lol this is balls, 7 left, chipleader,
    internet cafe closes in 35 minutes, FML

just busted 2

I've 10.5k, others have 5k, 5k, 4k, 1.7k
    end result?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      offer to make it ten grand imo, that's free monies of the highest order

Carey is a dead man walking (he even looks like one )

edit; here's a p.ie thread on DNW. Consensus opinion seems to be 2 * LAB and 1 * SF
      Yeah that's what I thought. Silly mistake, although he probably would have welched anyway!

Dunno, alot of people are expecting there to still be a strong core vote on the day that's not reflected in the polls, along with all the stuff they'll remember he's done for them.

Comment

I'm Dublin West

Burton - no chance
        Leo - Smug git, no chance
        Lenihan - No chance
        Uncle Joe - Number 1
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          This means it was just a foul, and not a foul and a miss??
          Sounds like a nasty bit of angleshooting by Ronnie.
          Yeah Higgins end up having take a shot, it wasn't a foul and miss.
          ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
          I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
            The Transformers films are the greatest Sci Fi movies of our generation.
            The 2nd one was gick

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
              I'm Dublin West

Burton - no chance
              Lenihan - No chance
              Uncle Joe - Number 1
              you'd be better off drawing large penises on your ballot card but hey, democracy is a wonderful thing

I really rate Leo fwiw, if only he could occasionally restrain his urge to speak
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Transformers films are the greatest Sci Fi movies of our generation.
                I like the look of that trailer. You are correct thou could possibly the greatest stories ever told
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

you'd be better off drawing large penises on your ballot card but hey, democracy is a wonderful thing

I really rate Leo fwiw, if only he could occasionally restrain his urge to speak
                  The only thing Leo is good for is blaiming other people imo. I'd pick Lenihan over him.
                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Yeah that's what I thought. Silly mistake, although he probably would have welched anyway!

Dunno, alot of people are expecting there to still be a strong core vote on the day that's not reflected in the polls, along with all the stuff they'll remember he's done for them.
                    like heaping them with 200 billion in debt for the rest of their lives?

great job Pat, fair play to ya! Have you resigned from FF yet?

Comment

I still think Underfuhrer Lenihan will get back in if he stands again, so if you want to go a straight $50 let me know. (Non runner no bet).
                      Booked?
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                        end result?
                        Internet cafe closed = No internet access
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

The only thing Leo is good for is blaiming other people imo. I'd pick Lenihan over him.
                          his record is impressive alright

I can see where you're coming from

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                            Booked?
                            no

any interest in a Sinn Fein seats bet LL?

Comment

like heaping them with 200 billion in debt for the rest of their lives?

great job Pat, fair play to ya! Have you resigned from FF yet?
                              Sure that doesn't matter, he got their footpath fixed.

I'm Dublin West

Burton - no chance
                              Lenihan - No chance
                              Uncle Joe - Number 1
                              I'd definitely go for Leo there.

Comment

Sure that doesn't matter, he got their footpath fixed.
                                depressing isn't it?

thankfully there'll be no money for footpath-fixing for a long, long time

Comment

Munster have demonstrated how to get out of Clermont alive before. You need to be strong at the setpieces and keep everything tight for 50 minutes or so. If you're still within a sniff at that point the intensity of the crowd and their belief dissipates and you can take the game to them in the last quarter.

But Munster are special. Leinster won't get a BP this weekend I'm afraid.
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                    The 2nd one was gick
                                    I assume you mean sick. I thought it was awesome too

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    I like the look of that trailer. You are correct thou could possibly the greatest stories ever told
                                    Transformers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2001

Comment

no

any interest in a Sinn Fein seats bet LL?
                                      Where do you want to start the line? I'll do up to $100 on something mutually acceptable.

Comment

Munster have demonstrated how to get out of Clermont alive before. You need to be strong at the setpieces and keep everything tight for 50 minutes or so. If you're still within a sniff at that point the intensity of the crowd and their belief dissipates and you can take the game to them in the last quarter.

lol, this is quite ironic considering the FF conversation above. What might be more apt is to say "Munster were special".

I think the rest of your post is spot on though.

Comment

Think you mean "were".

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            A huge amount of people are conditioned prefer Jack Vettriano over Rembrant , Westlife over Bach
                                            That reminds me,I was at a Classical Music recital last night and it was bad,I mean really really bad.

I think I'm suffering from Post Traumatic Strauss Disorder.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Booked?
                                              Do you mean you want to book it?
                                              Cool if so.

Comment

From radio 4. Presenter is saying Jeremy Hunt the culture secretary is up next and says Jeremy Cnut!! and then tries to hold it together in ridiculous fashion.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXI2rGT6nlY&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXI2rGT6nlY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Where do you want to start the line? I'll do up to $100 on something mutually acceptable.
                                                  I take it you haven't witnessed Raoul's previous prop bet negotiations?

depressing isn't it?

thankfully there'll be no money for footpath-fixing for a long, long time
                                                  Wonder what FF's going to do now they're no way to buy votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    lol, this is quite ironic considering the FF conversation above. What might be more apt is to say "Munster were special".

I think the rest of your post is spot on though.
                                                    Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                    Think you mean "were".
                                                    lol at the hop on

Sure I meant "were". They drew Clermont in years past, and had a mojo at the time that got them through spots they had no right to talent or momentum wise. That team was "special" by any definition. Leinster are without their driving force and have never demonstrated a toughness to the same Munster circa 2001 - 2008 degree. You would need that on Sunday. Any side would!!

Sure they have Baby on the bench FFS!!

Comment

Do you mean you want to book it?
                                                      Cool if so.
                                                      Yes booked. We can sort out a transfer after the result. Good luck, etc.

Comment

I assume you mean sick. I thought it was awesome too
                                                        Nope as in pretty shit. The whole story with the auld transformer in the airplane museum or whatever the fuck that was was appalling. Shia going to transformer heaven was an absolute joke and the whole end fight scene was pretty poorly done I thought. None of the newer smaller autobots were good.

This new one needs more Starscream. Having said that I thought the 1st one was brilliant... Just hope its not going how the matrix trilogy went

Comment

I take it you haven't witnessed Raoul's previous prop bet negotiations?
                                                          I don't think you've seen me negotiate such things before though.

Comment

let me consult my research team

they currently have:

Arthur the terrorist - Louth
                                                            Caoimhin the bank robber - Monaghan
                                                            Martin the gun runner - Kerry South
                                                            Aengus the crook - Dublin South Central
                                                            and Pearse the comparitively nice young fella - Donegal

and they ran at 16% in the recent Red C poll, ahead of FF

They will easily retain these 5 seats and obviously they're going to pick up a large amount of votes, especially in working class areas but the question is how will that translate into seats?

I think I'd be setting the line fairly high, probably around 12 or 13.
                                                            I can see them picking up quite a few Dublin seats. Thoughts?
                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 10-12-10, 14:36. Reason: corrected their poll rating

Comment

I see the inquest into Gerry Ryan's death has concluded it was from cocaine

not really a surprise

Comment

I'm Dublin West
                                                                Burton - no chance
                                                                Lenihan - No chance
                                                                Uncle Joe - Number 1
                                                                I think those 4 will get in comfortably now that its a 4seater. It could be the most boring constituency of them all at the next election unless FG feel that Leo can get a running mate home, but I think he is going to run solo again.

Even if BLs vote halves he should still piss the 4th seat as the extreme left vote / protest vote is likely to go Comrade Joe rather than Sinn Fein. BL could conceivably get elected even if his vote plummets to 12%.

Last time out.

Comment

@LL, this guy has SF on 26 seats!

all based on the latest poll

Paddy Power seem to be favouring 13-16 seats

you can forget about that 12-13 seat number in my previous post!

Comment

Anyone doing any punting on the Poker Million tonight?

Was thinking of backing James Bord @ 6/1 for some interest.

Oddschecker link
                                                                    Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    Tony Bloom is the best value imo. I liked the look of Webber in the heat and the Runners Up game which were both really tough heats and will have a few quid on both
                                                                    I did that to try and cause a reaction on the THMPF

All start with the same stack and its played to a finish tonight.

I didnt watch any of it so I have little knowledge of the smaller players. Do you reckon there could be value in the 2 outsiders?

Jessy May does a good write up on it, gives Bloom no chance without saying outright. I was thinking that 12/1 and 10/1 the two rags myself but the more I think about it the 5/1 Patrik Antonius, looks the bet for me.

Comment

Transformers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2001
                                                                      Yeah and Teletubbies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Sky At Night.

Comment

Has anyone tried Eircom's Musichub yet? free unlimited streaming to it's broadband customers.

Looks just like Grooveshark,unless I'm missing something.ITimes article on it here.
                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I see the inquest into Gerry Ryan's death has concluded it was from cocaine

not really a surprise
                                                                          link

Comment

I think this will be a lot closer then most people are putting out there. I think it will be won or lost by the back row. Heaslip and O'Brien are on great form so if Jennings can hit the top of his game aswell the hits will go in around the fringes and they can get some quick ball. If any of those 3 dont play excellently they are screwed tho.
                                                                            It will be a lot easier if they can get the line out working tho

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                              http://www.blackbeltpoker.com/articl...-Poker-Million

Jessy May does a good write up on it, gives Bloom no chance without saying outright. I was thinking that 12/1 and 10/1 the two rags myself but the more I think about it the 5/1 Patrik Antonius, looks the bet for me.
                                                                              Does Paddy Power have a market on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                Does Paddy Power have a market on this?

Comment

link
                                                                                  it's in De Herald

so it must be true

Comment

lol at the hop on

Sure I meant "were". They drew Clermont in years past, and had a mojo at the time that got them through spots they had no right to talent or momentum wise. That team was "special" by any definition. Leinster are without their driving force and have never demonstrated a toughness to the same Munster circa 2001 - 2008 degree. You would need that on Sunday. Any side would!!

Sure they have Baby on the bench FFS!!
                                                                                    Utter bollocks.
                                                                                    And please don't keep trying to drag Rugby discussion here down to the level of the chavball drivel that goes on.Irony alert
                                                                                    Then what else would you expect from a Lunster
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone know approx how much it would cost to steam clean a 6x4 foot rug?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                        Nope as in pretty shit. The whole story with the auld transformer in the airplane museum or whatever the fuck that was was appalling. Shia going to transformer heaven was an absolute joke and the whole end fight scene was pretty poorly done I thought. None of the newer smaller autobots were good.

This new one needs more Starscream. Having said that I thought the 1st one was brilliant... Just hope its not going how the matrix trilogy went
                                                                                        Transformers 2 was an unmitigated tidal wave of sloppy shit.
                                                                                        *hip hop autobots with gold teeth and speaking ebonics
                                                                                        *the never ending nod nod wink wink to the war in the middle east
                                                                                        *shai lebeofs ma getting stoned....ugh
                                                                                        *farting robots
                                                                                        *ROBOTS FEELING PAIN
                                                                                        *the hackers.....'We got scooped'....oh please fuck off and die
                                                                                        *shitty blocky CGI, two giant robots fighting (hell yeah!), I couldnt make out a fucking thing
                                                                                        *Close up of Megan Foxes arse, zoom down Megan Foxes top, sweaty Megan Fox, Lesbian robot and Megan Fox(ok, I may have made up the last one)
                                                                                        *Sha Lebeofs da (actually can anyone remember, any of the human characters names??? Me neither) complaining about college fees....didnt they save the world in part one, I'm sure Uncle Sam sprung for a few fucking classes
                                                                                        *Preppy college bad boys, made to look like wimps, as death looms over them like a prison rapist.
                                                                                        *The 'Ancient' robots....seriously, a coherent plot please, more holes than all the bullet ridden corpses MISSING from the turd of a movie.
                                                                                        *Cannibal Prime....kicks ass then decides he doesnt need all that cool shit anymore.
                                                                                        and on and on and on and on
                                                                                        Dont even get me started on the fucking agent guy....spy living with his ma in a deli one minute...
                                                                                        CLIMBS the pyramids in seconds!!!

I spent the movie squirming as it felt like Michael Bay rubbing his nutsack across my brain.
                                                                                        That's right, he T-bagged your mind in this movie, and some of you sick fucks liked it.
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Transformers and Avatar aren't even in the same league as Starship Troppers nevermind Blade Runner or 2001

Comment

@LL, this guy has SF on 26 seats!

all based on the latest poll

Paddy Power seem to be favouring 13-16 seats

you can forget about that 12-13 seat number in my previous post!
                                                                                            My god a Sinn Fein - Labour coalition. Now that really is a disturbing prospect. I did like the Guns and Roses reference but I imagine it will turn out like that riot when they cancelled that gig in canada rather then the fun time I had in The Palace.

Comment

I have followed the whole series and i have been really impressed with Webber and he seems to running very good, gd bet at 8/1 with boyles 1/3 of the odds 1,2, imo

Comment

Not only are you a Munster supporter from Leinster, which is bad, you are the typical annoying Munster fan spouting typical "Munster have heart yo" shite.... it's annoying.

5 in a row btw.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                  My god a Sinn Fein - Labour coalition. Now that really is a disturbing prospect.
                                                                                                  not gonna happen

as I've said many times before, Ireland is a very middle-class country (and this extends to most Labour voters)

Comment

not gonna happen

as I've said many times before, Ireland thinks it is a very middle-class country (and this extends to most Labour voters)
                                                                                                    but really we're all only a hair's breadth away from this

This

and this

People's memories change at hilarious rates, they forget some things far too quickly, and never let go of things that they should move on swiftly from. (Like Munster being a great team)

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                      Transformers and Avatar aren't even in the same league as Starship Troppers nevermind Blade Runner or 2001
                                                                                                      Ya know Tom, I was trying to rmember the name of the movie, starshiptroopers, yeah that was excellent.
                                                                                                      I think the indictment to transformers was it was about Alien robots that run into trucks. As yer man says in the Meteor ad, What are ya 12? I think Stewelpeters point from earlier is proven x 1000. LOL @ assertions that this afternoon kiddie movie is mentioned in the same breath as 2001. meh I suppose it's fcked up taste buds like this that exhalt people like Robbie Williams in the music world. :-P ( I forgot to say IMO)

So the 'Ryan line' finally killed ol Gerry. Hands up who DIDN'T think it was cocaine? Anyone? Good.

Comment

Midnight chase is a superstar! What a recovery!
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

and this

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                            Ya know Tom, I was trying to rmember the name of the movie, starshiptroopers, yeah that was excellent.
                                                                                                            I think the indictment to transformers was it was about Alien robots that run into trucks. As yer man says in the Meteor ad, What are ya 12? I think Stewelpeters point from earlier is proven x 1000. LOL @ assertions that this afternoon kiddie movie is mentioned in the same breath as 2001. meh I suppose it's fcked up taste buds like this that exhalt people like Robbie Williams in the music world. :-P ( I forgot to say IMO)

So the 'Ryan line' finally killed ol Gerry. Hands up who DIDN'T think it was cocaine? Anyone? Good.
                                                                                                            I am sure 2001 was cutting edge in terms of special effects when it was released in the 1960's or whatever. But with the CGI graphics and effects Movies such as Avatar and Transformers just blow it out of the water.

Maybe if they remade it with Keanu Reeves or someone like that it could again be considered a modern classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Tony Bloom is the best value imo. I liked the look of Webber in the heat and the Runners Up game which were both really tough heats and will have a few quid on both
                                                                                                              http://www.blackbeltpoker.com/articl...-Poker-Million

Bloom and Webber in to 6/1 and 8/1 on Boyles before i even put a bet on

5/1 is good on Antonius so might have a look myself

Comment

This

and this

People's memories change at hilarious rates, they forget some things far too quickly, and never let go of things that they should move on swiftly from. (Like Munster being a great team)
                                                                                                                Seriously with the amount of extra housing in this country I doubt mass caravan living is something we will need to take up. The level of inbreeding that your ancestors were into is not really for me to comment and I dont think Muster are a particularly bad team but the fans really piss me off. I know its an old gripe but I got tickets for the euro final in Murrayfield and couldn't get a hotel room in Edinburgh or a flight because they all wanted to sell their spots at a premium rather then just cancel. Ended up staying in Glasgow which while not a terrible commute was anoying. Also heard stories of the particularly embittered deciding that they would rather loose the money than help out the Leinster fans.

Comment

I on the other hand got a ferry ticket, a 5* apartment and tickets for the final off a Munster fan who was far more optimistic of a HEC win than I had been in the September before the final. All for €320 pp.

We had 2 cars of 4 people and then another 5 who flew and crashed the floor in the apartment.

Lad was an absolute gent, and when he handed the tickets to me, said to make sure that we "stuff those Leicester pricks".
                                                                                                                  - They're not all spas at the very least.

What did annoy me, was the Munster fans who came to the match, in Munster jerseys! What was that about?

Comment

I am sure 2001 was cutting edge in terms of special effects when it was released in the 1960's or whatever. But with the CGI graphics and effects Movies such as Avatar and Transformers just blow it out of the water.

Maybe if they remade it with Keanu Reeves or someone like that it could again be considered a modern classic.
                                                                                                                    I really hope you are taking the piss.

Comment

Ipoker must die.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                        I really hope you are taking the piss.
                                                                                                                        Just saying its dated thats all.

Needs some explosions or flashy lights to keep your attention.

Comment

Style over substance. So indicative of our times.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X