This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
    ha? She's not about tomorrow night, and I know some of the lads from the forum anyway, someone else suggested a xmas beers, so we said to anyone to come along. this was all planned before todays amygate!

anyway, Keane and others on here in Lim, if you're about come along.
    Was only slagging, prob won't be able to make it, have fun.

Comment

well if ye change ye're mind, cant think of a better way of enjoying a cold dry night than pints of hoegaarden in front of the fire.
      http://mobro.co/zuroph
      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

What happens if the seats by the fire in Mickey's are already taken? Kinda like the sofa in central perk in Friends!
        Profit before people.

Comment

I enjoyed watching this (as you would)! I have 1 gran-child whos name is Luke and his age is 6, and he got an email back from the north pole this morning.

Some of you might find it boring, but you shoulda seen his face while he watched it. Priceless.

Check it out here:

connie

Comment

What causes arthritis????

A drunk man, who smelled of liquor, sat down on a subway next to a priest.
            The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick, and
            a half-empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his coat pocket. He
            opened his newspaper and began reading.

After a few minutes the man turned to the priest and asked,
            'Say Father, do you know what causes arthritis?'

The priest replies,
            'My Son, it's caused by loose living, being with
            cheap wicked women, too much alcohol, contempt for your fellow man,
            sleeping around with prostitutes and lack of a bath.'

The drunk muttered in response,
            'Well, I'll be damned,'
            Then returned to his paper!

The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man and
            apologized.
            'I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so strong. How long
            have you had arthritis?'

The drunk answered,
            'I don't have it, Father. I was just reading here
            that the Pope does.'

MORAL: Make sure you understand the question before offering the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              What happens if the seats by the fire in Mickey's are already taken? Kinda like the sofa in central perk in Friends!
              knife fight usually.
              http://mobro.co/zuroph
              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                I enjoyed watching this (as you would)! I have 1 gran-child whos name is Luke and his age is 6, and he got an email back from the north pole this morning.

Some of you might find it boring, but you shoulda seen his face while he watched it. Priceless.

Check it out here:

connie
                cheers for that

used it last year and my kids reaction was tops
                i'll get them to post to santa later

Comment

Check it out here:

connie
                  Beats the hell out of the card I got back after writing my letter when I was around 5 or 6! WP imo

Edit How much is it btw Connie?
                  Last edited by sligoboi; 30-11-10, 18:43.
                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Parents are so good at destroying PCs in the most bizarre fashion. My Ma had 4 copies of her printer in the devices list, none of them would print. Deleted all, reinstalled driver and it won't come up on the list now. WTF

Comment

Check it out here:

connie
                      I done that last year for my daughter and she was over the moon for weeks . Talk about the pampering i got

Comment

knife fight usually.
                        Seems about right for Limerick.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                          Can we change Grange Uniteds tagline to "kiss the pussy slow, make the lady cum"?
                          No. This change will have to do.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Just deposited €1000 euros into Powers from my US dollar Moneybookers account.

Cost me $1335 which comes to €1026, fucking rip off cuntbags.
                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

It's a moneybookers charge.
                              Rip off cunts, yes.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ha? She's not about tomorrow night, and I know some of the lads from the forum anyway, someone else suggested a xmas beers, so we said to anyone to come along. this was all planned before todays amygate!

anyway, Keane and others on here in Lim, if you're about come along.
                                I'll try to make it alright.

I have to drive down to Tralee tomorrow evening and pick up my car (new clutch - FML), but if I make it back in one piece I'll call away in.

Comment

Denny Crane

Comment

Such a heartwarming story. Nice that there are some people like this in the world.

The best college tradition is not dotting the i at Ohio State. It's not stealing the goat from Navy. Or waving the wheat at Kansas.

It's Picking Up Butch at Middlebury (Vt.) College.

For 42 years Middlebury freshman athletes have been Picking Up Butch for football and basketball games. It's a sign-up sheet thing. Carry the ball bags. Gather all the towels. Pick Up Butch.

Basketball players, men and women, do it during football season. Football players do it during basketball season. Two hours before each home game, two freshmen grab whatever car they can get and drive a mile off campus to the tiny house where 54-year-old Butch Varno lives with his 73-year-old mother, Helen, who never got her driver's license. And they literally Pick Up Butch, 5'3" and 170 pounds, right off his bed.

They put him in his wheelchair and push him out of the house, or one guy hauls him in a fireman's carry. They pile him into the car, cram the wheelchair into the trunk, take him to the game and roll him to his spot in the mezzanine for football games or at the end of the bench for basketball.

Butch always smiles and says the same thing from the bottom of his heart: "CP just sucks." Cerebral palsy. While his fondest dream has always been to play basketball, it'll never happen. There is little that he can physically do for himself.

"At first, you're a little nervous; you're like, I don't know," says freshman wide receiver Ryan Armstrong. "But the older guys say, 'We did it when we were freshmen. Now you go get him. It's tradition.' So me and my buddy got him the first week. He's pretty heavy. We bumped his head a couple of times getting him into the car. He's like, 'Hey! Be careful!' But he loves getting out so much that afterward you feel good. It's fun to put a smile like that on somebody's face."

And the kids don't just Pick Up Butch. They also Keep Butch Company. Take Butch to the Bathroom. Feed Butch. "He always likes a hot dog and a Coke," says 6'8" Clark Read, 19, a power forward. "It's kind of weird at first, sticking a hot dog in his mouth. The trick is to throw out the last bite so he doesn't get your fingers."

Thanks to 42 years of freshmen, Butch hardly ever misses a Middlebury game. Not that he hasn't been late.

"One day this year, the two guys were calling me on their cell," says Armstrong, "and they're going, 'We can't find Butch!' And I'm like, 'You lost Butch? How can you lose Butch?' Turns out they just couldn't find his house."

Nobody at Middlebury remembers quite how Picking Up Butch got started, but Butch does. It was 1961. He was 13, and his grandmother, a housekeeper at the dorms, wheeled him to a football game. It started snowing halfway through, and afterward she couldn't push him all the way back home. A student named Roger Ralph asked them if they needed a ride. Ever since then, Butch has been buried in the middle of Middlebury sports.

Sometimes he gives the basketball team a pregame speech, which is usually, "I love you guys." He holds the game ball during warmups and at halftime until the refs need it. He is held upright for the national anthem. Once in a while, just before tip-off, they put him in the middle of the players' huddle, where they all touch his head and holler, "One, two, three, together!" When the action gets tense, the freshmen hold his hands to keep them from flailing. After the games some of the players come back to the court and help him shuffle a few steps for exercise, until he collapses back in his chair, exhausted. Then it's home again, Butch chirping all the way.

And it's not just the athletes at Middlebury who attend to him. Butch is a campus project. Students come by the house and help him nearly every day. Over the years they taught him to read, and then last year they helped him get his GED. Somebody got him a graduation cap and gown to wear at the party they threw in his honor. During his thank-you speech, Butch wept.

"These kids care what happens to me," Butch says. "They don't have to, but they do. I don't know where I'd be without them. Probably in an institution."

But that's not the question. The question is, Where would they be without Butch?

"It makes you think," says Armstrong. "We're all young athletes. Going to a game or playing in a game, we take it for granted. But then you go Pick Up Butch, and I don't know, it makes you feel blessed."

Now comes the worst time of the year -- the months between the end of the basketball season, last week, and the start of football in August. "It stinks," Butch says. He sits at home lonely day after day, watching nothing but Boston Red Sox games on TV, waiting for the calendar pages to turn to the days when he can be one, two, three, together again with the students he loves.

On that day the door will swing open, and standing there, young and strong, will be two freshmen. And, really, just seeing them is what Picking Up Butch is all about.
                                    A great vid about it here. Well worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                      Beats the hell out of the card I got back after writing my letter when I was around 5 or 6! WP imo

Edit How much is it btw Connie?

Believe it or not, theres no charge. Just log onto the site and give all the details as in name, age, friends, main present required, upload photos etc etc etc.

Have fun
                                      Last edited by connie147; 30-11-10, 19:17.

Comment

Pretty cool site Connie, cheers. Not so sure about Ireland on the west coast of Africa though

Comment

Check it out here:

connie
                                          Did this for this for the kids last week and they were amazed by it, it is very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Denny Crane

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0[/ame]
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                              Pretty cool site Connie, cheers. Not so sure about Ireland on the west coast of Africa though
                                              LoL ya, but its not meant for you kev, or is it

Comment

Definitely need a bet to watch this Carling Cup game. Chico first goal scorer 9/2, come on the little pea!!!
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                  Such a heartwarming story. Nice that there are some people like this in the world.

A great vid about it here. Well worth a watch.
                                                  Thats just awesome, cheers for posting that
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Definitely need a bet to watch this Carling Cup game. Chico first goal scorer 9/2, come on the little pea!!!
                                                    On the same bet also did scorecast 3-1 United, just hope that clown Obertan doesn't waste all the chances again.

Comment

I've laid United.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                        I've laid United.
                                                        West Ham 4/1 was too nice to resist.

Comment

Good linky for United-W ham

Comment

West ham team is very poor though, without Parker and piquionne who have scored the majority of their goals. Although the united defence is very poor too tonight. Really don't rate Evans, haven't seen enough of Smalling but the bits I have seen have been unimpressive.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

giggs good bet

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                West Ham 4/1 was too nice to resist.

West Ham are really really poor, throwing the monies away.

Comment

what does be going through these retards heads

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 80/160 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t9232)
                                                                  SB (t4226)
                                                                  BB (t4772)
                                                                  UTG (t3960)
                                                                  UTG+1 (t11906)
                                                                  Hero (MP1) (t11118)
                                                                  MP2 (t4919)
                                                                  MP3 (t4322)
                                                                  CO (t10871)

Hero's M: 46.33

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9, 9
                                                                  2 folds, Hero bets t480, 5 folds, BB raises to t4772 (All-In), Hero calls t4292

Flop: (t9624) 10, 3, A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t9624) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t9624) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t9624

Results:
                                                                  BB had 7, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                  Hero had 9, 9 (one pair, nines).
                                                                  Outcome: t9624 returned to BB

Comment

So the brother in law to be, works at the dogs shelbourne (permanent). They close for the bad weather but dont get paid? wtf is that normal, legal even?. Happened last year for 3 weeks over christmas with no pay!. cunts

Comment

wow late, good call though
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                        So the brother in law to be, works at the dogs shelbourne (permanent). They close for the bad weather but dont get paid? wtf is that normal, legal even?. Happened last year for 3 weeks over christmas with no pay!. cunts
                                                                        Can sign on while the place is closed.
                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

cant argue with that one

Comment

LOL United.
                                                                            Last edited by The C Kid; 30-11-10, 20:11. Reason: LOL me, thought it was 2-0.

Comment

BBV Req

Looking to rent an apartment in Liverpool City Center from Friday to Sunday in about 2 weeks. Anyone any ideas? Looking for something semi decent, basically not a kip.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                BBV Req

Looking to rent an apartment in Liverpool City Center from Friday to Sunday in about 2 weeks. Anyone any ideas? Looking for something semi decent, basically not a kip.
                                                                                I've stayed in Spectrum apartments, and Liverpool One apartments. Both very central (esp Liverpool One) and both nice. Spectrum one was bigger, but both were nice and new. Booking.com to check prices, but if it is only you it will be pricey.

Comment

West ham get another then 4 to 1 is a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                    BBV Req

I got an apt from here before, really nice, close to shops, pubs etc short walk to city centre

We strive to provide the best corporate-orientated serviced accommodation in Liverpool. Our apartments are designed by us, with our clients in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                      Can sign on while the place is closed.
                                                                                      Still technically employed, cannot sign on. Wheres kayroo when you need him.

Comment

LOL United.
                                                                                        you can unedit your edit. Grant can really get teams fired up for cup comps. Shame about his league record.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

lump on United now.

Comment

Uniteds second string are dirt. Aging side in decline.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                              Still technically employed, cannot sign on. Wheres kayroo when you need him.
                                                                                              Is it not the same as being on short time?
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                Uniteds second string are dirt. Aging side in decline.
                                                                                                Nice try. Not going to work.

Comment

I'm awaiting the standard second half comeback now.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                    Nice try. Not going to work.
                                                                                                    That was my solksjaer impression, thought it was very good myself.

Comment

Grant has developed some knack for getting his teams to cup finals and while getting relegated.

Comment

Nice to see a Chelsea youth product score.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          I'm awaiting the standard second half comeback now.
                                                                                                          will be tough going now

Comment

Lucas takes some stick but Norma Anderson is feckin brutal.

Comment

Two longest unbeaten records in Europe come crashing down in style in successive nights.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

LOL Evans, Fabio, O'Shea playing in high heals. Anything can happen now.

time to offload Evans , useless.

4 to 1 odds , might just scrape it noe

Comment

West Ham >>>>>> Barcelona

Comment

That is the end of Evans.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                      will be tough going now
                                                                                                                      Now it's safe.

4-0. WP West Ham.

Comment

West Ham >>>>>> Barcelona
                                                                                                                        +1 an absolute masterclass of football, turning off this bollix before i fuck the laptop out the window.

Comment

4 zip... Fergie is gonna have Johnny Evans for supper!
                                                                                                                          http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                                                          http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X