Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just thinking ive no more tv to watch at the moment with Boardwalk Empire/The Walking Dead/Dexter finishing up but I remember I havent seen Season 4 of Mad Men

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Also @V, if you really think that Clermont will beat Leinster this w/e, then you should probably take a position in them at 12/1 for the outright competition win as they would surely end up with 5 wins (will beat Racing at home and the hapless Saracens away) and a home QF if they do beat Leinster
      i rembemr Caf said that he went down there, he said one of the big prob he found was a lack of people around so he was considental hanggled into buying stuff and then he went and bought a 20euro bag of picknmix!

Pm might work if he is around in the next ten mins or so!

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
        Tonight could be the best game of football this season(too early to talk about it?)
        Who is the game bigger for? Arsenal imo.
        Yeah what's with the best games being on Mondays this year, wierd. I wonder if the Gooners are going to break thier recent biannual tradition of bending over and taking one from United and Chelsea!
        Last edited by The Situation; 13-12-10, 12:54.
        Profit before people.

Comment

My Hem is acting the bollox.

its importing hands but anytime I try to run a report over last say "x hours" it gives me nothing. No hands, all "N/a" and none of the graphing works.

Any ideas whats going on?

Much appreciated.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Yeah what's with the best games being on Mondays this year, wierd. I wonder if the Gooners are going to break thier recent biannual tradition of bending over and taking one from United and Chelsea!
            As a United fan I hope they don't but if they 4 points from their games with United and Chelsea they'll be in a really strong position.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              I'll save the stick it up yer gash for the Springtime.

And Yea Munster with POC and ROG showing their true colours looked a bit special yesterday OK

Leinster achieved what Munster achieved over there twice in years past?

Munster did very well to grind it out after the intercept try. Like Leinster, the hard work has yet to be done next weekend.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                Looks like we are still on track for snowmageddon!

Opr
                I have to say that forum makes very little sense to me!

Comment

4/1/3/2

4 is unbelievable 3 has some pretty impressive movement!

[NSFW="you have been warned"][/NSFW]

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    Looks like we are still on track for snowmageddon!

Opr
                    They've already pushed back their original prediction of it starting on Thursday then?

It will fall to bits before it gets here.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                      As a United fan I hope they don't but if they 4 points from their games with United and Chelsea they'll be in a really strong position.
                      I reckon the key to united's title chances is keeping Rio and Vidic fit. They've only conceeded .7 goals a game with them in the side over the past three seasons compared to 1.6 without one or both. I think they can cope with injuries in other areas but the replacement at the back simply aren't good enough.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        I reckon the key to united's title chances is keeping Rio and Vidic fit. They've only conceeded .7 goals a game with them in the side over the past three seasons compared to 1.6 without one or both. I think they can cope with injuries in other areas but the replacement at the back simply aren't good enough.
                        Yup most good title winning teams are based on a solid defence.
                        With the exception of la liga of course.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                          They've already pushed back their original prediction of it starting on Thursday then?

I guess that means based on your prediction record we're fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                            Ya both yoru picks ad such fine games yesterday.
                            Leicester smashed off the field miracle they were not beaten by more
                            and Biarritz losing to Italian opposition who have not even won a magners league game.
                            I presume its a sorry case of trolling
                            pretty poor form imo.

both scores were huge upsets.

Ire vs Arg bet didn't turn out for you after I recommended against it, but I never felt the need to mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              If I hear another person on the street or in the pub start dancing and singing fuck your Subaru, I've a HAAAARSE outside I will deck them. I appreciate that it is a funny song but I can't listen to eejits shouting it every 5 minutes.

Comment

Raoul, christmas market, don't get the mother ship pie, especially after the giant suasage rolls.

got the mother a cool present there last year , basically a train with optional amount of carraiges on it, each one to represent her grandkids, the stallholder really thought it was early christmas after we added up the amount of grandkids /carraiges needed. Da mudder loved it.

Rule I'd change in RU, I don't like the hoisting of a player at lineout. giimme standing positions. like the old days . Also to piss of the Argies I'd place a limit on the amount of territory kicking you can do (not enforacable I know but I'ts boring imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  Its a different langauage - reading it I feel like how a nonpoker player must feel if they come across a hand history thread.

Aye, imo Gulf Stream to win out and temps to be a balmy 3 to 10c for the rest of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                    If I hear another person on the street or in the pub start dancing and singing fuck your Subaru, I've a HAAAARSE outside I will deck them. I appreciate that it is a funny song but I can't listen to eejits shouting it every 5 minutes.
                                    Do it go fucking loco on them!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      pretty poor form imo.

Ire vs Arg bet didn't turn out for you after I recommended against it, but I never felt the need to mention it.
                                      Hooray for you Emmet reason why i dont give tips majority i do win but wheres the gratitude damed if you do damned if you dont etc
                                      argentian should have been rewarded apenalty try at the start after that they w
                                      ere awful have really regressed.
                                      Perpignan beating Leicester not a huge upset there a very good team at home.
                                      Biarritz losing was a huge upset
                                      i think teh chap was saying in light of both Munster and Leinsters weekend performances they were no hopers basically i was just pointing out is two picks good teams with pedigree in the cup had bad results
                                      one swallow does not make a summer

Comment

Aargh I really can't wait for this week to be over, I have 5 exams this week. Friday seems like months away at this stage

Leinster achieved what Munster achieved over there twice in years past?

Munster did very well to grind it out after the intercept try. Like Leinster, the hard work has yet to be done next weekend.
                                        Munster will be doing very well to get further than the quarter finals this year imho. They just aren't strong enough. And I don't know what others think, but bringing in Mafi and Tuitupou have been steps backwards for Munster, they just give away far too many penalties, and that will cost them dearly as the HEC progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          Raoul, christmas market, don't get the mother ship pie, especially after the giant suasage rolls.
                                          too late

chicken and mushroom pie, white wine and tarragon sauce, decent pastry, more than acceptable 8/10. wp rufio
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            pretty poor form imo.

May i ask why you felt the need too mention it now?

Comment

ah Lloyd, don't be tempting those fecking weather gods again. Look what happened last time

Comment

I was in Chapter One on Saturday night with my lady. I thought it was very overpriced for what it was. Pichet is much better value for money for a similar quality of food, wine and service.

Comment

May i ask why you felt the need too mention it now?
                                                  cause you called out Aya.

Wouldn't have said a word otherwise
                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 13-12-10, 13:43. Reason: got username wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    Its a different langauage - reading it I feel like how a nonpoker player must feel if they come across a hand history thread.

Aye, imo Gulf Stream to win out and temps to be a balmy 3 to 10c for the rest of the month.
                                                    so we're not lumping on the white christmas then no?

Comment

too late

chicken and mushroom pie, white wine and tarragon sauce, decent pastry, more than acceptable 8/10. wp rufio
                                                      What was the Market like? I have a date there at the weekend need to case the place out.

Comment

Just had a look over the tables and can't get over how good the French are this year in the HC. Every team is competitive, even Racing Metro and Castres (who are perenially shite in the HC).
                                                        The English teams are muck.

Comment

Hooray for you Emmet reason why i dont give tips majority i do win but wheres the gratitude damed if you do damned if you dont etc
                                                          argentian should have been rewarded apenalty try at the start after that they w
                                                          ere awful have really regressed.
                                                          Perpignan beating Leicester not a huge upset there a very good team at home.
                                                          Biarritz losing was a huge upset
                                                          i think teh chap was saying in light of both Munster and Leinsters weekend performances they were no hopers basically i was just pointing out is two picks good teams with pedigree in the cup had bad results
                                                          one swallow does not make a summer
                                                          I'm not going to get into a big drawn out debate about it but both those teams I mentioned are quality set piece operators and their scrum is strong enough to match anyone. Their line out is very effective they will be the two most competitive teams at break down time due to their back rows being so competitive. Munster lack a scrum, Leinster are better in that area but their tight five is not good enough also I dont rate Reddan/Boss as anything more than decent.
                                                          Biarritz losing was an upset but you said yourself 1 swallow does not make a summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                            What was the Market like? I have a date there at the weekend need to case the place out.
                                                            plenty of art and crafty tat, nothing to write home about

pleasant place to spend an hour maybe, sipping mulled wine - pop down from town on the Luas

edit; 4,000th post! epic tale will have to wait until 5,000 now

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                              LOL , Pure lies

Comment

too late

wait 4 hours, grab a newspaper and a close peg. enjoy the solitude

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                  LOL , Pure lies
                                                                  Nope the fruition of my Facebook abuse the other night.

Comment

Andy was your hand v Jimmy Kenny ( Bananababy) in the ipb game in barrys the bad beat of the day . Liam from CPT was asking me and i wasn't sure .
                                                                    It was. But I had the quads and he had the full house, so ship the ticket his way.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                      I was in Chapter One on Saturday night with my lady. I thought it was very overpriced for what it was. Pichet is much better value for money for a similar quality of food, wine and service.
                                                                      I thought Pichet's was slightly overrated in terms of food quality.

Speaking of food, anyone doing anything exciting for there Christmas starter? I'm looking for suggestions.
                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I am a technophobe and here is my question to you all-knowing geeks fine people of the BBV;

We have tons of DVDs and CDs floating aorund the house and Mrs Duke suggested it would be ideal if we could store them all in one place digitally, dump the physical CD\DVDs and just play them through the TV. 'Great idea', sez I, 'how the feck would we do that?' She has no clue and neither do I.

We have a Sony Braiva tv, wireless internet and Sony home cinema - what would be the ideal setup and what would I need to buy to make it happen?

ty in advance etc etc

Comment

@Sickpuppy, I may have grossly mistaken this situation. I blame exams. Will reread thread and apologise properly later if I should!

Comment

For those of you with decent PCs capable of running fairly modern games, if you haven't already got Left 4 Dead 2, it's on sale for only €4.99, great bargain:

Set in the zombie apocalypse, Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) is the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Left 4 Dead, the #1 co-op game of 2008. This co-operative action horror FPS takes you and your friends through the cities, swamps and cemeteries of the Deep South, from Savannah to New Orleans across five expansive campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

The guy predicting the above has been spot on for most of the winter so far. He has been banging on about this big event now since the end of the last cold snap. From my limited understanding all of the models this morning seem to have fallen in line with his predictions.

Most of the met offices have now issued severe weather warnings.

Early Warning of - Heavy Snow Met office

Opr

Comment

I am a technophobe and here is my question to you all-knowing geeks fine people of the BBV;

We have tons of DVDs and CDs floating aorund the house and Mrs Duke suggested it would be ideal if we could store them all in one place digitally, dump the physical CD\DVDs and just play them through the TV. 'Great idea', sez I, 'how the feck would we do that?' She has no clue and neither do I.

We have a Sony Braiva tv, wireless internet and Sony home cinema - what would be the ideal setup and what would I need to buy to make it happen?

ty in advance etc etc
                                                                                All sorts of options. Keeping it simple get an acer 3610. The business IMHO.

As for me betting against Leinster no chance. I love my sport unsullied by the prospect of winning cash. I have never enjoyed a game more because I have a bet on. Heresy I know.

Also I think Tony is harsh on munster. Great performance and quite unlucky overall IMO. I reckon they'll cruise into the quarter finals. Coughlan is looking like a fantastic player.
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                  All sorts of options. Keeping it simple get an acer 3610. The business IMHO.
                                                                                  I already have a laptop though

do I not just need an external HD?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    For those of you with decent PCs capable of running fairly modern games, if you haven't already got Left 4 Dead 2, it's on sale for only €4.99, great bargain:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/
                                                                                    Got it lastnight, did your ipb group thing ever take off?

Comment

ty in advance etc etc
                                                                                      You would want to buy one of these And two of these but you could start with one and add a second later.
                                                                                      Also you will need something to play the media to the TV. I have [ame="http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Play-Media-Player-Black/dp/B002MCZJ3C"]this one[/ame] and it works very well

Then you have choices, you could sit and spend weeks ripping all the stuff from disc to the Network Storage or you could just get a RS Account and download the few bits you want. Really you won't be bothered ripping and getting rid of the old discs you just won't be getting any more.
                                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-12-10, 14:12.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

great stuff. i have the cracked version, so wasn't able to play online. didn't fancy spending 20 quid for the full game, but at that price i'll get it and join your little clan for some zombie bashing. i want the chainsaw!!! ;-))

Comment

ty in advance etc etc
                                                                                          the best thing to do IMO is to get your self a HTPC and then install Mediaportal on it.

you can then have everything in one box working with one remote.

and by everything i mean,music,TV,DVDs,Downloads,Movies,Internet, and shit load of other stuff.

you can by a good HTPC from ebay(it's essentially a high-spec PC that works very quietly).

the only problem with it ,is that you need to be somewhat techy cuz it does require some costumizing when you first set it up.

however, when you set it up,nothing comes close to it in terms of what you can do with it.

for example you can buy another card for it,and make it control the lights in your house.

when you put a movie on ,it will dim the lights for you and when you press pause it will go back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                            Got it lastnight, did your ipb group thing ever take off?
                                                                                            Well, three of us played a game last week, good craic, hopefully we'll set up a few more over the next while. Join up whenever you remember, we'll go slaughtering zombies!

Comment

I already have a laptop though

do I not just need an external HD?
                                                                                              A home theatre pc gives you so many more options imo. For example streaming rugby matches or browsing, music and downloading and the flicking to tv and recording etc. Go with the hard drive standalone if you like but for me the price the nettop and wireless keyboard and mouse or iphone or remote is just very slick.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

You would want to buy one of these And two of these but you could start with one and add a second later.
                                                                                                Also you will need something to play the media to the TV. I have this one and it works very well
                                                                                                cheers sp,

so the first thing is the technology and the second bit(s) are just the storage disks?

Does this work via wireless technology too? i.e. can I add it into my wireless network or would I have to plug it into my laptop anytime I wanted to add more content onto it?

I think tylerdurden was telling me about the media player yoke before, that seems like the easiest bit!

in my ideal world, I would stick the storage behind the TV together with the media player and would be able to play media files through the TV at the click of a remote. I'd also be able to copy content from my laptop to the storage device over my wireless network.

Comment

Is someone here Reap911? pretty sure they are.
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'll get that later and give it a spin - a fiver to have a game seems fairly hard to resist...

Comment

Just had a look over the tables and can't get over how good the French are this year in the HC. Every team is competitive, even Racing Metro and Castres (who are perenially shite in the HC).
                                                                                                      The English teams are muck.
                                                                                                      Have actually watched a few more games of Premiership rugby so far this year than ever before. It has nosedived dramatically in terms of standard. The Magners League is closer than ever before imo. Particularly during the Internationals when top players were AWOL, a couple of the Premiership games I saw were horrendous. Turgid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        A home theatre pc gives you so many more options imo. For example streaming rugby matches or browsing, music and downloading and the flicking to tv and recording etc. Go with the hard drive standalone if you like but for me the price the nettop and wireless keyboard and mouse or iphone or remote is just very slick.
                                                                                                        I understand (sort of) but what about storage capacity?

Would you also buy a cheapo external HD to go along with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                          the best thing to do IMO is to get your self a HTPC and then install Mediaportal on it.

you can then have everything in one box working with one remote.

and by everything i mean,music,TV,DVDs,Downloads,Movies,Internet, and shit load of other stuff.

you can by a good HTPC from ebay(it's essentially a high-spec PC that works very quietly).

the only problem with it ,is that you need to be somewhat techy cuz it does require some costumizing when you first set it up.

however, when you set it up,nothing comes close to it in terms of what you can do with it.

for example you can buy another card for it,and make it control the lights in your house.

when you put a movie on ,it will dim the lights for you and when you press pause it will go back to normal.
                                                                                                          that thing sounds the nutsssssssssssssss

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                            Munster will be doing very well to get further than the quarter finals this year imho. They just aren't strong enough. And I don't know what others think, but bringing in Mafi and Tuitupou have been steps backwards for Munster, they just give away far too many penalties, and that will cost them dearly as the HEC progresses.
                                                                                                            They are yet again holding their own in a tough group. If they survive this pool, no-one will want them in the next phase.

Comment

Is there more sneachta on the way , do we need to get worried or is it just a slight possibility

Comment

I have this one and it works very well
                                                                                                                What do you use for storage? NAS or just plug in a external HD? Or can you stream from your pc over the wireless network?

Comment

Is there more sneachta on the way , do we need to get worried or is it just a slight possibility
                                                                                                                  Models projecting 7+ days into the future reckon a significant weather event is going to come down on top of us from the North East next weekend and will bring much heavier snow fall and lower temperatures than two weeks ago. The accuracy of any model that projects more than hours in advance is shaky to say the least though. Loads of variables in play that can completely alter an expected out come.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    Is someone here Reap911? pretty sure they are.
                                                                                                                    Not me if I'm who you're thinking of. I play under silent reap on ipoker
                                                                                                                    You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

The best of the posters on the weather forum, the guys that chart these things daily and have a history of being right - they think major snow is quite likely.
                                                                                                                      Me, with no knowledge of weather charting and little more than gut instinct reckons nothing will happen this time other than a bit of cold rain.

Comment

A brief history of Carlos Tevez

Sacrificial Lamb
                                                                                                                        Carlos Tevez, December 7: "I'm happy here. I really am. I do miss my family, just like anyone would when they are not around. But I don't see retirement happening for a long time to come. A sacrifice has to be made when you make a commitment like I have done with City and it is something I am going to see through. Once that job is done I will have plenty of time with my kids."

Carlos Tevez, December 12: "I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed."

A Brief History Of Carlos Tevez
                                                                                                                        The boy's got form...

Boca Juniors (2001-2004)
                                                                                                                        Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust-up with manager also ensues.

Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club: Two-and-a-half seasons.

Corinthians (2005-2006)
                                                                                                                        Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Time at club: One season.

West Ham (2006-2007)
                                                                                                                        Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Time at club: One season.

Manchester United (2007-2009)
                                                                                                                        Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just five goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres. Parting shot of "I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them".

Time at club: Two seasons.

Manchester City (2009-????)
                                                                                                                        Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time allegedly banging his mistress (the actually banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest-paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.

Time at club: One-and-a-half seasons so far, some of it begrudgingly.

Who would sign him now?

Comment

Ughh , just watched the long range FC on sky and if they are accurate then it looks like we are fooooked again .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X