• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am obviously spoilt for choice. Ship.

Comment

Any good news?
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I recon tough break and get your boots on. You can pick up for your Dad in the offie no doubt but your mum is gonna be a little miffed with an ironing board cover, a box of rosees and some tesco club card points. Make the trip if she still cooks your dinner every day or you will get the small steak for the next 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Any good news?
          Xmas dinner is only 4 days away.

Comment

Snow is just amazing in Dublin 4 at the moment, have to say I'm loving it but I can pretty much walk everywhere I need to go over the next few days so don't have to worry.

Was at a wedding in Waterford Castle at the weekend, man that place is amazing, was so much fun. Thank fuck the snow stayed off until we got back to Dublin, if we ended up stuck down there for a few days I would probably be dead from alcohol poisoning.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
            right, banning myself from poker until February.

Any of you who know me, if you see me in a poker club again before the 1st of february you are legally allowed to punch my jaw loose and put me in a taxi home.
            Pics or gtfo. Otherwise I'm just going to end up punching everyone I see.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            Guess last minute shopping was a bad idea.

FU snow.
            This is nowhere near last minute, 5 pm on Christmas Eve is my cut-off. Am usually drunk by then which can result in some surprising present choices.
            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Wanna get one of my mates a book, something interesting anybody got any recommendations?
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Any good news?

Xmas dinner is only 4 days away.
                Buy 100 packs of the 10 pack of Value Christmas bows for 12c and cover the living room/house.
                Cost: €12
                Value: Priceless
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Any good news?
                  It's not snowing in Dundalk.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlUmhY7Nu6c&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlUmhY7Nu6c&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Wanna get one of my mates a book, something interesting anybody got any recommendations?
                      Shantaram is an amazing story.

Comment

1000 things to do indoors when it's fucking snowing outside

Comment

Is the snow that crazy outside? Ive to head into town from Drimnagh to do the last few bits of my shopping, horrible nights sleep so havent moved from bed yet to look outside.

I take it buses and the luas are running?

Comment

which is a better way to withdraw from Full Tilt
                            to your Laser Card or Cheque?

Comment

Is the snow that crazy outside? Ive to head into town from Drimnagh to do the last few bits of my shopping, horrible nights sleep so havent moved from bed yet to look outside.

I take it buses and the luas are running?
                              There are some alterations and some routes not running.
                              Dublin Bus

Comment

He into films like yourself Danny? I'll throw out a bit of a long shot - guillermo del toro (pans lab/hellboy) has co-authored a couple of books. The Strain which is a good read, and The Fall which is 2nd part and out recently (haven't read it yet). Will take up a few days anyway and enjoyable enough

Comment

Is there a more manly feeling than shoveling snow from your drive way?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                    Is there a more manly feeling than shoveling snow from your drive way?
                                    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                      Dublin Bus
                                      Seems im grand with buses cheers Happy Dude

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                      He into films like yourself Danny? I'll throw out a bit of a long shot - guillermo del toro (pans lab/hellboy) has co-authored a couple of books. The Strain which is a good read, and The Fall which is 2nd part and out recently (haven't read it yet). Will take up a few days anyway and enjoyable enough
                                      He like movies but would defo read more than watch them fucking weirdo if you ask me

Might just get him some Where's Wally books

Comment

Secret Santa for one of the lads in the house.

100dollar limit.

Anyone have any ideas? Im all out. He likes sailing, drinking and talking utter shite.

All ideas appreciated.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

ugh ffs weather just stop. Have to go to town now. No doubt it will take all day to get there and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

100dollar limit.

Anyone have any ideas? Im all out. He likes sailing, drinking and talking utter shite.

All ideas appreciated.
                                            Bottle of whiskey to encourage talking shit.

One of these for the empty bottle

All 3 covered.

Comment

thats actually quite good chd. Any thoughts on what I should get the 16 year old sister. Looking at around the €50 mark

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                  thats actually quite good chd. Any thoughts on what I should get the 16 year old sister. Looking at around the €50 mark
                                                  €50 in a card imo

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    ugh ffs weather just stop. Have to go to town now. No doubt it will take all day to get there and back.
                                                    How was Salon?
                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Pics?
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

€50 in a card imo
                                                        Ya i know that is what she really wants but cash fine for a wedding or birthday but doesnt seem quite right for christmas. Think I will go with cash or a voucher in a book so something similarly shit. Ideally I think she really wants a fake ID and a naggin and some cider.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Pics?
                                                          Was going to post a picture of a 50 euro note, then found this version.

SPOILER

Ya i know that is what she really wants but cash fine for a wedding or birthday but doesnt seem quite right for christmas. Think I will go with cash or a voucher in a book so something similarly shit. Ideally I think she really wants a fake ID and a naggin and some cider.
                                                          I used to think the same but tbh, a voucher is just a shitty form of cash, like giving someone Zimbabwe dollars.
                                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 21-12-10, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                            How was Salon?
                                                            Best meal I ever had by a long stretch. Everything was amazing. There's an offer on citydeal for there today if anyone's interested.

Comment

Girls love pennys, theres a voucher for ya.

Comment

I presume buying her a cook book so that she can learn the domestic arts is the right thing for a big brother to do or at 16 have I left it to late to train her and will she be destined for spinsterhood now?

Comment

Gillers maybe a Glee box set? Or something that involves vampires or dancing or dancing vampires... on ice that can sing. Teenies love that sort of stuff.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Best meal I ever had by a long stretch. Everything was amazing. There's an offer on citydeal for there today if anyone's interested.
                                                                    What menu ye go for?
                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Gillers maybe a Glee box set? Or something that involves vampires or dancing or dancing vampires... on ice that can sing. Teenies love that sort of stuff.
                                                                      Older brother should not encourage such interests.

Comment

Girls love pennys, theres a voucher for ya.
                                                                        Or €50 in 1c coins..wimmins love bronze!
                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Looking at some casual jobs online and I come across this...
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                            Or €50 in 1c coins..wimmins love bronze!
                                                                            I told a mate of mine to not buy me a present cause I didn't want to buy him one. He did anyway.

He will be learning his lesson as I got him 30 quid in 5 cent coins.

Comment

I presume buying her a cook book so that she can learn the domestic arts is the right thing for a big brother to do or at 16 have I left it to late to train her and will she be destined for spinsterhood now?
                                                                              If you are serious that is a terrible present!

Comment

I will be at home for a few days after christmas and may end up having to watch some of it if I went down this route and wouldn't want to rubish my own gift. Close but definitley more a present to be given when I am far away

Comment

Save your cash for the dowry.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                    If you are serious that is a terrible present!
                                                                                    no not serious

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

100dollar limit.

All ideas appreciated.
                                                                                      Hooker

Comment

Nap of coke and my lad's ph no.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                          What menu ye go for?

The €49 one. Monkfish, quail etc. Didn't do the wine pairing though as gf doesn't really drink wine.

Comment

What're the chances of darts or luas stopping early at some point tonight leaving folks stranded in town...?
                                                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Fairly low imo. Darts almost certainly wont stop

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORi4xwSwWlM[/ame]

TOOTHBRUSH TAKE OUT THE DUST FAST
                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                  What're the chances of darts or luas stopping early at some point tonight leaving folks stranded in town...?

Darts won't stop early. Jelle Klassen v Steve Brown will be a good game and it would disappoint too much folk

Comment

Fairly low imo. Darts almost certainly wont stop
                                                                                                    Especially as it's played indoors and they've lots of matches to get through in the first round.
                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Good chance the darts are delayed though, It was last year but most of the players got there late and it went ahead.

Comment

Dublin Bus
                                                                                                        If you're relying on a bus I wouldn't bother leaving the gaff. Dublin Bus can say the routes are running but if the bus driver doesn't feel comfortable driving, he doesn't have to. I was waiting for an hour and a half earlier for a bus that was allegedly running, had to get a taxi home in the end.

Comment

Sorry for the title but I just found my housemate urinating in our milk and the gardai are on hte way - I also found her in another housemates room removing items from it.

Comment

Was going to post a picture of a 50 euro note, then found this version.

SPOILER

I used to think the same but tbh, a voucher is just a shitty form of cash, like giving someone Zimbabwe dollars.
                                                                                                            You ever buy that trillion dollar bill?

Comment

Does anyone here watch the Tudors? Got Season 2 yesterday after enjoying Season 1 ands it literally the same stuff over again. Titilation factor still reasonably pleasant.

Comment

If anyone could help me here it would be great.

Friend is in hospital and I brought him over an ext hard drive full of films and stuff. He has just got a new Mac and can't seem to access the hard drive.
                                                                                                                Is there a simple way to do this (he's a Mac noob), or is there incompatibility between the formats in the case of hard drives?

Thanks, it would be great if I could get this sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                                                                                                  which is a better way to withdraw from Full Tilt
                                                                                                                  to your Laser Card or Cheque?
                                                                                                                  Set up neteller or moneybookers its instant with neteller anyways
                                                                                                                  having gambling site transactions on your laser or bank account when you cash a cheque may affect your chance of loans etc from a bank,

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                    If anyone could help me here it would be great.

Friend is in hospital and I brought him over an ext hard drive full of films and stuff. He has just got a new Mac and can't seem to access the hard drive.
                                                                                                                    Is there a simple way to do this (he's a Mac noob), or is there incompatibility between the formats in the case of hard drives?

Thanks, it would be great if I could get this sorted!
                                                                                                                    Yeah he has to enable ntfs on the MAC some googling should bring you to something, I'm on my phone so can't get links.

Should be able to view it normally thou there is a program on the MAC but I cant think of what it is to display all the drives.

Comment

Wow, jad complete panic attack there when I woke up and realised the date.

Have been in a drinky smoky haze for the last 6 days, and haven't bought a single present. Saw the snow, and the dude digging out his car across the road, and realised its not worth it to risk the car.

Tried to think like CHD, what can I get in Spar? Superquinn etc?

Then my brother came home, told me he's bought everyone joint presents. And if I give him a tonne, I'm in.

Now to grind some poker for that 100!

Comment

Yeah he has to enable ntfs on the MAC some googling should bring you to something, I'm on my phone so can't get links.

Should be able to view it normally thou there is a program on the MAC but I cant think of what it is to display all the drives.
                                                                                                                        All he needs to do is view it, can you remember the name of this program? He has no internet in there, and from googling he needs to download a script to allow it to read/write NTFS.

Comment

Where DO you find them! lol
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X