This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Isn't nutrionist a makey-uppey term that people who never qualified as dieticians use?
    isn't dietician a makey-uppey term in itself?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Well dietetics is an accepted science, whether or not that means any credence should be lent to it or not is another story. I was just making the point that calling oneself a a nutrionist is about as valid as deciding you're a 'scientician' because you read a couple of Stephen Hawking books.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        btw dcu heads is sidney samson playin the rag ball?
        did you go to this? ridic short set imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          apropos of this ^^

so....Any BBV'ers got direct experience of the psychotropic effects of nutmeg?
          No but tr needed if it works. I have a huge bag of it (along with grater) in press.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
            No but tr needed if it works. I have a huge bag of it (along with grater) in press.
            I wonder would grinding an immense quantity of it into your dinner work

(would also have side benefits of setting the entire family off on a trip)

will experiment on dog tomorrow

Comment

Yeah..... there is none, it also tastes horrible when smoking. I've also smoked chocolate trying to revert back to Aztec ways and that also doesn't work.
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Well dietetics is an accepted science, whether or not that means any credence should be lent to it or not is another story. I was just making the point that calling oneself a a nutrionist is about as valid as deciding you're a 'scientician' because you read a couple of Stephen Hawking books.
                QFT

Dietitians are very anal about being branded an nutritionist. The main difference is that a dietitian is qualified to work in a hospital.

Oh an they are all bitches

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                  QFT

Dietitians are very anal about being branded an nutritionist. The main difference is that a dietitian is qualified to work in a hospital.

Oh an they are all bitches
                  heh, one of the many branches of medicine that you just can't possibly have any respect for

I know a guy who's a semenologist for example. Even thinking about him makes me laugh.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Need to download it so no good for me in work. No download required for funkysnooker/funkypool which is the only reason i can play in work!
                      and still there continues to be cofusion as to why the country is in the state its in

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                          Yeah..... there is none, it also tastes horrible when smoking. I've also smoked chocolate trying to revert back to Aztec ways and that also doesn't work.
                          I remember when I was 14 or 15 me and some friends heard that banana could be smoked and would get you stoned. We went and bought a few bananas, waited for my friend's mum to go out and tried melting the banana. We then took a bit of the melted banana, wrapped a skin round it and attempted to smoke it.

Needless to say it didn't work.

Comment

heh, one of the many branches of medicine that you just can't possibly have any respect for

I know a guy who's a semenologist for example. Even thinking about him makes me laugh.
                            where does he collect his samples

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Just had my first proper sort of interview there, for an internship this summer. Pretty happy with how it went, but happier to have the experience of an interview under my belt.

Comment

I love google soooooo much right now

Basically there is this guy, only 2 complaints out of over 300 repairs we have done since opening the new business who was unhappy, which happens. We refunded him all the cost(parts etc.) bar labour because we spent several days between us trying to find a solution. Finally solved the issue and returned the item working fine. So it broke down due to an unrelated issue not so long after( 2 weeks).

He comes back shouting and blah blah, fraud, scam, shady business all the usual drivel. I'll do my best to blacken ye's! I'll let everyone know abut ye! Big lump of a fella too. So we managed to get rid of him, dead and buried we thought but forgot to remove him from the database. We emailed a bunch of people from the database with a special offer and he got one too. So he's been at one pinging emails back and forth pissing us off.

Finally he stops. So I am thinking who is this cĂºnt. Google him and the first entry is he was given almost a 3 year jail sentence for insurance fraud. Boom shakalaka! Now Mr Shady Business, stick that one up yer hole!
                                Last edited by coillcam; 25-02-10, 15:02. Reason: hiding details for privacy

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                  I remember when I was 14 or 15 me and some friends heard that banana could be smoked and would get you stoned. We went and bought a few bananas, waited for my friend's mum to go out and tried melting the banana. We then took a bit of the melted banana, wrapped a skin round it and attempted to smoke it.

Needless to say it didn't work.
                                  think its supposed to be banana skins, according to one of the prodigy anyway

Comment

apropos of this ^^

I was cooking in the kitchen last night and some fool on the radio was rabbiting on about headshops and somehow his diatribe ended up on the specific subject of nutmeg and how this could produce very dangerous and terrifying hallucinations. Cue me immediately hunting in the spice cupboard and locating a jar of nutmeg with a muhahahaha type grunt of triumph. At this point Mrs Stunt entered the room and I abandoned the project in favour of further research.

spent many a years studying this type of thing... from a chemistry perspective and essentially it is a phenethylamine, in the same family as mdma.

There is a very good book called PIHKAL (Phenethylamines I have known and loved) by Alexander Shulgin which is his experience in developping and trying all the different variants of phenethylamines he could synthesize or extract. He tested and reported on all their effects in a very clinical manner, and the ones that showed potential and were stable in their effects, he would then share with his wife and friends to see if all got the same buzz (i'm pretty sure he's the one who developped MDMA).
                                    Anyway, if i remember correctly, as i last read this back when i was a student 15 years ago, his findings with nutmeg were that you needed large amounts of the phenethylamine and the effects weren't very stable but pretty strong. i seem to recall it was one of the few experiences which actually scared him.

Pihkal is an amazing book and a chemists wet dream as it gives the MO for synthesizing all these drugs in a lab.
                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 25-02-10, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                      I love google soooooo much right now

Basically there is this guy, only 2 complaints out of over 300 repairs we have done since opening the new business who was unhappy, which happens. We refunded him all the cost(parts etc.) bar labour because we spent several days between us trying to find a solution. Finally solved the issue and returned the item working fine. So it broke down due to an unrelated issue not so long after( 2 weeks).

He comes back shouting and blah blah, fraud, scam, shady business all the usual drivel. I'll do my best to blacken ye's! I'll let everyone know abut ye! Big lump of a fella too. So we managed to get rid of him, dead and buried we thought but forgot to remove him from the database. We emailed a bunch of people from the database with a special offer and he got one too. So he's been at one pinging emails back and forth pissing us off.

Finally he stops. So I am thinking who is this cĂºnt. Google him and the first entry is he was given almost a 3 year jail sentence for insurance fraud. Boom shakalaka! Now Mr Shady Business, stick that one up yer hole!
                                      yess i can remember my first sexual arousall aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                        Is that the guy from the U.S Office?
                                        Its Kinetic!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                          did you go to this? ridic short set imo.
                                          nope bailed on the idea in the end,
                                          short set? how many tunes does he have - i'd say most ppl would only know riverside anyway

Comment

today (5 months into my research masters) I was supposed to get paid. ( the deal was to be paid on the last thursday of every month but they always had an excuse about paper work etc

no money again - so i went on a mission. after threatening to call my solicitor if I didnt get a straight answer it turns out that the Sports academy - the institute funding my MSc is bankrupt and so funds may not be available at all.

If that isnt bad enough I now cant afford my rent so have to move out on sunday

biggest ever heart felt FML

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                              today (5 months into my research masters) I was supposed to get paid. ( the deal was to be paid on the last thursday of every month but they always had an excuse about paper work etc

no money again - so i went on a mission. after threatening to call my solicitor if I didnt get a straight answer it turns out that the Sports academy - the institute funding my MSc is bankrupt and so funds may not be available at all.

Shocking news. Shocking carry on on their end too.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

threaten to go to the press (and mean it)

I suspect they'd find the dough from somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                  Is that the guy from the U.S Office?
                                                  No but coincidentally isn't that him walking behind Sofia in the pic I posted

Thats too sick. Name and shame or are they just called the Sports Academy?
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    No but coincidentally isn't that him walking behind Sofia in the pic I posted

Thats too sick. Name and shame or are they just called the Sports Academy?
                                                    presumably it's either DCU or UCD

tell the college (not the Sports Academy) that it'll be all over the papers if they don't pay up

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMonkey View Post
                                                      think its supposed to be banana skins, according to one of the prodigy anyway
                                                      No matter what part of the nana it was, It was a joke anyhu!

Used to have a flatmate who would have banana skins in the oven when he had a few on, always made me laugh even though it never seemed to do much for him

Comment

presumably it's either DCU or UCD

tell the college (not the Sports Academy) that it'll be all over the papers if they don't pay up
                                                        sorry - yeah its supposed to be the DCU Sports Academy / School of Health and Human Performance. There are 2 others in the same situation as me. wer waiting for the head of finance to sign off on the payments (hopefully today) but if he decides its outside the budget wer rightly screwed altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          deffo this - call the news desks of the papers. Joe Duffy, Gerry Ryan and everybody else.
                                                          if you do get onto Joe, remember to remove all traces of education from your voice

Comment

sorry - yeah its supposed to be the DCU Sports Academy / School of Health and Human Performance. There are 2 others in the same situation as me. wer waiting for the head of finance to sign off on the payments (hopefully today) but if he decides its outside the budget wer rightly screwed altogether
                                                            good luck with this

if you do get screwed over (i.e. unpaid), I'd definitely consider the media route (maybe talk to the other two about this as well) - universities are very protective of their brand\reputation

Comment

Who's your academic supervisor? Presumably you were taken on to a project funded by a specific grant which should have already been paid into an account at the University. Is this isn't the case then they are in it fairly deep.

Comment

Surely things can never be that bad, that you'd have to resort to ringing Joe.

Comment

I can see El Stunt and his dog od on nutmeg - step away from the drugs

Comment

good luck with this

if you do get screwed over (i.e. unpaid), I'd definitely consider the media route (maybe talk to the other two about this as well) - universities are very protective of their brand\reputation
                                                                    yeah i would consider it an option alright just so it doesn't happen to anyone else. Il go back up and give them a deadline of 4pm tomorrow - dramatic effect obviously.

Do i have any legal rights in this at all??

Comment

Originally posted by wendelsailor View Post
                                                                      You have to buy an ordinary ticket to the red/blue campsite and then you buy whatever accommodation you want in the green campsite which gives you access to the VIP area. I did this last year and to be honest i dont think I could slum it in the favelas ever again.

The access to showers/nicer toilets and the food stands in the green campsite just makes everything a lot more enjoyable & convenient. Chances have of having some maniac running around your campsite with a flamethrower is slim as well as there is private security around the green campsite.
                                                                      how do you do this, buy the access to green campsite? how much is it? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        who is the head there? Moyna?
                                                                        hes not the head but hes heavily involved i.e. siegerson cup manager and ex head of the school of health and human performance

Comment

C Kid, have you considered changing your avatar in relation to recent events?

(or are you deliberately retaining a headshot of Tiger when he's quite clearly shot his load)

Comment

Do i have any legal rights in this at all??
                                                                            Kayroo is your man here but if your employer has gone bust, then you have feck all really

Comment

I'd give Malcolm Smyth a ring aswell bubbleking. He's the boss of the Faculty of Science and Health.

Technically postgrads aren't employed but receive a stipend. I can't remember if you have to sign anything but if its the case then your agreement is at University level and not with the individual school so the University should be liable for those payments even if the grant is non-existent.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrAYaSJxFGI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                  I'd say about £2.4bn of that is just five clubs though.

Off the top of my head (and not following football). Last three are a pure guess:

Man U: £700m - very safe
                                                                                  Chelsea: £400m - fake debt for tax reasons, Abra covering it / converting it to equity
                                                                                  Arsenal: £300m - very safe, incurred to build their stadium, covered by ticket sales
                                                                                  Liverpool: £500m - very safe
                                                                                  Man C: £500m - very safe

That leaves a billion between the remaining clubs and most of that debt is for building stadiums. e.g. Sunderland probably have another £150m of 'safe borrowing'.

^ figures above could be crazily wrong though!
                                                                                  Your figures for Liverpool are way off. Last summer they refinanced, and the debt at that time was £250m, and part of the refinancing terms was to reduce that to £150m by the summer, although I have no idea if that figure is accurate. That is why Liverpool can't afford a cup of tea at the moment, never mind a new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                    how do you do this, buy the access to green campsite? how much is it? thanks
                                                                                    Theres different types of "housing" in there, teepees and pods and huts and other crazy shit, some more expensive than others, up to you which one you want to get. Seperate companies run these, you pay online before you go and then they meet you up there and show you where you're staying etc

Heres some links to give you an idea

http://www.podpads.com/

http://www.boutiquecamping.net/compo...id=95&vmcchk=1
                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

So people rent out those weird houses at festivals? bunch of pansies imo.
                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Maybe its just that its so funny or maybe its just Sofia Vergara
                                                                                        I'm liking all the Sofia Vergara exposure today. She's really is unbelievable. Even her accent is the nuts, the way she says ‘Ju' instead of ‘you' really does it for me.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone grindin the micros on stars?

Comment

No, we dont play poker, we just gossip about random shit.
                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Has anyone who has done or is on the WHV in Australia got any recommendations for travel insurance for the year? Or anyone else for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                No, we dont play poker, we just gossip about random shit.
                                                                                                most of us live players manage to do both at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                                  Has anyone who has done or is on the WHV in Australia got any recommendations for travel insurance for the year? Or anyone else for that matter.
                                                                                                  yeah, don't get any

Comment

yeah, don't get any
                                                                                                    Really? Will the Aus healthcare cover me etc?

Comment

RE: stars grinding.

Don't grind on stars, you can only grind micros with RB imo, the rake works out at ~15bbs/100 depending on how you play.

this is pretty rough to try beat...

Comment

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($0.67)
                                                                                                        UTG ($2.99)
                                                                                                        UTG+1 ($1.24)
                                                                                                        MP1 ($1.56)
                                                                                                        MP2 ($2.34)
                                                                                                        Hero (MP3) ($4.39)
                                                                                                        CO ($1.87)
                                                                                                        Button ($2.06)
                                                                                                        SB ($1.23)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, K
                                                                                                        4 folds, Hero bets $0.07, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.26, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.19

Flop: ($0.54) A, 10, J (2 players)
                                                                                                        SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB raises to $0.59, Hero raises to $1.85, SB calls $0.38 (All-In)

Turn: ($2.48) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($2.48) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.48 | Rake: $0.16

Results:
                                                                                                        SB had A, A (full house, Aces over Jacks).
                                                                                                        Hero had Q, K (straight, Ace high).
                                                                                                        Outcome: SB won $2.32
                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                          RE: stars grinding.

Don't grind on stars, you can only grind micros with RB imo, the rake works out at ~15bbs/100 depending on how you play.

this is pretty rough to try beat...
                                                                                                          Yeah it taking a long time, but i suppose the lessons learnt at these stakes are worth it. Unfortunately cant get rakeback with my ft account, tried 2 make a second account so i could set it up on that and got caught so im stuck with stars, vip stuff pretty decent anyway.

Comment

...

Comment

Is your rent monthly?
                                                                                                              How much is it?
                                                                                                              Would any BBV help towards it buy you enough time to sort your difficulties?
                                                                                                              I'm pretty sure that in this sort of circumstance this community would see no problem helping get somebody out of a short term hole if required.

Comment

Liverpool match being shown on tv3 website www.tv3.ie/3e/live

Comment

lol facebook wars with PPP

Comment

...

Comment

Every post-grads nightmare!

Did my degree in DCU and throughout was heavily involved with the GAA club. One thing I would say is don't underestimate how much of a shower of cnuts the guys running the Sports Academy can be.

Definitely threaten to talk to any media outlet that will listen. You would be surprised how many would be interested in DCU, as for the past few years they have been heavily investing in this idea of an elite Academy. There has been a lot of "talk" within GAA circles that it’s not all working out as planned, despite relatively huge amounts of funding in previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                                                        Really? Will the Aus healthcare cover me etc?
                                                                                                                        yeah, they have a reciprocal agreement with Ireland afaik

Australia is a first world country, I'd be more worried about when your nob drops off in Cambodia tbh

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHatfield View Post
                                                                                                                          Yeah it taking a long time, but i suppose the lessons learnt at these stakes are worth it. Unfortunately cant get rakeback with my ft account, tried 2 make a second account so i could set it up on that and got caught so im stuck with stars, vip stuff pretty decent anyway.
                                                                                                                          there's plenty of networks offering good signup bonuses. I'm pretty sure you'd be better off bonus whoring than sticking with stars.

Clear a bonus at everest, then move your entire roll to ipoker, clear the bonus there, etc..

Its an easier way of building a roll than grinding the micros on stars. Believe me. I'm a losing player, before rakeback/bonuses

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X