X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Are you from Texas?
    lol no. That second story reads a bit stranger than it seemed at the time tbh - but it is not embellished - unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
      Whoever beats Taylor will need to average about 103 or more with a decent double percentage as well.
      Its unlikely the averages needed to beat Taylor in a best of 11 or 13 game will be that high.

Its more likely that if someone beats him they'll average mid90s and Taylor maybe 3/4/5 points more - the important thing against Taylor is just to win the legs you can win and not bottle the doubles.

If Taylor is on a 1 darter after 9 and you are stuck in the 300s theres little point in throwing a 180 as its just an artificial enhancer of averages. Save it for the legs that matter. If you are 2-0 down in a set he started it then relax, throw fun darts, and save it for the next set.

Thats how Part beat him with 97 (Taylor 100), Barney with 100 (v 103) ; and Painter with a measly 91 average nearly did it perfectly.

Comment

Anyone have a price on Hodgson being back on the old age pension tomorrow/Rafa getting hid old job back?
        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

when my daughter chanel was 4, my mam was hanging washing on the line and chanel was playing in the garden.

chanel says " aw nanny look" my man turned around dropped everything and nearly fainted as chanel had a live huge rat on a her shoulder snuggled into her and she was rubbing it like a pet kitten

so my mam knew she had better not panic and told her to put it down very gently which thank god she did!

im presuming as my daughter showed no fear while picking it up , it didnt have a problem

thank god i wasnt there , can u imagine!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
            I once cut a moving rat in half with an axe. He ran out of a pile of timber I was chopping. I probably rate it in the top 5 things I've done in my life.

When I was about 12 or 13 the old man saw a rat outside. Instead of getting a trap, or posion like a normal person he got a glass cereal bowl and put some cereal in it and placed it between the wall at the back of the house and the shed - roughly 10-12 feet from the kitchen window. Then he went in and loaded the shotgun, stuck it out the window and waited like fucking jude law in enemy at the gates. Sure enough,within the hour, along came the rat. Old man blows him to bits - literally. Frightened the life out of the grandmother in the front room who had no idea a shotgun was about to be discharged in the next room. The mother went nuts when she realized her valued cereal bowl was collateral damage in the attack. The door of the shed and the back wall were covered in blood and guts. I had to clean that shit up. I always think of it when I see Jules and Vincent cleaning up Marvins brains in Pulp Fiction. I was unfamiliar with the acronym FML at the time but pretty sure thats what I was feeling
            Fucking brilliant
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
              Anyone have a price on Hodgson being back on the old age pension tomorrow/Rafa getting hid old job back?
              lots/1

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Its unlikely the averages needed to beat Taylor in a best of 11 or 13 game will be that high.

Its more likely that if someone beats him they'll average mid90s and Taylor maybe 3/4/5 points more - the important thing against Taylor is just to win the legs you can win and not bottle the doubles.

If Taylor is on a 1 darter after 9 and you are stuck in the 300s theres little point in throwing a 180 as its just an artificial enhancer of averages. Save it for the legs that matter. If you are 2-0 down in a set he started it then relax, throw fun darts, and save it for the next set.

Thats how Part beat him with 97 (Taylor 100), Barney with 100 (v 103) ; and Painter with a measly 91 average nearly did it perfectly.
                Yeah if you can hold your own throw in 15 darts then he has to throw 12 darters to break you and you'll have a chance.

Whitlock averaged over 100 last year though and got beaten 7-3.

I still think there is going to be a special game in this tournament with 2 players over 102 though.
                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Anybody here watch Human Target? Just watched the first episode of Season 2 and really enjoyed it, first half of Season 1 was a little meh but then really started to like it towards the end.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                      when my daughter chanel was 4, my mam was hanging washing on the line and chanel was playing in the garden.

chanel says " aw nanny look" my man turned around dropped everything and nearly fainted as chanel had a live huge rat on a her shoulder snuggled into her and she was rubbing it like a pet kitten

so my mam knew she had better not panic and told her to put it down very gently which thank god she did!

im presuming as my daughter showed no fear while picking it up , it didnt have a problem

thank god i wasnt there , can u imagine!
                      It must have been attracted to her scent.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

ok thanks ill have a gander!
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            It must have been attracted to her scent.
                            hmm i dont know, its very strange!
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              lots/1
                              Was just kiddin' bout Rafa but surely Woy's days are numbered.
                              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

Whitlock averaged over 100 last year though and got beaten 7-3.
                                Its counter-intuitive maths, but against Taylor the bigger he beats you the better your average can be, as you are not wasting darts at small numbers because he isn't even giving you shots at them.

If Taylor had missed a few doubles in a few key legs and let Whitlock in to pick off say 82 in 3 darts a few times, and it was tied 5-5 instead of 7-3 then Whitlocks average would have been 98/99 at that stage.

Don't mind me - getting annoyed with Skys obsessions with averages is a hobby of mine.

Comment

hmm i dont know, its very strange!
                                  Strange one alright, you said she was 4 at the time ? If she was 5 it would have made more sense....anyways....
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Strange one alright, you said she was 4 at the time ? If she was 5 it would have made more sense....anyways....
                                    why 5??
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

why 5??
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

hahahahahaha brill god im soo slow!!!

you would think I would wise up by now!! WP
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Its counter-intuitive maths, but against Taylor the bigger he beats you the better your average can be, as you are not wasting darts at small numbers because he isn't even giving you shots at them.

If Taylor had missed a few doubles in a few key legs and let Whitlock in to pick off say 82 in 3 darts a few times, and it was tied 5-5 instead of 7-3 then Whitlocks average would have been 98/99 at that stage.

Don't mind me - getting annoyed with Skys obsessions with averages is a hobby of mine.
                                          Oh yeah totally, if you arent getting shots at doubles because you're getting raped 4-0 then your average will look better.

Average only shows a true picture when show alongside the doubles figures.
                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Just won my irish open seat

Attached Files
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Comment

Comment

well done tipp!
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                    I'd be really surprised if anyone here has actually heard them. Looking forward to being surprised

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_So_..._You_From_Afar
                                                    Seen them in the Spirit Store up in Dundalk a fair while ago,they totally smashed it.
                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                        amazon.co.uk are so fcking good its not even funny.
                                                        Do you add books you want to your Amazon wish list? Do others? I do and think it would be interesting to see people's lists.*

*not the book club via the back door

Comment

Comment

Disgraceful story about a homeless Polish guy living in Belfast being imprisoned for six months:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12088871
                                                            The journalists heart wrenching spin always clouds judgement imo. I was in Dingle at christmas and if I found someone using my gaff when I came home, well lets just say I wouldn't be pleased.

Stealing the keys means he had a premeditated plan.
                                                            He didn't come across a cabin while lost in the woods in a blizzard.

To be fair though the sentence sounds harsh but at least he has a warm bed and food through the winter. He'll get out mid March or sooner.

Comment

Not much on Pokertube lately, but there's a little 3part session up of "ProFile's" Sunday Warm Up win on 27th Dec with commentary from him. Just the Final Table replay with hole cards showing. Sorel Mizzi also at the FT

Watch poker videos, TV shows & documentaries on PokerTube. With over 20,000 Poker related movies like High Stakes Poker, PokerTube is the world's largest site to watch anything about poker.

Comment

Just looked through my own Amazon wish list, I really need to broaden my reading...

Designing Positive Psychology: Taking Stock and Moving Forward (Series in Positive Psychology) by Kennon M. Sheldon

Acceptance and Mindfulness in Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Understanding and Applying the New Therapies by James D. Herbert

Treatment Plans and Interventions for Depression and Anxiety Disorders (Clinician's Toolbox) by Robert L. Leahy

The Mindful Therapist: A Clinician's Guide to Mindsight and Neural Integration (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology) by Daniel Siegel

Stories and Analogies in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy by Paul Blenkiron

Oxford Guide to Metaphors in CBT: Building Cognitive Bridges (Oxford Guides to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) by Richard Stott

Overcoming Compulsive Gambling by Alex Blaszczynski

Overcoming Your Pathological Gambling: Workbook (Treatments That Work) by Robert Ladouceur (

Positive Therapy: A Meta-theory for Positive Psychological Practice by Stephen Joseph

Motivational Interviewing in Health Care: Helping Patients Change Behavior (Applications of Motivational Interviewing) by Stephen Rollnick

Relapse Prevention: Maintenance Strategies in the Treatment of Addictive Behaviors by G. Alan Marlatt

Clinical Hypnosis and Self-regulation: Cognitive-behavioural Perspectives (Dissociation, Trauma, Memory & Hypnosis Book) by Irving Kirsch

The Practice of Multimodal Therapy: Systematic, Comprehensive, and Effective Psychotherapy by Arnold A. Lazarus

The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge

Positive Psychology: The Science of Happiness and Human Strengths by Alan Carr

Positive Psychology in Practice by P. Alex Linley

A Primer in Positive Psychology by Christopher Peterson

Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders: A Step-By-Step Treatment Manual by David H. Barlow

Character Strengths and Virtues: A Handbook and Classification by Christopher Peterson

Systems of Psychotherapy: A Transtheoretical Analysis by James O. Prochaska

Comment

Comment

Comment

^^^ you've got Alan Carr on there - eek! know an IPBer who would hate that guy .... oh wait, that's you....!

seriously though that Kristin Niederhoffer (or something along those lines) quit smoking book you recommended was beyond brilliant - pure CBT in action.
                                                                      Very different Alan Carr. Smoking guy is Allen. Nor is he an unfunny British gay guy with big teeth. This one is a professor of clinical psychology in UCD and one of the leading guys in the world on the treatment of psychopathology.

Comment

went ahead and deleted my facebook/twitter etc. somewhat refreshing i must admit. now to survive without hours of endless gossip and distractions

Comment

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

allrighty - last post. Got a 32gb usb stick on ebay for £18 - seems like excellent value
                                                                                Well considering I paid 20 for a 4 gb in tesco. Ya I'd say its good value!
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Fair play! Did you write down email addresses etc beforehand? Half tempted to do the same as just don't like the idea of facebook despite its usefulness.
                                                                                  na said fuck it basically, trimmed my friends down from 350 to 120 2 weeks ago and even a part of that number were grossly irrelevant. Have most of the important email addresses etc and sure i can reactivate it easy enough if stuck for something.

Been making wholesale changes in life the last year and it is somewhat crushing to come back here and see myself slotting back into old habits so felt this would help as had gotten used to no tv or internet and just enjoying life for what it is. We'll see what happens i guess

Comment

For those who don't venture much from the BBV (and I'm largely guilty of that a lot of the time myself), John O'Sheas Well is excellent, some really interesting answers.

And the thread with the rather unpromising title 'How good are players in the Fitz tourneys?' has some though-provoking posts by Downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Not much on Pokertube lately, but there's a little 3part session up of "ProFile's" Sunday Warm Up win on 27th Dec with commentary from him. Just the Final Table replay with hole cards showing. Sorel Mizzi also at the FT

http://www.pokertube.com/free-poker-...__comments_1_3
                                                                                      watched the first part...at the end, what would you have done?, " fold or call...or shove it all in..."....oh right, the guy ownes pokertube, he is allowed....i may give the rest of the expert annalysis a miss.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

allrighty - last post. Got a 32gb usb stick on ebay for £18 - seems like excellent value
                                                                                        it only seems that way hitch till you try and shove a 2 gig file on it...hope your not in a rush !

You may get the storage but for that money you are not getting the speed, fine for everyday use but no good for "mission impossible" stuff.

edit: congrats on the news btw....neen sick/working so only caught up tonight !
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

A year of highs and lows finally feels fulfilled!
                                                                                          After putting in my biggest month volume wise, ready to take a week or 2 off the grind now and relax at last!
                                                                                          Then its bring on 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post

A year of highs and lows finally feels fulfilled!
                                                                                            After putting in my biggest month volume wise, ready to take a week or 2 off the grind now and relax at last!
                                                                                            Then its bring on 2011
                                                                                            fair play dude. worth it in the end. ELITE next yr ?
                                                                                            You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Finger
                                                                                              Birds

Class

Comment

Whats the best kinda anti virus, anti other stuff protection for a pc? Free if possible would be nice.

Comment

i find ESET NOD32 the best. Not feee but the cousins usually have a copy.

I'm hearing great things about windows latest security thingy.

Comment

it only seems that way hitch till you try and shove a 2 gig file on it...hope your not in a rush !

You may get the storage but for that money you are not getting the speed, fine for everyday use but no good for "mission impossible" stuff.
                                                                                                    I'd say you'll be lucky to even get the storage. I got an 8gb one a few years ago, and even though it appeared to be 8gb in 'my computer', it would barely store 1gb of files.

Since then I'd really only buy from Amazon, or Mymemory
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KCikJTB118&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Can someone give me what they think is a fair price on Samir Nasri scoring a freekick that's just a meter outside the box and a little right of centre in the closing stages against Wigan please?
                                                                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 30-12-10, 11:15. Reason: Change distance
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          I'd say you'll be lucky to even get the storage. I got an 8gb one a few years ago, and even though it appeared to be 8gb in 'my computer', it would barely store 1gb of files.

Since then I'd really only buy from Amazon, or Mymemory
                                                                                                          +1, dont buy storage from ebay, more counterfeits than genuine products. tweaked to display as a larger size than they are, they just cock up when you try load beyond the smaller size.
                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

A couple of cool comparisons posted on the Liverpool thread on boards between the home game versus Wolves a year ago and last night:

Konchesky
                                                                                                            74 minutes
                                                                                                            46 passes attempted
                                                                                                            34 succesful passes
                                                                                                            74% pass completion rate
                                                                                                            0 assist(s)

Insua
                                                                                                            90 minutes
                                                                                                            65 passes attempted
                                                                                                            59 succesful passes
                                                                                                            91% pass completion rate
                                                                                                            1 assist(s)
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Are banks open today and tomorrow + are they open Monday and Tuesday next week?

Comment

Disgraceful story about a homeless Polish guy living in Belfast being imprisoned for six months:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12088871
                                                                                                                Thats kinda harsh.

Is it not 1 year he got? 2 consecutive 6 month sentences?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                  Are banks open today and tomorrow + are they open Monday and Tuesday next week?
                                                                                                                  Yes, yes, no, yes

Slipped in the wrong hole for a sec

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                    Thats kinda harsh.

Is it not 1 year he got? 2 consecutive 6 month sentences?

Two concurrent sentances, they run at the same time, so just 6 months.
                                                                                                                    Always thought that was a bit retarded.

Along with calling sentances 'life' when they are anything but.
                                                                                                                    Stupid law.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

So I'm feeling sorry for the little garden birds during the cold snap and decide to put out a few feeders.Low and behold,what do I spy where my birds should be? a stonking great rat,walking around the garden like he owns the place.

I go out and duly buy a rat trap and place it in a cavity where the dogs can't get at it.I check it after only a couple of hours and the fecking trap's gone(supposed to be tied).Herself bets me a fiver that it's only fallen in out of sight,I'm not so sure.

The case of the stolen rat trap is bugging me now so I borrow a scope from work to have a better look.

Bingo bongo,find my trap,find the rat and I'm up a fiver (still outstanding btw).

Dead rat pics VVVVVVVV

SPOILER

Fcuker had a gobfull of peanut butter,then whamo!

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

i think that might be a pet hamster someone got for xmas the poor divil!
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

It's how he would have wanted to go, still, bit cruel Icarus.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X