This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Annoys me with the constant moving in the tabs of little numbers loading and shit.
    i liked that, made it look all space age and stuff. used to use it but opera feels really clunky and annoying now.

Comment

Music festivals me bollix I say.

Edit: Jens Lehman is a total nutjob.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
        If you dont like any of them your taste in music sucks tbh
        LOL

Its quite possible to dislke most if not all of those bands and still have "taste in music"

Comment

Out of all those I'd like to see Paolo Nutini.
          I saw Florence and the Machine at EP
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Turning out to be a great night for my FF team. 2 goals for capt Rooney, 2 assists for Valencia and a clean sheet so far for Paddy Evra

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                just on basic sky at the moment, added sports a month ago. told them I'd leave or conisder HD and Multiroom, they offered me the HD box plus install for free, I then rang the programme guys and asked to cut sky sports, they knocked my bill 20% off for 6 months. I rang back the cancellations dept and asked to go with the HD without multiroom. They still get a charge of €30 for installation, so she wired the €30 to my laser card.
                so my bill stays around 60e a month, but I now have all the HD channels too, and finally get sky+.
                I thought if you got Sky +HD with no premium packages it was only €47 or do you now have Sports + HD and all the rest?? I'm planning on ringing them tomorrow myself. Also, can they not just send out the Sky HD box and let you install it yourself??
                Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Turning out to be a great night for my FF team. 2 goals for capt Rooney, 2 assists for Valencia and a clean sheet so far for Paddy Evra
                Me too, I just need Fletch to come on now and set up Rooney for another 3 goals!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                  LOL

Its quite possible to dislke most if not all of those bands and still have "taste in music"
                  lol, its not.
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

the thing is everyone has Rooney captained and most have Evra in their team
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

lol, its not.

Well i guess bland isnt my thing!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                        I thought if you got Sky +HD with no premium packages it was only €47 or do you now have Sports + HD and all the rest?? I'm planning on ringing them tomorrow myself. Also, can they not just send out the Sky HD box and let you install it yourself??
                        Sports +HD . I dont know what the deal is with install, think the lines may need upgrading, i know if u havent sky+u need a quad splitter, and a second line into house.
                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          the thing is everyone has Rooney captained and most have Evra in their team
                          Its close at a lot of the top of my mini leagues though, and not many have all 3. Every bit helps at this stage of the season, esp in the money ones

Comment

Well i guess bland isnt my thing!?
                            There is a reasonably wide range of music there and anyone who doesnt like Kasabian is stupid anyway so

You now need to post 7 bands you like to show me what non bland music is.
                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Yeah he is decent.

Dannydiamond since you are in a backing down mood today do you want to admit Drogba > Torres

WE really need a pacman smiley.

I'll concede this season to you though!

I'm a big eminem fan and went to see him in Punchestown in 2002/2003?
                              As it happens he was sh1t spending a total of about 40 minutes on stage.
                              There was a big line up of support acts though which made the trip worthwhile.

Anyway my point is really that the ratio of scumbags in attendance would put me off going to a similar gig again.
                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Jay-Z
                                Kasabian
                                Muse
                                Eminem
                                Empire Of The Sun
                                Florence And The Machine
                                Paolo Nutini
                                Stereophonics
                                No love in the BBV for Muse?? I'd never really heard much of them until I heard Uprising and I loved it, downloaded their album and IMO it's brilliant. No idea what kind of fans they have though. TBH I'm not hugely into music, I just like what I like, if I hear something I like I download it and listen regardless of who sang it or whatever and I wouldn't really follow many bands. But apart from Eminem and Jay-Z (and probably Stereophonics) I wouldn't have thought those bands would have attracted the usual scum-bag element??

Comment

Snap!

Comment

Normally the only reason to go to the Pikeyfest aka Oxygen is because of the bands, but this year they don't even have any decent acts.

Jay-Z would be good to catch, but I'd rather do somewhere without hordes of drunken pikeys.

This is how a festival music line-up should look.

A 3 day music festival on Memorial Day Weekend at the scenic Gorge in central Washington state. 'Sasquatch is a model of well-paced programming...in a four-day schedule as efficient and natural feeling as an expertly built algorithm.'—NPR Music

It's the sickest I've seen ever.

Comment

I really dont see how Jay-Z would attract scumbags, dont scumbags spend all day in the dance arena necking pills not going to see rappers?

Comment

Wish people would stop abbreviating things to 'FF'. I've lost count of the number of posts I've had to reread, as I thought people we're referring to the Soldiers of Destiny, when in fact people are referring variously to Fantasy Football, FireFox, Final Fantasy,Franz Ferdinand, Faerie Fire(ok only the first two really)
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

There is a reasonably wide range of music there and anyone who doesnt like Kasabian is stupid anyway so

Not a huge fan of Kasabian myself, but music snobs always make me LOL, just because someone has a different taste to you doesn't mean they have no taste.

Different taste = Different Taste =/= Crap taste.

Comment

I really dont see how Jay-Z would attract scumbags, dont scumbags spend all day in the dance arena necking pills not going to see rappers?
                                            Rappers by day. Pills and loud noise(Dane Music) by night.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

A 3 day music festival on Memorial Day Weekend at the scenic Gorge in central Washington state. 'Sasquatch is a model of well-paced programming...in a four-day schedule as efficient and natural feeling as an expertly built algorithm.'—NPR Music

Out of all those bands/acts on all 3 days, I have heard of 4 of them.

Comment

same!

Comment

OUTSTANDING!

That really is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Out of all those bands/acts on all 3 days, I have heard of 4 of them.
                                                    Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                    same!
                                                    I have varied taste, this is my second favourite festival lineup this year.

Comment

http://www.bayfestival.im/pages/line-up
                                                      lol, gtfo

Comment

lol.

I have zero music interest anyhow really, and would count attending a music festival as one of thw worst things that I could be forced to do.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                          Wish people would stop abbreviating things to 'FF'. I've lost count of the number of posts I've had to reread, as I thought people we're referring to the Soldiers of Destiny, when in fact people are referring variously to Fantasy Football, FireFox, Final Fantasy,Franz Ferdinand, Faerie Fire(ok only the first two really)
                                                          ...and Fianna Fail

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                            Lads, Eddie Durkin pm'd me with an apology.

For the record i've accepted his apology.

Life's too short and all that jazz,he's only a kid and I genuinely hope he's learnt something from his odd internet rampages, only time will tell I guess.

In the interests of our new home I don't want to be lumbering any unnecessary work on the lads who've obv gone to a great deal of effort setting this place up.
                                                            My next birthday is lingering, perhaps i'm going soft in my old age.
                                                            Spoken like a gent. Fair play........and Happy Birthday.

Comment

7?

Was going to do B but a bit busy so
                                                              back to A

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr3WKl-1jNM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr3WKl-1jNM[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_uzRjnaBE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_uzRjnaBE[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03lN5VA05X4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03lN5VA05X4[/ame]

Full version NSFW
                                                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJeiRVnlu8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJeiRVnlu8[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGm9pY_LPwo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGm9pY_LPwo[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgimU1inoKY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgimU1inoKY[/ame]

+1

a bit of bee
                                                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztKNzjgshfY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztKNzjgshfY[/ame]

7!

Comment

lol.

I have zero music interest anyhow really, and would count attending a music festival as one of thw worst things that I could be forced to do.
                                                                I used to be the same until I had to go to Electric Picnic to help the missus with a stall she was running and I absolutely loved it. I probably had only heard of 1 or 2 bands playing and TBH couldn't care if I never saw a band play, but there's just so much more to do at it. Brilliant weekend, I know you're too cranky to camp, but you should consider it. Even get one of those VIP camper thingys...

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                  ...and Fianna Fail
                                                                  aka Soldiers of Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                    I used to be the same until I had to go to Electric Picnic to help the missus with a stall she was running and I absolutely loved it. I probably had only heard of 1 or 2 bands playing and TBH couldn't care if I never saw a band play, but there's just so much more to do at it. Brilliant weekend, I know you're too cranky to camp, but you should consider it. Even get one of those VIP camper thingys...
                                                                    Cranky? Why I oughtha.....

Comment

Snap!
                                                                      +1, think I'm over 100 for the week.
                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Divorced women and their 18 yr old daughters bonding over litre bottles of Wicked blue
                                                                        *Whats not to like?
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 23-02-10, 22:07.

Comment

lol.

Wouldn't be into it myself. Though It's hardly the worst thing you could be forced to do http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=melching http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...oom%20stuffing

Comment

aka Soldiers of Destiny.
                                                                            Ah now I knew that one.

Comment

Wouldn't be into it myself. Though It's hardly the worst thing you could be forced to do http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=melching http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...oom%20stuffing
                                                                              Thanks for that. At least I can say I learned something new today.

Comment

OMFG!

Comment

Sorry, for some reason the word just sprang to mind. Didn't know what it meant till I googled it.

Comment

As far as festivals go

Al tommorows Parties in England are supposed to be good

Festival around June 1st every year in Barcelona is great, even when the music goes a bit shoegazing just head into town

Dutch festivals are weird, mostly weird good but still weird!

Comment

For the slightly older among us, I have very fond memories of Feile in Thurles.
                                                                                      I went to the 'trip to tipp' four years running and for me this will always be what a music festival is about.

Very little trouble and just great fun to be there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX91II7rDmI[/ame]

Unsurprisingly, very few vids on youtube and this one ifs fairly sh1t
                                                                                      but the comments are a real blast from the past.

Comment

As far as festivals go

Al tommorows Parties in England are supposed to be good

Festival around June 1st every year in Barcelona is great, even when the music goes a bit shoegazing just head into town

Dutch festivals are weird, mostly weird good but still weird!
                                                                                        Sonar in Barcelona is the nuts

Would love to hit Bloc in the UK

Comment

I went to the 'trip to tipp' four years running and for me this will always be what a music festival is about.

I remember seeing Iggy Pop on late having not set up the tent yet,other lad going nuts, falling up to the field at about 2:30 setting up the tent, iggy was worth it though

Comment

all of the best tv scenes are in hardware stores imo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-uY7P3pe4[/ame]
                                                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8bKDDR5nxg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                              all of the best tv scenes are in hardware stores imo
                                                                                              had to be done
                                                                                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNVFrRy-cE"]4 candles[/ame]

Comment

Daily fail really excelling themselves.

Peter Thompson is a Berkshire-based researcher and science writer. He edits The Lay Scientist, a website giving an overview of science, pseudoscience...

Comment

i'd prefer not to have learned this.

Comment

epic ski cross
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Rappers by day. Pills and loud noise(Dane Music) by night.
                                                                                                      Jay-Z is headlining though so hopefully they'll be too madouvit by then to wander over.

7?

Was going to do B but a bit busy so
                                                                                                      back to A
                                                                                                      +1
                                                                                                      a bit of bee
                                                                                                      7!
                                                                                                      Thought id given 7 but it was 8.

Out of those ive only heard of Al Green and Aphex Twin, love Al Green and dont like Aphex Twin.

I shall give the vids a listen though and see if i like any of them.

Comment

http://www.the-las.com - There She Goes at the Féile Festival (Trip to Tipp) - 04 August, 1991. Semple Stadium. Thurles, County Tipperary. Ireland. Band line...

Remember seeing Cypress Hill at one Feile and they started on a rant about cops being pigs. It was pigs this and mfing pigs that and various pig references. Just as the beats started to the next song he asks ''so y'all like the pork? do y'all like the bacon?'' and of course it being a mostly Irish audience he gets a resounding ''Yesss!''
                                                                                                        Not what he'd hoped for i'll wager.
                                                                                                        You probably had to be there.

Comment

What the fk sort of needle dick would you need to do that! You are a sick human being for inflicting that upon us Collie!

Comment

Only went to one festival ever, Leeds in 2002. Lineup was amazing and pretty much every band I like was playing at it. I'm seriously not cut out for roughing though.

Guns n Roses
                                                                                                            The Prodigy
                                                                                                            The Offspring
                                                                                                            The Strokes
                                                                                                            Pulp
                                                                                                            Janes Addiction
                                                                                                            Weezer
                                                                                                            The White Stripes
                                                                                                            The Dandy Warhols
                                                                                                            Mercury Rev
                                                                                                            The Foo Fighters
                                                                                                            Muse
                                                                                                            Ash
                                                                                                            Sum 41
                                                                                                            The Hives
                                                                                                            Jimmy Eat World
                                                                                                            Slipknot
                                                                                                            Incubus
                                                                                                            NO FX
                                                                                                            Spiritualized
                                                                                                            Feeder
                                                                                                            The Breeders

Comment

That is some line-up. The actual venue itself looks out of this world for a festival.

Opr

Comment

Have to clear a bonus on Titan this week, have not been playing much, so its all there
                                                                                                                HATE PLAYING CASH, get so bored so quickly

it is true people who only play tourni's are not proper poker players

Thought id given 7 but it was 8.
                                                                                                                Something a bit diff for the 8th one
                                                                                                                Greatest music video's ever
                                                                                                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGtFFuLjs6U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGtFFuLjs6U[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbhfI8f_Ek"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbhfI8f_Ek[/ame]

Comment

I was having a look at the Sasquatch line up and came across this guy, never heard of him before, but having listened to the few tracks on his page i am getting that feeling in my tummy, i think i will have to investigate further...I am sure there are 2/3 here that may like what they hear !!

The Tallest Man on Earth's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                                                    Remember seeing Cypress Hill at one Feile and they started on a rant about cops being pigs. It was pigs this and mfing pigs that and various pig references. Just as the beats started to the next song he asks ''so y'all like the pork? do y'all like the bacon?'' and of course it being a mostly Irish audience he gets a resounding ''Yesss!''
                                                                                                                    Not what he'd hoped for i'll wager.
                                                                                                                    You probably had to be there.
                                                                                                                    They played at Punchestown for the Eminem gig too and it was pretty much the same, shouts of 'fk the police' with most of the crowd joining in def had the guards around us looking decidedly nervous tbh.
                                                                                                                    They were really good though.

Comment

If you like your metal, the big 4 are playing sonisphere together in Poland..

actually, just spotted there's also a sonisphere going to be in barcelona. I did work for sonisphere in UK last year and it was brilliantly run, with no clashes. I have a provisional place as info team supervisor, I wonder could I blag some tickets to the Barcelona one as well as the UK one...
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

89 points for me this week in FF - pretty happy with that

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                          That is some line-up. The actual venue itself looks out of this world for a festival.
                                                                                                                          SPOILER

Opr
                                                                                                                          That looks like the worst walk ever back from the front of the pit to your tent, steep!
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X