X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
    Really?

I dont think so anyway.

Im above average stack and dont want to be called by an underpair and race. Im confident enough in myself to outplay people post flop.
    you called his push on a flop you missed...

He had pretty much the only hand you were ahead of in that spot

Ship it pre if you're going to be chasing 6 outs you want 5 cards to do it, not 2

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      is that why you called with Ace high for your entire stack against a guy whose range has you crushed?
      He was also slightly steaming imo.

Nailed him for the exact hand he had and made a very good call.

Id call that good post flop play anyway.

Edit: lol didnt make any sense, half asleep!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
          Presume the intentional mispelling is designed to help your hangover
          Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
            you called his push on a flop you missed...

He had pretty much the only hand you were ahead of in that spot

Ship it pre if you're going to be chasing 6 outs you want 5 cards to do it, not 2
            I called because I was confident I was ahead.

Made two similar hero calls earlier in the night.

Can obviously see your reasoning tho.

Comment

I called because I was confident I was ahead.

Made two similar hero calls earlier in the night.

Can obviously see your reasoning tho.
              Heroes always get killed in the end in poker movies
              "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

He was also slightly steaming imo.

Nailed him for the exact hand he had and made a very good call.
                Id call that good post flop play anyway.
                sorry but this is bullshit

put it up in the hand history section and be told exactly why by very good players

anyway, this is the BBV - sully it not with your poker-related jibber jabber
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Pompey gone into administration

Means they will be almost definitely relegated, but should be able to fulfill the rest of their premier league fixtures for the season (was never seriously in doubt imo). Next season is a different matter though

Comment

Cant believe I've put the word 'Sully' in the BBV title

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Pompey gone into administration

Means they will be almost definitely relegated, but should be able to fulfill the rest of their premier league fixtures for the season (was never seriously in doubt imo). Next season is a different matter though
                      Bit depressing when the players have nothing left to play for. Hopefully they try and play well so the premier league clubs will snap the decent players up...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        sorry but this is bullshit

put it up in the hand history section and be told exactly why by very good players

anyway, this is the BBV - sully it not with your poker-related jibber jabber
                        I know exactly what they would say and I completely understand your reasoning. Im not in disagreement with you here.

Its called a 'hero call' for a reason, they are not made often and generally lie outside the 'defined guide' of how to play hands to the max EV.

Anyway, you maybe right but im more or less asleep here in work so Ill review later. Still stinging at the moment.

Comment

I know exactly what they would say and I completely understand your reasoning. Im not in disagreement with you here.

Its called a 'hero call' for a reason, they are not made often and generally lie outside the 'defined guide' of how to play hands to the max EV.

Anyway, you maybe right but im more or less asleep here in work so Ill review later. Still stinging at the moment.
                          there is absolutely 0 argument for not shipping that pre and absolutely 0 argument for calling that on the flop

when you butcher a hand the end result is what you deserve IMO

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                            there is absolutely 0 argument for not shipping that pre and absolutely 0 argument for calling that on the flop

Must of angered you somehow

Anyway I disagree there is '0' argument but im not bothered at the moment.

Thanks for the input though.

Comment

Must of angered you somehow

Anyway I disagree there is '0' argument but im not bothered at the moment.

Thanks for the input though.
                              how is that being angered its just my opinion. If you play a hand well you deserve to be rewarded if you dont then you deserve to lose simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                Ship the 24 hour vomitting bug!

Sick.
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Its called a 'hero call' for a reason, they are not made often
                                  ah now...
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Two of my friends have had it done. It all depends how early you catch it.

Friend number one got it on the lower back/top of arse. The surgeon removed enough flesh that you could fit a cigar into it. They cant stitch or close the wound so you will have a nurse calling to your house to change the dressing every day. He was out of school at the time for 4 months. This is pretty extreme tho.

Friend two got it right in the middle of his arse cheek. Decent chunk of flesh removed and was forced to sit on a ring for months. He said it was the most painful thing he has ever experienced.

On another note, finished around 31st in the fitz EOM last night.

Had just joined the table about 15 hands prior and think Smurph was only one I recognised on the table.

Already had villain listed as a donk.

I have 44k, villain just less with average stack at bout 39k
                                    Raise utg +2 to 9k with AKo at 1500/3000/300

Villain calls on the button.
                                    Flop J22 rainbow, I check he insta pushes.

I dwell for bout 30 secs and make the call and he shows up with AQ.
                                    Turn 2, river Q and Im gone.

Would of strongly fancied myself to min. split it if I had of taken that pot down but now im in work off the back of an hours sleep.

This one stung badly.
                                    Didn't know who you were, but was quite aware you were a player (well the only one taking any notice of stack sizes etc., peoples raising patterns etc., instead of looking at the telly, ordering drinks, chit chatting etc.,).. The same guy, raised in ep and a guy who hadn't been involved much (older guy 2 to my left) shoved, with pocket 10's and he instantly called, without hesitation with AQ..... snagged an Ace on the river for a 100K plus pot.

The guy to your left, was a complete and total novice player, who shoved any pocket 44 upwards, and folded everything else, folded the button regularly and gave me a walk most times in the SB V BB action

You were very unlucky with the hand, as it was a great call, ( It was not the only had you were beating, that guy could wake up with all kinds of sh*t)....

(im wrecked aswell) and yes probably results based thinking...

By the way, you took the beat well.....
                                    Last edited by smurph; 26-02-10, 12:47.
                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Assuming 9 handed, you shove 15bbs UTG+2 with AKo.

In the middle is 9*300 Antes, 1500 sb, 3000 bb.

You get no callers, and you're up from 44k stack to ~51.2k stack
                                      You get called by AQo+ and 77+ and are flipping (slight dog).

I cant really see any problems with either result.

Perhaps you stack KQo on a K high flop when you raise 3bbs pre instead sometimes, or A10+ on an A high flop. But I don't think there's enough play in your stack for a 3bb raise when the antes and blinds are biting hard. (M of 6.1)

(Edit to add, that even had you shoved, I'm sure he would've called with AQ, and you would've been out anyway)

Comment

Emmet,
                                        The fitz has a very unique group of players that play in it. In normal circumstances, shipping AK here is okay, but you can also pick up blinds alot easier, as people don't tend to 4bet you with air, defending their blinds.....

Actually ignore me, I don't have the capacity to make rational arguments.... off for a snooze for lunch........
                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                          Emmet,
                                          The fitz has a very unique group of players that play in it. In normal circumstances, shipping AK here is okay, but you can also pick up blinds alot easier, as people don't tend to 4bet you with air, defending their blinds.....
                                          to be fair, I'm a retard live poker player. I probably shouldn't even be commenting.

Comment

Check out St Helens on the handicap betting tonight, 6/4 -8 points on Powers. Look at the other alternatives and you'll see its a crazy price. I'd get on quick....

Comment

USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (175/350) - 2010/02/26 12:48:04 UTC [2010/02/26 7:48:04 ET]
                                              Table '247050751 6' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
                                              Seat 1: georgemolko (10092 in chips)
                                              Seat 2: RyanHatfield (11720 in chips)
                                              Seat 3: Nordkurve79 (6799 in chips)
                                              Seat 4: brouwie (1282 in chips)
                                              Seat 5: Funkar (7480 in chips)
                                              Seat 6: bataias (12109 in chips)
                                              Seat 7: 0thejackal (11866 in chips)
                                              Seat 8: schrijver40 (27417 in chips)
                                              Seat 9: raise365 (8845 in chips)
                                              georgemolko: posts the ante 45
                                              RyanHatfield: posts the ante 45
                                              Nordkurve79: posts the ante 45
                                              brouwie: posts the ante 45
                                              Funkar: posts the ante 45
                                              bataias: posts the ante 45
                                              0thejackal: posts the ante 45
                                              schrijver40: posts the ante 45
                                              raise365: posts the ante 45
                                              0thejackal: posts small blind 175
                                              schrijver40: posts big blind 350
                                              *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                              Dealt to RyanHatfield [Ac Kd]
                                              raise365: folds
                                              georgemolko: raises 650 to 1000
                                              RyanHatfield: raises 2150 to 3150
                                              Nordkurve79: folds
                                              brouwie: folds
                                              Funkar: folds
                                              bataias: folds
                                              0thejackal: folds
                                              schrijver40: folds
                                              georgemolko: raises 6897 to 10047 and is all-in
                                              RyanHatfield: calls 6897
                                              *** FLOP *** [2c Jc 4h]
                                              *** TURN *** [2c Jc 4h] [7c]
                                              *** RIVER *** [2c Jc 4h 7c] [9c]
                                              *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                              georgemolko: shows [Ks Kh] (a pair of Kings)
                                              RyanHatfield: shows [Ac Kd] (a flush, Ace high)
                                              RyanHatfield collected 21024 from pot
                                              *** SUMMARY ***
                                              Total pot 21024 | Rake 0
                                              Board [2c Jc 4h 7c 9c]
                                              Seat 1: georgemolko showed [Ks Kh] and lost with a pair of Kings
                                              Seat 2: RyanHatfield showed [Ac Kd] and won (21024) with a flush, Ace high
                                              Seat 3: Nordkurve79 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                              Seat 4: brouwie folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                              Seat 5: Funkar folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                              Seat 6: bataias (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                              Seat 7: 0thejackal (small blind) folded before Flop
                                              Seat 8: schrijver40 (big blind) folded before Flop
                                              Seat 9: raise365 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comment

@Ryan, use a converter if you're going to post hands, there's too much text to waffle through.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  I dont think the AK call is that bad, especially against certain players.
                                                  what would you know anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    fck all - sure i dont even play poker anymore
                                                    me either

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just got this from reliable source

"Starting March 1st, Full Tilt Poker is changing the terms of their agreement with all rakeback affiliates. While the finer details are not yet clear, it is evident that perks such as Rake Races, Rake Rewards points, and the 2010 Rake Challenge might not be available for players that join Full Tilt after March 1st. "
                                                          So anyone who hasn't joined up get moving now!!!
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

UGH, to sign up as a new account or not...

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

My brother has just turned 18 and taken an interest in poker though...
                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 26-02-10, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                              Ah come on Ryan. We're going to have to put you on a quota system.
                                                              Haha sorry i thought i was postin 2 many myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                ack ack! Ack ack ack!

Comment

Final 5 of a 90man 2.20 MTT chip leader on stars if anyones interested for a watch

Comment

Emmet I never knew you were such a post whore. Is 527 the most out of everyone?

Comment

Current standings

Top Posters
                                                                      1 Hitchhiker's Guide... 572
                                                                      2 Eddie Durkin 546
                                                                      3 emmet02 527
                                                                      4 Raoul Duke III 506
                                                                      5 5starpool 485

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                        Emmet I never knew you were such a post whore. Is 527 the most out of everyone?
                                                                        Hitchhiker is numero uno

Comment

Ugh no milk or no bogroll, this is gonna be a photo finish

Comment

Comment

Ryan whats your stars username?
                                                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

BrianByrne

# Total Posts: 428
                                                                                # Posts Per Day: 21.31

Fairly confident i have most Posts per day!

Last edited by BrianByrne; 26-02-10, 14:10.
                                                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Thought this was funny

Tiger Woods announces returns to sex

Comment

...

Comment

I was quite happy that I played two hands spectacularly badly to get all the pain over with early.
                                                                                      One reg in particular seemed in a real hurry to get to the cash games, Level one he calls a raise in the blinds and check calls pot on a 5d8d7x flop, check calls pot again on a black 4 turn and check raises the 6d river proudly showing 9x no diamonds that loses the original raisers flush.
                                                                                      After that hes in every other pot betting 600 into 150 etc.
                                                                                      Of course I'm the one that doubles him up when he calls pot twice for 2/3 his chips before rivering the flush with 29s I'm steaming with myself for not shoving the turn even though I'm 100% certain he was going all the way I would have felt better about it.
                                                                                      Playing less than half a starting stack just at the break I donked them off playing QJs oop to Wally and CRAI a JcTcX flop, Wally had TT obv.

On a brighter note I really must find more time to play live cash in the Fitz.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I've caught the ghey.... womens ice skating on BBC, Korean girls routine was unbelievably good

edit: maybe not, some seriously seriously hot asians in this
                                                                                        Last edited by ghostface; 26-02-10, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                          Ryan whats your stars username?
                                                                                          RyanHatfield

Comment

a new low

Comment

thats a bad beat Ryan.

Unlucky
                                                                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                                thats a bad beat Ryan.

Unlucky
                                                                                                Ah thats annoying i was up to 90k like 5 mins ago

Comment

Sickest value shove ever

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($336)
                                                                                                  UTG ($251.05)
                                                                                                  MP ($220.33)
                                                                                                  Hero (Button) ($200)
                                                                                                  SB ($177.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
                                                                                                  UTG bets $7, MP calls $7, Hero raises $26, 2 folds, UTG calls $19, MP calls $19

Flop: ($81) Q, 3, 2 (3 players)
                                                                                                  UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $46, 1 fold, MP calls $46

Turn: ($173) 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                  MP checks, Hero bets $128 (All-In), MP calls $128

River: ($429) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $429

Results:
                                                                                                  Hero had J, K (one pair, twos).
                                                                                                  MP had 5, 6 (one pair, twos).
                                                                                                  Outcome: Hero won $426

Comment

This is just wrong, things arent always so clear cut in poker.
                                                                                                    Check calling a shove on that flop vs some players with AK is fine.

UGH, to sign up as a new account or not...

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

My brother has just turned 18 and taken an interest in poker though...

My mother also just took up poker, funny that.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Pretty good column from Freddie Mays in the PPP blog today IMO:

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                        My mother also just took up poker, funny that.
                                                                                                        how do I get around the obvious moneybookers issues do you reckon?

I.e, my bro would like to open a FTP account, but not a moneybookers, and would like to make use of mine? Would that be an issue? Not that I've used my moneybookers A/c on FTP, but its the same e-mail as the e-mail I used to sign up...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                          a new low
                                                                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEitrZU-nCw[/ame]

Comment

how do I get around the obvious moneybookers issues do you reckon?

I.e, my bro would like to open a FTP account, but not a moneybookers, and would like to make use of mine? Would that be an issue? Not that I've used my moneybookers A/c on FTP, but its the same e-mail as the e-mail I used to sign up...
                                                                                                            Thats a no go afaik, id open up a new Moneybookers account in his name.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Can anyone provide me with the link that Eagle Eye posted a while back(may have been on boards) for the site that when you stare at the lines for a few seconds you get hallucinations?

Comment

Can anyone provide me with the link that Eagle Eye posted a while back(may have been on boards) for the site that when you stare at the lines for a few seconds you get hallucinations?
                                                                                                                You will hallucinate! This mind-melting optical illusion will warp and distort your vision. Hallucinations without drugs!

Comment

Mods I think there are spam PMs going about.

Just got a really wierd one from Eternity

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                                    Mods I think there are spam PMs going about.

Just got a really wierd one from Eternity
                                                                                                                    Can you forward it onto me please Ciaran

Comment

me to.
                                                                                                                      I'll forward it to you kev
                                                                                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                                        me to.
                                                                                                                        I'll forward it to you kev
                                                                                                                        Thanks smurph. Its banned now anyway

Comment

how many posts do you need to become a three star general in this army?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X