This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
    Just flicking around on sky and why I got to channel 4 theres a film on ( John Tucker must die ) and it says it's not available in ROI, what's that about? Never seen that happen before.
    To gay for these shores

Comment

Still a bit away from getting it this bad

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afss7QL4wAc[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        My wife's father finally succumbed to liver cancer last night, after a nine month battle. We'd planned a Christmas get together in my house with all the family, knowing full well it would be the last. It wasn't to be.

This time last week it looked like it wouldn't be a problem, he was looking forward to it and was up and about, albeit in pain but no different to normal.
        On Friday he became really bad and could no longer talk or move from the bed, the home help came and told us he had only a few more days.

We brought him to Harolds cross hospice where we felt it would be far more comfortable for him.

He spent his last seven hours heavily sedated and un-responsive until the last two minutes, where he opened his eyes wide and struggled with his last breaths while his family surrounding his bed waved goodbye to him.

It was the most emotional experience I've ever had, and was really quite beautiful.

We were bowled over by the amazing level of empathy, compassion and understanding given to us by the staff at that hospice.
        Wonderful people.
        Really sorry to hear that Conor.

You are correct about the place in Harolds Cross ive had some dealings with them in the last while and they are truly a great place.

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
        yeah was looking at it earlier i noticed it was 2nd gen. its for the daughter so she is looking for the up to the minute 4th gen a few of her friends have it so no trying to con her with the 2nd hand one
        Ah cool go for the HMV option so, I got mixed with my generations its the 3rd one I have must not make that mistake when trying to sell it.
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just flicking around on sky and why I got to channel 4 theres a film on ( John Tucker must die ) and it says it's not available in ROI, what's that about? Never seen that happen before.
          The friends repeats aren't available during the day either for some reason.

I'd be curious to find out, email them, I'm too lazy.
          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
            Made a start on an igloo today. Decided to use the wall for support/laziness. If it doesn't make itself tonight, then it'll get done tomorrow.

It's a hard life really...
            Got a wee bit done this evening. Should be finished tomorrow. A bucket left in the garden had a big piece of ice on top so we decided our Igloo would have a window.

Fun times, when the snow melts I'll be stuck indoors again with nothing to do
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
              The friends repeats aren't available during the day either for some reason.

I'd be curious to find out, email them, I'm too lazy.
              Don't have the rights for Ireland prob. TV3 or RTÉ prob do.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Conor - condolences to the entire family.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  right, online for some L4D2 steam name Borogrove
                  I've taken it upon myself to create an IPB group on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/irishpokerboards

Everyone who plays should join up and we'll get some L4D2 games going next week, they are the business.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Don't have the rights for Ireland prob. TV3 or RTÉ prob do.
                    They show the same episodes in the evening though?

Meh prob some copyright stuff alright, I'll email them tomorrow out of curiosity. No doubt i'll get some bland response.

Edit to say, wtf else would I be expecting.
                    Last edited by dannydiamond; 02-12-10, 23:36.

Comment

All my sympathies Conor, and to your family.

Comment

One of the lads at home has this on his facebook, family built!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                          Fair fucks to Harney's bakery. Just featured on the RTE news keeping the blaa supply into Waterford open despite the weather.

In your face Jackyback with your lack of deliveries!
                          We got to you guys today, can't have ye all starving down there.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            I've taken it upon myself to create an IPB group on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/irishpokerboards

Everyone who plays should join up and we'll get some L4D2 games going next week, they are the business.
                            Have just joined this, defo get a few games going soon. Just dont be noobs

Comment

Sorry to hear the news Conor.

Comment

That's very sad Conor, condolences to you and your family.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

LeBron back to Cleveland tonight at 1am. Should be absolutely epic.

Shaquille O’Neal has a bet riding on Thursday’s Heat-Cavs game.

No, it isn’t on the outcome so no need to call the Commissioner. It is on whether former teammate LeBron James will perform his trademark pregame powder toss in front of what is expected to be a historically hostile crowd in his return to Quicken Loans Arena.

"I’m anxious to see him do the powder [expletive]," O’Neal told reporters before the Celtics’ 106-87 win over the Cavs Tuesday. "We have bets he won’t do it."

After the Heat’s practice in Miami Tuesday, James said he would likely stick to his routine of throwing up the power but left himself some wiggle room.

"He’s done it for every game he’s played so why change for just one game," Dwyane Wade said. “If he doesn’t throw it up, I’ll throw it up for him.”

O’Neal said he believes James’ return to Cleveland will be far more intense than two of his own high-profile returns to former home arenas.

"My situation in Orlando was a six, my situation in L.A. was a seven,” O’Neal said. “This is like a 12. ... He's a tough kid. He'll respond to it very well and have a good game."

I cannot put into words how much he let the city down. It's hard to imagine he realised it himself until the aftermath from that stupid "the decision" show.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjXuciqpdA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The vids a great fit with the song!

Comment

Watching the Big Lebowski for the first time now.

Expectations are high because of this thread, hope it doesn't disappoint!

Comment

At least after the 2022 World Cup, Qatar will have some cracking stadiums to stone women in.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                        At least after the 2022 World Cup, Qatar will have some cracking stadiums to stone women in.
                                        Wow I seen this on 2 on my mates facebook pages

Comment

looks like temperatures are set to recover over the weekend reaching a bamy 5-6 degrees

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

iam kinda hanging around here waiting for ak47 and psv to start again

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Condolences to you and all the family Conor.

Never a good time, but it's always tougher this close to Christmas. Fergus (babymaker/onetime) lost his father about a week ago too and i can only imagine how t feels

Comment

also at jackybacky

what kind of operation are ye running up there
                                                done the shopping in dunnes stores yesterday evening and ended out coming home with 3 loafs of quaeer bread as the shelves were practically empty.
                                                i ended up with one of them half and halfs a loaf that is full off seeds and a semi squashed wholemeal sliced pan

must try and get the guy in the van to come to dungarvan with a bust of blahh's

if you cant spell em you can't eat em

Comment

iam kinda hanging around here waiting for ak47 and psv to start again
                                                  Wana fight?

Comment

lol Aussies, 3-3...

Comment

Wana fight?
                                                      i'll fucking bust you boy

Comment

So tilting 4oD hasn't put up the new Misfits episode yet, beyond irritating.
                                                        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

lol Aussies, 3-3...
                                                          Somebody wake up raoul

Comment

i'll fucking bust you boy
                                                            Culchie

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Somebody wake up raoul
                                                              oh I'm awake....
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Culchie
                                                                baby-

Comment

baby-
                                                                  Too low, you win.

Comment

told you Ingerland had the Mo

Comment

Somebody wake up raoul
                                                                      he is probably makimg use of the hard on this is giving him.

Got yer flag of George boxers on yerself Tony ?

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                                        So tilting 4oD hasn't put up the new Misfits episode yet, beyond irritating.
                                                                        It's up now

Comment

My condolences to your wife and you Conor.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Just caught up on bbv and hadn't read your post when I posted earlier Lazare. Very sorry to hear that.

Comment

condolences Conor

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                he is probably makimg use of the hard on this is giving him.

Got yer flag of George boxers on yerself Tony ?
                                                                                Always good to see the Aussies tkae a beating.

Had a small few quid on them for the series probably to little to bother going green with now.

Comment

Conor, very nice but sad post, so poignant he summed up the energy for the final goodbye. People who work in those hospices are indeed amazing, can't speak highly enough of them .

Comment

Had a small few quid on them for the series probably to little to bother going green with now.
                                                                                    loooooong way to go

need to get Mr Cricket first

Comment

Never really cared who won, couldn't care for either tbh.

But, if the aussie did win, a major brewery promise every adult a free beer.
                                                                                      So, a little disappointed that I won't be getting one now.

Comment

off to bed, I expect some sort of epic scorecard tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                          Watching the Big Lebowski for the first time now.

Expectations are high because of this thread, hope it doesn't disappoint!
                                                                                          Cliffs:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf7frtuyF14[/ame]

SPOILER
                                                                                          The Dude abides.
                                                                                          Last edited by Morihei; 03-12-10, 01:28. Reason: spoiler

Comment

I'm off to watch 'The Game'.

Absolutely loved it first time around and i've a notoriously bad memory where movies are concerned so looking forward to it!.

Feel free to leave your opinions below, i'll be back with my own tomorrow.

Comment

2.5k hands

8 BI down

10 BI below ev

FU POKER

Comment

What game?

Comment

now now not again .

Comment

Qatar's planned stadiums in pictures. Wowaweea.

Following today's announcement that Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup, we take a look at the various stadiums which the Arab country has planned for the tournament

Comment

Qatar's planned stadiums in pictures. Wowaweea.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/g...311033&index=0
                                                                                                      money oil money

Comment

oh fuck right off

1 outered in a 300 bb pot. F this bs

edit: and the little fucker was fu cking irish

fu you irish twat

Comment

What game?
                                                                                                          pls tell me as well lol

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                                            money oil money
                                                                                                            build will build

Comment

build will build
                                                                                                              will there be many irish there no. no drink there lol

Comment

will there be many irish there no. no drink there lol
                                                                                                                There will be 30,000 Irish following the party of about 38 representing the country.

Comment

There will be 30,000 Irish following the party of about 38 representing the country.
                                                                                                                  from the AA lol

Comment

from the AA lol
                                                                                                                    Do they have that many employees?

Comment

Do they have that many employees?

ya two fool john and ed lol

Comment

ya two fool john and ed lol
                                                                                                                        lol yeh john nd ed

Comment

lol yeh john nd ed
                                                                                                                          there always one who dont know

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X