This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
    I struggle to watch any poker produced here or the UK tbh. I realise they probably have a tighter budget than the US and that's fair enough, but I hate the blackjack style tables with the window camera things, I don't even know why, and it's usually close to impossible to follow the actions as graphics are all over the place and sometimes the commentators don't even seem to know if it was 3-bet pre or not.

I'm sure this is all down to budget, so it's not a complaint or that they should be doing better kind of thing, but coverage in the US is just lightyears ahead.

It depends on how big the Jackpot is, it can reach a point where it's +ev with all the dead money in it. Someone calculated that exact point by stakes for Party actually, but I always just completely ignore them. Extra rake is not something I can get behind.

Some of the English shows are a little bit ahead of the Irish ones I like that in the English version you can at least see the hole cards from time to time.

Seen one hand when they were heads up the 2 are all in cards up on their backs and the graphics from chips is all over the place goes from 90k to 6 million then to 7 million then to normal or something, fucksake cant be that hard given you have months to get things right!

I do hate the under the table hole cards thou cant really be that hard to get normal tables with hole cards like in the US.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Don't be so lazy.
      Hmmmmmmm
      so you couldn't be bothered your arse going looking for one for me....is that it?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
        Hmmmmmmm
        so you couldn't be bothered your arse going looking for one for me....is that it?
        For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBJenAFfNz4[/ame]

Comment

CHD, you seem excellently knowledgdeable today. My youngest brother has misplaced his hearing aid, one of those almost invisible ones with only the battery casing to be seen. Lost it between 1am and 11am this morning somewhere in the house.

He's shitting himself cause it's brand new and cost a fucking fortune, and the mother's home from work in about two hours.

Where is the implement?
            Alternatively, what's his line?

Comment

Planning a lads trip to Amsterdam in Feb, anybody know the craic with the new weed law?
              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                CHD, you seem excellently knowledgdeable today. My youngest brother has misplaced his hearing aid, one of those almost invisible ones with only the battery casing to be seen. Lost it between 1am and 11am this morning somewhere in the house.

He's shitting himself cause it's brand new and cost a fucking fortune, and the mother's home from work in about two hours.

Where is the implement?
                Upstairs toilet. He took it out cause he didnt want anyone to hear him having a wank.

Comment

thought the last of the hard men had put on their jumpers 3 weeks ago.
                  just seen a lad driving through town there with the window open and a t-shirt on him. looks like he was trying to impress the girlfriend who was sitting opposite him with about 20coats and caps on her.

also a few flakes of snow falling here in dungarvan now aswell
                  You from Dungarvan Angry Ball? Couple of decent live games around that you should give a try to (if you haven't already)-Lawlors on Mondays and Moorings on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                    Planning a lads trip to Amsterdam in Feb, anybody know the craic with the new weed law?
                    Yeah, you have to bring me back some.....

But you'll be fine, that ruling was just in Maschrict.
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Where is the implement?
                      Have you checked his other ear ??

Comment

is there any programme out there that allows me to scan a document and it will create an identical document in MSword?
                        most scanners can do that....
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Where is the implement?
                          It is mixed up in his bed somewhere and possibly on the floor since he has moved his blanket.

His line is to check between the cracks of things and along walls.

Comment

Where is the implement?
                            brother needs to learn to lip read, declare he can hear and claim a christmas miracle
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                              Yeah, you have to bring me back some.....

But you'll be fine, that ruling was just in Maschrict.
                              Cheers man, yeah no sweat ha.
                              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

where would I get a cupcake maker at this late hour folks
                                forgotten xmas pressie

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  forgotten xmas pressie

Available in pink.

Comment

CHD,I too need your assistance please.

Can you find me one of those fireplace in your telly thingys? I want it to work on a USB stick so I can play it through the DVD player.
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

perfecto, only the dont have any in stock.
                                      Should have mentioned I tried there

Comment

forgotten xmas pressie
                                        ‎Create yummy,sweet cupcakes in the original Cupcake Maker game! Bake your way to delicious creations in the very best cupcake maker game out there! Choose your cake mix from a variety of flavors. Next, add the eggs, oil, and water and stir until a smooth batter is formed. Now it’s time to ch…

Comment

wish that'd work.

Ah well...fuck it

Comment

perfecto, only the dont have any in stock.
                                            Should have mentioned I tried there
                                            The pink one out of stock? Heatons have an ad on TV for a giant cupcake maker, basically a cake maker, can put fillings and crap in it too and boom, giant cupcake.

Icky would a screensaver work or does it have to be a video clip to work?

Comment

wish that'd work.

Ah well...fuck it
                                              How far are you from Rathcoole?

Comment

The pink one out of stock? Heatons have an ad on TV for a giant cupcake maker, basically a cake maker, can put fillings and crap in it too and boom, giant cupcake.

Icky would a screensaver work or does it have to be a video clip to work?
                                                I suppose it's a clip on a loop or something,looks like a real fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  I suppose it's a clip on a loop or something,looks like a real fire.
                                                  But to play through the USB on a tv would it not have to be a particular format?

Comment

But to play through the USB on a tv would it not have to be a particular format?
                                                    .avi seems to work best for me.

Might have one here CHD,need to test it though.Thanks bro.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      Seen one hand when they were heads up the 2 are all in cards up on their backs and the graphics from chips is all over the place goes from 90k to 6 million then to 7 million then to normal or something, fucksake cant be that hard given you have months to get things right!
                                                      Danny, it doesn't work like that unfortunately AFAIK - if I'm remembering correctly from talking about it during the IO, all the graphic work is done onsite at the same time the event is being filmed, so once the footage is in the can, nothing is retouched after the production company leave the site (that would obviously cost a lot more!) so mistakes can't be fixed. I'm guessing it is the same with a lot of smaller poker events, though probably not the WSOP, what with all the cash behind that production.

It is funny, before joining PPP I imagined that production companies actually would approach them with the intent of filming the IO, and then TV stations would pay for the privilege of showing the footage. I now know I got this completely arseways; the event organisers have to pay (big bucks) to have the event filmed, and then pay the stations to have the footage screened!

Working in the poker industry was really eye-opening actually; you'd never realise loads of things about how it all works unless you saw the inside of the process!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                        .avi seems to work best for me.

Might have one here CHD,need to test it though.Thanks bro.
                                                        Fireplace 3D Screensaver - download the latest version for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32-bit and 64-bit). Turn your computer into a realistic fireplace with the help of the Fireplace screensaver. Get Fireplace 3D Screensaver old versions and alternatives.

FileBuzz is your online download destination for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and PDA Freeware, Shareware and Demos.

FileGuru is your one stop shop to find the great software. On fileguru you will find trial, demos, beta, shareware and free versions of your favorite software that you can download before you buy.

Somewhere in them might help you. I suck at this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Danny, it doesn't work like that unfortunately AFAIK - if I'm remembering correctly from talking about it during the IO, all the graphic work is done onsite at the same time the event is being filmed, so once the footage is in the can, nothing is retouched after the production company leave the site (that would obviously cost a lot more!) so mistakes can't be fixed. I'm guessing it is the same with a lot of smaller poker events, though probably not the WSOP, what with all the cash behind that production.

It is funny, before joining PPP I imagined that production companies actually would approach them with the intent of filming the IO, and then TV stations would pay for the privilege of showing the footage. I now know I got this completely arseways; the event organisers have to pay (big bucks) to have the event filmed, and then pay the stations to have the footage screened!

Working in the poker industry was really eye-opening actually; you'd never realise loads of things about how it all works unless you saw the inside of the process!
                                                          Cheers for the info mate, still a load of bollox thou

Comment

Yo CHD, last minute present for a 20yr old athlete?

Not a huge drinker, has a missus, eats like a horse

Comment

new irish rugby jersey?

Comment

Lifestyle sports voucher?

Budget and the sport of choice?

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                  I have had plenty of 1 outers in my time but was never a 99.9% fav on the flop and lost before!! FML

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($190.55)
                                                                  UTG ($201)
                                                                  MP ($629.55)
                                                                  Hero (CO) ($314.30)
                                                                  Button ($130.60)
                                                                  SB ($851.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 10
                                                                  UTG bets $7, MP calls $7, Hero calls $7, 1 fold, SB raises $29, 2 folds, MP calls $23, Hero calls $23

Main Pot : ($99)
                                                                  UTG+1: -$10.50 EV (19.70%)
                                                                  Hero: +$49.50 EV (80.30%)

Flop: ($99) 6, 10, Q (3 players)
                                                                  SB checks, MP bets $72, Hero calls $72, SB calls $72

Main Pot : ($315)
                                                                  UTG+1: -$71.69 EV (0.10%)
                                                                  Hero: +$242.69 EV (99.90%)

Turn: ($315) 5 (3 players)
                                                                  SB checks, MP bets $213, Hero calls $212.30 (All-In), 1 fold

Main Pot : ($739.60)
                                                                  UTG+1: -$195.99 EV (2.30%)
                                                                  Hero: +$510.29 EV (97.70%)

River: ($739.60) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $739.60

Results:
                                                                  MP had 5, 5 (four of a kind, fives).
                                                                  Hero had 10, 10 (full house, tens over fives).
                                                                  Outcome: MP won $737.30
                                                                  Reminds me of this hand:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                  NL Holdem $20(BB) Replayer
                                                                  Hero ($2,231)
                                                                  BB ($2,449)
                                                                  CO ($2,457)
                                                                  BTN ($3,604)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:heart:

fold, BTN raises to $57.50, Hero raises to $215, fold, BTN calls $157

FLOP ($450) K:diamond: 4:club: A:diamond:

Hero bets $260, BTN raises to $745, Hero calls $485

TURN ($1,940) K:diamond: 4:club: A:diamond: 6:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1,940, Hero calls $1,271 (AI)

RIVER ($4,483) K:diamond: 4:club: A:diamond: 6:spade: 6:diamond:

BTN shows 6:heart: 6:club:
                                                                  (Pre 18%, Flop 0.1%, Turn 2.3%)

Hero shows A:club: A:heart:
                                                                  (Pre 82%, Flop 99.9%, Turn 97.7%)

BTN wins $4,480

Comment

Rugby, busto budget. Sub 30 as I might need busfare!

No jerseys, he has a box of them in the garage, gives em all away to the Niall Mellon yoke each year

Comment

Does he drive? Petrol voucher.

Rugby, Elverys voucher.

Gift cert on threadless.com

Vouchers ftw.

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($29.57)
                                                                        BB ($55.15)
                                                                        UTG ($25)
                                                                        MP ($13)
                                                                        Hero (Button) ($27.18)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, J
                                                                        1 fold, MP (poster) checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.80, 1 fold, MP (poster) calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.95) 9, 8, 5 (3 players)
                                                                        SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1.45, SB calls $1.45, MP calls $1.45

Turn: ($7.30) 2 (3 players)
                                                                        SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.30) Q (3 players)
                                                                        SB bets $2, MP raises to $10.65 (All-In), Hero raises to $19.30, SB raises to $27.22 (All-In), Hero calls $5.53 (All-In)

Total pot: $67.61 | Rake: $2

Results:
                                                                        Hero had 10, J (straight, Queen high).
                                                                        SB had 5, 5 (three of a kind, fives).
                                                                        MP had 9, 9 (three of a kind, nines).
                                                                        Outcome: $67.61 returned to Hero

misclicked my shove otr
                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Thinking about hitting the se tonight, I take it that I would be able to get a taxi home easy enough in this weather?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                            Thinking about hitting the se tonight, I take it that I would be able to get a taxi home easy enough in this weather?
                                                                            had to push two taxis out of snow on walk home from shops.

One retard did a U Turn and got stuck in the soft snow on the other side. I left him there, if he's not clever enough to stick to the well trodden paths that other cars have made, then he's not clever enough to not kill someone tonight by doing something stupid.

In other news, the fan has been hit, and projected shit all over the place. Lil bro's hearing aid still MIA, handy €2.5k somewhere on the floor of our house, or maybe in the back garden!

Gift cert on threadless.com
                                                                            Boom

Comment

had to push two taxis out of snow on walk home from shops.

One retard did a U Turn and got stuck in the soft snow on the other side. I left him there, if he's not clever enough to stick to the well trodden paths that other cars have made, then he's not clever enough to not kill someone tonight by doing something stupid.

In other news, the fan has been hit, and projected shit all over the place. Lil bro's hearing aid still MIA, handy €2.5k somewhere on the floor of our house, or maybe in the back garden!

Boom
                                                                              Meh don't know what to do, any news on the buses haven't seen anything about times they are going off at etc.

Comment

Again for awesomeness

Comment

How far is the walk?

Pretty enjoyable walking in it to be honest!

Comment

Boom
                                                                                    You are welcome, Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Ho Ho Ho

Comment

Anybody want a game of Fifa 11 on the xbox? Gamertag: coillcam

I'll be online for about an hour or 2

Comment

Dishwasher salt, throw it about. Snow gone in 5 mins.

Noobs.
                                                                                        true

Comment

Decided not to head out was 50/50 till I looked out and seen the snow, gonna just chill for tonight.

Coillcam gonna have a bite to eat in a few minutes but could have a few games of it after you want? 8:20 something like that?

Comment

Hi lads,

just a quick note to say thanks to all on here for all the support in the search for Blathnaid. I saw some disreputable types on the Facebook group so easy to guess where they came from!

Thanks to the people from here that participated in the leafletting of taxi drivers, you know who you are and I'm not going to embarrass you publically. Much appreciated by all the family, especially in this weather.

The search continues and the Gardai really have been outstanding, unfortunately they are looking for the equivalent of a needle in a haystack. It's deeply frustrating for everyone but there will be a result at some point.

Happy Christmas to all on here, RDIII
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sigh ... €350 for 4 new tyres so I can get to Arklow for the girlfriends Smorgasbord celebration on Christmas Eve and then on to Kildare on Christmas Day for the family Christmas dinner ... a sunk cost for 2 great days imo

Comment

How much would helicopter rental be?

Just an idea....

Comment

So somehow sky did call on wednesday, installed and everything was running smoothly. Full Hd and hd ready tvs are a world apart.

But...Has anybody else's signal gone because of the weather?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                    So somehow sky did call on wednesday, installed and everything was running smoothly. Full Hd and hd ready tvs are a world apart.

But...Has anybody else's signal gone because of the weather?
                                                                                                    mines been dodgy enough the last day or two.
                                                                                                    ok now though ..touch wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                      Worst game of darts ive ever seen.
                                                                                                      The Walsh/Pipe game is decent enough but Pipe is just far too slow and it's tilting me! Just throw your fkin darts!

Comment

Fukk this weather , water frozen 2 days now and the sick thing is i'm outa ice cubes for my bacardi's

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                                                                                          You from Dungarvan Angry Ball? Couple of decent live games around that you should give a try to (if you haven't already)-Lawlors on Mondays and Moorings on Wednesday.
                                                                                                          don't hardly play live atall
                                                                                                          played the one in lawlors a few times.
                                                                                                          havn't been now in about 12mths though.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

So great being snow free here in Waterford, the radioactive sesspit thats Ferrybank stopping the snow at the border.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                              Fukk this weather , water frozen 2 days now and the sick thing is i'm outa ice cubes for my bacardi's
                                                                                                              just leave your drink outside the door the next time your going for a piss

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                                                So great being snow free here in Waterford, the radioactive sesspit thats Ferrybank stopping the snow at the border.
                                                                                                                i mentioned this yesterday kev
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                turns out there is alot of jealous cunts around

Comment

no heating = cold showers
                                                                                                                  It SUCKS!

Comment

no heating = cold showers
                                                                                                                    It SUCKS!
                                                                                                                    You've no idea how good you have it.

Stuck in culchie land atm and all our pipes are frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                                      Do you have any bottled water you can use to make them up? can't have this coming to Cristmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        The Walsh/Pipe game is decent enough but Pipe is just far too slow and it's tilting me! Just throw your fkin darts!
                                                                                                                        Just turned it on. 2-1 walshie. Is he that slow

Jesus his throwing style makes me want to hurt myself
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Wesley Harms; 23-12-10, 21:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          You've no idea how good you have it.

Stuck in culchie land atm and all our pipes are frozen.
                                                                                                                          pure luxury
                                                                                                                          at least you have pipes.
                                                                                                                          we have to walk 3 miles and bring back buckets of water from a near frozen stream, when we get home they have allready turned to ice. we have no shower facilities so we have to stand outside the back door naked and then just dump the lumps of frozen water out of the bucket over our heads.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X