Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone linked me this, didn't see it before, mcgowan with his arms around those cheezy priests singing the drummer boy, lol. EPIC

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ShIMkrEcxs&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ShIMkrEcxs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      Hopefully you have it sorted by now but I'm on my way home from town and will have a look when I get in.
      Its Disk Utility Conor you should be able to see the drive in there and be able to mount it, I had some problems with my Windows formatted drive it would read it but I couldnt write to it.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted. Times like these when having The Wire on boxset would come in handy
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Live just across the road from Newbridge house and Demense. Bored senseless today so obviously put on the cowboy boots and went over and spent the afternoon there. Every inch of it untouched. Not any other footprints or tire marks anywhere for acre and acre. Built a 9 ft snowman right in the middle of the path for shits and giggles. Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          This post about Samuel Eto'o from boards might be the worst thing I've ever read.

CHD put it best yesterday:
          Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur e Eto'o helped Inter to a domestic treble, including a first European Cup in 45 years, but could he do it week in, week out against the likes of stoke or blackburn? I'm not so sure.

Comment

Hi lads,

the search for Blathnaid is ongoing and I've set up a Facebook group here (without really knowing what I'm doing, lol)

the focus is on finding a black Mercedes taxi which picked her up at 8pm on Tuesday last from Sir John Rogerson's Quay, you've probably seen the photo in the media. The viedo link is here.

If you know any taxi drivers who drive a black Merc, please ask them if they have any information. This is extremely urgent.

Thanks,

RDIII

p.s. any story that you read in the Evening Herald today is pure speculation and should be treated as such.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
              Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur e Eto'o helped Inter to a domestic treble, including a first European Cup in 45 years, but could he do it week in, week out against the likes of stoke or blackburn? I'm not so sure.
              Andy Gray - It is borderline about the wee man. The boy can play but can he play in the Premier League?

Jamie Redknapp - He is literally a top, top player and kicks the ball in the net and thats how he gets his goals. Could do a job for Spurs.

Richard Keys - *smiles and stares at camera*

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                Jurys christchurch, just a wee walk, Vicars Street on the corner of Thomas Street.

who ya gonna see ?
                Cheers Willie, Neil Delamere in Feb.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                  Lol I heard this the other day, was it two farmers were then held by the secret service, or along those lines?
                  original press release
                  SPOILER
                  Fireworks And Fear Mar Independence Day Celebrations for "code-talking" Irish Brother and Sister
                  Fri Jul 5, 7:01 AM ET
                  By Sam Hudson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Fear and fireworks marked the first U.S. Independence Day since Sept. 11, with military jets in the skies and anti-terrorism troops on the ground guarding Americans determined to celebrate the Fourth of July.

Despite government warnings of the potential for a new attack, millions of people overcame their nerves and congregated at massive, traditional fireworks displays in major cities on the most patriotic date in the U.S. calendar.

But, reflecting a sometimes schizophrenic way of life that has emerged since hijacked planes slammed into U.S. landmarks and killed thousands of people, the State Department had also urged Americans worldwide to avoid crowded places because of possible suicide strikes.

At one such fireworks display in Springfield, Illinois, a Gaelic-speaking brother and sister were detained by anti-terrorist police for apparently speaking in 'code'.

LIKE A MOVIE

Michael (20) and Sharon (23) O'Toole, of Cobh, in Cork County, Ireland, are fluent speakers of the Irish language. While on vacation from college in Ireland, they were attending the fireworks display in downtown Springfield. They were talking between themselves when FBI officials swooped.

"We were just commenting on the fireworks to each other when these guys in suits showed us their badges and swept us off in a large SUV. It was like something from a movie.", said Michael to reporters

FBI anti-terrorist agents became suspicious of the pair when they noticed them alternately speaking in fluent English and a "code" language not recognised to be of Eastern or European origin. Agents had been given special training in linguistics in the weeks running up to the holiday.

The pair were released, without charge, after Irish consulate officials confirmed their identities.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Oh all mighty BBV.

Is there such thing as "buying" a donation to a homeless charity.

For example I donate money, they give me a card saying a donation has been made in "girlfriends name" amd I give that to the girlfriend.

Comment

Was listening to this earlier when the snow was pelting down was very suitable for Snowmageddon

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgkxlQyw03A[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                        Oh all mighty BBV.

For example I donate money, they give me a card saying a donation has been made in "girlfriends name" amd I give that to the girlfriend.
                        Pretty sure there is something like that.

Comment

with nothing better to do

Press release of Monaghan Flag banned in Paddys day parade

and it made hte beeb
                          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 21-12-10, 18:54.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

WTF? My laptop screen has just turned into a mess of high contrast colours. Neon greens and pinks instead of the normal stuff.

Lots of "fuzz" too where there should be flat matte colour.

Any idea what it is and what I can do to fix it? Renders poker pretty much impossible.

Could it be a graphics card issue?

Edit to say that it occurs even before Windows loads, BIOS screen all messed up too
                            Last edited by Emmet; 21-12-10, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              Glyn,

I think you should change the settings on the group. It would seem that when you ask to join the group you have to wait for approval from the administrator. This is not ideal for you as when say I join a group it will then immediately appear in my news feed on my facebook page. It will still appear once approved but I doubt you will be sittiing near a PC to approve requests as they come in. As people join the group you want it to appear on their news feed asap, ultimately this is what you want and you dont want a simple thing like group permissions standing between getting the group to spread across FB asap. It will also ease your workload as I am sure you have many other things to dedicate your time to.

I really hope this takes a turn for the better asap. I ask myself how difficult it could be to locate a taxi but I guess I now know. Fingers crossed for you and the family.

Noel.
                              PM sent Noel, pls give me a shout when you get it
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Oh all mighty BBV.

Bothar? buy a cow
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  Pretty sure there is something like that.
                                  Any idea where I could get one before Xmas.

Comment

I would assume that most places were you give donations would give you some kind of receipt, not totally sure thou.

That chugger Damo should be around he might be able to fill you in

Comment

Oh all mighty BBV.

Homeless charity?
                                      before xmas?

Focus Ireland!

Have(/Had?) an office around temple bar area
                                      up the end where the Clarence hotel & Tower are

Donate - Focus Ireland - Focus Ireland works with people across Ireland who are homeless or are at risk of losing their home.
                                      Last edited by Guest; 21-12-10, 19:08.

Comment

I can issue a reciept for a donation to the human fund.
                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_z3RTwIWOw[/ame]
                                        Last edited by Zuroph; 21-12-10, 19:12.
                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

BBV Req

Anyone know where I can buy one of the Philips Wake Up lights in Dublin/Ireland? It seems Amazon wont deliver to Ireland because of the bulb in the device.

I dont mind buying online or instore

Comment

I seem to remember iwantoneofthose.com having some incarnation of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              WTF? My laptop screen has just turned into a mess of high contrast colours. Neon greens and pinks instead of the normal stuff.

Lots of "fuzz" too where there should be flat matte colour.

Any idea what it is and what I can do to fix it? Renders poker pretty much impossible.

Could it be a graphics card issue?

Edit to say that it occurs even before Windows loads, BIOS screen all messed up too
                                              Classic case of corrupted graphics card RAM. It can be caused by overheating. Leave it off for an hour or so and see if the problems goes away. Otherwise, I hope it's in warranty.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                I seem to remember iwantoneofthose.com having some incarnation of them...
                                                Cheers, kinda looking for the Philips one though.

Thats a pretty cool site though. You have any dealings with them?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                  Classic case of corrupted graphics card RAM. It can be caused by overheating. Leave it off for an hour or so and see if the problems goes away. Otherwise, I hope it's in warranty.
                                                  yeah it is, all of 3 months old. In Scotland though, bleugh. Had planned to get some serious poker in on the snowy days here.

Guess I'll have to think of another money making scheme.

Its a HP laptop, and I thought when buying it "HP's are fairly unreliable, but I'll treat it well...".

So much for that.

Comment

yeah it is, all of 3 months old. In Scotland though, bleugh. Had planned to get some serious poker in on the snowy days here.

Its a HP laptop, and I thought when buying it "HP's are fairly unreliable, but I'll treat it well...".

So much for that.
                                                    On this note... I am extremely displeased with my HP laptop after less than 2 years (though I do leave it on for 16 or more hours a day).
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                      Cheers, kinda looking for the Philips one though.

Thats a pretty cool site though. You have any dealings with them?
                                                      Bought a pretend sword barbecue skewer thing off them for my dad last year.

I can't remember a whole lot about the transaction tbh, which I guess means it was pretty smooth...

Comment

So much for that.
                                                        ugh, this is bad news, I've a 5 month old HP. never heard that they were unreliable.
                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          original press release
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          Fireworks And Fear Mar Independence Day Celebrations for "code-talking" Irish Brother and Sister
                                                          Fri Jul 5, 7:01 AM ET
                                                          By Sam Hudson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Fear and fireworks marked the first U.S. Independence Day since Sept. 11, with military jets in the skies and anti-terrorism troops on the ground guarding Americans determined to celebrate the Fourth of July.

Despite government warnings of the potential for a new attack, millions of people overcame their nerves and congregated at massive, traditional fireworks displays in major cities on the most patriotic date in the U.S. calendar.

But, reflecting a sometimes schizophrenic way of life that has emerged since hijacked planes slammed into U.S. landmarks and killed thousands of people, the State Department had also urged Americans worldwide to avoid crowded places because of possible suicide strikes.

At one such fireworks display in Springfield, Illinois, a Gaelic-speaking brother and sister were detained by anti-terrorist police for apparently speaking in 'code'.

LIKE A MOVIE

Michael (20) and Sharon (23) O'Toole, of Cobh, in Cork County, Ireland, are fluent speakers of the Irish language. While on vacation from college in Ireland, they were attending the fireworks display in downtown Springfield. They were talking between themselves when FBI officials swooped.

"We were just commenting on the fireworks to each other when these guys in suits showed us their badges and swept us off in a large SUV. It was like something from a movie.", said Michael to reporters

FBI anti-terrorist agents became suspicious of the pair when they noticed them alternately speaking in fluent English and a "code" language not recognised to be of Eastern or European origin. Agents had been given special training in linguistics in the weeks running up to the holiday.

The pair were released, without charge, after Irish consulate officials confirmed their identities.
                                                          Yup, thats the one, can't remember where I read it but it was a recent and "credible" news source.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                            ugh, this is bad news, I've a 5 month old HP. never heard that they were unreliable.
                                                            They do seem to come out badly in any surveys I've seen. Came as a surprise to me when I first read about it.

Boy, do we have a nice slab of data for you to sink your teeth into today. The 3-year service history of more than 30,000 laptops has been pored over, analyzed, and reduced to gorgeous comparative charts, which you know you're dying to know more about. We should note, however, that the service was provided by SquareTrade, whose primary business is selling extended warranties, but that shouldn't completely prejudice us against reaching conclusions on the basis of the presented facts. Firstly, netbooks have shown themselves to be on average 20 percent less reliable than entry-level laptops, which in turn are 10 percent more likely to break down than premium machines. In other words, you get what you pay for -- shocking, right? The big talking point, though, will inevitably be the manufacturer comparison chart above: here ASUS and Toshiba (rather appropriately) share the winners' spoils, while HP languishes in the ignominious last place, with more than a quarter of all laptops expected to suffer a hardware fault of some kind within three years. So, does your experience corroborate / refute this info? Keep it gentlemanly, okay?
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

So much for that.
                                                              Are you able to travel home for Christmas? My grandparents are due to go the opposite direction the day after tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                Are you able to travel home for Christmas? My grandparents are due to go the opposite direction the day after tomorrow.
                                                                Already home!

Been here since Saturday. Think my flight was second last one that made the Edi-Dub leg over the weekend. They've been absolutely blasted with snow since Sunday I think.

Just about made it out of dodge in time. Not sure if your grandparents are going anywhere tbh

Comment

Super comeback from Suljovic to steal Van Gerwen's set and go 2-1

Haven't heard anything about Van Gerwen health issues, so if shaving his head was his own choice, jesus he fcked up big time

Comment

Already home!

Been here since Saturday. Think my flight was second last one that made the Edi-Dub leg over the weekend. They've been absolutely blasted with snow since Sunday I think.

Just about made it out of dodge in time. Not sure if your grandparents are going anywhere tbh
                                                                    Oh good, I thought from reading your other post you were still in Scotland, I remember now you saying your were home the other day though...

Yeah I'm not sure if they will be either, it's not the end of the world tho because they can come to us or the other cousins house if needs be.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Haven't heard anything about Van Gerwen health issues, so if shaving his head was his own choice, jesus he fcked up big time

Comment

A concert by Kings of Leon at London's O2 Arena is postponed after a fire, which started on one of the band's tour buses, spread to another coach.

wooooooooaaahh KOLs Bus is on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiire!!!!
                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

should be an epic topgear tonight (although not a huge TG geek) on now.

race up the east coast of US in 3 top of the range jammers.

Comment

Jesus Glyn hope it ends well. I cant imagine anything worse for family.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

How many 180s so far? Sky down in my house ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                How many 180s so far? Sky down in my house ffs!
                                                                                7 total

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                  should be an epic topgear tonight (although not a huge TG geek) on now.

race up the east coast of US in 3 top of the range jammers.
                                                                                  FFS, posted this earlier....and forgot !!

Bloody wife...if i am asked once more for my input into xmas dinner and ignored...why do they ask ? why ?
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Jaysis Ridd wiped the floor with the Paddy lad

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                      no sign of nervs either, seemed to be loving every second of it.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

For 90% of the bbv, thats the most confusing sentence they will ever read.

im in the other 10%

Comment

Gunny in the well

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                            For 90% of the bbv, thats the most confusing sentence they will ever read.

im in the other 10%
                                                                                            My streams keep dying...has anyone any decent links ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              My streams keep dying...has anyone any decent links ?
                                                                                              Your not really watching it if your not watching SKY HD imo

Comment

Turn on your webcam please !

Been a while since i typed those words....
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Dropped UPC on Friday, Got a new Full HD tv so Sky HD had to be installed. Booked for tomorrow but i'd say the chances are slim of them arriving with the weather. Looking like no Sky sports for xmas

Comment

have you gotten viewing card, or account number already? in which case, sign up to sky player online, sky sports is free to subscribers til new year.
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

have you gotten viewing card, or account number already? in which case, sign up to sky player online, sky sports is free to subscribers til new year.
                                                                                                      Yes they sent it in the post. How could i watch this through my TV? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                        Yes they sent it in the post. How could i watch this through my TV? Cheers.
                                                                                                        Does your TV have HDMI input and laptop with a HDMI port?

Comment

I have lost track of the amount of times i have tried to reg for that sky player...always comes back with incorrect details...cant be arsed ringing india !
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Does your TV have HDMI input and laptop with a HDMI port?
                                                                                                            yes yes. i see were this is going. ty lads

Comment

Get that cunt out of the commentary box. What a wanker.

Comment

Freddie hammered, there's a surprise.

Comment

I think Flintoff is doing a good job :O

Comment

Wow hes making a move for Sids job, boys cant get a word in.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Dumb and dumber never gets old
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Left work in Dun Laoghaire to get the DART at 4.30 just home in Citywest now including a 30 min pitstop for food. Not good.

Altho walking down the middle of main roads with no one round listening to Explosions in the Sky was like 28 Days Later or Walking Dead

Comment

anyone having lag problems on stars tonight, seems to be fine until i get over 8 tables then just slows down every 5 minutes or so ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X