This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Farcical that the ban doesn't wait until the appeal process is over.

Though I'm fairly sure you now have 7 days in the bank, and can abuse a Cmod/admin of your choosing without fear of a ban. I think I read it somewhere.
    I wonder if they're binding judgements now.

"I refer the mod to P_L v Gambling [2010] B.IE 69553437 where A LoLth found that calling someone delusional in this context was not abuse."
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 14-12-10, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      The snooze button, friend or foe? Discuss...
      A foe in my case anyway. When ever I need to get up earlier than usual, I have to set about 10 alarms on my phone because I tend to turn off the alarm in my sleep. When I'm kind of waking up, if the alarm goes off I think it's someone ringing so I just switch it off. By the 6th or 7th one, I get up. It's actually becoming a bit of a problem. If say for example I need to get up for 6.30 (like this morning), my first alarm would be set for 5.30 and at 10/15 minute intervals after that.

Comment

armed with these recomendations i will take a look in the local off licences afterwards

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          YUM!

Ah I see what you did there.

Don't really like them but thanking if for a smart post.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

bourbons are the nuts imo

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
              Any ps3 users notice that RTE realplayer is now on main menu? Its under a new tab of TV. Pretty nifty.
              about time.
              Hadnt noticed it actually
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

CHD, I think you should watch the game with me and some boardsies on Sunday
                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  I wonder if they're binding judgements now.

"I refer the mod to P_L v Gambling [2010] B.IE 69553437 where A LoLth found that calling someone delusional in this context was not abuse."
                  I am one of about 3 people here who will find this really funny.

In no way is that a good thing.
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

bourbons are the nuts imo
                      I'm obviously too much of a history geek, this is what I think of when I hear 'bourbons':

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        want to watch the game with chd as well
                        Well fellas, where we watching the game?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                          If I was around I'd nearly go along myself if this happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                            iam not much of a home drinker, the wife on the other hand does like a glass or two of wine in the evening who am i kiddin she would slug a bottle of it no problem. anyhow i have decided this xmass i am going to treat myself to a nice bottle of whiskey a step up from the usual stuff i drink at peoples houses or in the pub, powers, paddy, or jameson.

so any ideas?
                            something different, nice, flavoursome, something unusual thats not available in the local pub. something irish,scottish or english, and dosn't break the bank.
                            and please no burbons
                            Middelton as said above or

if you want to go proper old school

The LAST of the pot stilled whiskey's
                            Person I used to know who worked in Irish Distillers raved about it and Middelton very rare when asked to name a good whiskey

ps I don't drink whiskey (rips on my gut something fierce)

Comment

Either O'Neills or The Living Room.

Comment

How many people do AIB employ in this country? worldwide?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-12-10, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                                    Who is the figure in the united top? That meant to be him in his united days?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      Come on that is absolute rubbish!

Last season the second place team in La Liga Real Madrid finished 25 points ahead of the nearest team! This season already that gap after just 15 games is 21 points. The power structure within the league is disgusting.

Using the UEFA cup/Europa league cup record to justify anything is laughable for a whole host of obvious reasons.

Link - Domination by Barcelona and Real Madrid making Spain the new Scotland

Opr
                                      It d be rubbish if the argument was entertainment value. I agree the two horse race it's become over the last two or three years is dull, but put those teams in england italy germany or anywhere and it'd be the same two horse race. The standard in the rest of the league is quite high. The uefa league can't just be ignored because it doesn't agree with your sentiment, and sayung english clubs don't take it seriously and spanish do with no evidence whatsoever to back up that claim other than the actions of one manager doesn't wash with me.

As i said, england definitely had the better top four until recently but that was helped by their own monopoly, the same four teams always made the cl. That helped them in terms of experience and in having their best four sides in the competition. Look at spain in recent years and beyond the top two how unpredictable it is, sevilla were top four last year but are woeful this year, villareal are clearly the third best side in spain but aren't in the cl. I think that tide is shifting now also, but we'll see. I think villareal would be contenders for the english league and the english top four is not strong right now, but we'll have to see over a few years sample. There's things are cyclical, and it could all change in a few years anyway.

For unpredictability and entertainment all bar germany are a let down and it's a huge problem in football but yes especially in spain, but i find the idea there's only two teams in spain to be nonsense and mainly from people who don't actually watch the league, not saying you here but in general. The main evidence is simply from my own watching of it which isn't quantifiable, but the standard in a mid table clash in spain seems far higher than in england and the only evidence we have is results between those sides and performances in europe which are fairly emphatically one sided. The reason spain is a two horse race is it has two very good horses who'd be favourites and second favourites for any league.

EDIT to say I do accept the EPL is very good btw, just the notion of only two teams in Spain is nonsense. Even just look at the talent in the teams, look at the mid table of Spain right now you'll find the current world cup player of the year, Brazils main striker, some of the most sought after youngsters in Europe etc
                                      Last edited by Sledgejammer; 14-12-10, 14:02.
                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Rafael afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                          I am one of about 3 people here who will find this really funny.

In no way is that a good thing.
                                          definitely do make too many esoteric jokes.

We were the only group to get a first on our memorial btw, and by the sounds of it got solid marks for our actual moot. Obviously just got stuck with some woolly liberal sexist judge!

can't post pictures because of data protection
                                          don't think it applies to pms.

Comment

Rafel (the defender, prob spelled the name wrong)
                                            twitter
                                            moneybookers

Comment

I love Wikileaks. Just when you thought you knew how stupid the Dept of Finance is....

SPOILER
                                              KEVIN CARDIFF, the secretary general at the Department of Finance, told officials from the US embassy in Dublin in late 2008 that he was confident the Government would not have to bail out our banks.

This has emerged from the latest batch of secret US cables released by WikiLeaks.

In early October 2008, Irish officials were insisting to the US embassy that “herd mentality” based on “rumour and innuendo” had created the need for the blanket guarantee of deposits.

The US economic adviser wondered if Dublin had a grip on the crisis after the meeting with officials from the Central Bank of Ireland and the department.

In relation to Mr Cardiff, who was head of the department’s taxation and financial services division at the time, the cable said: “[Cardiff] pointed out that auditors contracted by his department to look at the books of at least two of the institutions under pressure came away with a ‘favourable impression of the loan books’,” the cable said. It added that he “stressed that all involved in putting together the package were confident that Government would not be forced to bail out the banks”.

Mr Cardiff, who became secretary general in January 2010, had added: “The genesis of this [the deposit guarantee] was classic ‘herd mentality’ based mostly on rumour and innuendo about Irish banks rather than any hard facts.” A spokesman for the Department of Finance declined to comment last night on the cables.

Washington’s economic adviser in Dublin warned that Ireland might be “a bit optimistic” about the financial sector’s prospects”.

Remarks by one of the regulatory officials are also recorded in the cable sent to Washington. “[Gordon] Barham [a Central Bank official] maintained that the level of impaired assets in the system stood at between 0.5 and 0.8 per cent and these are mostly confined to loans to commercial property developers. “When pressed, Barham said the media had exaggerated the level of problem assets and those that existed could be managed.”

The US adviser concluded that the Irish authorities would have their “work cut out” to rebuild the financial sector. “Against the background of the steep slump in the property market and anecdotal evidence we have picked up, it may be that government officials are being a bit optimistic in their assessment of the level of impaired assets.” –

SPOILER
                                              Of course you'd think anyone who is either so dumb or economical with the truth would be quietly spirted to some meaningless deskjob.

Nope not in Ireland. Here you get appointed head honcho
                                              You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                iam not much of a home drinker, the wife on the other hand does like a glass or two of wine in the evening who am i kiddin she would slug a bottle of it no problem. anyhow i have decided this xmass i am going to treat myself to a nice bottle of whiskey a step up from the usual stuff i drink at peoples houses or in the pub, powers, paddy, or jameson.

so any ideas?
                                                something different, nice, flavoursome, something unusual thats not available in the local pub. something irish,scottish or english, and dosn't break the bank.
                                                and please no burbons
                                                Green Spot

won't break the bank either in the way that Middleton might
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                  Anybody buying whiskey this year should be buying Cooley whiskey.

Only independent Whiskey distillery in Ireland. Winner of countless awards, and generally regarded as being some of the nicest stuff around.

Greenore is some good stuff.
                                                  Surprised it gets such recognition. Its literally brewed within a few miles of my family home.

Rafael??

Quick Q guys,

Need to get a very simple graphic designed. Its 2 very basic designs i need in jpg or gif form

suggestions please?
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

she emailed me again

and to icarus: yep, can't post pictures because of data protection, but we're talking about the absolute hotness.
                                                    As a slight aside.

When answering emails , act like the professor at all times. All conversations should be around her development as a student.

And sign off all your emails with

Keep up the good work
                                                    The Professor.

* then it will never come back to haunt you*

I wish I was a professor as nobody would be allowed to call me anything else. (Especially bollocks features)

Comment

Bourbons are the nuts imo
                                                      one concurs

edit; damn you ionapaul for making me look like an eejit. The pic stays, feel the ermine, mmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                        How many people do AIB employ in this country? worldwide?
                                                        about 20,000 in the Group afaik with about 12,000 of that being in Ireland

Comment

Comment

Comment

My god bounty bars are good.

Comment

ohhh nice legs!
                                                                thanks

Comment

do you pretty much get any with anything in the job as a freemason? any chance of writing me a letter of recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                    Rafael afaik.
                                                                    Is there some context I'm missing? Is that picture famous in its own right or something?

Comment

just spent about 40 mins trying to look up her photo, so really think that need to abide by this advice.
                                                                      whenever I think of Peruvians, I can't get images of guinea pigs or llamas out of my head

it's the same with most South\Central American countries, ridiculous stereotypes abound.

Brazilians = sex-mad, thong-wearing, football-playing dancing types
                                                                      Mexicans = poncho-wearing, sombrero-festooned killers of artificial donkeys
                                                                      Colombians = white suit-wearing ruthless drug lords

etc
                                                                      Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 14-12-10, 13:51.

Comment

do you pretty much get any with anything in the job as a freemason? any chance of writing me a letter of recommendation?
                                                                        Fianna Failers need not apply

Comment

I'm not actually a member of FF.

Comment

Comment

I see Tony fd is only 28 posts away from being our first poster with 4 stars. Very exciting times indeed.

Comment

I'm evil and right wing?

Comment

I'm not actually a member of FF.
                                                                                  Ogra FF counts

Comment

Where is CHD anyway, 26 hours ago he was raving drunk having just smashed a glass over his own head. Nothing since then and he should really have slept it off by now - should someone ring him to see if he needs an ambulance or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Ogra FF counts
                                                                                      Or that!

Comment

Or that!
                                                                                        I give up

Comment

Is there some context I'm missing? Is that picture famous in its own right or something?
                                                                                          Its from the last Manchester derby.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmVaSdg_M8[/ame]

Dont really think its a famous picture just fairly rescent.

Another good one from the soccer forum with the same photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                            I love Wikileaks. Just when you thought you knew how stupid the Dept of Finance is....

SPOILER
                                                                                            KEVIN CARDIFF, the secretary general at the Department of Finance, told officials from the US embassy in Dublin in late 2008 that he was confident the Government would not have to bail out our banks.

This has emerged from the latest batch of secret US cables released by WikiLeaks.

In early October 2008, Irish officials were insisting to the US embassy that “herd mentality” based on “rumour and innuendo” had created the need for the blanket guarantee of deposits.

The US economic adviser wondered if Dublin had a grip on the crisis after the meeting with officials from the Central Bank of Ireland and the department.

In relation to Mr Cardiff, who was head of the department’s taxation and financial services division at the time, the cable said: “[Cardiff] pointed out that auditors contracted by his department to look at the books of at least two of the institutions under pressure came away with a ‘favourable impression of the loan books’,” the cable said. It added that he “stressed that all involved in putting together the package were confident that Government would not be forced to bail out the banks”.

Mr Cardiff, who became secretary general in January 2010, had added: “The genesis of this [the deposit guarantee] was classic ‘herd mentality’ based mostly on rumour and innuendo about Irish banks rather than any hard facts.” A spokesman for the Department of Finance declined to comment last night on the cables.

Washington’s economic adviser in Dublin warned that Ireland might be “a bit optimistic” about the financial sector’s prospects”.

Remarks by one of the regulatory officials are also recorded in the cable sent to Washington. “[Gordon] Barham [a Central Bank official] maintained that the level of impaired assets in the system stood at between 0.5 and 0.8 per cent and these are mostly confined to loans to commercial property developers. “When pressed, Barham said the media had exaggerated the level of problem assets and those that existed could be managed.”

The US adviser concluded that the Irish authorities would have their “work cut out” to rebuild the financial sector. “Against the background of the steep slump in the property market and anecdotal evidence we have picked up, it may be that government officials are being a bit optimistic in their assessment of the level of impaired assets.” –

SPOILER
                                                                                            Of course you'd think anyone who is either so dumb or economical with the truth would be quietly spirted to some meaningless deskjob.

Nope not in Ireland. Here you get appointed head honcho
                                                                                            Probably the most depressing thing about the last few years is that the people who have shown themselves to be massive incompetents and ignorant of fundamental business concepts remain in the same positions as pre-crisis, or have been given such a huge golden handshake that they won't need to worry about the little people ever again.

The same idiots are in senior positions in the banks, the same idiots rule the roost in the civil service, the same idiots are in the government, they are dealing with the same idiots who maintain themselves as property developers (remember, the class who were lionised during the Celtic Tiger years as our best 'entrepreneurs'! LOL) and all are now being paid for by the idiot taxpayers who are listening to such self-serving sound-bites as 'lets not play the blame game' or 'we need to focus on solutions, not accusations'

I don't think it is conspiracy theory to say there is a class of well-connected people in the this country and most things are designed or at least tweaked to serve their purposes; an old boys club of a few thousand people who will never have to suffer real financial difficulties or go without a cushy number paid for, directly or indirectly, by the taxpayer. The fact that same faces make up the boards of all our semi-states and most of the large companies in the state is damning enough here, they all approve each other's big compensation packages and are the reason that no small shareholder based initiatives (like ordinary shareholders versus the banks in the past) ever get anywhere.

Sorry for a poorly constructed rant, I'm multitabling as I write this. Ireland is not alone in being run in this way either, the system in most countries is set up to benefit a small elite, but is still something to despair I think.

Comment

...

Comment

lol @ this question that came up, doing an ergonomics assessment atm.

Does your pointing device fit comfortably in your hand?

Comment

she emailed me again

and to icarus: yep, can't post pictures because of data protection, but we're talking about the absolute hotness.
                                                                                                  PM time
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

about 20,000 in the Group afaik with about 12,000 of that being in Ireland
                                                                                                    Thanks, was starting to think no-one could see my posts.

Just in an argument with some guy at work who says Ireland would be better of without AIB. I disagree

Comment

...

Comment

whenever I think of Peruvians, I can't get images of guinea pigs or llamas out of my head

it's the same with most South\Central American countries, ridiculous stereotypes abound.

Brazilians = sex-mad, thong-wearing, football-playing dancing types
                                                                                                        Mexicans = poncho-wearing, sombrero-festooned killers of artificial donkeys
                                                                                                        Colombians = white suit-wearing ruthless drug lords

etc
                                                                                                        lol pretty much like the majority of Ireland's impression. My 2 weeks in Colombia were a serious let down. Everyone though I was going to die or at least be raped and kidnapped. Never met one genuine drug dealer and only got offered weed twice.

Comment

lol, so true. Used to live in Mexico and that is such a ridiculous country. Only spent a week in Columbia, but the brother used to live there. Slightly funny wandering into bars in Bogota and having a few grams of coke waiting on the table 'in case you wanted it'.
                                                                                                          it's the one continent I've never been to so most of my stereotypes come from The Simpsons. Which is as good a place as any.

let's see, a few more:

Argentinians; wannabe Europeans, now poor, very poor
                                                                                                          Venezuela: led by crazy man, mucho mucho crazy
                                                                                                          Paraguayans; Nazis
                                                                                                          Bolivians; good at getting out of holes

Comment

I see Tony fd is only 28 posts away from being our first poster with 4 stars. Very exciting times indeed.
                                                                                                            You would think he had better things to do with a missus and family these days (He is such an internet whore )

Obviously joking as I have no probs about the amount of hours/days/weeks/months that he spends on the internet

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                lol pretty much like the majority of Ireland's impression. My 2 weeks in Colombia were a serious let down. Everyone though I was going to die or at least be raped and kidnapped. Never met one genuine drug dealer and only got offered weed twice.
                                                                                                                I don't know if you know Robbie who plays live cash around town (don't think he posts on here but I could be wrong)? He got abducted while taking a taxi drive in Colombia, gun waved in his face, relieved of his monies and driven into the 'hood - genuinely assumed he was going to be killed. Scary stuff.

Comment

it's the one continent I've never been to so most of my stereotypes come from The Simpsons. Which is as good a place as any.

let's see, a few more:

Argentinians; wannabe Europeans, now poor, very poor
                                                                                                                  Venezuela: led by crazy man, mucho mucho crazy
                                                                                                                  Paraguayans; Nazis
                                                                                                                  Bolivians; good at getting out of holes
                                                                                                                  Surely this is the Chileans?

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                                    Just in an argument with some guy at work who says Ireland would be better of without AIB. I disagree
                                                                                                                    he's right

pay the man his money

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                                                                      Surely this is the Chileans?
                                                                                                                      oh yeah

Bolivians; also miners but not as famous as the lads who are good at getting out of holes. Wear strange bowler hats.

Comment

...

Comment

he's right

pay the man his money
                                                                                                                          I'm may have to defer payment for two years...and then telling him i wont pay

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X