X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    all the judges pick a winner in the 2nd week
    the girl out of pussycat dolls (who was there instead of cheryl) and simon both picked gamu as the eventual winner.

Some awkward looks when it was read out
    lol. I really didn't think she was as good as that at all.

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
    Well that is Xmas fully paid for with the Matt win, have to say i was less confident as things were going on.
    Yea, he got worse and worse from the midday way point tbh.
    He won every week by a country mile bar week one where he came second, incredibly sick and kind of a bit much really, some weeks he was pretty poor.

Wagner never really got very popular votes wise but increased all most every week, surviving mostly because some people were amazingly unpopular.

lol, Aiden got less popular every week, almost.

Wondering which weeks they allowed it to go to deadlock?
    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 13-12-10, 00:40.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      Reminds me a bit of Little Heroes. Have it on the bookshelf, and could ship it over if you want. Such a crap book, but excellent ideas and highly readable.

EDIT: it reminds me of Idiocracy, which know you don't like that much, but really enjoyed
      Na cheers,I will ad it to the list though
      I have an embarrassingly large stack of books i have been buying over the last year or so and not reading to get through

Attention span and all...

As for Idiocracy, great idea, weak script, studio's fault AFAIK
      (cracking documentary)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Meh i'm over it now. He's been punished for the crime. There's very little money in Snooker compared to other sports and he tried to make a few quid on the side in a Mickey Mouse game, got caught, got punished now is trying to get his life back on track doing what he does best. And at his best, he's as good as anyone is, or anyone ever was. People do stupid silly things all the time, and he's going to be carrying a burden on his back for the rest of his life.

Relating it to UFC which you're a fan of, GSP is a confirmed cheater. He's been involved in a few fights where he's been greased up with vaseline which is totally against the rules, but he's still a legend and not classed as a cheating dirty scumbag by the masses bar a few inside the sport such as BJ Penn and Matt Hughes.

I'm quite happy John won and i think he deserved it on the back of everything and hope he carries on playing for a long time
        Disagree completely Tony, he got no sort of punishment at all really.
        Losing on purpose is the worst kind of cheating and is not comparable to the GSP incident i think.

Higgins is a very wealthy man and in no way needs to be doing anything dodgy on the side to make extra cash. If it was a lower tier player who isnt making much on the tour maybe that excuse would carry more weight with some people but Higgins is a World Champion and an ambassador for the sport, what he did is inexcusable and should have been a lifetime ban imo.
        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Think you're missing the point a little bit. It's not any individual joke (although liked his 'Loose Women Iran' thing, and the Shawshank Redemption), it's what he represents. He represents the exact opposite to the standard crap we are given in most tv shows and is actually allowed a bit of leeway imo.

EDIT: and the George Michael Highway Code
          I like offensive comedy. I just dont see any humour in what he said. Im not offended by it or anything, I just thought it was a pretty poor attempt to get a reaction, the gag just doesnt make any sense. its very very poorly written, Im sure if he sat down and thought more he could have come up with a better joke about them, it just reeks of laziness.
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Meh i'm over it now. He's been punished for the crime. There's very little money in Snooker compared to other sports and he tried to make a few quid on the side in a Mickey Mouse game, got caught, got punished now is trying to get his life back on track doing what he does best. And at his best, he's as good as anyone is, or anyone ever was. People do stupid silly things all the time, and he's going to be carrying a burden on his back for the rest of his life.
            He was found guilty and banned Tony. That's enough really.

There shouldn't ever be an option if your found guilty. Ban for life, he was caught and afaic it's that simple.

I understand that snooker is trying to compete and bring in a few quid to the game and perhaps the whole Higgins episode will help that, and that goes a long way towards their motivations. It's still a bit sad though.
            Last edited by dannydiamond; 13-12-10, 00:43.
            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              . Now I just annoy DD about you know who>
              what's the story there Willie think i missed it

Comment

I saw the videos and I'm shocked he is still playing. A picture paints a 1000 words.
                it's irrelevant how many carrots are dangled and by who. meh snooker is dying as a sport
                and this type of thinking will finally kill it off.
                I'd be pretty sure it happens up and down the country in every event where players back themselves to win/lose and it's been that way for a long time. It is a dying sport which Barry Hearn is trying hard to revive, and they need talents like Higgins in the game.

The last cheating scandal to hit snooker was Jamie Burnett v Stephen Maguire in a match where they missed some subious shots and were accused of match fixing, and i'd say there's many more. It's part and parcel of the game unfortunetly and a 6 month ban for Higgins should be a real deterant for others and life long bans will be dished out if players outside of the elite are caught doing it

Comment

El Tren playing the Irish Open now on RTE2

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                    He was found guilty and banned Tony. That's enough really.

There shouldn't ever be an option if your found guilty. Ban for life, he was caught and afaic it's that simple.
                    matt le tissier kicked a ball out for a throw in from the kick off to collect on a spread bet, banned for like

a footballer found guilty of diving and gets a yellow card, he should be banned for life ?
                    Last edited by nicnicnic; 13-12-10, 00:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                      Disagree completely Tony, he got no sort of punishment at all really.
                      Losing on purpose is the worst kind of cheating and is not comparable to the GSP incident i think.

Higgins is a very wealthy man and in no way needs to be doing anything dodgy on the side to make extra cash. If it was a lower tier player who isnt making much on the tour maybe that excuse would carry more weight with some people but Higgins is a World Champion and an ambassador for the sport, what he did is inexcusable and should have been a lifetime ban imo.
                      A lifelong ban for a player that has the capability for being the Sports No1 ranked player for a long time is extreme and is not something snooker needs. I agree about cheating, and i can't remember the game, but he's served his time for his mistake. If it was a lower ranked player, i think he might have been given a lifetime ban and they defo favourered Higgins. I'm not sure how the players on the circuit feel towards him and would be interested to know

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                          matt le tissier kicked a ball out for a throw in from the kick off to collect on a spread bet, banned for like

a footballer found guilty of diving and get a yellow card, he should be banned for like ?
                          Yup they should all be banned for like!

If you cheat you should have to face a like sentence.

If you kung fu the shit out of a fan you shuld be liked without a peal.
                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 13-12-10, 00:49.

Comment

what's the story there Willie think i missed it
                            I 've been told off and told to stop winding him up as it was just a snog (which makes it worse, considering she was no angel)
                            anyway it's nothing compared to what Damo did to Jim Corr. (anal probe) so if you dont mind I won't mention it anymore.

(or will I)

Comment

Comment

just trying to get to 3k posts dude! you were very good in that boards.ie thread that kev posted earlier btw!
                                +1, wtf was up with that Nerin character though?

Never read it before, took up last 30mins of my life. Exam in the morning, I shoud've been asleep ages ago!

FU Kev

Comment

I 've been told off and told to stop winding him up as it was just a snog (which makes it worse, considering she was no angel)
                                  anyway it's nothing compared to what Damo did to Jim Corr. (anal probe) so if you dont mind I won't mention it anymore.

(or will I)
                                  I'm lost William, need the full story, I'm shit at cryptic stuff

Comment

Am i missing a trick in the helicopter game in the arcade? Cardshark just got a new high score and it took him 3mins. Lurker's previous high score took him 7mins. Theres only one speed you can go and points are measured in distance so how did that happen

Comment

I'm lost William, need the full story, I'm shit at cryptic stuff
                                      DAMO stuck his mickey up Jim Corrs hole, and Jim thinks Aliens did it.
                                      there you made me say it.(ya shitstirrer)

Comment

Yup they should all be banned for like!

If you cheat you should have to face a like sentence.

If you kung fu the shit out of a fan you shuld be liked without a peal.
                                        IDK Dan that's a bit like saying someone who deliberately mows down someone in a car deserves the same punishment as parking on double yellow lines. Jeez I wouldn't like to be up in-front of you if you were a judge, you'd probably have a nickname like padlock r sumit

Comment

If you make a joke and get pwned by Jordan, then you are doing it wrong.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

DAMO stuck his mickey up Jim Corrs hole, and Jim thinks Aliens did it.
                                              there you made me say it.(ya shitstirrer)

He's a bit of a Casanova that Damo all right

Comment

IDK Dan that's a bit like saying someone who deliberately mows down someone in a car deserves the same punishment as parking on double yellow lines. Jeez I wouldn't like to be up in-front of you if you were a judge, you'd probably have a nickname like padlock r sumit
                                                Im sure he is just saying that about the football but does not really mean it. But the point you are trying to make is the opposite of what happened in the snooker.

If what Higgins done is compared to parking on yellow lines. Then what in snooker would you compare to driving over someone deliberately?

What he done was the up most scummy thing possible. He had devoted fans probably following him in that match. When he done what he done he was not giving a flying fuck about them that's for sure. And there is no doubt in my mind if that setup had of been real, and he got away with it. He would have done it again.

Comment

Koschecks eye after last night, ouch imo

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Higgins was exonerated on the cheating charge - the NOTW video was so heavily sliced and diced that neither the independent tribunal nor the Met Police felt that there was a cheating charge to answer. The snooker governing body couldn't proceed with a charge either as the competition that he was alleged to be cheating in didn't actually exist.

All he got done for was a 'bringing the game into disrepute' charge.

People on the internet who've only seen bits and pieces of non-sequential untimed footage that the NOTW put up really shouldn't be hanging the guy.

Comment

I long to deserve to be alongside the likes of padlock.

Given time he will right all the wrongs on this island of ours. The man is the very epitome of tough love.

He's going to have to wait another day to administer his tough love on me though.

Comment

Seriously weird moment today. The girlfriend went for a job dogsitting for a few weeks its kind of handy as she loves animals and we are only here until Feb so cant get anything serious.

I went to meet the people with her and we were getting on great he offered me a beer we were chatting having a great conversation and so on. I had noticed his wife was pretty young but im not great with ages, at one point he mentioned he was 53 so i was thinking big age gap she could have been mid 30s at most.

I guess this isnt that mad really.....yet. I asked the question how did ye meet ? At this stage i had found out she was 29. He then said he hired her to mind his dogs when his was with his ex so that is how they met. Most people would have left it at that....but no.

He hired her when she was 14 and they had got together basically straight away and she left home at 16 when it was legal and moved in with him.

Like does this make the guy more or less a paedophile ? Or can the romantics out there justify the fact there together 13 years as meaning its true love?

I just found it hard to keep a straight face really kind of thought i might have been on some Tv show been Punkd.
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Higgins was exonerated on the cheating charge - the NOTW video was so heavily sliced and diced that neither the independent tribunal nor the Met Police felt that there was a cheating charge to answer. The snooker governing body couldn't proceed with a charge either as the competition that he was alleged to be cheating in didn't actually exist.

All he got done for was a 'bringing the game into disrepute' charge.

People on the internet who've only seen bits and pieces of non-sequential untimed footage that the NOTW put up really shouldn't be hanging the guy.
                                                          lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzYpcZGbLIY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzYpcZGbLIY[/ame]

Comment

just trying to get to 3k posts dude! you were very good in that boards.ie thread that kev posted earlier btw!
                                                            really? I fuckin cringe reading it, I was high like 24 7 around then IIRC.

although thats prob why you like it!

Since then I 've learned there is no point in arguing with them ever. The tilt isnt worth it.
                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by JackHighGood View Post
                                                              Im sure he is just saying that about the football but does not really mean it. But the point you are trying to make is the opposite of what happened in the snooker.

If what Higgins done is compared to parking on yellow lines. Then what in snooker would you compare to driving over someone deliberately?

What he done was the up most scummy thing possible. He had devoted fans probably following him in that match. When he done what he done he was not giving a flying fuck about them that's for sure. And there is no doubt in my mind if that setup had of been real, and he got away with it. He would have done it again.
                                                              no it wasn't

Professional sport is corrupt, always has been always will be, its just different levels of corruption.

Comment

Comment

no it wasn't

Professional sport is corrupt, always has been always will be, its just different levels of corruption.
                                                                  Your're saying what he done was not scummy?? So what would warrant a life ban from snooker?

Throwing a match in full? Breaking you cue in half and stabbing the ref?

Comment

As I said, sliced and diced.
                                                                    I posted the links before but people on the net who examined it in detail found that there were timeshifts and differences from frame to frame - enough to indicate that what looked like a simple 'question then answer' in the NOTW video actually had inconsistencies in positions of objects that suggested that people had left and re-entered the room in the interim. So depending on how long had passed Higgins' response may have been to a totally different question.

Maybe you should 'lol' outside Scotland Yard or the independent tribunal's office, they are the only ones who've seen the unedited footage and decided there was no case to answer.

I'd love to see it unedited myself.

Comment

no it wasn't

there are some wgo call fouls on themselves eg in golf who make you believe not everyone is corrupt,

so we all forgive a certain Englishman in Galway from 2 years ago then, after al everyone does it.

Comment

there are some wgo call fouls on themselves eg in golf who make you believe not everyone is corrupt,

so we all forgive a certain Englishman in Galway from 2 years ago then, after al everyone does it.
                                                                        ah golf is different William

Comment

I posted the links before but people on the net who examined it in detail found that there were timeshifts and differences from frame to frame - enough to indicate that what looked like a simple 'question then answer' in the NOTW video actually had inconsistencies in positions of objects that suggested that people had left and re-entered the room in the interim. So depending on how long had passed Higgins' response may have been to a totally different question.

Maybe you should 'lol' outside Scotland Yard or the independent tribunal's office, they are the only ones who've seen the unedited footage and decided there was no case to answer.

I know and OJ walked also. Why was he banned then.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck etc etc. meh you boys

Comment

Your're saying what he done was not scummy?? So what would warrant a life ban from snooker?

Throwing a match in full? Breaking you cue in half and stabbing the ref?

you said what he did was the most scummy thing possible, it wasn't and you've answered the question you asked in a way

Comment

[IMG]
                                                                              Just post the same pic on boards, broken orbital bone

Comment

The answer's showed on the video 100% belonged to each question that was asked. They where clearly not edited. There is no way you can possibly defend him.

If i was in his position i would have just said that my family had been threated by a unknown phone call and he thought the guys where part of the same group.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

you said what he did was the most scummy thing possible, it wasn't and you've answered the question you asked in a way
                                                                                    Hmm ok. Ill assume your're a poker player.

Let's say a random player played well in a tournament. The wsop main event. Got to the 2 tables point and organised with the dealer who was a mechanic to deal him the best hand each time. He got half the chips in play and then went on to dominate the final table with a normal fair dealer.

Would you, if you had the power ban him for like from every poker tournament?

Comment

...

Comment

If i was in his position i would have just said that my family had been threated by a unknown phone call and he thought the guys where part of the same group.
                                                                                        He pretty much did this!

He said that he felt he was in danger and went along with it.

The whole editing excuse never came up if I remember, he pretty much admitted to what was shown on tape and then used the 'I was afraid' card?

Comment

He pretty much did this!

The whole editing excuse never came up if I remember, he pretty much admitted to what was shown on tape and then used the 'I was afraid' card?
                                                                                          He was afraid allright, afriad he'd only get 200k, afriad of the taxman, poor man was terrified, property in Spaon sure pay that off whilst i sit here shitting meself.

Comment

Anybody here in the UFC fight club? Any spare codes for ticket sales

Comment

Let's say a random player played well in a tournament. The wsop main event. Got to the 2 tables point and organised with the dealer who was a mechanic to deal him the best hand each time. He got half the chips in play and then went on to dominate the final table with a normal fair dealer.

Top class deduction re the poker playing considering its a poker forum Sherlock.

Comment

Top class deduction re the poker playing considering its a poker forum Sherlock.
                                                                                                No problem. And no comeback means you know we are right

Comment

He pretty much did this!

Danny, he was found not guilty by a totally independant commission who have absolutely no connection with the snooker world. They were the only people to see the full un-edited tapes, interview John Higgens, his manager and all the reporters involved by the NOTW. They banned John Higgens manager for life for corruption, and JH for 6 months for bringing the game into disrepute. If it was as cut and dried as that NOTW tape tried to lead us to believe, they would have banned JH for life too. They had no reason to be doing him favours.
                                                                                                  Its time to let it go really. It looked bad at the time, but for sure, we werent given the full facts. At the end of the day, he was found not guilty of corruption charges.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                    My life is complete again. Regained the Chopper Challenge Cup.
                                                                                                    Nice score. You can borrow it for a few days

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                      Danny, he was found not guilty by a totally independant commission who have absolutely no connection with the snooker world. They were the only people to see the full un-edited tapes, interview John Higgens, his manager and all the reporters involved by the NOTW. They banned John Higgens manager for life for corruption, and JH for 6 months for bringing the game into disrepute. If it was as cut and dried as that NOTW tape tried to lead us to believe, they would have banned JH for life too. They had no reason to be doing him favours.
                                                                                                      Its time to let it go really. It looked bad at the time, but for sure, we werent given the full facts. At the end of the day, he was found not guilty of corruption charges.

Comment

Normal guy drink drives numerous times causing accident. Jailed for few years
                                                                                                        Celebrity does same. Jailed for few months.

Normal person caught with class a drugs. Jailed for few years.
                                                                                                        Celebrity does same. No jail. Nice 1 month holiday in rehab.

Im sure there are many more examples.

Agent = normal person
                                                                                                        Higgin's - celebrity

Comment

In facta I like nothing better than watching a game of snooker after me tribunals,

Comment

Agent = normal person
                                                                                                            Higgin's - celebrity
                                                                                                            Connie= Someone who sometimes works in/around the snooker world
                                                                                                            JackHighGood= someone who chases losses

Jack I see you are using the martingale system on this argument

Comment

what was the point spread on the patriots game tonight
                                                                                                              Pats -3. Some snowstorm.

Am i missing a trick in the helicopter game in the arcade? Cardshark just got a new high score and it took him 3mins. Lurker's previous high score took him 7mins. Theres only one speed you can go and points are measured in distance so how did that happen
                                                                                                              It records the amount of time you play the game not just one attempt. So I probably had over 10 attempts in that 7 mins.

Comment

If you're gonna make a comparrison with poker, at least make it in some way comparable.

Lets say a random player is playing in a pubgame with players who are nowhere near as good as him. Now lets say he has a bigger than average stack. He goes to the bar for a pint, and the barman says to him "thats my wife playing on the table with you. She's not very good. I know your a great player. Would you mind letting her win a small pot off you. Sure you'll still probably go on to win, but she'll be thrilled. If you can manage that, I'll organise a few quid extra for you"
                                                                                                                So the random player goes back to the table and allows this lady to win a small pot off him, before he goes on to take down the tourney himself. Should he get a lifetime ban if the story broke in the NOTW?

Comment

If you're gonna make a comparrison with poker, at least make it in some way comparable.

Lets say a random player is playing in a pubgame with players who are nowhere near as good as him. Now lets say he has a bigger than average stack. He goes to the bar for a pint, and the barman says to him "thats my wife playing on the table with you. She's not very good. I know your a great player. Would you mind letting her win a small pot off you. Sure you'll still probably go on to win, but she'll be thrilled. If you can manage that, I'll organise a few quid extra for you"
                                                                                                                  So the random player goes back to the table and allows this lady to win a small pot off him, before he goes on to take down the tourney himself. Should he get a lifetime ban if the story broke in the NOTW?
                                                                                                                  He should be banned from every pub in the country and sent to the gallows
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 13-12-10, 02:02. Reason: Your comparison is totally different btw

Comment

Agent = normal person
                                                                                                                    Higgin's - celebrity

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole."
                                                                                                                    Adam Duritz

Comment

Agent = normal person
                                                                                                                      Higgin's - celebrity
                                                                                                                      Where do you get the comparrisons from? The main difference is that the agent (Pat Mooney) was found guilty, and the celebrity (John Higgens)was found innocent. In both your cases, both are found guilty.
                                                                                                                      And remember, Mooney wasnt just an agent. He had just been brought onto the board of the World Snooker body, and it was a huge blow for them when he was found guilty. So he wasnt just a "normal person". The complete opposite actually.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by connie147; 13-12-10, 02:05.

Comment

Anywhere online i can watch the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                          Seriously weird moment today. The girlfriend went for a job dogsitting for a few weeks its kind of handy as she loves animals and we are only here until Feb so cant get anything serious.

I went to meet the people with her and we were getting on great he offered me a beer we were chatting having a great conversation and so on. I had noticed his wife was pretty young but im not great with ages, at one point he mentioned he was 53 so i was thinking big age gap she could have been mid 30s at most.

I guess this isnt that mad really.....yet. I asked the question how did ye meet ? At this stage i had found out she was 29. He then said he hired her to mind his dogs when his was with his ex so that is how they met. Most people would have left it at that....but no.

He hired her when she was 14 and they had got together basically straight away and she left home at 16 when it was legal and moved in with him.

Like does this make the guy more or less a paedophile ? Or can the romantics out there justify the fact there together 13 years as meaning its true love?

I just found it hard to keep a straight face really kind of thought i might have been on some Tv show been Punkd.
                                                                                                                          Ah finally an interesting tale/dilemma in BBV tonight. Had my fill reading about the x-factor tonight. Also too much snooker talk!

Thats a really interesting question about the age gap at the start of the relationship. I would say that there still together now means than it was obviously more than just older man lust. Sex with the same person always gets old fairly quickly (imho) and to stay in a relationship with someone for 13 years there has to be something else there

I presume the guy is fairly wealthy if he is hiring dog walkers and also has a bit of game as he has prevously charmed a younger woman. Also he seems to have pretty much charmed you too

Dont take this the wrong way but I hope your girlfriend isn't young and hot.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          First time in my life I have ever said that to a bloke, my sincerest apologies

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X