Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else having trouble with Cake?.. website and client down?????????.....few hours now since i first tried.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Ya Kev.
      I will so.

after the pub

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvUvidfcmhg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvUvidfcmhg[/ame]

A poignant and heartfelt ditty from bachelors in trouble!!!

Comment

Ship the boyles caption competition.....

Faisant de plus en plus d'adeptes chaque années, il existe en effet certaines arnaques autour du poker. Voici comment les éviter.

(i think they felt sorry for me )
          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
            Ship the boyles caption competition.....

Faisant de plus en plus d'adeptes chaque années, il existe en effet certaines arnaques autour du poker. Voici comment les éviter.

(i think they felt sorry for me )
            My entry for this weeks was...

"Yid have no problem fittin it in if it was a cock"

Doubt it will get past the scrutinisers though.

edit, here's the pic....
            Last edited by Lazare; 26-02-10, 20:39.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              My entry for this weeks was...

"Yid have no problem fittin it in if it was a cock"

Doubt it will get past the scrutinisers though.
              Your still a winner in my book with that one
              "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

absolute brilliant reverse prank phone call on a telemarketer.
                Pretends to be a cop and he has just called a murder scene

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj594nbCooU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj594nbCooU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                  There is a free entry TV3 Daily freeroll at 19:30 on PokerStars. if you win it and win the next one you might get a free ticket to something.
                  I played it last night. The players are awful, and I still didn't get a ticket.

Oops, forgot the rugby.
                  Shocking isnt the word, stupid freerolls, only favours the idiots.

Yeah, i got a ticket to something.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                    I was in a wonderfully strange and mysterious shop today Swenys Chemist Shop on Lincoln place, at least it felt that way. Only thing is it isnt a chemist shop. I was lured in by a lemon soap sign in the window and since im a sucker for citrus soaps i went in when straight away i found myself immediately off the bridle. It seemed so authentic like your in a real time turn of the century shop but i was so confused at all this and the fact it was obviously not a chemist that i just wanted to get my soap and get out and maybe come again for a better recce when better prepared. I lelt with the soap not knowing what else they sold!.

So i came home and just googled the place there and it seems the lemon soap has more significance as it was Leopold Bloom’s fictional soap purchase in Ulysses that made the place famous.
                    The shop closed down in 2009 and reopened soon after.
                    Nice.
                    I have a thing for old and strange Pharmacies. A.C. Boles on Emmet Rd in Inchicore is my current favourite
                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-02-10, 21:24.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Nice.
                      I have a thing for old and strange Pharmacies. Boles on Emmet Rd in Inchicore is my current favourite
                      You have a favourite ? I must be missing out, a pharmacy is a place i go to get cream for the itchy parts...and never use the same one twice...
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Lets hope for a solid last 20.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Youve got to love the welsh. Theres no better team to attempt a comeback like this.

Comment

France are smarter than Scotland obviously. Michalak does what Parks should've done last weekend.

Nice Try by Wales though. And were unlucky not to have more from that game. Different French team in second half, a very "French" attitude...

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                              Youve got to love the welsh. Theres no better team to attempt a comeback like this.
                              rugby fans annoy/confuse me

great try at the end, crowd go nuts but game is as good as over and they have lost the match

People at games more spectators than supporters?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                rugby fans annoy/confuse me

great try at the end, crowd go nuts but game is as good as over and they have lost the match

People at games more spectators than supporters?
                                Rugby fans more in touch with "the spirit of the game" than other fans?

Comment

Wales are the most talented team in the six nations, it would be frightening to see that team if they had Declan Kidney in charge of them.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                    Rugby fans more in touch with "the spirit of the game" than other fans?
                                    if you say so

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                      if you say so
                                      Not much of a sports fan myself but this is what I've always noticed.

Average Rugby fan: Gentlemanly, relaxed, sportsmanlike, applauds opponents.

Average Soccer fan: Drools saliva, highly strung, neanderthalish, has stickers on rear window depicting like minded mong urinating on opponents clothing

all imo of course
                                      Last edited by Lazare; 26-02-10, 22:12.

Comment

Not much of a sports fan myself but this is what I've always noticed.

Average Rugby fan: Gentlemanly, relaxed, sportsmanlike, applauds opponents.

Average Soccer fan: Drools saliva, highly strung, neanderthalish, has stickers on rear window of like minded mong urinating on opponents clothing

all imo of course
                                        Stereotypes ftw!
                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Laptop is officially busto. It was a present and came with an insurance policy, so its being taken by courier over to England to be assessed and fixed/replaced, but this is going to take a couple of weeks. Has anyone any idea where I could rent a laptop or something for the meatime? I'd have no idea how much that'd cost either.
                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                            Stereotypes ftw!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4lvUJ39fE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4lvUJ39fE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                              Laptop is officially busto. It was a present and came with an insurance policy, so its being taken by courier over to England to be assessed and fixed/replaced, but this is going to take a couple of weeks. Has anyone any idea where I could rent a laptop or something for the meatime? I'd have no idea how much that'd cost either.
                                              I'd happily let you borrow mine for a couple of weeks, I rarely use it.
                                              I'm in Waterford though. You're welcome to if on the off chance you know someone in college or something coming from here to Dublin.??

Long shot I know, but if you have any way of collecting it just shout.
                                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 26-02-10, 22:34.

Comment

Top Gun is on Film4

for those who cannot watch it here are the cliff notes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vmg9e785lo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vmg9e785lo[/ame]

Comment

Any weirdness on the moon tonight ?

Lets hope the invasion starts tonight, anything to get out of work in the morning.

I welcome our new overlords !
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

WTF is that on top of Gilbert O'Sullivan's head?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      WTF is that on top of ~Gilbert O'Sullivan's head?
                                                      lol Tony, go on, admit it.

You're jealous of that mullet.

edit to add.. ~Although you do have a fine head of hair for a man of your vintage
                                                      Last edited by Lazare; 26-02-10, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                        Any weirdness on the moon tonight ?

Lets hope the invasion starts tonight, anything to get out of work in the morning.

I welcome our new overlords !
                                                        LOL @ ze german aliens

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ruwNEzZm2g&feature=related[/ame]
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

LOL @ Jim McDaid, blowing down the wrong side of the Naas rd off his face!!

Just brilliant.

Comment

Just brilliant.
                                                            Linky ? ?
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Linky ? ?
                                                              Late Late, Rte1

Comment

Just brilliant.
                                                                did you not know that? that was all over the media at the time.

Comment

Late Late, Rte1
                                                                  Oh, thought he done it again !!
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

such a sick finish to a game - losing by .5 in the wales game - UGH
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                      did you not know that? that was all over the media at the time.
                                                                      Of course, just really funny hearing him describe it, 'ah, ye know I drove out to Citywest and hopped into the 'oul helicopter to Punchestown, had a few gargles and blah blah blah...'

Oh, thought he done it again !!
                                                                      That would be just too awesome

Comment

hello fellow BBVers i have a little question. Lets just say you were thinking of running a poker tourney for charity. what % out of the prizepool would be good for charity and also attract people for a spot of pokerz
                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                                          hello fellow BBVers i have a little question. Lets just say you were thinking of running a poker tourney for charity. what % out of the prizepool would be good for charity and also attract people for a spot of pokerz
                                                                          When I signed up for the Jackpot / Parkie do I thought the split was 20 for the game 80 for the charity (its not)
                                                                          I guess it depends how attractive the cause is to your punters for how much they will be willing to donate. Are you looking to attract poker players or a casual crowd?
                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-02-10, 23:22.

Comment

i dont really know yet. just in thinking phase. a part of my continous assessment in an enterprise module says i have to organise a charity event so in my poker degeneracy I naturally said sure i mays well set up a tourney. if the lecturer says it has to take place on college grounds i might just do €10 or 20 with one rebuy and 30% to charity. Might do it for Haiti. i was thinkin also to get the bar to do special beer promo for the players for the night to get the students in.

if she says it doesnt have to be in college the buyin could be higher and have in a pub or local card club

Comment

i dont really know yet. just in thinking phase. a part of my continous assessment in an enterprise module says i have to organise a charity event so in my poker degeneracy I naturally said sure i mays well set up a tourney. if the lecturer says it has to take place on college grounds i might just do €10 or 20 with one rebuy and 30% to charity. Might do it for Haiti. i was thinkin also to get the bar to do special beer promo for the players for the night to get the students in.

if she says it doesnt have to be in college the buyin could be higher and have in a pub or local card club
                                                                              Organise prizes rather than cash ? 100% to the charity. Weekends away, dinner, vouchers etc. Start ringing around local bars/hotels/restauraunts.shops ?
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Organise prizes rather than cash ? 100% to the charity. Weekends away, dinner, vouchers etc. Start ringing around local bars/hotels/restauraunts.sgops ?
                                                                                ummm.. nice idea. we have to do it in group of 3 so this will get mentioned. we were thinkin of getting of raffling off a few things but thats something different thanks

we were thinkin the amount of people we'd get would be 80 to 100. its Waterford IT(5000 students) so surely with good advertising we'd get 100 people so with rebuys we'd get close to a couple of grand raised. surely the lecturer would love that, cos its probably the only effort im going to put in all year!!

edit: just looked at the jackpot thread and they have it as 20% to charity from the prizepool
                                                                                Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 26-02-10, 23:40.

Comment

Organise prizes rather than cash ? 100% to the charity. Weekends away, dinner, vouchers etc. Start ringing around local bars/hotels/restauraunts.shops ?
                                                                                  This is a really good idea.
                                                                                  I doubt if most students would go for the 100% to charity aspect but you could certainly hit a few of the local business' for prizes.

There are a couple of retailers that rely heavily on student business in that area who would be in no position to say refuse really.

The carryout and billys deli in the shopping centre would be two I can think of off the top of my head. ( trust me I know).
                                                                                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 26-02-10, 23:56.

Comment

4 minutes of people falling down like a sack of spuds...At 2:45 it's just

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuMm4A1_E5Q[/ame]
                                                                                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 27-02-10, 00:06.

Comment

Another way of doing this is similar to what the Conquer Cancer Research (CCR) used to do for the big Draw Poker Classic that used be held in the Red Cow Inn.

Sell ads from local businesses for €30/€50. 20 ads is €600/€1000 & you could get a printer to sponsor the printing of the programme. Most companies would not refuse this small amount for advertising to 5000 students.

The biggest pain in the arse is collecting the proofs of the ads.

You could also get prizes sponsored.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                        I'd consider buying a cheap netbook if I were you http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...7C16164800.htm

If you're seriously stuck pm me, and I could loan you a (mediocre) lappy for a few weeks.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

maybe try to get a car dealer on board - i'm always seeing some car on tv for sale at 10k, so a car, maybe a weekend away down the country and other prizes - then just sell tickets at maybe 20 quid each, and if you can expand it to the local community and not just the college then you could make some good money for a charity. Not sure if a raffle would count as an event though.

example:

if you got a good deal on a new car and other prizes, total say 13K or so, sell say 1500 tickets to the community or indeed just college students (would be about 30% of college) thats 30K right there - so 17k for charity.
                                                                                          Last edited by Ace; 27-02-10, 00:46.

Comment

Cake poker can go fuk itself up the ar$e. Worse than ipoker must die!.. 2/3 outers ftfish

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                              Cake poker can go fuk itself up the ar$e. Worse than ipoker must die!.. 2/3 outers ftfish
                                                                                              oh hai

While I am working on iPoker's death and Israelis deaths as they house them I would be happy to work on ''Cake Must Die'' PM me.

Comment

weeeeeeeee go kelt!
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

no idea how long ive been awake for but its been a while, day +. Sickest thing is I don't know why!

Been doing nothing, playing fifa and talking to friends and drinking a bit. Never even dawned on me to go to sleep... never dawned on me to sleep...
                                                                                                  stfu me

nite
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                                                    no idea how long ive been awake for but its been a while, day +. Sickest thing is I don't know why!

Been doing nothing, playing fifa and talking to friends and drinking a bit. Never even dawned on me to go to sleep... never dawned on me to sleep...
                                                                                                    stfu me

nite
                                                                                                    go to bed

g'nite

Comment

Terry -Vs- Bridge

Its also Chelsea -v- City apparently, good old sky news, may stay up so. Exaggerate anything and shove it down our throats.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c[/ame]

imo

Comment

Small Beat: Some load of bum the computers are in the departures section. Slow as a wet week and the price is robbery, should have brought my laptop.

Brag: Shhhhhhhnowboarding tomorrow, Ireland vs England today and a haaaaype of pints.

Variance: Whether or not my knee holds up for the trip.

Comment

poker pub ban

hi all
                                                                                                          has anyone else heard about this new law thats coming out in the summer to ban poker in pubs , is this true ????????

Comment

Originally posted by parkside casino View Post
                                                                                                            hi all
                                                                                                            has anyone else heard about this new law thats coming out in the summer to ban poker in pubs , is this true ????????
                                                                                                            They are also banning alcohol in pubs I think

Comment

hi all
                                                                                                              Fairly sure the law dates back to the 1930s.

Comment

hi all
                                                                                                                You have probably heard about the impending new legislation in relation to gaming, casinos, poker clubs, private members clubs.

I don't think a date has been set & at this point in time no one knows what will be involved. I would imagine that casinos / poker rooms/ private members will have to hold a license to trade. What affect this will have on Poker in pubs is anyones guess. Will cards not be allowed on licensed premises. Where will the big poker festivals be held. Will it be possible to temporarily transfer a gaming license to a hotel etc. How many gaming licenses will be issued.

Will it only be possible to play cards in a gaming licensed premises. What affect will this have on every bridge club in the country. Is it the end of the social game of 25's/30's in the pub. It really is a minefield.........interesting times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                  They are also banning alcohol in pubs I think

Really helpful comment Richie. Would it not be better to ignore the original post than to put something idiotic like this up

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                                                    Another way of doing this is similar to what the Conquer Cancer Research (CCR) used to do for the big Draw Poker Classic that used be held in the Red Cow Inn.

Sell ads from local businesses for €30/€50. 20 ads is €600/€1000 & you could get a printer to sponsor the printing of the programme. Most companies would not refuse this small amount for advertising to 5000 students.

The biggest pain in the arse is collecting the proofs of the ads.

You could also get prizes sponsored.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                    This is a really good idea.
                                                                                                                    I doubt if most students would go for the 100% to charity aspect but you could certainly hit a few of the local business' for prizes.

There are a couple of retailers that rely heavily on student business in that area who would be in no position to say refuse really.

The carryout and billys deli in the shopping centre would be two I can think of off the top of my head. ( trust me I know).
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                    maybe try to get a car dealer on board - i'm always seeing some car on tv for sale at 10k, so a car, maybe a weekend away down the country and other prizes - then just sell tickets at maybe 20 quid each, and if you can expand it to the local community and not just the college then you could make some good money for a charity. Not sure if a raffle would count as an event though.

example:

if you got a good deal on a new car and other prizes, total say 13K or so, sell say 1500 tickets to the community or indeed just college students (would be about 30% of college) thats 30K right there - so 17k for charity.
                                                                                                                    thanks for the ideas. its rag week this week so not much going to be done next week(or maybe some meetings in harveys at 2am) but i'll definitely keep ye informed of what the 3 of us will do

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                                      Thats a no go afaik, id open up a new Moneybookers account in his name.
                                                                                                                      sorry for the dullness, but he's opened an account, but it wont accept funds from any cards other than in his own name?

Will that also mean it wont withdraw unless its in his name?

Could someone get around this by just transferring from one A/C to the other and back again to withdraw? Don't want to be left with money I cant access a la my current FTP money which is inaccessible until I make a deposit?

Comment

I wish i had the big heart at times
                                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X