• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was the point spread on the patriots game tonight

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
        I agree with him to an extent but the fella who wrote that is an awful smug cunt. His writing is shite too, would be better placed on a teenager's blog. If you're going to overdo the sarcasm at least be funny. Further confirmation that NME is a rag imo.
        Not the biggest NME fan, that show just makes me want to pull my eyes out. Down in my local they had it on the big projector screen they didnt even bother putting down for the spurs-chelsea game and with that tripe being on I missed Barca violate Real Sociedad. The ridiculous facebook updates from all the sheep infuriate me too.
        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

I just read back over the evenings BBV.

I'm confused over alot of the posts regarding xfactor bets. People worried after performances and the like.

The vote was pretty much sealed before the final 2 performances, they pretty much wouldn't matter unless it was ridic close, why would anyone be sweating it at that stage, it was practically over?

The final 2 performances were no more than a time filler.
          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            One Direction were never in it tbh. Makes me extra pissed off with the Mary vote and the money i lost. Didn't even win back on Matt what i lost between her and Shaun Murphy's collapse in the snooker yesterday

Comment

snooker obv rigged

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                snooker obv rigged
                LOL Higgins played a great blue with about 6 reds left, but missing that last red was a shocker! Final frame decider will be fitting tho, but after that foul Williams can now tie so it's going to be close

Comment

How does the foul and a miss thing work in snooker?

Why doesn't Higgins have to replay that snooker?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Because a snooker was required - cant be called a miss if snookers are required

Comment

Linky for snooker lads?

Wife hogging the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                        Because a snooker was required - cant be called a miss if snookers are required
                        so if Williams needed 3 snookers, he'd have to have 3 individual snookers? As opposed to having the same one reset 3 times?

Seems a bit awkward.

Comment

the opposing player decides whether you replay the shot or not.

It also can't be a foul and a miss when the points gap between the players is greater than the collective point total of the balls left on the table.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Snooker looks and sounds weird after 14 hours of Mosconi this week.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Snooker looks and sounds weird after 14 hours of Mosconi this week.
                              Go and play pool after a couple of hours playing snooker, now that's weird!

Comment

so if Williams needed 3 snookers, he'd have to have 3 individual snookers? As opposed to having the same one reset 3 times?

Seems a bit awkward.
                                The logic is that because there is no incentive for a player to deliberately foul in this situation that by definition it must have been a genuine attempt - and therefore can't be a miss.

Comment

Betfair snooker going to explode?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                    Linky for snooker lads?

Wife hogging the TV.

Comment

The logic is that because there is no incentive for a player to deliberately foul in this situation that by definition it must have been a genuine attempt - and therefore can't be a miss.
                                      This is actually horseshit and i've seen many players making deliberately suspect attempts to get out of snookers when they are in that stage.

On the other hand, it's been a long time since i've seen an attempt to get out of a snooker that hasn't been called a miss

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Linky for snooker lads?

Wife hogging the TV.

Comment

Go and play pool after a couple of hours playing snooker, now that's weird!
                                            There was a sadly longclosed place in Camden Street in the 1990s called Ricardos which had a variety of tables - I had a mate with whom I'd play best of 3 snooker followed by best of seven at 8ball pool on a standard pool table, followed by best of seven at 9ball pool on a table with big bucket pockets perfect for 9ball.

We used to call it the triathlon.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              This is actually horseshit and i've seen many players making deliberately suspect attempts to get out of snookers when they are in that stage.
                                              I agree, buts it's the theory behind the rule. I think they are loathe to make any more changes to the misrule to close the couple of loopholes like this, because they always inadvertently make it worse.

Comment

Comment

Everyone with an interest should tune in for the last 4 balls in the snooker. Immense pressure and what a pot from Higgins!

Edit - No point now, Wp Higgins

Comment

Siiicckk!!! What a way to win

9-7 down in the 16th and 69-0 down needing snookers and he fights back. Unreal
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I agree, buts it's the theory behind the rule. I think they are loathe to make any more changes to the misrule to close the couple of loopholes like this, because they always inadvertently make it worse.
                                                      Yeah wasn't calling your post horseshit, i was meaning the rule itself and it doesn't do what it's meant to

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Siiicckk!!! What a way to win

9-7 down in the 16th and 69-0 down needing snookers and he fights back. Unreal
                                                        FIX

worse than the wrestling or xfactor

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                          FIX

worse than the wrestling or xfactor
                                                          Ha, kinda does have a Barry Hearn fairytale ring to it!
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Is Higgins winning a bit manky?

Yeah he was emotional cause his dad's sick and all but will he always be a bit of a cheating scumbag?

I know a couple of people fairly involved in snooker who believe this to be the case.

I know he's served his ban, but he was obv banned for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                couldn't even post it here in spoilers as it's just that tasteless (almost the next level of tastelessness), but joke on sickipedia about David Cameron raising the uni fees in the UK is good (bad).
                                                                I lol'd.

Comment

Comment

This was one of the funniest nights ever on boards, always get such a laugh reading back over the thread. Also has hotspurs classic post one of the best ever imo.

Comment

Yeah he was emotional cause his dad's sick and all but will he always be a bit of a cheating scumbag?

I know a couple of people fairly involved in snooker who believe this to be the case.

In my eyes hes cheating scum forever and i wouldnt dream of backing a game hes involved in.
                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                        In my eyes hes cheating scum forever and i wouldnt dream of backing a game hes involved in.
                                                                        I 100% agree with you Mick.

Comment

probably quite bad that i'm thinking about ringing in sick to this week-long lecturer training course starting tomorrow. something about improving the 'student's experience'. think maybe the fact that i'm contemplating whether am too hungover to attend it says a lot about the poor student's experience.
                                                                          In about 6-7 years time when you are stacking shelves for a living, you might just regret pissing away the cushiest job on the planet during a time when 80% of the planet are financially looking over their shoulder

Knock the drink on the head for a bit if you cannot handle it

SPOILER
                                                                          That is what you wanted someone to say, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                                                                            Poor chilean miners, as if they haven't suffered enough now there been sent into another hole full of filth in salford tomorrow
                                                                            I belive on Tuesday they head over to Liverpool for a meeting with Hodgson. Massive hole and how to get out of it is thought to be high up on the agenda.
                                                                            Last edited by Goose; 12-12-10, 23:50. Reason: spelling innit

Comment

What's 12 inches long and dangles between Obama's legs?

David Cameron's tie.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                This was one of the funniest nights ever on boards, always get such a laugh reading back over the thread. Also has hotspurs classic post one of the best ever imo.
                                                                                I can't even read that thread this far on without becoming infuriated.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    I can't even read that thread this far on without becoming infuriated.
                                                                                    Mass hilarity really. I remember bumping into Solksjear shortly afterwards at some tournament and he said it took him 2 hours to tune his gituar cause he was crying with laughter while reading it.

Comment

What's Solksjaer's s/n on boards?

Comment

For anyone who didn't see Frankie Boyles joke about Jordan's little boy...

Could be a re-post?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jKsZoRPwKk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jKsZoRPwKk[/ame]

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by JackHighGood View Post
                                                                                            For anyone who didn't see Frankie Boyles joke about Jordan's little boy...

Could be a re-post?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jKsZoRPwKk
                                                                                            i dont get it.
                                                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              What's Solksjaer's s/n on boards?
                                                                                              Yuletired
                                                                                              And ScummyScousers + a few others.
                                                                                              He was quite the troll for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                i dont get it.
                                                                                                Her child is seriously physically and mentally handicapped ho ho ho

The other joke was Her and peter Andre are fighting over custody
                                                                                                with the loser getting the kid

The more he tries to be scummy, the less funny he is imo

you can see in his face he is dead inside at this stage
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 13-12-10, 00:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                  Meh i'm over it now. He's been punished for the crime. There's very little money in Snooker compared to other sports and he tried to make a few quid on the side in a Mickey Mouse game, got caught, got punished now is trying to get his life back on track doing what he does best. And at his best, he's as good as anyone is, or anyone ever was. People do stupid silly things all the time, and he's going to be carrying a burden on his back for the rest of his life.

Relating it to UFC which you're a fan of, GSP is a confirmed cheater. He's been involved in a few fights where he's been greased up with vaseline which is totally against the rules, but he's still a legend and not classed as a cheating dirty scumbag by the masses bar a few inside the sport such as BJ Penn and Matt Hughes.

I'm quite happy John won and i think he deserved it on the back of everything and hope he carries on playing for a long time

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                      Her child is seriously physically and mentally handicapped ho ho ho

The other joke was Her and peter Andre are fighting over custody
                                                                                                      with the loser getting the kid

The more he tries to be scummy, the less funny he is imo

you can see in his face he is dead inside at this stage
                                                                                                      exactly. there just isnt any joke behind it, its alongside tommy tiernan on the self destruction path now.

no punchline, just "I referenced her disabled kid, ha."
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

And ScummyScousers + a few others.
                                                                                                        He was quite the troll for a while.
                                                                                                        Ye were always a shower of cunts, took me ages to chill ye the fuck out, and now ye have yer BBV flying. , I was walking on thin fucking ice pal ar one time I was told

Anyway another poster came along and said, you call THAT trolling? THIS is trolling, it was then I knew I was beaten. That kids name was DBC. (my hero)

I also lost my sidekick who got bored and so I lost my enjoyment. Now I just annoy DD about you know who>

Comment

exactly. there just isnt any joke behind it, its alongside tommy tiernan on the self destruction path now.

no punchline, just "I referenced her disabled kid, ha."
                                                                                                          Originally posted by Katie Price Official Statement
                                                                                                          “Harvey Price is a little miracle. Every day he overcomes so many difficulties WITH THE HELP OF FAMILY AND MEDICAL EXPERTS and has so many tiny battles to win due to his MEDICAL PROBLEMS (septo-optic dysplasia) and AUTISM. I LOVE HIM AND AM DEEPLY PROUD TO BE HIS MOTHER. If Mr Boyle had a 10th of his courage and decency he would know that to suggest, let alone think funny, that Harvey may sexually attack me is vile and deeply unfair. Mr Boyle clearly has serious issues and those that give him a TV platform TO SAY SUCH DISGUSTING THINGS need to look at themselves very honestly. To bully this unbelievably brave child is despicable, to broadcast it on television is to show a complete and utter lack of judgment. I have asked my lawyers to write to channel 4 on Harvey’s behalf.”
                                                                                                          ..

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Meh i'm over it now. He's been punished for the crime. There's very little money in Snooker compared to other sports and he tried to make a few quid on the side in a Mickey Mouse game, got caught, got punished now is trying to get his life back on track doing what he does best. And at his best, he's as good as anyone is, or anyone ever was. People do stupid silly things all the time, and he's going to be carrying a burden on his back for the rest of his life.

Relating it to UFC which you're a fan of, GSP is a confirmed cheater. He's been involved in a few fights where he's been greased up with vaseline which is totally against the rules, but he's still a legend and not classed as a cheating dirty scumbag by the masses bar a few inside the sport such as BJ Penn and Matt Hughes.

I'm quite happy John won and i think he deserved it on the back of everything and hope he carries on playing for a long time
                                                                                                            Seriously ? What he did is a disgrace. I suppose considering we allow our politicians to cheat and our bankers to take this piss we should turn a blind eye to the poor old broke snooker boys. only making money so he was. What time did he serve?

Comment

..
                                                                                                              is the statement actually written like a tabloid, or did some tabloid add all the caps lock bits?
                                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...
                                                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-12-10, 00:21.

Comment

is the statement actually written like a tabloid, or did some tabloid add all the caps lock bits?
                                                                                                                  thats copied and pasted off her site.

Exactly how it was released

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                    Seriously ? What he did is a disgrace. I suppose considering we allow our politicians to cheat and our bankers to take this piss we should turn a blind eye to the poor old broke snooker boys. only making money so he was. What time did he serve?
                                                                                                                    Did you watch any of the videos of the event when it was "alleged" he cheated? The News of the World are the biggest cunt of a newspaper, the fact that they went through so many lenghts to set him up is shocking. It's his manager that should take the bulk of the blame and it's very difficult to not grab that carrot when it's dangled in front of you.

He was banned from the sport, banned from competing, banned from earning money, and he lost ranking points etc so he has a bit of a climb ahead of him. I'm not patting him on the back or saying well done, but it's in the past and it wasn't even that serious so i don't think it deserves a life long hate campaign

Comment

Think you're missing the point a little bit. It's not any individual joke (although liked his 'Loose Women Iran' thing, and the Shawshank Redemption), it's what he represents. He represents the exact opposite to the standard crap we are given in most tv shows and is actually allowed a bit of leeway imo.
                                                                                                                      Actually I think you are missing the point

He IS a TV product, he is the TV product that is a little naughty

up until recently the dig at him was "the offensive comedian who has never offended a member of his target audience"

It was all "oooh look what i just said"
                                                                                                                      which has the exact same joke structure as the lads who used to tell pretend blue jokes on TV and made your Granny laugh while saying
                                                                                                                      "ooh that is awful"

It is a gimmick

*ooh and I used to be a big fan of Jerry Sadowitz so this isn't a language or abuse thing as Sadowitz makes Boyle look like Jimmy Cricket
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 13-12-10, 00:29. Reason: *

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-12-10, 00:32.

Comment

I saw the videos and I'm shocked he is still playing. A picture paints a 1000 words.
                                                                                                                          it's irrelevant how many carrots are dangled and by who. meh snooker is dying as a sport
                                                                                                                          and this type of thinking will finally kill it off.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X