This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
    There are infinite reasons to hate him, but laughing publicly at Ireland's request (made in confidence) to be allowed into the WC as a 33rd team is my personal favourite.

Ps - russia just won
    I laughed when I heard we asked for that aswell tho. I did it privatley as so many people thought that it was reasonable.
    McGeady will be delighted as he now has a great chance of getting free seats for the games so will get to be at the world cup

Comment

>>>>>>>>>

Comment

There are infinite reasons to hate him, but laughing publicly at Ireland's request (made in confidence) to be allowed into the WC as a 33rd team is my personal favourite.

Ps - russia just won
        It was a laughable request. We'd all be laughing if another country had done the same.

Comment

Wow Qatar got it.

England a lock for 2026?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            Wow Qatar got it.

England a lock for 2026?
            can't get 2026 I don't think. 2030 is the earliest it'll come back to Europe.
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Pretty interesting to see Qatar getting it for 2022.

Comment

Wow Qatar got it.

England a lock for 2026?
                Can't bid again until 2030.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                  It was a laughable request. We'd all be laughing if another country had done the same.
                  Ridiculous request for sure - my problem was with Sepp having a chuckle about what was discussed in confidence. And it's not as if Blatter hasn't managed a few clangers himself!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                    Willie you live out Citywest way don't you? Been bucketing down all day?
                    I live in Newcatle and yes the buckets have been epmtying

Comment

England a lock for 2030 then.

I will be old then, ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                        Pretty interesting to see Qatar getting it for 2022.
                        Interesting is definitely one word for it.

Was classed as the biggest risk of all 2022 bids by FIFA.

And then voted in as hosts for 2022 ... by FIFA.

Comment

If it goes according to plan it should be an amazing place to have it tbf

Comment

jesus it's bucketing down.

solid prediction Lloyd!

what's weird is one of the apartments near me has had it's windows open through all the this. weirdos.

Comment

Stupid countries getting World Cups, everyone racist against poor old England.
                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

the Ice Age last January didn't have half as much snow as this cold snap

would not like to be trying to battle my way home tonight
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

could well be part of the US by then.

Comment

I'm in for L4D2 tonight on Steam, who's organising the group?
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Russia have the winter Olympics in 2014 and now the world cup. pretty decent scoop

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        could well be part of the US by then.
                                        judging by the pace of QE, the US could well be part of Qatar!

Comment

Flipped three coins last night at about 11.30 to see if I would go out. The coins told me to stay in so off out I went.

I'm halfway through a huge one with will finish in the morning. Back breaking stuff.
                                          It's not as easy as I would have thought. In fact today's hangover means I could only do a few blocks.

not mine just something i saw on fb
                                          This was posted just to make mine look pathetic

Oh yeah, smoking grass and anger just don't mix

Comment

LOL English media thinking they had some sort of divine right to host it. Russia's bid was pretty impressive, free train journies for people with match tickets, very good security plan ect... Although from what I heard it's a super expensive country to buy anything.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

jesus it's bucketing down.

solid prediction Lloyd!

what's weird is one of the apartments near me has had it's windows open through all the this. weirdos.
                                              Corpse in that flat if it has been open for months on end

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                Corpse in that flat if it has been open for months on end
                                                nah saw a couple of people in it today.

Comment

Thats SkyNews-esque nonsense.
                                                  There were only 5 bids - you do a risk assessment of them and 1 of them is going to be the most risky but it doesn't mean that it is therefore high on a risk scale.
                                                  Like if the 5 European bids were England, France, Italy, Germany and Spain - one of them has to win the most-risky assesment, despite there being little or no risk whatsover.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    LOL English media thinking they had some sort of divine right to host it. Russia's bid was pretty impressive, free train journies for people with match tickets, very good security plan ect... Although from what I heard it's a super expensive country to buy anything.
                                                    just don't get locked in the theatre with some rebels.

Comment

nah saw a couple of people in it today.
                                                      corpse + necro's = need a very cold flat

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        There were only 5 bids - you do a risk assessment of them and 1 of them is going to be the most risky but it doesn't mean that it is therefore high on a risk scale.
                                                        Like if the 5 European bids were England, France, Italy, Germany and Spain - one of them has to win the most-risky assesment, despite there being little or no risk whatsover.
                                                        yeah, surely if the stadia are located within a 60km radius of each other, then security becomes easier, not harder?

Comment

Engerlands world cup presentation on now.

Gabriel Marcotti gave a run down on Twitter on Monday of how the votes will pan out from a source that is one of the voters. He said England will ship it in the third round. They were 3/1 at the time. Odds on now! Disgusted I didn't get on.
                                                          Glad you didn't get on now?

At some stage you will cop on that Marcotti is a total spoofer

dreams all kinds of shite up to get hits

lol at ANYONE who bets on info got from him imo

Balugue the same btw
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 02-12-10, 16:15. Reason: **slander? removed :)

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                            corpse + necro's = need a very cold flat

Racist

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                              No chop. I will just crush your AA with the mighty A7off again. Easy game.

Sugar slowrolled me last night. I think your gals days are numbered. Ill let you buy out by putting me into the SE game later. Im a kind soul....

I was in the Fitz on Monday Danny and it was open with 38 in the tourney and 2 cash games.

Dunno where to play later. Work are putting me up in Jurys Ballsbridge so the Fitz will be handier to get to. I do like overlays tho.

You gonna head in?
                                                              I remember coming over at the end of that AA vs A7 hand lols

Just got a text there from 1 of the dealers and they have said its open tonight.

Not sure what to do would love to go in for a game but not sure how I will get home etc, have to check to see if buses are running and all that jazz.

Would not like the idea of having a 1 hour + walk home
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                Not sure what to do would love to go in for a game but not sure how I will get home etc, have to check to see if buses are running and all that jazz.

Would not like the idea of having a 1 hour + walk home
                                                                it's blizzard territory outside Danny, I think you'd be nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                  Flipped three coins last night at about 11.30 to see if I would go out. The coins told me to stay in so off out I went.

It's not as easy as I would have thought. In fact today's hangover means I could only do a few blocks.

This was posted just to make mine look pathetic

Oh yeah, smoking grass and anger just don't mix
                                                                  The new thing is to flip 9 coins majority rules, ask Dom about it

Comment

Not that big of a shock Qatar got it. I'd say the "rewards" each FIFA delegate was offered would have been far more attractive then what the Yanks or Austrailians offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                      Glad you didn't get on now?
                                                                      Well if I had got on I would have had it laid off after it went from 3/1 to 8/11. England biggest risk was getting through the first round of voting. They were meant to pick up the majority of votes in the 2nd and third round
                                                                      Russia have got it. Get on before the Market closes!
                                                                      I announced this ten minutes before the result. All sort of leaks in the Spanish media that Russia had it and they're price collapsed in a matter of minutes. Managed to get a bit on but not nearly as much as I wanted to.
                                                                      Last edited by The Situation; 02-12-10, 16:20.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        yeah, surely if the stadia are located within a 60km radius of each other, then security becomes easier, not harder?
                                                                        I guess it depends on whether you are talking about low level security like stopping the German/English&Dutch fans kicking the heads off each other, in which case having the grounds close by makes it more difficult. But makes high level security that much easier.

If only the Qatari's allowed the free sale of alcohol this would probably be the best WC of all - a country roughly the size of Galway/Mayo so you could easily get to a game-a-day during the group phase.

Time Zone is good for TV, only GMT+3 hours so games should be European friendly.

Obviously as a vote it was as corrupt as fuck, but I still think it's better than Aus or Japan/Korea. USA would have good as well.

Comment

I don't think it was classed as the most risky of the bids ... it was classified as being 'high risk' full stop.

Academic now at any rate

Comment

Green Line Luas out of commision
                                                                            It's gonna be a long fucking night
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The new thing is to flip 9 coins majority rules, ask Dom about it
                                                                              I'll flip 9 tonight so. Why ask Dom, story behind it?

Comment

Opinions of people leaving towels and runners on staff changing room heaters for the day?.

Does anyone use of heard of the term 'lifting the dinner' (it means serving the dinner and the brother in law uses it).

A vietnamese women used me on the dart yesterday. Asking me this that and the other each time i had to take the ear peice out. She comissioned me spotter for Tara st station for her. It was so packed that i had to step off the dart in order to let her out and she never as much as looked at me as she got off, no thanks nothing.

Comment

it's blizzard territory outside Danny, I think you'd be nuts!
                                                                                  I hadn't looked outside since this morning, man its crazy out! Yeah think a game of cards is off the table for tonight, gonna just chill.

There is some people building a snow family in the field across the road from me, big fucking snowmen about 6ft tall.

Just took this now.

Comment

Looking forward to the trip from Dun Laoghaire to Citywest now

Comment

I hadn't looked outside since this morning, man its crazy out! Yeah think a game of cards is off the table for tonight, gonna just chill.

There is some people building a snow family in the field across the road from me, big fucking snowmen about 6ft tall.

Just took this now.

The far right segment of meshing. How did this happen? gougers?.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                        I'll flip 9 tonight so. Why ask Dom, story behind it?
                                                                                        He is the person I first seen doing it, at the JP Mini WSOP trying to decide if he should play the side event or not it went in favour of playing it but he didnt look too happy about it seeing as he was still kinda ill but majority ruled so he had to play think he got 1 or 2 other people to do it as well.

Comment

feck Prince William going bald, i remember when I 1st saw him on the telly, he was bald then I suppose, I'm deffo getting old. have they done the DNA on harry yet ? no way he's Charlies, I await the royal episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                            The far right segment of meshing. How did this happen? gougers?.
                                                                                            If you look to the left of the picture you will see its totally collapsed, its all the snow weighing it down

Gougers no, me and my friends when we were younger use to try and jump the fence and it got wrecked and my garden was the place were people would chat so people leaning on it also wrecked it over time, and then the neighbours leaning on it for a chat plus my niece and nephew.

Kinda surprised that its still going today

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              feck Prince William going bald, i remember when I 1st saw him on the telly, he was bald then I suppose, I'm deffo getting old. have they done the DNA on harry yet ? no way he's Charlies, I await the royal episode of Jeremy Kyle.
                                                                                              Its just assumed.

Comment

The Luas Green Line is operating from Sandyford stop to Brides Glen stop only. There is no service from St Stephens Green to Sandyford...apparently some little shits built a snowman and buried a steel pipe under the snow on the tracks
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  Its just assumed.

shagged by her brother , Jerry Jerry

Comment

I'm going drinking in town later, bad idea then?

Comment

He is the person I first seen doing it, at the JP Mini WSOP trying to decide if he should play the side event or not it went in favour of playing it but he didnt look too happy about it seeing as he was still kinda ill but majority ruled so he had to play think he got 1 or 2 other people to do it as well.
                                                                                                      Ah ye, I remember it from the updates now. Degeneracy ftw!

Comment

I guess it depends on whether you are talking about low level security like stopping the German/English&Dutch fans kicking the heads off each other, in which case having the grounds close by makes it more difficult. But makes high level security that much easier.
                                                                                                        I was thinking more along the lines of lunatic jihadists

Comment

is leaving my immersion on all the time killing trees, hippies etc?

Comment

Some of the shows i've been enjoying are coming to an end/have ended - Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire.

I'm interested in picking up a couple of new ones - preferably things about to start their first seasons or are in their first season. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                              What is your Steam ID? Mine is funkdoggz I think - we should have a IPB game of L4D2 someday!
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                              I'm in for L4D2 tonight on Steam, who's organising the group?
                                                                                                              Im up for a game anytime, Monday night so IP is back from Galway? And we should have one more by then.
                                                                                                              Be warned I kinda suck though, don't even know how to chat in game so I'm probably not the best person to organise.

Comment

Rounders just reading that gougers post again, and I'm just laughing to myself you somehow make the simple/mundane/random things interesting and funny, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                  shagged by her brother , Jerry Jerry
                                                                                                                  "The brother give her an out"

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                    Some of the shows i've been enjoying are coming to an end/have ended - Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire.

I'm interested in picking up a couple of new ones - preferably things about to start their first seasons or are in their first season. Any suggestions?
                                                                                                                    I'm liking Nikita at the moment a lot better than I thought it was gonna be, same thing for the new Hawaii Five-0 obviously nowhere near the standard of the shows you listed but interesting in their own way.

No Ordinary Family as well + Blue Bloods

Comment

Sort of. It's much more energy efficient to keep hot water hot than it is to have a constant cool/heat cycle. That's why Berco Boilers are better than kettles in canteens and stuff. But if you don't use it much then you're heating a ton of water that you'll ever use. You'd need a meter to tell you exactly, but I'd say the average joe doesn't use the water enough to justify having it heating all the time.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

is it lagged? with a jacket, or the green foam on the tank. If its with the green foam, its fine, the thermostat in the immersion will turn it off when it reaches a certain temp, doesnt lose heat too easy, and will only have to heat one extra degree each time it switches on.
                                                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Any Limerick heads know what the game is tonight in Fitzpatrick's? Can't access the site from work...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X