X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    53% really is a fckload of tax though!
    who are you telling, it's beyond depressing is the truth of it.

The harder I've worked and the better my career has gone the less money, relatively speaking, I've taken home as a result.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
        who are you telling, it's beyond depressing is the truth of it.

The harder I've worked and the better my career has gone the less money, relatively speaking, I've taken home as a result.
        I hear ya although in my case, it's more the effect of having to pay mortgage + two creche places monthly so it's really down to life choices

I have less disposable income now than I've had for years, maybe I should start winning some money at teh pokers
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Former FF'ers need to be ignored
          fyp, they are useless and should be treated as such

just let the party die and be held up as a salutary lesson in bad politics, corruption and mass stupidity

Comment

Ugh tilty!

Go into a store to buy my niece a game for the Wii for her birthday tomorrow, select game go up to counter to buy it "sorry we dont have it" eh should you not have a out of stock sign/take the game of the shelf or something???

Plus Argos changed all their prices on their cameras!
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Gogarty's last ever appearance on RTE

fuck off and don't let the door hit you in the arse in the way out

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Has anyone has read Assange's old blog or actually listened to the stuff he comes out with?

He comes across as a total whackjob who'd fit in well on the Boards CT Forum. I'm all for the concept of WikiLeaks but it has to be handled responsibly. It feels like this guy has lost the run of himself and gone off on an enormous ego trip. In any case if he is a threat to the security of any one state then that state is going to come after him in any way they can that's just the business he's in. If he's pissing dozens of states off then he's going to get what he's going to get.
                I've read a lot of what he has written over the years.
                Maybe part of me is a conspiracy nut, part of me loves the old Manifesto, but mostly what galls me about all this is the hypocrisy of this whole affair. How come the NY times, Guardian, Die Spiegal et al are not being systematically shut down, attacked, harrassed and threatened becase of the cables?
                If anything, they are the ones who have brought this to a much larger audience.
                One Republican senator has called in the US fucking senate for the special forces to put a pullet in his head....wft??
                I am a big believer in technology and I'm a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable. They can begin to think for themselves. That generates new ideas. It encourages creativity.

And so I've always been a strong supporter of open Internet use. I'm a big supporter of non-censorship. This is part of the tradition of the United States that I discussed before, and I recognize that different countries have different traditions. I can tell you that in the United States, the fact that we have free Internet -- or unrestricted Internet access is a source of strength, and I think should be encouraged.
                ---Obama last year
                funny how things change....amazon have cut hosting, as mentioned earlier, paypal, Visa, Mastercard have cut financial services
                EveryDNS have blocked wikileaks.org and removed dynamic lookups (partly due to DDoS attacks)

I dont quite understand the ego trip part of it. While candor is paramount to proper diplomatic realtions, I cannot see how routinly secretly taking DNA, creditcard records, passwords, etc from UN officals is a good thing
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Former FF'ers need to switch to FG, as unlikely as that might be. A vote for the left is almost as disastrous as raising the corporate tax rate. Labour and Sinn Fein want to tax successful people out of Ireland.
                    What is needed IMO is for the Green Party to disband and the sane rationalist ones among them form a new Technocrat party that would suck the best of the current Parties and bring in lots of new blood.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      fyp, they are useless and should be treated as such

just let the party die and be held up as a salutary lesson in bad politics, corruption and mass stupidity
                      Question, what would replace them? Universally, is there any party that we could look at a a model for what we need? An Emergency Realignment party?

People who vote those clowns back into their seats are worse though...

Comment

OK; get ready for the wierd staring eyes of Lenihan (that don't blink) and the incredibly sincere delivery of obvious lies

he's a sociopath, I've been saying it for some time

Comment

No, paying less as a percentage at the top rate, but still the bulk of my tax is at the lower rates which are essentially 33% over here on top of the crappy tax free allowance of £5k rate. The top rate is applicable after £43k, which is a fairly high wage in UK terms. Think over £50k puts you in the top 10% of earners in the country!
                          I'll just take a look at my own numbers here:

I pay just over 31% of my gross income in taxes (and I put another 20% into my pension). If I didn't make a pension contribution, my effective tax rate would be over 40%.

what does the UK effective rate look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            What is needed IMO is for the Green Party to disband and the sane rationalist ones among them form a new Technocrat party that would suck the best of the current Parties and bring in lots of new blood.
                            you're always good for a bit of craic!

Comment

Comment

^^^ bring on Joan Burton, hey, hey Raoul! That's what the country needs!
                                she's not the worst <chokes on own vomit>

she was right on the Guarantee

Comment

Lenny got a good shine of the boot polish on his head today

nice to see him and Cowen sharing the same brand, who says the Government isn't cutting costs?

Comment

At least the Dail is packed...for once.

Comment

OK; get ready for the wierd staring eyes of Lenihan (that don't blink) and the incredibly sincere delivery of obvious lies

he's a sociopath, I've been saying it for some time
                                      Like father, like son.
                                      I have to admit I think a quick return to a fuedal system until we get ourselves sorted out. Just give me total power for 3 or 4 years and I promise to give it back when im done.

Comment

Comment

waffle

he must know this bullshit off by heart by now

Comment

"an economy returning to growth after a deep and prolonged recession"

caused by you and your fuckwit buddies

Comment

lol, "give certainty to households"

that they're fucked

thanks to me and my fuckwit buddies

Comment

linkage?
                                                rte isnt helping
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"we doubled the dole and the OAP in ten years"

he says it like he's proud of it

Comment

Comment

dole being cut by 4%, no change to the standard pension, 10 yoyo off child benefit

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                        Multiaccounting - tut tut!
                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                          Koscielny out for 3 weeks thats a huge loss imo.

Means a centre back partnership of Squillaci and Djourou for the games v United and Chelsea thats added to the news that Fabregas is 50/50. Big few weeks for the gunners.
                                                          Hes declared fit for tomorrow night so looks like it wont be 3 weeks out after all!

Fab is prob out for the United game I reckon. I kinda hope he isn't risked if hes not 100%.

Comment

This might be (a bit) radical, but if the Gov just spend €0 on healthcare, then we will pay way less in pensions because people die younger. Which means we live like kings when we are young. Simples

Comment

Comment

guy at table behind me has such an annoying droney voice. Think he just lost some money on the dole, but apparently isn't too interested in what Lenihan is currently saying on job creation schemes.
                                                                he's right not to care, Lenihan won't even be a TD in two months time so who gives a fuck what policy commitments he's making today?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                  Im working in Superquinn at the moment Aj, the fruit and veg in fact. I agree on the grapes but the oranges are so nice!

Also, the hot chicken rolls are the best around. Hot chicken, taco, lettuce, cheese and onion. Nom, nom nom.
                                                                  I worked in Superquinn for a few years, really enjoyed it at the time but lost the faith and finally had to leave.

Use to work in the fruit and veg section, tasted loads of mad fruit I never would have other wise, had this one boss in there who was a complete prick to me, fucking hated him. Then he takes a job as a bouncer on one of the night clubs I use to go to, yeah was still a prick then and would still only get in half the time! Get a friend request awhile back from him on Facebook, DECLINE

I was only chatting with somebody about this the other night, I use to think SQ were a great place to work for compared to the likes of Dunnes of Tesco, had some cracking times working in there do miss it at some times thou.

Talking to some of the people who are still there and even going into the place now it seems to have a totally different feel about it.

Chicken burger/Taco + Garlic sauce lettuce is still one of my favourites was handy been really good friends with the people in the deli and getting it more than half price, wish it stil happened now
                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

bit more reverse benchmarking for ministers

nice optics

Comment

Tyler, you seen Machete yet? As mind blowingly awesome as it should be? You seem to have proper taste when it comes to these things...
                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

btw, if you look really closely at the TV you'll be able to see the strings attached to Lenihan's arms and head, little IMF dude sitting up in the balcony yanking away

yes, I said yanking

Comment

Comment

NEWS FLASH.

National broadcaster does not anticipate extra demand for its online streaming for budget day and fails miserably....cocksuckers.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

President apparently hasn't been taking a lot of her pay voluntarily over the last while (which is kind of genuinely nice)
                                                                              she doesn't do any work either so that's fair enough

Comment

Damo Ahern won't like that!

Comment

...

Comment

here comes the meat for PAYE workers

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                        I worked in Superquinn for a few years, really enjoyed it at the time but lost the faith and finally had to leave.

Use to work in the fruit and veg section, tasted loads of mad fruit I never would have other wise, had this one boss in there who was a complete prick to me, fucking hated him. Then he takes a job as a bouncer on one of the night clubs I use to go to, yeah was still a prick then and would still only get in half the time! Get a friend request awhile back from him on Facebook, DECLINE

I was only chatting with somebody about this the other night, I use to think SQ were a great place to work for compared to the likes of Dunnes of Tesco, had some cracking times working in there do miss it at some times thou.

Talking to some of the people who are still there and even going into the place now it seems to have a totally different feel about it.

Chicken burger/Taco + Garlic sauce lettuce is still one of my favourites was handy been really good friends with the people in the deli and getting it more than half price, wish it stil happened now

Im working there ~ 2 years now and it is a really good place to work for. A few of the lads who have worked in Tesco and Dunnes before and then got a job at Superquinn have said we dont know how much better the place is and dont appreciate how much we get away. F and V is so handy. I get most of my 5 a day from work!

I agree, even in the few years ive been here things have changed. We used to get a pay increase every 6 months capped at €13.50 p/h which is very good money for the work thats being done. Unfortunately, I never made it to the top of that scale!

Comment

income levy and health levy abolished - replace with single charge

PRSI ceiling gone

Comment

...

Comment

tax rates unchanged

universal social charge applies from first euro

Comment

Increasing self employed PRSI. This from our government which supposedly is encouraging job growth and new enterprise

Comment

40something, remember asking for a business plan?

Taking on USIT with a better emigration help service could be a winner...

Comment

52% max, yeah? You've just had a tax cut Raoul!
                                                                                                    the twat can't even get his own numbers right

Comment

budget is depressing

On the other hand (NSFW though)

SPOILER

SPOILER

Last edited by Iago; 07-12-10, 16:12.
                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

he's right not to care, Lenihan won't even be a TD in two months time so who gives a fuck what policy commitments he's making today?
                                                                                                        If he stands again he's a certainty to get re-elected in Dublin West, especially as its being given an extra seat.

Comment

inheritance tax threshold down by 20%

DIRT up to 27%

Comment

PRSI relief on pension contributions gonzo

Comment

What does the Tax changes mean for me Stunty a regular PAYE joe soap?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                If he stands again he's a certainty to get re-elected in Dublin West, especially as its being given an extra seat.
                                                                                                                FF are sub 10% in Dublin, he will really struggle to get back in

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                  What does the Tax changes mean for me Stunty a regular PAYE joe soap?
                                                                                                                  don't know yet, have to wait until they publish the actual details with numbers

all the accountancy firms and newspapers will have calculators that you can put your own details into to see what the effect will be

Comment

...

Comment

The bands and credits are reduced yeh? not great.

Comment

stamp duty tidied up, now very low rates on all house sales - new or old

obv. the cost will be offset by continuing falls in prices

Comment

Interesting approach by Lenihan - just speak so fast that no-one can understand the pain that's just been inflicted on them.
                                                                                                                          He's a clever bollix in fairness

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X