This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Yup. Got to Heathrow though. Thank fuck for that.

No sleep for me, gona get a hotel then go mad.

woop woop
    Theres always a way. Things worked out pretty much perfectly on the way.

Lets hope I can say the same for the way back!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      So, two Friday nights in a row I've been introduced to someone I don't know, have said hello and shook their hand - and they've instantly remarked on how "weak" my handshake is. The girl last night likened it to a "dead fish". Not good, right?
      rip there fucking arm off next time lloyd

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
        A little help here lads.

A mate is trying to win a competition for his nephew Kyle on Sportstracker. You have to post a pic with a famous sports person and the picture with the most likes wins.

Kyle won 2 Gold Medals and a Silver at the special Olympics this year so it would be nice if he shipped the €200

If you have 2 minutes and could like the picture David Norton posted up it would be great.
        Done

Comment

So, two Friday nights in a row I've been introduced to someone I don't know, have said hello and shook their hand - and they've instantly remarked on how "weak" my handshake is. The girl last night likened it to a "dead fish". Not good, right?
          No that really isn't good.

Are you left or right handed? I'm left and hate the way the right handed handshake is the norm. Not fair because my left hand is obv stronger and the right doesn't do me justice!
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            No that really isn't good.

Are you left or right handed? I'm left and hate the way the right handed handshake is the norm. Not fair because my left hand is obv stronger and the right doesn't do me justice!
            I'm right handed and a big, imposing looking lad. I guess people expect me to shake their arms out of their sockets or something.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
              GL man

Any idea when there monthly sunday game is on?

Or any idea when the Barry's one is on.
              they're having a big big game on the 26th, 25k starting stack, €45 +5

details aren't finalised, but will be along these lines. no idea about the Barries one.
              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I cant see the "Like" Button??

edit: NVM, i had to "Like" sportstracker first , duh!
                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Is 'The Untouchables' worth a watch?

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                    Is 'The Untouchables' worth a watch?
                    It's superb,how have you not seen it by now?

Worth watching for Morricone's soundtrack alone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3C82Q5I80U[/ame]
                    Last edited by Icarus152; 04-12-10, 11:05.
                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Absolutely not good. Get a grip man!

Comment

Have it on now thanks, I'm definitely guilty of not having seen a lot of 'must sees'. TV over here is great for showing movies actually, always something on on the weekend.

Comment

latest victim? she will be missed....

Comment

The Aviva!!

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                              The Aviva!!

that's pretty cool

Comment

Absolutely fantastic article on Naked Capitalism today, a concise and thoughtful disembowelment of the EFSF and IMF plan. Written for the majority of people too. Think it sums up adequately all the doom and gloom, without actually being a downbeat article. Simply realistic

link
                                SPOILER

Barry Eichengreen: Ireland’s rescue package – Disaster for Ireland, bad omen for the Eurozone

By Barry Eichengreen, Professor of Economics and Political Science at the University of California, Berkeley; and formerly Senior Policy Advisor at the International Monetary Fund. Cross posted from VoxEU

Irish interest spreads did not fall and contagion continues. Here one of the world’s leading international economists explains why. Short-sighted, wishful thinking by EU and German leadership designed a package that is not economically feasible in the long run (it would trigger a vicious debt deflation spiral) and it is not politically sustainable in the short run. The Eurozone had better have a Plan B for when the new Irish government rejects the package next year and imposes a haircut on Irish bank bondholders.*

The Irish “rescue package” finalised over the weekend is a disaster. You can say one thing for the European Commission, the ECB, and the German government – they never miss an opportunity to make things worse.

It pains me to say this. I’m probably the most pro-euro economist on my side of the Atlantic. Not because I think the Eurozone is the perfect monetary union, but because I have always thought that a Europe of scores of national currencies would be even less stable. I’m also a believer in the grand European project. But given this weekend’s abject failure of EU and German leadership, I am going to have to rethink my position.

A solvency problem postponed is a problem made intractable

The Irish “programme” solves exactly nothing – it simply kicks the can down the road. A public debt that will now top out at around 130% of GDP has not been reduced by a single cent. The interest payments that the Irish sovereign will have to make have not been reduced by a single cent, given the rate of 5.8% on the international loan.

According to the deal, not just interest but also principal is supposed to begin to be repaid after a couple of years. At that point, Ireland will be transferring nearly 10% of its national income as “reparations” to the bondholders, year after painful year.

The inevitable populist backlash

This is not politically sustainable, as anyone who remembers Germany’s own experience with World War I reparations should know. A populist backlash is inevitable. The Commission, the ECB, and the German Government have set the stage for a situation where Ireland’s new government, once formed early next year, rejects the budget negotiated by its predecessor.

Do Mr Trichet and Mrs Merkel have a contingency plan for this?

Infeasibility of a wage-cutting exit plan

Nor is the situation economically sustainable. Ireland is told to reduce wages and costs. It must engage in “internal devaluation” because the traditional option of external devaluation is not available to a country that lacks its own national currency.

But the more successful it is at reducing wages and costs, the heavier will be its inherited debt load.

Public spending then has to be cut even more deeply. Taxes have to rise even higher to service the debt of the government and its wards such as the banks.

This in turn implies the need for yet more internal devaluation, which further heightens the burden of the debt in a vicious spiral. This is the phenomenon of “debt deflation” about which the Yale economist Irving Fisher wrote in a famous article at the nadir of the Great Depression.

What should have been done

For internal devaluation to work, therefore, the value of debts, expressed in euros, has to be reduced. This would have been particularly easy in the Irish case.

A bright red line could have been drawn between the third of the government debt that guarantees the obligations of the banks, on the one hand, and the rest of the government’s debt, on the other hand.
                                The third representing the debts of the Irish banking system could have been restructured.

Bondholders could have been offered 20 cents on the euro, assuming that the Irish banks still have some residual economic value.

If those banks are insolvent, the bondholders could – and should – have been wiped out.

Irish public debt would then have topped out at maybe 100% of GDP. And the Irish programme would have had a hope of working. As it is, the programme will have to be revisited, perhaps as soon as next year. Investors know this, which is why Irish spreads have barely budged.

In fact, this is exactly the policy that the IMF, which at least knows how to add, has been pushing for over the last week. But the Fund was unable to overcome the objections of the Commission, the ECB, and the German government.

Why the mistakes?

One can interpret the intransigence of the German government and its EU allies in two ways.

First, they understand neither economics nor politics. As Tallyrand said of the Bourbons, “They have learned nothing, and they have forgotten nothing.”

Second, policymakers in Germany – and in France and Britain – are scared to death over what Ireland restructuring its bank debt would do to their own banking systems.

If the second interpretation is correct, the appropriate response is not to lend to Ireland – to pile yet more debt on the country’s existing debt – but to properly capitalise the French, German, and British banking systems so that they can withstand the inevitable Irish restructuring.

But European officials are scared to death not just by their banks but by their public who don’t want to hear that public money is required for bank recapitalisation. It’s safer, in their view, to kick the can down the road in the hope that something good will turn up – to rely on “the luck of the Irish.”

As John Maynard Keynes – who knew about matters like reparations – once said, leadership involves “ruthless truth telling.” In Europe today, as recent events make clear, such leadership is in short supply.

* I really like this bit

Comment

The Aviva!!

Great pic. Looks as if the aliens have landed.

Comment

Very bad IMO.

Quite surprised too because I assume I would have shook your hand a number of times over the year and if I had noticed such a low grade shake I would have you written off clearly labelled as such, Dead Fish being the second lowest rung on the handshake ladder just above the utterly despicable Wet Fish.
                                    This leaves open the appalling vista that you are an unintentionally dynamic shaker varying the pressure in response to cues taken from your perception of the shakee and the environment.
                                    Strong and firm every time unless of course you are repulsed by the shakee in which case you are allowed deploy the deadest wettest fish you can muster.

Also what sort of a pschyo comments on the handshake instead of just storing it as the private information it is?
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Very bad IMO.

Quite surprised too because I assume I would have shook your hand a number of times over the year and if I had noticed such a low grade shake I would have you written off clearly labelled as such, Dead Fish being the second lowest rung on the handshake ladder just above the utterly despicable Wet Fish.
                                      This leaves open the appalling vista that you are an unintentionally dynamic shaker varying the pressure in response to cues taken from your perception of the shakee and the environment.
                                      Strong and firm every time unless of course you are repulsed by the shakee in which case you are allowed deploy the deadest wettest fish you can muster.

Also what sort of a pschyo comments on the handshake instead of just storing it as the private information it is?
                                      This^^^^^^

Unless it was a mate I wouldn't comment on it at all, but a weak handshake definitely gives a perception of the person giving it. Should always be firm, but not squeezing, you might lighten it a tad when shaking hands with a woman, but it shouldn't be noticeable.

On reflection, I've probably put way to much thought into this.
                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

@ The C Kid, how many goals did you say Heskey would get?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it
                                          It is some rubbish that has hung around from oldie days Greece or the likes

2 choices:
                                          1, laugh at them and ask them why they want strangers hurting their hands

2, if you can do lazy charm, wink-smile combo, offer the hand again and ask them which knuckle they would like broken

Comment

The kind of psycho who takes offence at being offered a dead hand to shake. When this happens, point it out every time. That way they'll know you're on to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                              I hope you're not this guy....

SPOILER
                                              [IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
                                              Puke!

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                              Nope.

My SN is MrSinister111

My 10 10 cracked his JJ on the river.
                                              Fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                Puke!

Fish!
                                                Lol ended up finishing 3rd with your chips so i'm happy

Comment

The Aviva!!

George Hook will claim this as proof the sun shines out of BO'D's ass.

Comment

Yeah I've noticed that.

I'm right handed and a big, imposing looking lad. I guess people expect me to shake their arms out of their sockets or something.
                                                    Yeah but under that exterior you're really a big girl with your fruity beers and pina coladas!

Comment

Stumbled upon this book the other day

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                      Jebus,how does anyone buy The Daily Mail in this country? Yesterday's frontpage "headlines" include such gems as

Liam,58,and his amazingly young face.

and

Why won't anyone grit the pavement?

Shocking.
                                                      Do you have a link for this? Curious now and can't find it anywhere.
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                        Stumbled upon this book the other day

Do you have a link for this? Curious now and can't find it anywhere.
                                                        Na,picked it up in work.Reference is to Liam Neeson.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Pin thread on Swiss bank accounts, some peeps on here may find it to be of interest
                                                          What happened to that thread?
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Took the BBV's advice last night and drank a shitload of random beers.
                                                            assassinate
                                                            My head hurts

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQOeDYDOCKc&NR=1[/ame]

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

assassinate imo.

Comment

assassinate imo.
                                                                  What?

Comment

Ruffling some feathers.

Comment

The Aviva!!

Was there for a christmas party lastnight, some kinda carnival thing with bumping cars and fairground games. Was actually really really good. Good band, savage meal and class spot.

Comment

I'm not sure I fully understand this?

Well, I thought that too obviously.
                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Some anti-Barca ammo to cheer up Lloyd.

Spanish air traffic controllers are on strike so essentially Spanish airspace is closed. Barca are supposed to be playing away to Osasuna in Pamplona, which is about 450km or so. A high-speed train could take them most of the way, and then they'd have to slum it in a luxury coach the rest of the way.

Sporting Gijon are playing against Espanyol in Barcelona. It's a trip of over 900km and there's no high speed train service. It would basically be all by bus.

Obviously Gijon are playing the match while Barca are refusing and are saying they will only play when they can fly.

Comment

went out last night ,with the girl i live with it and one of her mates.

after her promising me that her friend is stunning and single and up for it.

even though i knew it was all too good to be true ,i thought maybe i will run good.

this chick was so freaking ugly Cillit Bang would not bang her. FML

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post

even though i knew it was all too good to be true ,i thought maybe i will run good.

Cut the shit,did you tap dat ass or not?

Comment

for anyone interested chelsea v everton is been shown on freeview on setanta as far as i known

Comment

Try to spot CHD.

Comment

It was merged with the Eur wedge on the edge thread.

Absolutely dying today after work xmas party last night. Also it seems I dropped my lappy and the screen is fucked. Bah.

Comment

He'll be the hooligan being dragged out...easy to spot imo
                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                        New show, only 3 episodes so far, some really nice looking chicks in the 3rd one !

Also came across a great site, daily updates of the previous nights TV all in one place, all HF links also. No more searching pages and pages.
                                                                                        Yeah for new releases sometimes I just use oneddl for downloads just basically like that site you linked.

As for that show, its looks like an absolute load of bollox, Ive no idea it was on tv went and checked out a clip on YouTube and wasnt really liking it and then Brad Garrett turned up and I said "im defo not watching this fucking shite"

It will defo be a miss for me but I was checking the cast list and 1 name seemed familiar to me this chick Julianna Guill serious hot.

[NSFW="Bouncing!"]

[/NSFW]

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                        Just finished third in the $18k g'teed on PPP for $2340.
                                                                                        Small beer to most on here, but my biggest payday in poker... so far.

A very happy chappy.
                                                                                        Congrats man well done

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                        A little help here lads.

A mate is trying to win a competition for his nephew Kyle on Sportstracker. You have to post a pic with a famous sports person and the picture with the most likes wins.

Kyle won 2 Gold Medals and a Silver at the special Olympics this year so it would be nice if he shipped the €200

If you have 2 minutes and could like the picture David Norton posted up it would be great.
                                                                                        Done, let me know when its finished so I can unlike it.

So you did right?
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Try to spot CHD.
                                                                                          Shouldn't be too too hard spotting a drooler at a football game. They should have filmed his trip there, would have made a cracking Sky 1 at two in the morning show, CHD hits London!
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

For those of you interested this was posted on Peter "Pistol Pete" Murphy's Facebook page, "Chipleader in UKIPT, 185k and 75 left. Time i won one of these things imo."

Doke still in with 38,500

Best of luck to all the lads left in play.
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                              Shouldn't be too too hard spotting a drooler at a football game. They should have filmed his trip there, would have made a cracking Sky 1 at two in the morning show, CHD hits London!
                                                                                              8/1 he gets arrested before kick off
                                                                                              6/1 he gets on TV
                                                                                              2/1 he gets in a fight
                                                                                              1/100 he posts drunken gibberish here in t-5 hours.

Quote to book, max €10

Comment

Maybe I'll film a fly on the wall reality show of CHD's life.
                                                                                                It'll be youtube sensation.

Comment

Maybe I'll film a fly on the wall reality show of CHD's life.
                                                                                                  It'll be youtube sensation.
                                                                                                  A viral?

Comment

What a fab week this is turning into, saw PJ Gallagher last night in Newry, going to see the Stone Roses Experience tonight in Warrenpoint, then Arcade Fire+Vampire Weekend on monday in the o2, followed by Imelda May at the Nerve Centre in Derry this thursday coming. To hell with poverty!
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                      A viral?

Who is that?
                                                                                                      First episode will guest star Icarus.

Edit: Oh yea, apprentice.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 04-12-10, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                        Cut the shit,did you tap dat ass or not?
                                                                                                        Bang, and Gholi was done.

Comment

Comment

Started watching the uk apprentice. tv gold imo. and liz is teh hotness. no way that sausage scene wasn't deliberate!

Comment

that picture of the aviva is immense

Comment

any one know where i can get updates on the UKIPT.

just wondering how Pillowtalk is getting on?

Comment

Your latest PokerStars Blog, online Tournament Poker Series, Live Events from PSPC to EPT. Including Team Pro strategy advice and interviews.
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

think its just the pokerstars blog thats covering it

Comment

Headin down from room shortly - whats his real name & i'll check for you.

1/10 on stars 109 turbo atm - 4.3k ftw & by god i'm due some cards!

Comment

Boom, and Gholi was done.

FYP

Comment

Have Everton finished with their lovely pink jerseys?
                                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X