Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the new guy starting at work on Monday is named Philip Fry. I'm gonna call him I.C. Wiener for now.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
      6% is waaaay too high, unless they don't expect repayments to start until 2030...
      I must find the link to Munchau's calculations for you, posted it a while back here

aha, 'ere it be: follow el linko below

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      ask any market participant if Ireland is bankrupt and see what they tell you

at least you agree that we'll be 'borrowing from the EFSF soon'. This entails total loss of sovereignty (in the economic realm). The only reason an EU state would do this is the fact that they can't borrow from the markets i.e. insolvency. No amount of arsing around with technical definitions will mask this.

by the way, the EFSF rate won't be 5%. It'll be well above that (pesky Greeks got first mover advantage there). Here's a good explanation why.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Whats the problem on defaulting on Bank Bonds ?
        Didn't anyone who sold bonds take out a CDS on them
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The more I read, the less I understand wtf is going on and why.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I wonder when Jim Kerr is introducing himself at parties is it in the back of his head that he's only one vowel from lunacy.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              there is no problem in my view but Lenihan, the traitor, has been insisting for two years now that it can't be done and has in fact repaid multiple billions in full to bond investors for maturing Anglo bonds. Now the adults have taken over and, lo and behold, a deal will be done.

Hence my comments yesterday about Rehn cutting off Lenihan's nuts with a rusty blade.

the CDS issue is kinda irrelevant really, if you used them to hedge, then all well and good. If you didn't, tough shit really.

Comment

Will it not ultimately be like the Marshall Aid plan? Somewhere down the line they'll cancel the remainder of the repayments?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Will it not ultimately be like the Marshall Aid plan? Somewhere down the line they'll cancel the remainder of the repayments?
                  no, probably more like Brady Bonds for PIIGS imo

with Germany as the ultimate guarantor\underwriter

Comment

we are borrowing more money and a thigher rate of interest than our income can afford - this seems quite like the way we got into this whole crisis so great to know that nobody learnt from the subprime mortgages or our own property bubble about lending to people at a rate they cant service.
                    in lighter news local lunatic Jim Corr will be entertaining the masses in Wood Quay on Saturday

Comment

interestingly enough, Poland and Bulgaria partipated in issuing Brady Bonds back in the '80s - when they were still Communist satellites.

Never knew that, so much for the evil capitalist running pig-dogs

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRTngtsOY8Q&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                        imo

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          You are not alone
                          I am here with you

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            I am here with you
                            everything is all right then

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

guy in works tooth has been knocked loose and will need to be replaced , apparantly his missus threw him his phone when he wasn't looking and it hit him stright in the choppers. At breakfast a wee while after he told this story I asked him does he have blue tooth. Of course , most phones have these days, was his reply, then the conversation turned to Shampoo in the grand canal theatre. Please mothership take me home away from these people.

btw got my RUSH tickets. Am I the only one a wee bit excited on here to see them in Ireland at last.

Comment

the bondholder haircut is starting to become a fait accompli

the problem is how do you do it in a way that least affects the markets? It could easily backfire in terms of jacking up interest costs.

decent article on FTA this morning about this.

Comment

what is the downside to telling the eu/imf to fuckoff and defaulting on our loans?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                    what is the downside to telling the eu/imf to fuckoff and defaulting on our loans?
                                    I don't know

I can only see upside to becoming a potato farmer myself

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                      btw got my RUSH tickets. Am I the only one a wee bit excited on here to see them in Ireland at last.
                                      Shit I didn't think they were on sale yet - that's going to be fucking epic!

Comment

Denny Crane running again tonight in Dundalk, 9pm.

Comment

Comment

by the way, if you've been wondering why the ECB are pushing so aggressively for the bailouts...a picture says a thousand words.

That's 93% of ECB liquidity in the entire Eurozone going to these little PIIGS

Comment

Being dragged along to Harry Potter, fml.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                Being dragged along to Harry Potter, fml.
                                                Thats hardly a chore, they are great entertainment for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                  QQ for Excel guys,

I have 2 spreahsheet with over 300 rows of info, and about 8 columns, i'm trying to check if the info is exactly the same on each s/s, anyone know a simple formula, I don't mind using one that involves moving the info all to one s/s. so something along lines of:
                                                  If(A1=H1 && B1 =I1 && etc.... ) then Q1= "pass" else "fail".
                                                  =if(a1:z1=a2:z2,Pass,Fail)
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Harry potter was awful

Comment

Question for Raoul or V for Vendetta:

Is there any point in people still paying in to AVC's?

I remember V posting that people should be front loading their AVC's (if they were on the lower tax rate) before 2014 to benefit the most from changes in the tax allowances.

I'm just wondering, in light of the recent unpleasantness, if all bets are off in regards to this.

There are a few asking here at work, would appreciate a bit of advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                        Though we're far apart
                                                        FYP

You're always in my heart

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Eh it depends. A lot of "cash" in pension funds could contain short term bonds which or may not fall under the definition of the govts deposit guarantee. If they don't then technically they may be a senior bond holder and not a deposit holder.

Very interesting weekend ahead.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post

I remember V posting that people should be front loading their AVC's (if they were on the lower tax rate) before 2014 to benefit the most from changes in the tax allowances.

I'm just wondering, in light of the recent unpleasantness, if all bets are off in regards to this.

I'm going to continue paying into mine at the maximum allowable rate but it's really down to your own personal circumstances. No point saving for the future if you can't eat now.

V is the pensions expert however!

Comment

Tax reliefs arent changing for the 2010 tax year so you can wait until October 2011 to make your avc. Id hold off until then in case ye need the cash to pay for a flight outta here!

If you are likely to be a top rate taxpayer in retirement you'd have to question why you'd make avcs from 2012 onwards presuming the pension changes get put into law
                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

One of the new speed camera vans torched in Bandit Country

Comment

The rumour going around town is that it was Jim Corr.

Comment

I'm going to continue paying into mine at the maximum allowable rate but it's really down to your own personal circumstances. No point saving for the future if you can't eat now.

V is the pensions expert however!
                                                                    Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                    Tax reliefs arent changing for the 2010 tax year so you can wait until October 2011 to make your avc. Id hold off until then in case ye need the cash to pay for a flight outta here!

If you are likely to be a top rate taxpayer in retirement you'd have to question why you'd make avcs from 2012 onwards presuming the pension changes get put into law
                                                                    Thanks lads

Comment

So who is going marching tomorrow?
                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

I think we need to think carefully about pissing off the Germans. They design crosshairs into their cars FFS:

Comment

A navy blue Golf tdi displaying L plates was seen driving away from the scene very carefully.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

15 story building built in 2 days...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0DSihggio&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                So who is going marching tomorrow?
                                                                                not me, the fucking unions are a large part of the problem

I prefer to protest in more seditious and devious ways

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                  QQ for Excel guys,

I have 2 spreahsheet with over 300 rows of info, and about 8 columns, i'm trying to check if the info is exactly the same on each s/s, anyone know a simple formula, I don't mind using one that involves moving the info all to one s/s. so something along lines of:
                                                                                  Conditional formatting.

Highlight in red if false. Job done.
                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Is tomorrows march not organised by Jim Corr? Who will probably try get people onside and push his own agenda about outing the NWO and Lizard people.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                      Is tomorrows march not organised by Jim Corr? Who will probably try get people onside and push his own agenda about outing the NWO and Lizard people.
                                                                                      Jim's ideas sound more sensible than ICTU's message of pretending that we can afford to pay public servants more than anywhere else in the world even though we are stoney broke

Jim Corr>>>>ICTU

Comment

A navy blue Golf tdi displaying L plates was seen driving away from the scene very carefully.

Your guess is as good as mine.
                                                                                        My Golf is Black so I am in the clear!

Comment

Jim's ideas sound more sensible than ICTU's message of pretending that we can afford to pay public servants more than anywhere else in the world even though we are stoney broke

Jim Corr>>>>ICTU
                                                                                          He will still push his own wacky agenda, 80% of people will turn up to see if there is a riot, 5% to riot and 15% will be genuinely protesting.

Comment

It was probably a couple of off-duty Gardai. I bet they're really not happy with private companies doing Garda work.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              Did you get standing tickets Willie? I just looked and only find seated ones available - bah!

Gonna get tickets for Journey / Foreigner / special guest next June as well, should be a laugh.

Anyone ever go to Download (formerly Monster of Rock) in Donnington? I bet it is an epic experience.

Comment

Our govt has already seized the pension assets of the university sector and is now counting those assets against govt debt and now Hungary start giving them even bigger ideas.

Comment

QQ for Excel guys,

This perhaps?
                                                                                                  Excel compare

Comment

I'm fully expecting this dude to arrive

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY_oKve-bH0[/ame]
                                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Obviously I've never watched I'm a celec get nme out of here but I see thast that dangerous and ugly fraud Gilian McKEith has been on it.
                                                                                                      The Guardian have a very funny piece on it today.

... At the start of the week, the TV nutritionist merely appeared to have a succession of phobias that brought on a kind of fainting fit hitherto unknown to medical science, in which the syncopal individual is still somehow capable of adjusting their clothing. At the time of writing, she is now claiming to be both pregnant and suffering from rabies: the former assertion made in scenes deemed "too disturbing to broadcast".

...her suggestion that she couldn't quit I'm A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here because if she did, "I'll never work in television again." It knows there are those who simply guffawed in response or screamed: "But you've behaved in a way considered too disturbing for transmission by people who think Shaun Ryder eating a crocodile's penis counts as prime-time family entertainment! Frankly, the only way you'll work in television again is if someone successfully pitches a programme called Crackalackadingdong Nutjob Makes Things Up."

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        Our govt has already seized the pension assets of the university sector and is now counting those assets against govt debt and now Hungary start giving them even bigger ideas.
                                                                                                        I'll see your crazy idea and raise you a raid on deposits

seeing as it's Crackpot Day

Comment

Well I wouldn't be caught dead sympathising with unions anyway. Every single thing they say tends toward the ridiculous. I guess they have to keep their own jobs, but people really should just ignore them for the pandering to the masses types they are.

Well at least I hope so, cos if they really believe what they preach....
                                                                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            That is not a fun trip without sleep. Where be you in Scotland tomorrow?

Be warned, its fucking freezing here, and there's snow warnings for tonight and tomorrow
                                                                                                            In Paisley and going back and forward between Stewarton. Yeah roads were pretty icey and saw hailstones but no snow thank fk!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                              Well I wouldn't be caught dead sympathising with unions anyway. Every single thing they say tends toward the ridiculous. I guess they have to keep their own jobs, but people really should just ignore them for the pandering to the masses types they are.

Well at least I hope so, cos if they really believe what they preach....
                                                                                                              I thought this was pretty funny/apt. Two UCD Student Union "hack"s
                                                                                                              Attached Files

Comment

Brian Cowen announced that he is changing the Irish national emblem from a Celtic Harp to a condom. This he feels reflects more accurately the goverments political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks and gives a sense of security while you're actually being screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                  Did you get standing tickets Willie? I just looked and only find seated ones available - bah!

Gonna get tickets for Journey / Foreigner / special guest next June as well, should be a laugh.

Anyone ever go to Download (formerly Monster of Rock) in Donnington? I bet it is an epic experience.
                                                                                                                  Paul the gig is promised to be 3.5 hours believe it or not. get a seat , then go and stand for the last 90 minutes or so. You don't have to stay in yer seat.

Comment

what's the standard like at your average GAA fundraiser? Never played one before and there's one near me tonight.
                                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                      what's the standard like at your average GAA fundraiser? Never played one before and there's one near me tonight.
                                                                                                                      Derp de derp would describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                        Any poker fundraiser I've ever been to has had a ridic bad structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          Any poker fundraiser I've ever been to has had a ridic bad structure.
                                                                                                                          Being a fundraiser id also assume the prize pool will be decimated.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X