Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop the car and get out with a hurley next time. They won't be long running.

Originally posted by smurph View Post
    speaking of Asbo's (just catching up on last day or 2)... One of the women in work is from Rathfarnham, and she got a bus into town and then the 79A to Parkwest.. However the bus driver forgot to mention to her that it wouldn't be going through cherryorchard to parkwest but would be stopping in Ballyfermot.

I went and picked her up in my car... On the way back through cherryorchard, we came up to a little roundabout where there were around four 12-14 year lads, pelting snowballs at us, fair enough, but now the new hip cool ASBO thing to do is to push the back end of cars so they skid, BASTARDS, two of the little feckers grabbed the rear spoiler on the car to push it sidewards..... I slammed on the brakes and pressed the horn continually til the little f*ckers let go...

I got so vlumoxed i took wrong exit off the roundabout into a cul-de sac... The little c*nts were waiting for us again.. So I did a skid drive around the roundabout the wrong way, and did my quick exit (well at 30Km anyway) one of the snowballs had a stone in it but luckily just bounced off the roof of the car.

Imagine if I knocked one of the little runts down, their family would be down to their solicitors quicker than you could say "SCUMBAGGY RUNTS"

What the f*ck is wrong with this society... meh..

It certainly had me rattled....

Now as I look out of my office at the snow pelting off the roof of my car, and hear the light rumble of thunder in the distance, I must remind myself how lucky I am to have a job......

Think I might have a vodka tonight....

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Stop the car and get out with a hurley next time. They won't be long running.
      This is bad advice, they will take the hurl, beat you with it and steal the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        Has anyone ever used Microsoft Onenote? Had a few hours in the airport on Monday and worked through it. It's an excellent organisational tool. Just catapulted itself into one of my most used Office products.
        Yeah use it at work - great bit of kit alright...

Comment

I did a skid drive around the roundabout the wrong way, and did my quick exit
          The Stig officially outed imo.

Comment

speaking of Asbo's (just catching up on last day or 2)... One of the women in work is from Rathfarnham, and she got a bus into town and then the 79A to Parkwest.. However the bus driver forgot to mention to her that it wouldn't be going through cherryorchard to parkwest but would be stopping in Ballyfermot.

I went and picked her up in my car... On the way back through cherryorchard, we came up to a little roundabout where there were around four 12-14 year lads, pelting snowballs at us, fair enough, but now the new hip cool ASBO thing to do is to push the back end of cars so they skid, BASTARDS, two of the little feckers grabbed the rear spoiler on the car to push it sidewards..... I slammed on the brakes and pressed the horn continually til the little f*ckers let go...

I got so vlumoxed i took wrong exit off the roundabout into a cul-de sac... The little c*nts were waiting for us again.. So I did a skid drive around the roundabout the wrong way, and did my quick exit (well at 30Km anyway) one of the snowballs had a stone in it but luckily just bounced off the roof of the car.

Imagine if I knocked one of the little runts down, their family would be down to their solicitors quicker than you could say "SCUMBAGGY RUNTS"

What the f*ck is wrong with this society... meh..

It certainly had me rattled....

Now as I look out of my office at the snow pelting off the roof of my car, and hear the light rumble of thunder in the distance, I must remind myself how lucky I am to have a job......

Think I might have a vodka tonight....
            SCUMBAGGY RUNTS That is an excellent name for a housing estate. I may have to borrow this for an email exchange. I know blatant plagiarism.

Perhaps all you can do in those circumstances is knock it into nuetral and hit the accelerator and burn the shins off them with the exhaust and off they'll run
            back to the RUNTS

Comment

fair carpeting of fresh snow now and no sign of it stopping

working from home today, good LOL at the neighbour who painstakingly scraped her driveway clear at 11am, now completely covered again.

here's the quadruple espresso, you can basically stand a spoon up in it. It's pretty rough going down but well worth it

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just got my phone bill there 11 pages long still only €30 thou shirley they could just e-bill me or something save on that waste of paper.

I know UPC do that you can either get a physical bill or e-bill obviously we have to get physical bill because my Dad thinks UPC are trying to rip us off
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Resize that pic Raoul FFS!

SPOILER
                  im just kidding should be fun to see if you can do it

Comment

I know EXACTLY where that was.
                    I'm from around there, in my day it was all about trying to get a skid by hanging on to the back rather than making the car skid.
                    Good to know they are progressing
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ive never been a coffee drinker dont like the taste but the smell of some of the coffees is just beautiful but I know its gonna taste rank

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Resize that pic Raoul FFS!

SPOILER
                        im just kidding should be fun to see if you can do it
                        I would if I could

Comment

Ive never been a coffee drinker dont like the taste but the smell of some of the coffees is just beautiful but I know its gonna taste rank
                          most coffee does taste rank, the key is to buy decent beans

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            I would if I could
                            GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Dukey,what are you making the espressos with?
                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                coffee, read the thread, sheesh!

Comment

Did ya ever have the coffee where the beans pass through the digestive system of a cat civet i think? forget name of it.

Comment

Danesi beans

and water, obv.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                      Did ya ever have the coffee where the beans pass through the digestive system of a cat civet i think? forget name of it.
                                      Kopi Luwak?

no but sounds interesting

best coffee I've ever drunk is Blue Mountain but it costs an absolute fortune

Comment

I would if I could
                                        With all your fancy Phd's and awards and certificate's no use to you now

I will take your word for it. You drink from Starbucks/Costa/Insomnia etc which is your favourite? Whats the coffee like in the SE always looks and smells nice? The hot chocolate was nice from there but only 1 person seemed to make it properly, now alas it is gone!

Comment

I think Lloyd has to admit now he was wrong about the snow. Parts of the city got away light enough, but parts got destroyed as well.

Comment

Kopi Luwak?

no but sounds interesting

best coffee I've ever drunk is Blue Mountain but it costs an absolute fortune

Comment

I hate coffee but when I was in Seattle the 1st time, I went to a brewery called redhook, I asked to sample their stout, I got a big pitcher of coffee flavoured stout.
                                              I took one mouthful and nearly puked, however as I'm from a famine striken country I decided not to waste it, 40 minutes later(or more) the waitress came over to me and asked me what I'd like to sample now. 'Anocsher pisssther of thash coffee guinnessssh' sez I.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                I think Lloyd has to admit now he was wrong about the snow. Parts of the city got away light enough, but parts got destroyed as well.
                                                the freeze would have to spread to hell imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                  Has anyone ever used Microsoft Onenote? Had a few hours in the airport on Monday and worked through it. It's an excellent organisational tool. Just catapulted itself into one of my most used Office products.
                                                  Only stumbled across it myself this year, absolute must for any student. Great for organizing college notes etc.

This dropbox and fences were my three great technological discoveries this year.

Fences just makes a really cluttered screen look very clean in two clicks of a mouse.
                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

The greatest character in Home and Away history is back. Awesome

Comment

Pretty cool hack of the Kinect by some MIT heads. All we need now are 3d holograms and 80's sci-fi is science fact.

Kinect + Computer Vision + Javascript DepthJS is a web browser extension that allows any web page to interact with the Microsoft Kinect via Javascript. Find out…

Comment

Well I'm heading to see The Drums in the Academy in town tonight. Just thought I would check on here. The gig is sold out. Another guy I know has 3 tickets and cannot make it at all. So there is 3 FREE tickets going. If anyone would like a free ticket(s) could you PM me or reply to this. Obviously weather is shit etc. But if anyone would like one or 3 and is serious could you let me know withing the next 3 or 4 hours or so. I will meet and give you the tickets at the academy or in a pub nearby.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZbbx5SPTs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZbbx5SPTs[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUubQj7g56E&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUubQj7g56E&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Woke up way late for college this morning and panicked because there was some important enough stuff on today. Get to checking my email before rushing out the door and I see this gem in my inbox:

Due to the deterioration in the weather conditions, lectures and events are finishing at 12 o'clock today and the Belfield and Blackrock campuses will close early at 2.00pm, for health and safety reasons.

Comment

Drums sounds like the Cure grange.

Comment

Lols

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                                                Well I'm heading to see The Drums in the Academy in town tonight. Just thought I would check on here. The gig is sold out. Another guy I know has 3 tickets and cannot make it at all. So there is 3 FREE tickets going. If anyone would like a free ticket(s) could you PM me or reply to this. Obviously weather is shit etc. But if anyone would like one or 3 and is serious could you let me know withing the next 3 or 4 hours or so. I will meet and give you the tickets at the academy or in a pub nearby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZbbx5SPTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUubQ...eature=related
                                                                lol, I have two tickets to this going spare as not travelling cause of the weather. This is my fav tune from them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW9E2606Oc[/ame]

Opr
                                                                Last edited by Opr; 01-12-10, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                  Drums sounds like the Cure grange.
                                                                  Yeah I would describe them as a cross between The Beach Boys and Joy Division.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    lol, I have two tickets to this going spare as not travelling cause of the weather.

Opr
                                                                    Yeah I imagine there will be a lot of people not attending cause of the weather. The girlfriend and her friend work in town so there not coming home and I'm meeting them in there. Other friend had bought 3 tickets in July or something and he and his friends cant make it. There only 20 euro each so no great loss financially if you cant make it. Different story on Sunday if you couldnt make it to Arcade Fire 70 Fun Credits each! That would sting....

Im also a big fan of that song Down by the Water Opr. I reckon it will be a good gig. Album is pretty good thoughout.

Comment

Stupid cunting headphones should withstand being mildy stood on, stupid right side has given up the ghost.
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Danesi beans

and water, obv.
                                                                        Quite quite,but what machine are you using? or a moka pot or what?

Comment

Smurph there is nothing like snow on a roundabout as an excuse for running a scummyrunt over , just make sure to go around twice .
                                                                          Its very easy to miss your exit in these conditions

Comment

Lols

yeah really enjoyed the latest Jackass film. 'The Rocky' is great also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRxdRldDGc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRxdRldDGc[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                              I hate coffee
                                                                              Blasphemer.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                The greatest character in Home and Away history is back. Awesome
                                                                                Unless its this guy GTFO

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                  About to but this little guy for pokers, movies, surfing along with 32\" 1080p TV

Anybody know if it is a good box?
                                                                                  Ended up going for this

and this

Can't wait to set her up.
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    don't you start, it's bad enough getting the live needle from pricks like Downtown

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBbLHZD7qA[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                        Only stumbled across it myself this year, absolute must for any student. Great for organizing college notes etc.

This dropbox and fences were my three great technological discoveries this year.

Fences just makes a really cluttered screen look very clean in two clicks of a mouse.
                                                                                        Fences is awesome.

Comment

Quite quite,but what machine are you using? or a moka pot or what?
                                                                                          a Gaggia Classic

Comment

Is driving to Dublin this weekend a total no-no?

I'm supposed to be going to Arcade Fire...

Comment

don't you start, it's bad enough getting the live needle from pricks like Downtown
                                                                                              on the come down already?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Start walking now, you might make it.

By tomorrow we're going to be living like "The Road".

Comment

Home Alone on now, deadly. Also watched firrst few eps of Big Love y'day, kudos to whoever recomended it.

Comment

Im meant to be going to London this Saturday for the Arsenal-Fulham game.

Its a daytrip and there always a bit of a rush. Match finishes around 5 and my flight from Stanstead is leaving at 8. Worried London public transport will let me down...

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                      Beat:
                                                                                                      OMFG. Satted into the $109 DS 6.5k on ipoker. Up to 10.6k at the 25/50 level. 4 limpers an make it 400 with KK. SB 3bets to 1450. I 4b to 4050. 10high flops, he ships and i snap. He shows AQo and binks the turn to knock me out.

At the exact same time on FT in $3r $3k and butt opens, i ship KK from BB and he snaps off AQo to flop top two, hold and away I go in 10th.

Nothing much worth bragging about atm! brb
                                                                                                      Mini brag: Cashed in 8 of my last 9 mtts played with two second places, only fail was the 6.5k above. No wins to report but sure they'll come again. choooo choooo

Comment

Just got my phone bill there 11 pages long still only €30 thou shirley they could just e-bill me or something save on that waste of paper.

I know UPC do that you can either get a physical bill or e-bill obviously we have to get physical bill because my Dad thinks UPC are trying to rip us off
                                                                                                        Pretty sure that UPC charge you to receive a paper bill?
                                                                                                        Same way that they charge you to not pay by DD?

Its quite clever Ryanair style stuff...

Comment

What is it you wanted to do?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                            Home Alone on now, deadly. Also watched firrst few eps of Big Love y'day, kudos to whoever recomended it.
                                                                                                            Yeah its quality

Mini brag: Cashed in 8 of my last 9 mtts played with two second places, only fail was the 6.5k above. No wins to report but sure they'll come again. choooo choooo
                                                                                                            Ship ship keep up the good work.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            Pretty sure that UPC charge you to receive a paper bill?
                                                                                                            Same way that they charge you to not pay by DD?

Its quite clever Ryanair style stuff...
                                                                                                            Yeah they are basically pricks but their broadband is awesome!
                                                                                                            Last edited by tylerdurden94; 01-12-10, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

mmeehhh alot of girlie stuff on here, drive away imo

in saying that i ended up in the garden lastnight with the van due to a severe loss of traction. still up and got a tractor to pullme out this morning and away i went again

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

LOL get on that rollercoaster!
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                  mmeehhh alot of girlie stuff on here, drive away imo

in saying that i ended up in the garden lastnight with the van due to a severe loss of traction. still up and got a tractor to pullme out this morning and away i went again
                                                                                                                  I could just get the train like...

Comment

Yeah they are basically pricks but there broadband is awesome!
                                                                                                                    meh, I much prefer ebills for pretty much anything! I have no problem with them cost cutting and passing it on to us!

Comment

There is some claims on boards that Dublin Bus has been cancelled or wil lbe very soon. Can everyone confirm this, the website is down and the rte weather updates just says that there are delays and curtailsments.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        meh, I much prefer ebills for pretty much anything! I have no problem with them cost cutting and passing it on to us!
                                                                                                                        Yeah I wouldn't mind getting them either, no shredder here so tear up all bills and bank statements etc, should probably just burn them all.

Comment

I very much doubt the saving is getting passed on to customers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X