Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you cricket nerds watch the ashes?Managed to have a bit of craic in work today listening to it on the radio with an Australian guy and an English guy, hat-trick was pretty e[ic.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
      Any of you cricket nerds watch the ashes?Managed to have a bit of craic in work today listening to it on the radio with an Australian guy and an English guy, hat-trick was pretty e[ic.
      I watched the first session in the Fitz and actually thought Ingerland looked pretty comfortable, apart from Strauss's stupidity.

That was before all the fireworks though! Siddle getting 6 for feck all
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I don't really have a clue about it and was asking the 2 lads annoying questions throughout, Siddle's all over the news now, bigger than the mine explosion in NZ. Looking forward to The MCG on Stephens' Day now, should be a massive session.

Comment

My favorite aftershave was discontinued -I know, it probably smells crap. But I have searched the web an cant find it. Anyone any ideas?

Its The Body Shop: Javari

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
            @ Bantee, yea will go over alright. I see you get the early bird chip before 7.45, fancy a couple of pints first. You going Zuroph, any other Limerick lads?
            Pints u say hmmm.

Comment

I don't really have a clue about it and was asking the 2 lads annoying questions throughout, Siddle's all over the news now, bigger than the mine explosion in NZ. Looking forward to The MCG on Stephens' Day now, should be a massive session.
              for the traditional Boxing Day test experience, wear a beer hat like this classy lady

remember to drink the beer first and throw the tinnies at fans sitting below who don't join in chanting\mexican waves etc

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                I watched the first session in the Fitz and actually thought Ingerland looked pretty comfortable, apart from Strauss's stupidity.

That was before all the fireworks though! Siddle getting 6 for feck all
                my annual cricket joke. (ie the same joke every year)

Doctor Doctor, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my arse
                Doc: Hows that?

Don't you fucking start

Comment

I get a report every so often of an thing called an EPC failure. It's now commonly known in here as an EPIC failure thanks to you lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    my annual cricket joke. (ie the same joke every year)

Doctor Doctor, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my arse
                    Doc: Hows that?

Don't you fucking start
                    example of live cricketing humour (true, taken from actual 'banter' in the middle during a test match):

Glenn McGrath (Aussie legend) to Zimbabwe tailender Eddo Brandes: "Oi Brandes - why are you so fat?"

Brandes: "Because every time I fuck your wife she gives me a biscuit."

Comment

example of live cricketing humour (true, taken from actual 'banter' in the middle during a test match):

Glenn McGrath (Aussie legend) to Zimbabwe tailender Eddo Brandes: "Oi Brandes - why are you so fat?"

Brandes: "Because every time I fuck your wife she gives me a biscuit."

this a famous one in Oz..

Glenn McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan - "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?"
                      Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife."
                      McGrath lost it: "If you ever mention my wife again, I'll F***ing rip your F***ing throat out."

Tips hat to Sarwan

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                        Pints u say hmmm.
                        Sure why not, you going?

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                          If you are playing a decent amount then academy points are the easiest way to MiniFTOPs tickets (and no MGR hit). Some of the "challenges" are very simple so you can rack up a few thousand points very quickly.
                          Oh yeah, forgot about the Academy challenges. Thanks for that! Ill def be able to complete enough challenges by then.
                          Last edited by Emperor Badger; 25-11-10, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                            this a famous one in Oz..

Glenn McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan - "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?"
                            Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife."
                            McGrath lost it: "If you ever mention my wife again, I'll F***ing rip your F***ing throat out."

Tips hat to Sarwan
                            Yep, heard a few stories about Glenn McGrath being one of the worst sledgers.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                              Sure why not, you going?
                              Can't be sure til this afternoon.
                              Should really have training at 8 might just have to miss training because the car broke down

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Badger View Post
                                Yep, heard a few stories about Glenn McGrath being one of the worst sledgers.
                                he's a miserable sack of shite, a lot of that great Aussie team were - especially the captain, Steve Waugh. Border was a prick as well and so is Ponting.

great player though

Comment

Any video highlights of the cricket?

The Bulmers Cricket ad is very clever.

Comment

he's a miserable sack of shite, a lot of that great Aussie team were - especially the captain, Steve Waugh. Border was a prick as well and so is Ponting.

great player though
                                    Miserable AUssie sacks of shite >>>being English imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                      Miserable AUssie sacks of shite >>>being English imo.
                                      meh, when it comes to cricket I will cheer for England vs Australia every time

the Aussies are that awful combination when it comes to sports - bad winners and bad losers

at least the English have had lots of practice at losing so they know how to take it well and they're so surprised when they win, that they're like happy little children

Comment

I need to find an audio stream for TMS tonight.

I am using a Roberts internet radio but when I tune in to the Radio Four LW stream there is a Rights Restriction message playing instead of TMS.

So I went looking for an OZ sports station and all I found were some awful shouting Aussies with an ad break after every ball.

Any better ideas than going back to a LW radio?

I could set up a laptop and speakers to use the mgeni / Tor trick to make R4 think I'm in the UK but I'm not even sure that they are even streaming it to the UK. The problem with that is that having TMS on overnight at all is a bit of a delicate subject and the Roberts Radio was supposed to be a solution to the LW interference problem and adding a laptop into the mix could end up in the divorce courts.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          I could set up a laptop and speakers to use the mgeni / Tor trick to make R4 think I'm in the UK but I'm not even sure that they are even streaming it to the UK. The problem with that is that having TMS on overnight at all is a bit of a delicate subject and the Roberts Radio was supposed to be a solution to the LW interference problem and adding a laptop into the mix could end up in the divorce courts.
                                          cricket >>>>wife

if Mrs Strewelpeter doesn't accept this, there really is no option open to you

Comment

meh, when it comes to cricket I will cheer for England vs Australia every time

the Aussies are that awful combination when it comes to sports - bad winners and bad losers
                                            at least the English have had lots of practice at losing so they know how to take it well and they're so surprised when they win, that they're like happy little children
                                            This.

The only time i ever supported the english was when the ashes were on over there....the oz media is ridiculously petty and childish.

Comment

anyway, onto more important matters

not doom and gloom but the putative Republican nominee for the presidency in 2012

she was displaying her finely-honed knowledge of foreign policy yesterday

obviously we gotta stand with our North Korean allies

maybe she knows something we don't?

Comment

not doom and gloom but the putative Republican nominee for the presidency in 2012

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Love how he's able to run the whole gamut of emotions from A to B.
                                                  he picks the very best projects and the very worst projects.
                                                  No banality for the Cage
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The whole appeal of the Ashes is the over-zealous nature of both sets of supporters. The banter is epic. Like last night's hat-trick ball was awesome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unosHG2Z_ho[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                      Morning,

DP..... What on earth have they done with the buses?

I got a life this morning.

Whats up
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I got a life this morning.

Whats up
                                                        Half of them don't go through Chapelizod anymore, some new 25b route.
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

She is the Republicans gift to Obama.

Has any one searched her Irish roots yet? If foot-in-mouth for politicians is actually genetic, i suspect her roots may link her to a certain Minister Coughlan, currently masquerading as our the brains behind our education strategy.

Comment

Irish Economy on Boards.ie has as high a noise/sanity ratio as the poker forum does these days...

Comment

I bet you'd shed a different kind of tear at one of her speeches than the one you did for Obama. She may just top Bush for the 50 dumbest quotes of all time.

Aussies gonna Pom bash. I thought everyone knew the Aussies turned into 10 year olds when playing the Engerlish. It's what gives the Ashes it's wider appeal.
                                                              Similarly the tabloids in the UK sell a lot more for their back pages during these games. It's actually arrogance from both that this is THE game in world cricket.
                                                              Anyway, I tune in to watch and I'm a deffo fair weather cricket fan.

Comment

Just spent 11 minutes on the phone trying to activate my Spanish credit card. During those 11 mins I spoke for a max of 1 min, and am pretty sure I got stung with some insurance charge.

Getting called Don Carlo more than made up for it though.

Comment

some major shit stirring beneath the surface this morning

Rehn has come out and said that bank bondholders should share in the restructuring costs

this makes me happy even though it's two years too late and that lying snake Lenihan has spent tens of billions bailing out the bondholders and telling us it (haircuts) can't be done

10Y yield back over 9% again btw.

Comment

Balls.
                                                                    going to be fun getting home tonight so
                                                                    nothing updated on the dublin bus web site
                                                                    and there was nothing in the spar this morning about it

I take it back

edit again:

actually, the routes shouldnt have changed yet afaik
                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 25-11-10, 11:19.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Rehn has come out and said that bank bondholders should share in the restructuring costs

this makes me happy even though it's two years too late and that lying snake Lenihan has spent tens of billions bailing out the bondholders and telling us it (haircuts) can't be done

David Mc Williams has been proposing some sort of structured default for weeks. FF line was that Ireland wouldn't renege on our debts (including bank debt which the State voluntarily assumed). I noticed Leo Varadkar (FG) suggested on RTE tv analysis after the two o'clock announcement yesterday, and it was freely talked about on Prime Time last night, ditto this AM on Pat kenny with bloomberg columnist.

Problem is that FF seem to be sticking with their 'no default' line.

Any money on the idea that the real reason for the rush to complete this bailout deal is so political parties don't start including 'default' as a policy before the electorate??? It might explain the 'urgency' of not going to the country before a budget even though they keep saying we have enough money until May/June.

Comment

I need to find an audio stream for TMS tonight.

I am using a Roberts internet radio but when I tune in to the Radio Four LW stream there is a Rights Restriction message playing instead of TMS.

So I went looking for an OZ sports station and all I found were some awful shouting Aussies with an ad break after every ball.

Any better ideas than going back to a LW radio?

Are you in Ireland at the moment?
                                                                          Have you a TV in the bedroom?

If so BBC radio 4 & more importantly BBC Radio 5SX(just cricket, no shipping forecasts etc) are on the sky channels

TMS end of day round up is always a good listen

Comment

That all sounded a bit orchestrated with Richard Bruton pushing it back to the top of the agenda minutes before one of Rehns minions came on saying that it was a live option. Maybe they have already appointed RB to Finance in advance of the Election.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                              Problem is that FF seem to be sticking with their 'no default' bailout friends/family/FF financial backers who have bags of dirt on them line.

Comment

Problem is that FF seem to be sticking with their 'no default' line.
                                                                                FF...FF....FF?

nope, doesn't ring any bells

if this is true (still be confirmed), Rehn has just walked up to Lenihan, cut his balls off and stuck them in his mouth. Mafia style.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Balls.
                                                                                  going to be fun getting home tonight so
                                                                                  nothing updated on the dublin bus web site
                                                                                  and there was nothing in the spar this morning about it

I take it back

edit again:

actually, the routes shouldnt have changed yet afaik
                                                                                  I think most of it is here http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-D...Phase-1/Lucan/

I don't think the bus drivers now what's going on tbh
                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Any money on the idea that the real reason for the rush to complete this bailout deal is so political parties don't start including 'default' as a policy before the electorate???
                                                                                    no, it's to:

(a) stop the banks from collapsing as they would have done last week without the intervention

and (b) save Spain (and Italy)

Comment

FF...FF....FF?

nope, doesn't ring any bells

if this is true (still be confirmed), Rehn has just walked up to Lenihan, cut his balls off and stuck them in his mouth. Mafia style.
                                                                                      Ty Mr Rehn if true

Comment

Got my keytrade transfer done. Ty rd3 for the advice and llottie for the heads up on the iban thing

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                          Are you in Ireland at the moment?
                                                                                          Have you a TV in the bedroom?

If so BBC radio 4 & more importantly BBC Radio 5SX(just cricket, no shipping forecasts etc) are on the sky channels

TMS end of day round up is always a good listen
                                                                                          http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/tms
                                                                                          No TV in the bedroom, anyway I have mmds rather than sky, The Radio 4 stream on the TV is from FM and there isn't a LW one.
                                                                                          Does the LW stream on Sky play TMS and does it work Free to Air, i.e if I picked up a Lidl dish without a sky sub could I get it. I think I'll probably just root out an old LW receiver.

The podcast used to be out too late to listen to in the car on the way to work but my new HTC phone should be able fix that

Comment

Have you an updated CPD table, or the 'measure of fuckedness' of Emmet so eloquently put it?

Comment

Guys, quick fabour - could ye click on here and vote for this person for me:

It's just to win a cookery course but I'd appreciate if ye would. TY

Comment

Last week's Boardwalk Empire was f*cking incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                  Have you an updated CPD table, or the 'measure of fuckedness' of Emmet so eloquently put it?

Comment

I hear the geniuses in the NRA are looking at doing some works to upgrade the junctions on the M4, you know that new Motorway to Hell or Connacht or wherever it goes that is only open for a short time now. This plan involves closing the Motorway completely and diverting all the traffic via Kilcock, Maynooth and Leixlip for a week betwen the 10th and 16th of December and again for a week in January.

Seriously WTF

Comment

I hear the geniuses in the NRA are looking at doing some works to upgrade the junctions on the M4, you know that new Motorway to Hell or Connacht or wherever it goes that is only open for a short time now. This plan involves closing the Motorway completely and diverting all the traffic via Kilcock, Maynooth and Leixlip for a week betwen the 10th and 16th of December and again for a week in January.

Seriously WTF
                                                                                                      close it permanently imo, keep the likes of ionapaul out of the Pale

Comment

Thanks, not as much change in it as I thought there would be from a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks, not as much change in it as I thought there would be from a couple of weeks ago.
                                                                                                          <cough>check out the Irish banks CDS<cough>

<splutter>elephant in the room, over there<splutter>

Comment

<cough>check out the Irish banks CDS<cough>

<splutter>elephant in the room, over there<splutter>

Is that basically the banks version of the CPD? Do tell...

Comment

<DOOM and GLOOM>
                                                                                                              Hey Stunty,

Was the Chris turfed out of the Apprentice last night the one you had in our LL?

Trip report from the Fitz please.

Comment

Is that basically the banks version of the CPD? Do tell...
                                                                                                                Damn it you guys, we had him sidetracked on the cricket.

btw
                                                                                                                I hope that reluctant carpet muncher Grange United brushed his teeth this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                  Hey Stunty,

Was the Chris turfed out of the Apprentice last night the one you had in our LL?

Would be amazed if he was. Who's your horse Eoghan?

Comment

Hey Stunty,

dunno, didn't see it. I will check.

Nothing of interest, I won a ticket for the weekend's game. People are lolbad at Satellites.

Doc Farrell is alive and well

Comment

close it permanently imo, keep the likes of ionapaul out of the Pale
                                                                                                                      I'd just take the train - can't keep me out! That new motorway is the business, driving from Dublin to the metropolis of Galway and back is a breeze. I still prefer taking the train though, get to watch a movie or a few episodes of Deadwood without the need to concentrate on the road.

With FG publicly stating they won't be bound by whatever is agreed in the 4-year plan, surely the Government need to step down NOW and hold the election pre-Christmas? If they ever really wanted to prove they have the good of the country in mind rather than trying to preserve a rump FF opposition in the Dail by not touching the PS and the OAPs and shafting the rest of us...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Would be amazed if he was. Who's your horse Eoghan?
                                                                                                                        Stunty has the blonde one Stella? and ex army guy Chris. Im not sure which one is the army dude but a "Chris" was fired last night.

I have Liz. He has the best of it but Im a sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          Snap his hand off with Christopher Farrell (ex-marine guy) imo.
                                                                                                                          advice duly taken so it looks like my guy got the bullet

hotspur levelled me it appears

down to my Stella versus eoghan's Liz

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X