forum, may be of interest to those who watched The Wire

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...0801#post20801
                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Rooney benched, Owen and Berbatov start up front for United
                                                  Minor match, big game is Liverpool vs Blackburn. Premier League is much more important.
                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Minor match, big game is Liverpool vs Blackburn. Premier League is much more important.

agreed, minor when you wouldn't be involved.......bet you'd like to be though

Comment

There's no better or funnier sight in football than seeing Rangers beat Celtic
                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I've put this question to few players on here before, and found that Jude Ainsworth using HEM for his MTTs and finds then invaluable. I actually rarerly use it for MTTS and only decided to stick it on because i was deep in 4 tournaments and decided that it could be helpful.

You really need to take notes on players and use it along with stats. Having Top Shark stats/OPR is important too so it's sort of a 3way thing in order to build a player profile. If playing the <$55 MTTS, you'll come across so many players, that you probably wont meet >90% of them again so maybe focus on players with a decent VIP status.

If you get deep, you can dig a bit more but i'd also be inerested in seeing a guide.
                                                        I used it quite a lot, for somebody like Jude its worthwhile as he would have a thousands of hands for every reg.
                                                        I think you need at least 500 hands for it to be in anyway worthwhile though and thats taken from my own experience of getting it horribly wrong too often against players with less hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                          why?

Comment

why do you say that then.....would love to know your reasons

Comment

why?
                                                              Because Celtic are the most detestable and loathsome club in world football and Celtic 'fans' are the most irritating I've ever met? In my opinion obviously, generalisations ftw
                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                agreed, minor when you wouldn't be involved.......bet you'd like to be though
                                                                A small club like mine would love to win it obviously as there would be a Europa Cup place out of it but its meaningless now as both clubs are deffo in Europe. Villa want to get into the Champion's League so its only about the League Cup which isn't really a big deal.
                                                                Its become a farce in recent times, second teams being played in the earlier rounds and all that. You can even see that Ferguson doesn't give a hoot about it when he is benching Rooney.

Comment

Because Celtic are the most detestable and loathsome club in world football and Celtic 'fans' are the most irritating I've ever met? In my opinion obviously, generalisations ftw

obviously a level

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    This is the best online pool/snooker game I have ever played.

Opr
                                                                    this is actually really good.

Comment

obviously a level
                                                                      Why would it be a level? Disagree by all means, but it's not a level

Comment

Brag: 29 today
                                                                        Brag: going to FXB's for dinner
                                                                        Possible beat: no reservation

Variance: will be drunk anyway.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Why would it be a level? Disagree by all means, but it's not a level
                                                                          If you're truly Irish go read your history. How anyone Irish would want to see a bigoted club like Rangers win is to me unbelievable. OK to support any other team to win against Celtic but how can you support Rangers.

I'm out of this now

Comment

If you're truly Irish go read your history. How anyone Irish would want to see a bigoted club like Rangers win is to me unbelievable. OK to support any other team to win against Celtic but how can you support Rangers.

I'm out of this now
                                                                            Why would being Irish have anything to do with two random British clubs? I am truly Irish, and the fact that you'd use a phrase like "if you're truly Irish" when talking about British Celtic sums up every reason I can't stand that club.

Comment

I support United but Vidic should be off

Comment

and Celtic 'fans' are the most irritating I've ever met? In my opinion obviously, generalisations ftw
                                                                                Do agree with this the way they swan into the bookies in clusters from the pub of a sunday morning like jack the lads they arent with their short back and sides haircuts wearing their prestine clean celtic shirts. Im always funking for Rangers because of them even though im not a protestant not that religion has anything to do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                                                  what would be the adviced split, percentage wise if i played a IO sattelite for someone and they play the IO. I would tought 50/50? he says 90/10 his favour.??

what you people think?
                                                                                  i think if you got 80/20 in his favor you would be doing well - this is taking into consideration that the prizpool/time commitment/standard of play will be greater in the IO.

Comment

Why would being Irish have anything to do with two random British clubs? I am truly Irish, and the fact that you'd use a phrase like "if you're truly Irish" when talking about British Celtic sums up every reason I can't stand that club.
                                                                                    learn your facts before shooting from the hip

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                      Do agree with this the way they swan into the bookies in clusters from the pub of a sunday morning like jack the lads they arent with their short back and sides haircuts wearing their prestine clean celtic shirts. Im always funking for Rangers because of them even though im not a protestant not that religion has anything to do about it.
                                                                                      but thats what started it

Comment

If you're truly Irish
                                                                                        lol

Comment

learn your facts before shooting from the hip
                                                                                          Where is Glasgow? I looked it up on google maps there, I'm struggling to see which part of Ireland it's in or what being Irish would have anything whatsoever to do with a derby based in that city? Guess I'm not truly Irish though, after all, I don't support a British team, so I couldn't be.

Comment

but thats what started it
                                                                                            Never in my eyes. Anyway go on United!

Comment

+ 1

Being Irish has nothing to do with supporting Celtic - In fact if you go down that road why dont you support Hibs?? they were founded before Celtic and have just as much "irish tradition" just without the success that seem to draw the attention of seemingly patriotic scums

Comment

Where is Glasgow? I looked it up on google maps there, I'm struggling to see which part of Ireland it's in or what being Irish would have anything whatsoever to do with a derby based in that city? Guess I'm not truly Irish though, after all, I don't support a British team, so I couldn't be.

well if you needed to do that it explains your level of intelligence

Comment

well if you needed to do that it explains your level of intelligence
                                                                                                  True because I genuinely had no idea where it was and needed the clarification that Google maps would bring, good work

Comment

So much LOL so little time

You should go up to the biggest hardcore GAA head you know and explain to him how he is not truly Irish unless he supports celtic(best if he has a few pints in him)

Celtic milk the Orish thing for every penny they can and NEVER put a thing into Irish football

Even the Statue outside celtic park of the Irish lad who founded celtic was paid for by irish lads not celtic
                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 28-02-10, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                      So much LOL so little time

Celtic milk the Orish thing for every penny they can and NEVER put a thing into Irish football

Even the Statue outside celtic park of the Irish lad who founded celtic was paid for by irish lads not celtic
                                                                                                      they also stole all of the Hibs (original irish club in scotland) players when Celtic was founded

Comment

I know nothing and care less about Scottish soccer but everytime I see a celtic jersey I feel ashamed to be Irish.

Comment

I know nothing and care less about Scottish soccer but everytime I see a celtic jersey I feel ashamed to be Irish.
                                                                                                          you playin the SE later?
                                                                                                          might just wear one to annoy ya

Comment

I can't believe(well actually I can) that Rovers didn't get the penalty at the end of the half, its just the usual bull when a big four team are playing an ordinary team. Its quite clear that Kalinic was pushed to the ground.

Overall Blackburn do not deserve to be behind, both teams playing well.

Comment

I can't believe(well actually I can) that Rovers didn't get the penalty at the end of the half, its just the usual bull when a big four team are playing an ordinary team. Its quite clear that Kalinic was pushed to the ground.
                                                                                                              LOL
                                                                                                              Touched him didnt push him, it was a DIVE!
                                                                                                              He was offside!

Comment

Comment

What the hell is going on here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq5-6PkVGCg[/ame]

Opr

Comment

you playin the SE later?
                                                                                                                    might just wear one to annoy ya
                                                                                                                    LOL Despite their common ownership, you won't be let in wearing one

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      What the hell is going on here

Opr
                                                                                                                      lol great spot. Pity MJ Fox had to go and pretend he has Parkinsons.

Comment

this kamal dude is the worst attempt at a 'comedy' poster ever

Originally posted by kamal al jabar
                                                                                                                        women are so important in our society, after all who would do the cooking and cleaning if they werent here
                                                                                                                        whats on there today?

kamal

its very hot in the cave, i hope the club has fixed the heating problems
                                                                                                                        Kamal
                                                                                                                        Mossad gave me a passport, but i think its forged, the picture came loose today
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by kamal al jabar View Post
                                                                                                                        i have spoken

Kamal
                                                                                                                        my cave is deep, your smart bombs are useless against me

Comment

get in there Roooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnney

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X