This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Essentially half of what they were just five years ago. Its such a good news story. Don't rate Noel Dempsey at all, but there are more people alive thanks to him which is some legacy imo.
    A cmon. The reduction is mainly due to less motorists on the roads. Haven't seen any figures on it. Though I spend 50 hours a week on the road, and it certainly 'looks' like there's about half the traffic on the roads now, compared with 5 years ago (not very scientific, I know)
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by cman24687 View Post
      hi guys

im the guy from 2p2 that was hacked.

i see thats theres some suspicion that i may have done this myself whilst drunk or somthing like that. i can assure you that is not the case.

paddy power already confirmed to me on the phone that the IP address was outside ireland and that they are investigating that matter. i have looked at the hand historys in HEM and it doesnt look to me that they hacker and they guy who won the money where in cohoots but they will check this out fully and make sure.

all i can say is FML!
      I would have a look at some of the other accounts that are big losers to him as from a quick glance (Shewti, noth1stime etc) they seem to have had big losing days that seem out of character but I can't check on PTR if they involved him on those particular days. Maybe just get the site to check that those accounts haven't also made complaints in the past about being hacked.

Best of luck and hope you get the money back.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
        A cmon. The reduction is mainly due to less motorists on the roads. Haven't seen any figures on it. Though I spend 50 hours a week on the road, and it certainly 'looks' like there's about half the traffic on the roads now, compared with 5 years ago (not very scientific, I know)
        The relatively rapid roll out of motorways over the last few years (with many opening over the last 2-3) is likely to have been the largest single influence but it is important not to discount the incredible pace both active and passive safety systems have moved at over the past 15 years.
        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
          The relatively rapid roll out of motorways over the last few years (with many opening over the last 2-3) is likely to have been the largest single influence but it is important not to discount the incredible pace both active and passive safety systems have moved at over the past 15 years.
          Yeah it's obviously a multi factorial result. I just don't see how Noel Dempsey should be commended for it. Surely all those roads were nearly finished by the time he came to be minister?

Comment

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

I've been enjoying my bottles of miller since about 7, no probs there. At about 9 my fatherinlaw opens a bottle of Middleton which would be rude to refuse, so I have a couple with him to be polite and all, I must say they were very nice.

10 bells rolls around and we begin a succession of ringing in the new year with various family members in Minsk and Kiev via skype, each which has to be occompanied with a full glass of champagne.
            In fairness, it's been great even with my limited russian.

The miller isn't mixing well with the champagne though and 12 o'clock is fast approaching, the family in Belarus and Ukraine have promised to share more new years celebrations with us.

I'm beginning to feel quite ill.

Happy new year to you all, you're a great bunch and thanks for having me.
            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Yeah it's obviously a multi factorial result. I just don't see how Noel Dempsey should be commended for it. Surely all those roads were nearly finished by the time he came to be minister?
              Well a significant number only finished this year (M50 upgrades, M9, M6, M.. whatever goes to navan though I presume this one will continue further). And work continues on a few others. On the same topic the M7 from the M9 intersection really could do with a 3rd lane as volumes seem to be getting heavier every time I use that section of road.

I can't really speak for when the tendering process on any of those roads was completed but I'm sure the information is on the NRA website if anyone wants to look it up.

It's nice to finally have something approaching a modern motorway network, but like that famous election slogan.... a lot done, a lot more to do.
              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I ain't posting nothing till next year.

Happy New Year dudes and dudesses.
                  One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Good riddance 2010.

Comment

Happy new year folks!

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-01-11, 00:15.

Comment

Hootenanny! was loving this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2QKWePyS7w[/ame]
                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

think we're getting into the arena of never thanking anyone for their achievements and only blaming them for them failures. Could list a hundred things that Dempsey has done wrong, but he has genuinely saved lives (he isn't running at the next election, so it isn't in any way political)
                            Meh, I'm in a glass half empty kind of mood.
                            Just don't see how someone who came into position in 1997 should be applauded for the reduction in accidents happening in 2010. What's the correlation? What piece of legislation did he ever bring into effect? Doubt it's all the provisional drivers being accompanied (and they're not) which has caused the reduction.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Y-t85vs4g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Y-t85vs4g[/ame]
                              One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-01-11, 00:37.

Comment

Comment

in relation to all above posts, think am a bit drunk!
                                    It's the coke and hookers/lapdancers I'm missing already

Comment

Am i the only one here that fears for the well being and future of HH's unborn child.

Comment

HH I think the Voodoo's open tonight.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Also, Kylie Minogue sitting on a grand piano is not the worst thing I ever had to look at.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Happy new year everyone. Hopefully 2011 will be better for a lot of people
                                            ...... Have to say jools holland is the nuts....... Colette & Martin

what with C-LO and those gnashers and the CATastrophone..... jaysus
                                            Last edited by smurph; 01-01-11, 01:12.
                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                              Also, Kylie Minogue sitting on a grand piano is not the worst thing I ever had to look at.
                                              Could you not post a photo? I'm all tired out googling and wiikiing, vegetables, fruits, and FF politicians.

If HH is willing to head for the Voodoo, I may be able to make it there

Comment

Jools Holland never lets me down for a great show !!
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Could you not post a photo? I'm all tired out googling and wiikiing, vegetables, fruits, and FF politicians.

If HH is willing to head for the Voodoo, I may be able to make it there
                                                  Here you go... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Also I couldn't get over Alison Moyet.... Looks good,... Martin
                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                    Also I couldn't get over Alison Moyet.... Looks good,...
                                                    Oh my, she's lost a few kilos. Always liked her anyway, spent ages trying to find 'Upstairs at Eric's' a while back

Comment

All gone to bed, time for a movie...i have been putting off Flags Of Our Fathers forever....No better time !!
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I love this thread.Happy new year to ye all.I think I'm close to becoming a raving alcoholic because of Blue Moon and Tyskie that I've never touched before they were recommended here.I'd have said 2010 was Annus Horriblilis because of a big downswing in the latter part of the year that had things fairly tight.Having said my family is healthy so a little run good and all will be rosy I'm sure.

My sincerest wishes go out Raoull and anyone else suffering any emotional or other hardship this season.

Comment

Happy New Year degens. May all my friends enjoy massive upswings in 2011 (and may my enemies go busto )
                                                          My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Blwyddyn newydd dda

Happy new year

Find out the language!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              All gone to bed, time for a movie...i have been putting off Flags Of Our Fathers forever....No better time !!
                                                              Wow...fantastic and brillient, great start to the year if i do say so myself !
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

happy new xmas

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzhzU2WUHJ4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM5fQGzdD0E[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3L2_Z2V2tg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                      I dont think you posted that video on youtube but for bringing that video to irish poker boards you are fucking legend end of!

I've just watched all 8 minutes and 46 seconds of the video and it is fucking deadly!

Comment

Nofucking running water. Third world country!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                          Nofucking running water. Third world country!
                                                                          honestly I think we need to give the council etc a break i know they are lazy bastards and all but not enen those lazt cunts can stop the pipes burstings

Comment

Yeah but I'm shitfaced and need warr

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              Yeah but I'm shitfaced and need warr
                                                                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIqxuygWwM[/ame]

Comment

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have the wire box set. season 1 works no problem. season2. first dvd works no problem. second dvd was a bit shaky at the start but worked once it got started. 3rd dvd wont even start. I dont know what the fuck is going on. It was a xmas gift so hasnt been used before. WTF is going on like?

edit:
                                                                                I realise ye are all lashed tonight but this is what is coming up when i play it.

Error PL4013: Playback failed due to a problem with the video subsystem. You may be using an unsupported display mode or your system may not have a working decoder installed. Please ensure that your DVD decoder is functioning properly by launching it from Start | Programs. Click “Help Online” for details on how to correct this problem.

When I play it with another player it freezes within a few minutes of playing.
                                                                                Last edited by shano_88; 01-01-11, 04:55.

Comment

Even in my drunken state this song anf video deserves some love

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjecYugTbIQ&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Think im immune to vodka, happy new year bitches
                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

k so stayed in and finally went out (well dragged out) at 3am. Lemsip every 3 hours, stupid I know, then drinking is mad.

I feel stonunk.

Stoned and drunk.

Woah.

Comment

meh, we'll assume a nap as would be a shame to throw the drink away. Wonder if the gf will kill me if i take our level 20 druid on WoW out for a walk. She's so protective of hiim! and we have worked so hard to get him to level 20. Was chatting to her last night about how we will raise the kid - stuff like whenever he slaughters an animal or gathers herbs we will show his progress in purple experience points (e.g. herb gathering +140 experience). Think might have been a bit drunk tbh. Also you've probably had to have played WoW to know what this means.
                                                                                            You are in Dublin right?

Lets go drinking, you fucking mad yoke.

EDIT - your a quitter actually, meh. RIP.
                                                                                            Last edited by CHDad; 01-01-11, 08:12.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You find the early pub and i'll be there!

Actually that could be kinda fun; would there be anywhere open?
                                                                                                  I dunno, is there? Towns all the way up there. Go to Bray.

Comment

It is exactly:

357 days, 15 hours, 30 minutes and 18 seconds
                                                                                                    until Christmas Day 2011!
                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      It is exactly:

357 days, 15 hours, 30 minutes and 18 seconds
                                                                                                      until Christmas Day 2011!
                                                                                                      Ok its not a fail.

I originally said fail.

So I fail.

I'm a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Ok its not a fail.

I originally said fail.

So I fail.

I'm a failure.
                                                                                                        We believe in you.

Comment

We believe in you.
                                                                                                          Who is we.

Comment

Who is we.
                                                                                                            That is the question 'THEY' want you to ask.

Comment

...

Comment

That is the question 'THEY' want you to ask.
                                                                                                                Icky I want a bacon double cheeseburger.

I love twitter, Went through my mentions tab on it for the year, Football Weekly people have answered questions I have asked, Lord Sugar has called me a tw.. (twat I think, and hope) Piers Morgan has responded to me before and I had a back and forth with that Paul Gogarty TD gobshite who admitted he is prob a waster and will get a job in media when he isnt re elected.

All in 140 characters or less.

Trolling celebs ftw.

Comment

Can't really go out to Bray unless there is a guaranteed early house - need a weblink!
                                                                                                                  There was one in the dart station, no idea if there is another one and google says nothing.

Comment

Icky I want a bacon double cheeseburger.

I love twitter, Went through my mentions tab on it for the year, Football Weekly people have answered questions I have asked, Lord Sugar has called me a tw.. (twat I think, and hope) Piers Morgan has responded to me before and I had a back and forth with that Paul Gogarty TD gobshite who admitted he is prob a waster and will get a job in media when he isnt re elected.

All in 140 characters or less.

Trolling celebs ftw.
                                                                                                                    I've replied quite a few times too.

Comment

I've replied quite a few times too.
                                                                                                                      No you haven't.

Come up with a witty one liner or something Icky

Comment

...

Comment

No you haven't.

Come up with a witty one liner or something Icky
                                                                                                                          No.You're gay.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X