This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goose View Post
    This is turning me off football. Big Sam deserved to stay, he stablised the club, a club that had very little in terms of resources.
    He's lined up to replace Pardew at Newcastle afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      What happened Thurs?
      Ah final table 2nd in chips, out in 8th the usual bollox. Actually all pretty standard hands I was getting odds to call off on. Meh. Tag, Jp and dave picked 3 horses each in last longest, you me and ciaran were Tags picks. Me and Gareth were left to battle it out for the honours but i pushed A7 into AQ into QQ which was not very smart

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        If we can add Wexford to the list I'll vote
        Just ban Finkel, hes the one giving us a bad name.
        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          CHD was fairly tame this morning no? What's the problem?
          Hes probably a bit upset about Chelsea falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
            Think i'll just bank transfer the money. Seriously feel this is the ultimate cause of our time - even more so than oxfam etc.

what do you mean they froze your funds?

btw Emmet was talking to the gf and she was saying that tonnes of people on the course have already got jobs in JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs etc. Is that about standard at this stage in a masters? All she has had so far is a Davy's interview. Think she is relying on a certain prominent TCD russian economics lecturer (won't say his name to avoid google-ability) to introduce her to russian companies operating in ireland, but kind of need her to get a job!

All my money is in Moneybookers, so I don't pay the ridiculous €15 every time I want to transfer money from AIB to RBS.
            Wikileaks sympathisers succesfully took Moneybookers down for day a few days ago / was it yesterday? Wht day is today?

Yeah fairly standard for people to already have completed interviews and gotten job offers for the graduate programmes in IBs. I myself applied to the sum total of 0 of them. Wont have a clue what field I want to be getting into until I do my thesis tbh. And sure I'll only be finishing the MSc in end of August, nothing wrong with taking 7 weeks off, and then starting the applications to the 2012 programmes. If you get offered one, and they know you're actually finished your college work, then they usually just start you as soon as they can.

That being said, I'd hope that I can find some organisation that want to work with me on my thesis, seems to be a surefire way of getting a foot in the door for a job that would suit your studies down to the ground really. Think they're hoping to have 15 different "Thesis projects" with companies here, and only 30 in the class.

My Saturday exam will kill my GPA for that, so will have to figure out another way of getting my name into the hat for it. Also, a lot of the graduate programmes are in the Finance areas of the IBs, which is glorified accounting. In fact, its not even glorified. It is accounting, just accounting for IB.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
              Hes probably a bit upset about Chelsea falling apart.
              Oh yeah I know what his problem is, but people seem a bit more wound up by him than usual today - I thought it was fairly tame...

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                Finkle can do what he likes

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  The thing is you can only have one CHD. On boards.ie The Law of Big Numbers (copyright outlaw pete) would mean that some equally drunk MUFC or Tottenham fan would have been there responding in outrage and the whole thing would have generated into a mess and all of them would get banned. Whereas here people went 'awwww, look at him with his little drunk rage on again'.
                  should deffo be a spearate thread for dtunk posting.

LOL Blackburn , who ya gonna call? Sparky?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    should deffo be a spearate thread for dtunk posting.
                    The DBV?

Comment

He's lined up to replace Pardew at Newcastle afaik.

"Alan Pardew is appointed as Newcastle United's new manager. In other news, Newcastle United have parted company with manager Alan Pardew after what Mike Ashley has described as 'disappointing' results. He thanked Pardew for his sixteen minutes at St James's Park but said that "the board at Newcas.tle United has a long-term commitment to making bewildering and dumbfounding decisions."

Comment

I'm the Wexford leader you muppet. Now silence or I'll send you back to Raheny boys tennis club

Comment

X Factor........will he get that much pussy?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFzq3ZkdubE[/ame]
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                          http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

eh lads, as a UK taxpayer who is funding your bailout (your overlord, if you wish to attach a term to it), i'll be the judge of who gets ip-banned.
                            thats like using the N word. prepare ye thy left bollock for a kicking.

Comment

Are the crowd who bought Blackburn mega-rich big spender types a la Sheikh Mansour or what?

They say they've sacked him as part of their "wider plans"...

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                I'm the Wexford leader you muppet. Now silence or I'll send you back to Raheny boys tennis club
                                Just because you're the biggest doesnt mean you are the leader you massive burger eating piece of shit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Just because you're the biggest doesnt mean you are the leader you massive burger eating piece of shit.
                                  lol

Comment

Are the crowd who bought Blackburn mega-rich big spender types a la Sheikh Mansour or what?

Think their transfer budget is £7m

Comment

it means anyone wider than the fat lady has to go.

Comment

I mean, if we take here and this morning with CHD, we all just went 'CHD gonna CHD' and allowed him his indulgence, whereas on boards there would have been an insta-ban and comments about how he is probably the most evil person to ever enter the world, and we should probably ban all Wicklow IPs just in case he tries to post again.
                                        Conversely, nobody would have batted an eyelid if he'd been banned for 12 hours and told to go sleep it off.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Think their transfer budget is £7m
                                          Plus all the chicken you can eat-

That's why Big Sam had to go

Comment

Back to Raheny with you so. Is that you on the left

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                              Sacrificial Lamb
                                              Carlos Tevez, December 7: "I'm happy here. I really am. I do miss my family, just like anyone would when they are not around. But I don't see retirement happening for a long time to come. A sacrifice has to be made when you make a commitment like I have done with City and it is something I am going to see through. Once that job is done I will have plenty of time with my kids."

Carlos Tevez, December 12: "I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed."

A Brief History Of Carlos Tevez
                                              The boy's got form...

Boca Juniors (2001-2004)
                                              Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust-up with manager also ensues.

Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club: Two-and-a-half seasons.

Corinthians (2005-2006)
                                              Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Time at club: One season.

West Ham (2006-2007)
                                              Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Time at club: One season.

Manchester United (2007-2009)
                                              Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just five goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres. Parting shot of "I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them".

Time at club: Two seasons.

Manchester City (2009-????)
                                              Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time allegedly banging his mistress (the actually banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest-paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.

Time at club: One-and-a-half seasons so far, some of it begrudgingly.

Who would sign him now?
                                              Anyone looking for a STRIKEr

I'll get me jacket

Comment

Guarenteed Soccer Forum infraction here, but I couldn't resist

Comment

Guarenteed Soccer Forum infraction here, but I couldn't resist
                                                  should've reported his post. Then made fun of him when he was banned.

Way funnier

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Think i'll just bank transfer the money. Seriously feel this is the ultimate cause of our time - even more so than oxfam etc.

what do you mean they froze your funds?

btw Emmet was talking to the gf and she was saying that tonnes of people on the course have already got jobs in JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs etc. Is that about standard at this stage in a masters? All she has had so far is a Davy's interview. Think she is relying on a certain prominent TCD russian economics lecturer (won't say his name to avoid google-ability) to introduce her to russian companies operating in ireland, but kind of need her to get a job!
                                                      The jobs in Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan in particular are not standard, they are hard to come by no matter who you are and how well you've done. However, for lots of other stuff the applications have been going for a while at this stage, its possible people may have offers and if she hasn't applied to a load of them she may have missed the boat for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        For those of you with decent PCs capable of running fairly modern games, if you haven't already got Left 4 Dead 2, it's on sale for only €4.99, great bargain:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/
                                                        A fiver? Might chance it on the old banger tomorrow

eh lads, as a UK taxpayer who is funding your bailout (your overlord, if you wish to attach a term to it), i'll be the judge of who gets ip-banned.
                                                        You mean as a Freemason,the real overlords.

CHD was fairly tame this morning no? What's the problem?
                                                        His parents might not agree when they try to turn the light on.
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Ah Shit i taught the germans were bailing out ireland, Well back to telling people i think my surname is German

Comment

Re media centers. Lifehacker have a few articles
                                                            XBMC is a fantastic and free cross-platform media center application we're nuts for. If you've wanted to start using it or just wanted to customize t

You won't find a better media center than the open-source XBMC , but most people don't have the space or desire to plug a noisy PC into their TV. Ins

I've often planned on getting one but i never have.
                                                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Sarah Palin hired a plane to bring Todd and Trig off for a days Moose hunting in a remote part of Alaska. They had a good day and bagged six big moose.
                                                              As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could take only 4 moose.
                                                              Sarah objected strongly. "Last year we shot six. The pilot let us take them all and he had the same plane as yours."
                                                              Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded.
                                                              The plane took off however, while attempting to cross some mountains even on full power the little plane couldn't handle the load and it went down.
                                                              Somehow, surrounded by the body of the dead pilot and the moose, The Palins all survived the crash.
                                                              After climbing out of the wreckage, Todd asked Sarah,"Any idea where we are?"
                                                              Sarah replied,
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              "I think we're pretty damn close to where we crashed last year!!"
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Gerry Ryan rapping about drugs. I can't believe he sank so low
                                                                I guess that would make him a hip-hopocrite

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXO2hsv2SlE[/ame]

Comment

On the topic of HTPCs, I have an unused laptop with some psu issues at the moment, it has good specs tho. Assuming the power issues can be fixed, would it be possible to sort of turn it into a HTPC? I mean could you install whatever OS and other software is necessary and use it like a HTPC? At the minute it is just sitting there collecting dust, so I'd be happy enough to make it a little project of mine if ye think it's possible/worthwhile. I have no idea what is involved though. FWIW it has a large HD, HDMI and Bluray. When the psu went on it I got insurance money for a new laptop so didn't think to do anything with it since then.

Comment

LOL CHD, kept me entertained in the early hours. Haters gona hate, the place would have been dead without him, and I wouldn't have been able to keep my eyes open otherwise!

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                    What was the Market like? I have a date there at the weekend need to case the place out.
                                                                    Went there on a date last week myself. Stay clear of the pickamix imo. I'm fucking sick of it after going a bit ott. We went for a meal in a place called Kudos, down the road a few mins, and I would defo recommend steering clear of that place too, what we had I wouldn't call restaurant quality, more like take away(even though the service was decent). Run good!

Posted already, almost as soon as it happened. Keep up!

Comment

want one of these
                                                                      Gamers have largely gotten a bad rep for being lazy, slothful people who spend their hours mindlessly pressing buttons. The Wii changed that a bit by getting kids (and their parents... and their parents) up off the couch, but what about giving their brains a workout too? For your family's little mind freak to-be Mattel is introducing the Mindflex, a brain-powered game that relies on your mental activity to control the height of a ball suspended in a column of air. Don the headset then start concentrating to make the purple orb rise; relax and it lowers. There are six total game types but all entail getting a ball over, under, and through a variety of hoops and the like, sometimes against a clock so that you can challenge your friends. Sadly you have to actually reach up and turn the dial to move the ball around the course, but in our heads on trial we found the thing to be impressively responsive, gently sinking down when we thought about getting some sleep -- then shooting back up again when we pondered the number of posts left to write tonight. It was challenging for sure, and definitely turned a lot of heads, but we're a little concerned that extended sessions could be headache inducing. Its $80 price tag might cause some temple pain too when the thing releases this fall, but we've certainly spent more money on things that were less fun -- and mentally stimulating. Video of floaty balls and squinting players below. %Gallery-41245%

jedi powers ftw
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Sarah Palin hired a plane to bring Todd and Trig off for a days Moose hunting in a remote part of Alaska. They had a good day and bagged six big moose.
                                                                        As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could take only 4 moose.
                                                                        Sarah objected strongly. "Last year we shot six. The pilot let us take them all and he had the same plane as yours."
                                                                        Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded.
                                                                        The plane took off however, while attempting to cross some mountains even on full power the little plane couldn't handle the load and it went down.
                                                                        Somehow, surrounded by the body of the dead pilot and the moose, The Palins all survived the crash.
                                                                        After climbing out of the wreckage, Todd asked Sarah,"Any idea where we are?"
                                                                        Sarah replied,
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        "I think we're pretty damn close to where we crashed last year!!"

"She neer learned her lesson from last year like?"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0[/ame]

Comment

Has anyone suggested Allardyce for Liverpool yet?

Would be a serious statement of the new owners intent if they could fight off milan, real and west ham to secure his services

Comment

Ah fck, this is way too drunk a message for me to be sending to the class rep:

That sounds slighty embarassing.
                                                                                how do you get away with this stuff???

Comment

Thank you Gisella - you are very nice, maybe its a perving thing!
                                                                                  FYP
                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Crickey HH I wish you were one of my lecturers, rather than this bollix Salotti who hasn't given us any indication what is coming up for tomorrow's Money & Banking exam, he basically said we have to know the entire book, half of the stuff we never covered in class.

I assume you feel slightly guilty for all the hungover mornings, and give 'hints' of the exam, yeah?

Actually, slightly more seriously, why is it some lecturers tell fuck all about what is coming up, and others basically give out the exact questions? Surely it looks better from their POV that their students get good grades??

Comment

"As a karate expert I will not talk about anyone up here, because our children cannot afford to live anywhere, there's nowhere to go"

lol

Comment

Any one remember that site were you pay £6 or something for a 2 month subscription to the football streams?
                                                                                        Some one recommended it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                          "As a karate expert I will not talk about anyone up here, because our children cannot afford to live anywhere, there's nowhere to go"

lol
                                                                                          how'd that exam go today? the help paid off?

Comment

To Lotto.ie

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66CCz73ABFg&feature=feedu[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                                              Any one remember that site were you pay £6 or something for a 2 month subscription to the football streams?
                                                                                              Some one recommended it.
                                                                                              Why pay? Surely this place can sort you out for 99% of them http://myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports
                                                                                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                                                Some one recommended it.
                                                                                                ITs very good. def worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                  Why pay? Surely this place can sort you out for 99% of them http://myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports
                                                                                                  I can yeah but poor quality of videos that constantly crash!

http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/
                                                                                                  Just ordered it there and it says i have no subscription?

Comment

Who's this young fella in goals for Arsenal?

Comment

Koscielny and Squillaci start together with Szczesny in goal. I fully expect UTD to score more than once tonight. Szczesny looks a good prospect but surely this is too big for him. If he comes out of this with a fantastic performance i will applaud him. Squillaci is not good enough. Arsenal really need Vermaelen back if they want to mount a serious challenge for the league.

Comment

http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/
                                                                                                        Is there a way of pulling video into media player so i can re size?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

and so Jesus was born in a stable.

He reminds me of this fellow

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkeAzqhlkNk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkeAzqhlkNk[/ame]

Comment

Well I had a productive afternoon today.

On an unrelated note I am definitely retired from playing that f***ing space invaders game.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                              Well I had a productive afternoon today.

On an unrelated note I am definitely retired from playing that f***ing space invaders game.
                                                                                                              I will have my revenge

Edit: Given it took you 2:15 I'm reconsidering my plans for revenge
                                                                                                              Last edited by daire; 13-12-10, 19:42.

Comment

berbtov not starting wtf Fergie? and Scholes not even in the squad, LOL Berbs knocked 5 in lasr time

Comment

Just to check i'm not insane, did Andy Gray just say 'look at this quartet' and then refer to a group of 5 players.... jesus

Comment

rapidshare?!!!
                                                                                                                    ftw. shudder to think how much this would have cost me otherwise.

Comment

berbtov not starting wtf Fergie? and Scholes not even in the squad, LOL Berbs knocked 5 in lasr time
                                                                                                                      It'll keep him on his toes.

Tactical baby, smoother MF of the gooners

Comment

Dexter writers should be culled.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          ftw. shudder to think how much this would have cost me otherwise.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1584/itunesg.jpg
                                                                                                                          fucking hell, that is a ridiculous amount of music!

Any idea of how much of it you've actually heard?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X