This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    A good reply and it seems anyone following it will have a good grounding on the ol handshake, however, I need a more neurotic answer that only Rounders and his ilk can provide.
    Pretty much as Zod and Allen Pease and those experts echo. I really detest the limp fish handshake and form a low first impression when i meet it especially if their the one initiating the handshake. First impressions are often wrong however but a limp fish handshake just doesnt help.

I would point it out to any salesman who initiates a handshake to me and give him the reasons why and make it out that im only telling him for his own benefit being in the business theyre in. They usually dont want to dwell on it though.

Im not a fan of the vaguely familiar colleague who brings around someone new and formally introduces them. You know they are doing this wit every damn office they can think of. Im saying inside "Shur why the fcuk are you introducing me to them i dont really even know you that well. I know our paths are rarely going to cross so why are you introducing them and putting the onus on me to initiate the handshake". For these awkward work place situations if im at a distance i greet verbally and with a hand raise wave before i approach so as there is no need for the handshake when i approach and enter into the perfunctory "So their not treating you to bad so far i hope" small talk. The person being needlessly introduced is nervous throughout and im bulling that the introducer is dragging them through the coals like this.

I really like the Ronnie O Sullivan handshake. Watch him next time especially before the start of a match rather than an interval or end of match. He keeps his open palm close to his rib cage rather than a standard extend and turns into the shake warmly yet warily, Kind of James Cagney like.
    Last edited by rounders123; 06-12-10, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      seriously?

they should be making him president for life with the start they've had
      Yeah, it's all over Twitter and on Sky Sports News apparently, but I've no access to that atm. Christ, here's their (Newcastles) statement

"Newcastle United Football Club have today parted company with manager Chris Hughton. Goalkeeping coach Paul Barron also leaves the club today.
      The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League football. Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well for the future.

Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward.
      The task of appointing a new manager now begins. An announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a successor."

Simply baffling.
      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
        lol Newcastle. Sacked Chris Hughton. Always good for entertainment is that club.
        What a delusional man Mike Ashley is! It's rare I feel sorry for anyone within football given the money involved but that is just super harsh on Hughton.

I think Sven is the man for the job now
        Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah, it's all over Twitter and on Sky Sports News apparently, but I've no access to that atm. Christ, here's their (Newcastles) statement

"Newcastle United Football Club have today parted company with manager Chris Hughton. Goalkeeping coach Paul Barron also leaves the club today.
          The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League football. Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well for the future.

Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward.
          The task of appointing a new manager now begins. An announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a successor."

Simply baffling.
          bonkers

well, at least he can move out of the open-air asylum, back to London and take over at West Ham with a big fat pay-off in his arse pocket. Everyone wins.

really hope NUFC get relegated now
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Simply baffling.

thats a fucking disgrace!!

Comment

It's ok, Alan Shearer's going to team up with co-manager Kevin Keegan to lead them to the top of the table.

Comment

Simply baffling.
                He had to go IMO. Getting the club promoted, and a solid start to the season with apparent harmony in the dressing room is just not how Newcastle do things.

I'm sure David O'Leary/Alan Curbishley/Phil Brown/Santa Claus will do a much better job

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  What a delusional man Mike Ashley is! It's rare I feel sorry for anyone within football given the money involved but that is just super harsh on Hughton.

I think Sven is the man for the job now
                  Winner Alright!

Comment

Simply baffling.
                    Apparantly they use the Martingale method for making decisions.

That's fecking Mary Byrne, and now Chris fk'd over by Geordies. Fecking people are schizos, why else would they say US instead of ME when talking.

Comment

martin o neill will prob get it he's had enough of a break to be bored sitting around his gaff and will feel he is up to the challenge imo

Comment

One time please, experience at club and international level and managed some of the best players in the world and inexplicably currently unemployed
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

They probably won't regardless of whose there, which is testimount to the fantastic foundations Hughton built in so little time.

I'm actually really angry because they were clearly waiting for a slip up in the season to fire him, and the recent drop in form can be explained by the lack of Nolan and Barton in the team due to injury and suspension., any promoted team would struggle without two of their most influential midfielders.

His singnings were excellant and he's managed for the large part to keep a hugely troublesome bunch united and the lowest wages in the premiership by a distance!
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Alan Sugar going on a twitter rant, even resorting to txt lingo
                            Profit before people.

Comment

10" of snow forecast for today, started falling pretty hard an hour ago or so and already about 3" fell..... Epic!

Comment

I am sure that Barton, Carrol and Nolan will keep the team from arguing amongst themselves and melting down. I also presume that they will ease the new managers transition and really make him welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                  10" of snow forecast for today, started falling pretty hard an hour ago or so and already about 3" fell..... Epic!
                                  feck

where are you hegzy (please be in some godforsaken bog hole down de country)?

Comment

Batten down the hatches...
                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

They can have Roy Hodgson. Please.

Comment

feck

His location says Moy - (County Tyrone I think).

Comment

Alan Pardew 7/2 fav for the job. Sigh
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            sure that's in a whole different country

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              They can have Roy Hodgson. Please.
                                              Benitez will be available sooner than Woy

Comment

Alan Pardew 7/2 fav for the job. Sigh
                                                One time please. Just to see what happens when he bangs Andy Carroll's missus.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                  Does Pardew have a history of seducing players womenfolk?
                                                  How do I always miss this sort of gossip.

Comment

You sure your not mixing him up with Paul Jewell?
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Pardew gonna Tiger?

Comment

Google alan pardew, first ten suggestions are funny.

Last edited by The C Kid; 06-12-10, 15:24.

Comment

If Andy Carroll doesn't get his haircut I'd say Pardew will be on his back

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            It's grim up North.

Comment

feck

Moy aye, Up in Tyrone, we had a few inches last week or so when it fell, but now getting alot, just ot making snow angels with the nephews there. My footprints like some yeti with my size 15's

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                Season finale of The Walking Dead to look forward to, fingers crossed its good + season finale of Boardwalk Empire as well but have a few episodes of that to catch up on.
                                                                Enjoyable

SPOILER
                                                                I thought Merl was suppose to turn into a walker? Could of sworn I seen a pic of him as a zombie.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                what 's your budget?
                                                                Nothing mad like €100-€150
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Google alan pardew, first ten suggestions are funny.

Meh pics or GTFO, Jewellsy had his own sex tape

Profit before people.

Comment

I really hope it doesn't snow again. Serious pain at this stage.

Comment

Yeah, but just having an affair like Jewell makes you just another married man, banging one of your players wife' makes you a proper John Terry level of sc*m.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

dammit, no going on the lash for Budget Day for me this year (has been becoming a tradition). Instead of going to a black tie bash in London, I'll be going to the kiddies hospital with el Stuntdaughter to have her tonsils out.

FU Appointments Gods

Comment

I'd say the odds of it reaching 10" are about 17/2. This, however, is different to the 'chances' of it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                              Hey, we made the wikileaks list of facilities 'critical' to the US:

Hibernia Atlantic undersea cable landing, Dublin Ireland Genzyme Ireland Ltd. (filling), Waterford, Ireland: Thymoglobulin.
                                                                              Thymoglobulin® is indicated for the treatment of renal transplant acute rejection in conjunction with concomitant immunosuppression

I know you were all afraid to ask, now you know.

Comment

dammit, no going on the lash for Budget Day for me this year (has been becoming a tradition). Instead of going to a black tie bash in London, I'll be going to the kiddies hospital with el Stuntdaughter to have her tonsils out.

FU Appointments Gods
                                                                                Whatabout sympathies for stuntdaughter?, very unpleasant thing getting the tonsils out. I reckon she will request the medical staff to be excuted judging by her 'bad people must die ' mantra. I'm surprised you are more concerned with a booze up. I on the other hand have tomorrow off and am undecided on the poker or the drinkies tonight. Of course I won't be playing the golf tomorrow as planned which is a fecking pain as Gmacs performance has me up for it.

damn you Mormon gods. (there are no such thing as appointment gods you fool)

Comment

Meh pics or GTFO, Jewellsy had his own sex tape

Someone post the pic of Solksjaer with the cops........

same person imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post

same person imo.
                                                                                    don't be silly you can't even see my face there. (ghey fantasy of yours?)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      Whatabout sympathies for stuntdaughter?, very unpleasant thing getting the tonsils out. I reckon she will request the medical staff to be excuted judging by her 'bad people must die ' mantra. I'm surprised you are more concerned with a booze up.
                                                                                      Meh, I'm more castigating the unfortunate juxtaposition of events scheduling than feeling unsympathetic to El Stuntdaughter.
                                                                                      Whole world is now divided into 'goodies' and 'baddies' btw, the nurses don't know what they're in for.

Mormon gods? they're Mormons you fool. I'll buy you a drink on Thursday night

Comment

Westwood is great on twitter. No holds barred stuff.

LEE WESTWOOD
                                                                                        Sorry 140 letters is not going to be enough for this rant! Just seen Ricky Fowler has been given rookie of the year! Yes he's had a good year but rory mcilroy 3rd in 2 majors and an absolute demolition of the field at quail hollow! Oh yes and on the winning Ryder cup team! Please! Is this yet another case of protectionism by the pga tour or are they so desperate to win something! Wouldn't have something to do with Rory not joining the tour next year? Maybe the PGA tour just employs the same voting process as FIFA! Come on , fairs fair!

Comment

Have to admit I am interested to see if the cabinate all turn up in Doheny And Nessbits as is the standard post budget wrap party venue. I presume they will avoid it but there are some seriously thick necks in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                            Have to admit I am interested to see if the cabinate all turn up in Doheny And Nessbits as is the standard post budget wrap party venue. I presume they will avoid it but there are some seriously thick necks heads in that group.
                                                                                            fyp

sure we all know the details already, god be with the days when the budget could actually throw up a few surprises

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                              Looking to pick up a compact digital camera for my sister for Christmas, anybody have any recommendations or have you seen any good deals around?
                                                                                              Argos have a good range at the moment, and any of the prices I've compared are significantly cheaper than amazon. This one for €120, is £203(€240)on amazon: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...s|14419442.htm
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Starting to snow pretty heavy here now

Comment

fyp

sure we all know the details already, god be with the days when the budget could actually throw up a few surprises
                                                                                                  Here is hoping anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                    Starting to snow pretty heavy here now
                                                                                                    Monaghan is definitely a week behind the rest of the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post

same person imo.
                                                                                                      There is a resemblance alright. Now all we need is a photoshop wiz to morph solks head onto jewells

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Here is hoping anyway
                                                                                                        not much chance of pleasant surprises!

dole to be cut by €8
                                                                                                        child benefit gets a €15 chop
                                                                                                        no change to the OAP, the cowardly fucks
                                                                                                        big reduction in tax allowances
                                                                                                        abolition of the PRSI ceiling imo
                                                                                                        start made on bringing pension reliefs down to 20%
                                                                                                        some tomfoolery with the levies
                                                                                                        drink, fags etc to be hit
                                                                                                        some sort of notional property tax
                                                                                                        carbon taxes to go up

plus all the spending cuts

all based on 2.75% growth forecasts over 4 years. Ho ho ho

Comment

not much chance of pleasant surprises!

dole to be cut by €8
                                                                                                          child benefit gets a €15 chop
                                                                                                          no change to the OAP, the cowardly fucks
                                                                                                          big reduction in tax allowances
                                                                                                          abolition of the PRSI ceiling imo
                                                                                                          start made on bringing pension reliefs down to 20%
                                                                                                          some tomfoolery with the levies
                                                                                                          drink, fags etc to be hit
                                                                                                          some sort of notional property tax
                                                                                                          carbon taxes to go up

plus all the spending cuts

all based on 2.75% growth forecasts over 4 years. Ho ho ho
                                                                                                          And who said that all the magic leaves christmas after you stop believing in Santa

Comment

And who said that all the magic leaves christmas after you stop believing in Santa
                                                                                                            you're better off believing in Satan these days

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                              Such a disgraceful sacking. I hope they go down now. Bad result/performance yesterday but 19pts from 16 games is very good for a promoted side and they hockied Sunderland.

What more could he have done?
                                                                                                              bonkers

well, at least he can move out of the open-air asylum, back to London and take over at West Ham with a big fat pay-off in his arse pocket. Everyone wins.

GTFO

Comment

There is a resemblance alright. Now all we need is a photoshop wiz to morph solks head onto jewells

http://img571.imageshack.us/f/theguards.jpg/
                                                                                                                Tomorrow is the winter of our discontent. (Da Budget)

So I can add Paul Jewell on the list of people I've been accused of looking like (btw I've trimmed up/down a bit )
                                                                                                                The most unlikely was in Washington Dc when I was told by a African American black person :-P that I looked like Sylvester Stallone.
                                                                                                                Raoul reckons Fr Jack., I'm happy with that one as he is my hero.

Comment

Lowry has just announced that he's supporting the Budget

we might have moved a step closer to our white elephant super-casino in Tipperary!

Comment

http://img571.imageshack.us/f/theguards.jpg/
                                                                                                                    Can we get a Worzel Gummidge photoshop too please......
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      Can we get a Worzel Gummidge photoshop too please......
                                                                                                                      I blame myself for showing off my good looks to you jealous pugs. Worzel ain't too bad , he has better hair and 5 more heads than me.
                                                                                                                      cup of tea and a slice of cake?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

From the gambling forum thread - I had one of those inappropriate outbursts of laughter when I read it.

Originally posted by CiaranC
                                                                                                                          Serious question and I dont mean to offend, but do you have some kind of learning disability?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X