X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
    pure luxury
    at least you have pipes.
    we have to walk 3 miles and bring back buckets of water from a near frozen stream, when we get home they have allready turned to ice. we have no shower facilities so we have to stand outside the back door naked and then just dump the lumps of frozen water out of the bucket over our heads.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAImc0EfuAU[/ame]

Comment

pure luxury
      at least you have pipes.
      we have to walk 3 miles and bring back buckets of water from a near frozen stream, when we get home they have allready turned to ice. we have no shower facilities so we have to stand outside the back door naked and then just dump the lumps of frozen water out of the bucket over our heads.
      buckets???!!!
      We wish we were so lucky
      We had to walk to collect lumps of ice that collected in the gutters that were six miles away
      with one shoe between 8 of us. we'd bring them home in our mouths our parents would melt the ice by lashing us about the face with a wet hurl.
      we'd spit the melted water over each of us to get a wash and go straight to the fields to dig for rocks.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        buckets???!!!
        We wish we were so lucky
        We had to walk to collect lumps of ice that collected in the gutters that were six miles away
        with one shoe between 8 of us. we'd bring them home in our mouths our parents would melt the ice by lashing us about the face with a wet hurl.
        we'd spit the melted water over each of us to get a wash and go straight to the fields to dig for rocks.
        We are lucky we got a house beside a stream. We just toss the kids in there for a wash. All very poor here in this part if culchie land and our heat comes from a candle. We all sit round it for a heat, when if gets really cold Tony lights it

Comment

When I was growin up if we wanted a jacuzzi, we had to fart in the bath

Comment

6.5 hours Dublin to Killybegs today, normally takes me about 2hrs 45mins on a normal day. Did save a load on fuel, 50mpg!! average speed of 45kmph FML

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
              Awesome film imo

One of my favourites

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                6.5 hours Dublin to Killybegs today, normally takes me about 2hrs 45mins on a normal day. Did save a load on fuel, 50mpg!! average speed of 45kmph FML
                What you doing up this neck of the woods Pauric?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                  Awesome film imo

One of my favourites
                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qLPdI7bZnI[/ame]
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Just back from 24hour Tesco.The horror.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                      What you doing up this neck of the woods Pauric?
                      Going home to my parents for xmas!! I grew up in Donegal, only moved to Dublin since college. Nice to be back home, don't get to go down much. Nice bit of snow up here too, not as bad as it was in Dublin though.

Comment

Awesome film imo

One of my favourites
                        FCOJ? Buyem
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Mulhuddart D15, end-of-terrace house where the snow drifts. And it doesn't seem to have stopped snowing all day.
                          Sociopathic neighbours who seem to think that when they shovel the snow from underneath their cars that the best place to leave it is at my front door.

Scientifically impossible to prove, but I think may have more snow than anyone else in Dublin.

Comment

How much snow is there now AJ? There was about 6-7 inches at 1pm when I left today but I heard that its being going for most of the day

Comment

feeling pretty silly for forgetting to take the 4/1 that was on offer for a white christmas.

Comment

How much snow is there now AJ? There was about 6-7 inches at 1pm when I left today but I heard that its being going for most of the day
                                It was fairly consistently up to just below my knee on the walk from the bus to my house - seems to have been slow and steady all day since I left this morning. Roads don't seem too bad in fairness,cars and buses still getting through.

Comment

Going home to my parents for xmas!! I grew up in Donegal, only moved to Dublin since college. Nice to be back home, don't get to go down much. Nice bit of snow up here too, not as bad as it was in Dublin though.
                                  I suppose with it being coastal it wasnt as bad as Letterkenny got! Didn't realise you were a Culchie too

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                    Awesome film imo

One of my favourites
                                    Fart in the tub!!!

Dont quote Trading Places wrong!!!
                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Got through Christmas party without getting cautioned by police (once), into a fight with with co-workers (a few times), thrown out of pub by bouncers (many many times) or spending bulk of night fast asleep in corner (usual result).

It helped that because of the weather we finished early I suppose.

Comment

I suppose with it being coastal it wasnt as bad as Letterkenny got! Didn't realise you were a Culchie too
                                        Total culchie me, I do like Dublin though!! Only place I would get a job so not much choice!!

Glad I left when I did then so, was going to work today but said fuck it, would get home a bit earlier instead. In fairness roads were in decent enough shape to Donegal via Sligo. Just everyone was driving very very slow and nobody could pass out so you can only go as fast as the car infront of you!! Most frustrating journey ever I think

Comment

Someone on the weather forum is running with the 'Gulf Stream destroyed by BP oil spill' CT I alluded to the other day. I like.

The North Atlantic Drift is but one component of the global Thermohaline Cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            i was in a tescos my self earlier this evening
                                            absolute mayhem, i mean WTF do they think tesco is never again going to open

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

i was in a tescos my self earlier this evening
                                              absolute mayhem, i mean WTF do they think tesco is never again going to open
                                              It'll be 10 times worse tomorrow.

Comment

iam really loosing interest in this game

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

It'll be 10 times worse tomorrow.
                                                  wife is going back in tomorrow
                                                  wants me to go with her
                                                  not a fucking hope says I

Comment

Total culchie me, I do like Dublin though!! Only place I would get a job so not much choice!!

Glad I left when I did then so, was going to work today but said fuck it, would get home a bit earlier instead. In fairness roads were in decent enough shape to Donegal via Sligo. Just everyone was driving very very slow and nobody could pass out so you can only go as fast as the car infront of you!! Most frustrating journey ever I think
                                                    We heading to Dublin on Monday, hope there is an improvement on the roads by then. We will be heading to Omagh, Monaghan way etc.

Comment

Elton John ain't got shit on The Shat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hARDXYz2io&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Elton John ain't got shit on The Shat.[/url]

Comment

Ardkeen?
                                                          I was there myself this evening, I made the mistake of heading in as usual without thinking. Took me a full half hour to get back out and park across the road. Rookie mistake.
                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Stewie rules all obv

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=891CBnRQlrk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                              Ardkeen?
                                                              I was there myself this evening, I made the mistake of heading in as usual without thinking. Took me a full half hour to get back out and park across the road. Rookie mistake.
                                                              Yea,almost forgot the 10 o clock cut off for booze and had to make an Indiana Jones style dash to the checkouts.

Comment

Lads, Tesco online delivery ffs.

Comment

Broken Arrow on TV3 it is so
                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

We heading to Dublin on Monday, hope there is an improvement on the roads by then. We will be heading to Omagh, Monaghan way etc.
                                                                    You should call in for a cuppa on the way , would be good to see yis .

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                      You should call in for a cuppa on the way , would be good to see yis .
                                                                      We'll be swinging by Monaghon direction on the way to Dublin alright and we always stop midway to grab a cuppa. No bother swinging by yours if you want but we'll have 3 kids in tow to deal with! We'll hope to be leaving Letterkenny before 10.30am or so. If you're gonna be in, let me know and i'll grab an address and we'll drop by

Comment

Get the BBQs out , was watching the Forcast on RTE earlier, Monday's gonna hit a scorching 8 degrees.

Any of you west Waterford/east Cork lads can tell me where the snow kicks in?

I'm hoping to make the trek to north Cork with the family tomorrow, it's pretty bad up there but i've been advised that it's just about manageable.

Comment

A story from the weather forum on Boards. What a nightmare

Another front line story, I don't think people realise how ridiculous it was out there tonight.

I was meant to be flying out with ryanair at 4.10, after 5 gate changes and 3 different projected delays we were herded onto a plane at 5pm, it actually hurt to walk in the conditions outside at this point.
                                                                          The plane did not move, it was not de-iced. We were told to get back off at approx 19.45, we were told nothing other than that the airport was closing.

When we got inside we found that every bloody ryanair flight that was due to leave in the hour or so we were had gone through the exact same thing, and every single passenger had been sent back into the airport at exactly the same time. The gangway was pretty much as crowded as a mosh pit. DAA were penning us in from the front, letting everyone out about 20 at a time - every time they let people through the crowd surged forward in anticipation, as crowds do, and slowly everything got a little more claustrophobic. Passport control was the same, finally the guards injected a little common sense and managed to clear it, opening service corridors to us.

The scene at the front of the airport was quite interesting I must say, firstly Ryanair had suddenly seen fit to shut up shop and leave. Airlingus, who had treated their passengers pretty fairly in not sitting them on a runway for the craic, had staff out helping DAA with information and crowd control - they were very proactive in making sure people got accommodation and even gave out meal vouchers to their customers. There was not a single Ryanair employee in the building.
                                                                          DAA had been given the line "Ryanair customer service is now closed, please go online to rebook your flight", something which was, at the time, impossible - and entirely because of Ryanair.

As far as I can see Ryanair and DAA managed that situation absolutely appallingly, and that twat O'Leary should shut up before people start pointing out exactly what Ryanair were up to.

Comment

Get the BBQs out , was watching the Forcast on RTE earlier, Monday's gonna hit a scorching 8 degrees.

Any of you west Waterford/east Cork lads can tell me where the snow kicks in?

I'm hoping to make the trek to north Cork with the family tomorrow, it's pretty bad up there but i've been advised that it's just about manageable.
                                                                            Meant to 12 degrees in Waterford on Monday! Try this Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Meant to 12 degrees in Waterford on Monday! Try this Danny

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/fore...FORD;&metric=1
                                                                              Cheers Tony, supposed to be all good again next week alright, it's the road conditions tommorow i'm worried about!

I have detailed road condition reports from mates on the phone this evening, from Mallow to Newmarket, I keep getting told "you should be ok", athough a mate asked me tonight if "I was off my fkin head" lol, not too encouraging.

It's Youghal to Mallow i'm worried about, can anyone confirm the rumour that the Cork/Mallow road is in bits?
                                                                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 24-12-10, 00:59.

Comment

Cheers Tony, supposed to be all good again next week alright.

I have detailed road condition reports from mates on the phone this evening, from Mallow to Newmarket, I keep getting told "you should be ok". Lol, not too encouraging.

It's Youghal to Mallow i'm worried about, can anyone confirm the rumour that the Cork/Mallow road is in bits?
                                                                                while your on danny too lazy to search the tourney section, do you know when is the end of the month on in the new club in waterford ??
                                                                                Last edited by chips1234; 24-12-10, 01:00. Reason: searched tourney section can't find anything ??

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                  while your on danny too lazy to search the tourney section, do you know when is the end of the month on in the new club in waterford ??
                                                                                  I've no idea, haven't played live in Waterford for months.
                                                                                  I'd hazard a guess that there is no end of month game after them just opening and all.

Comment

I've no idea, haven't played live in Waterford for months.
                                                                                    I'd hazard a guess that there is no end of month game after them just opening and all.
                                                                                    cool, whats the story with the old club ?(seamus etc ?) is that completely gone or is it still going ?

Comment

Im planning on travelling in the states in Feb for 20 days. I just found an amazing deal.

Buffalo-LA spend a week there, LA-Vegas 3/4 days there, Vegas-NY 7 days there. The flights total comes to $350 which seems like the bargain of the century.
                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

cool, whats the story with the old club ?(seamus etc ?) is that completely gone or is it still going ?

I think there's only one scheduled cash game a week now, Wed night, min 250 buyin. All tournies off afaik.

Comment

I think there's only one scheduled cash game a week now, Wed night, min 250 buyin. All tournies off afaik.
                                                                                          is seamus still there ? who's running the new place with darren, also where bouts is it ? have never been to the old blazin aces and was only living down there for about 6-7month while my gf was in college ?

Comment

is seamus still there ? who's running the new place with darren, also where bouts is it ? have never been to the old blazin aces and was only living down there for about 6-7month while my gf was in college ?
                                                                                            1. I think so.

2. Think it's Darrens baby.

3. Mayors walk in Ballybricken. Right across for the garda station,about 50 metres on the right.

Comment

1. I think so.

2. Think it's Darrens baby.

3. Mayors walk in Ballybricken. Right across for the garda station,about 50 metres on the right.
                                                                                              thx very much danny if your around when im down there i owe you a pint or two.

Comment

The Poker Lounge don't have an end of month but a monthly game & it's on on Sunday 9th January. I presume it will be 3pm but check it out on facebook

Comment

programme on sky 3 atm about body language/lying for you tell enthusiasts.
                                                                                                  You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

It's certainly gone for tournaments as the tournament league has been transferred & continued in Darren's new club The Poker Lounge which is attracting huge numbers for tournaments & has had a cash table every night since opening (two tables some nights) on Sunday 12th Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                                      It's certainly gone for tournaments as the tournament league has been transferred & continued in Darren's new club The Poker Lounge which is attracting huge numbers for tournaments & has had a cash table every night since opening (two tables some nights) on Sunday 12th Dec.
                                                                                                      thanks dave, so basically they've taken over normal running of the olympus/waterford poker club, will hope to make it down for the the 9th see you then

Comment

thx very much danny if your around when im down there i owe you a pint or two.
                                                                                                        Don't be silly!

Comment

Don't be silly!
                                                                                                          lol fair enough we can flip for them :P

Comment

lol fair enough we can flip for them :P
                                                                                                            Yeah, that's fair.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1jKvgzIRYs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1jKvgzIRYs[/ame]

Comment

my southern hemisphere streak in credit card roulette doesn't end. I love eating for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  We'll be swinging by Monaghon direction on the way to Dublin alright and we always stop midway to grab a cuppa. No bother swinging by yours if you want but we'll have 3 kids in tow to deal with! We'll hope to be leaving Letterkenny before 10.30am or so. If you're gonna be in, let me know and i'll grab an address and we'll drop by
                                                                                                                  Cool , i will pm you with the address. Happy Christmass to all .

Comment

See you guys on the flipside, attached my fav christmas song. best wishes to all

for Glyn and family, Ronney Dives (Dan) and baby Flushdraw Hope Blathnaid is found safe and well and Dan and Aimee recover soon as possible.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O_fCs5Buwg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O_fCs5Buwg[/ame]

Comment

A must for the kids today

Follow Santa Claus as he makes his magical journey around the world!
                                                                                                                      48

Comment

All taxi drivers are cunts

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone, I'm off for the driving adventure of a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X