Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I suppose Noel Ahearn and Pat Carey
    two fine sacks of shit

fair play to them
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
      Ignore it for now and call her on wed pretending you have no idea and then drop the must have went off in my pocket line would be my advice. Always nice to punch above your weight but if you were drunk enough to make the 20 calls how sure can you be that their were not serious beer googles involved which I think is probably the bigger question
      No I know her through work shes fairly nice.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Do you think the IMF would do flips against Phil Ivey?
        we've been doing flips for mega-multiples of Ivey's roll for the last two years

hasn't worked out too good
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          two fine sacks of shit

fair play to them
          I asked someone could we change our name to New Fianna Fail and unaffiliate. Didn't go down too well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
            No I managed to do a bit of punching above my weight for a change!

Is it worth sending an email saying I was drunk or the phone went off in my pocket? Or should I just let it go?
            Why not wait until tomorrow (say), then ring her from a number she doesn't have (home/work/phone box) and begin chat as if you knew nothing about the 20 missed calls. Should the subject come up, feign shock, surprise blah blah, then go with the 'phone must have gone off inmy pocket line, really sorry' etc etc

[EDIT - this advice already given in the time it took me to type]

Comment

No I managed to do a bit of punching above my weight for a change!

Is it worth sending an email saying I was drunk or the phone went off in my pocket? Or should I just let it go?
              So she gave you her email and her phone number? Looks like she gave you the wrong number. Easy to verify if the email address was lolgulliblecunt@hotmail.com

Comment

in that case whilst its against alot of peoples advice to start out on a lie I would give her a call during the week and pretend it went off in your pocket rather then do it by e-mail. E-mail is the easiest form of communication to ignore which is not really what your after. Since I generally cant hold a realtionship down for more than 6 mths my advice may not be the best to follow tho

Comment

You surely left at least one voicemail out of the 20 calls Ciaran?
                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Hah first time getting one of these

PokerStars has become aware of players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                      Why not wait until tomorrow (say), then ring her from a number she doesn't have (home/work/phone box) and begin chat as if you knew nothing about the 20 missed calls. Should the subject come up, feign shock, surprise blah blah, then go with the 'phone must have gone off inmy pocket line, really sorry' etc etc
                      I like this plan of attack.

She just works upstairs so I might just drop up for a chat and act dumb.

Comment

Ciaran, seriously, grasp the fucking nettle man. Turn the negative into a positive. Spin it a little but basically accept that you were eager to call her and since she was top of your call list it must have re-dialled it without you realising.

Remove the creepiness of the number of calls and still makes her feel wanted in that "I want to be on you" sort of lothario creepiness I can only assume you have given the calling spree you went on.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          So she gave you her email and her phone number? Looks like she gave you the wrong number. Easy to verify if the email address was lolgulliblecunt@hotmail.com
                          No I know the company she works for so her email is easily figured out

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                          You surely left at least one voicemail out of the 20 calls Ciaran?
                          Balls didnt think of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                            in that case whilst its against alot of peoples advice to start out on a lie I would give her a call during the week and pretend it went off in your pocket rather then do it by e-mail. E-mail is the easiest form of communication to ignore which is not really what your after. Since I generally cant hold a realtionship down for more than 6 mths my advice may not be the best to follow tho
                            Pretty sure she won't believe that it went off in your pocket 20 times. The fact she didn't send you a text this morning saying that she was asleep, had her phone on silent or whatever means she's probably thinking wtf lunatic.

IMO tell her you lost the keys to your house, and the last time you saw them was on the table when you were talking to her and you wanted to know if she picked them up by accident or something plausable

Comment

The pocket trick won't work. A phone will never ring and hang up 20 times in some ones pocket. Just say you were on the piss and crashed at a small party your mates were having and you left your phone downstairs and they ran amok with it. Tell her some other stories of other people they rang and texted.

Comment

John Gormley on Matt Cooper now
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTBQ5h0oaII"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTBQ5h0oaII[/ame]

This lad has clearly been watching the Northern Irish league. Just watch the first goal.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

No I know the company she works for so her email is easily figured out

Balls didnt think of that!
                                    Along the lines of what Kayroo said just man the fuck up and go have a chat with her and apologize but laugh at it as well. Say you were hammered for whatever reason and you dont remember dialing but you were obviously thinking of her. So easy to rectify this if you just use some humour and act casual like it aint no thing. Make a joke ie You'll let her know the next time your out drinking so you can tell her to put her phone on silent! Defo do this face to face and you'll at least come across as not a weird freak and hopefully go out with her in the future.
                                    Last edited by GrangeUtd; 22-11-10, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                      Ciaran, seriously, grasp the fucking nettle man. Turn the negative into a positive. Spin it a little but basically accept that you were eager to call her and since she was top of your call list it must have re-dialled it without you realising.

Remove the creepiness of the number of calls and still makes her feel wanted in that "I want to be on you" sort of lothario creepiness I can only assume you have given the calling spree you went on.
                                      This +1

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                        Along the lines of what Kayroo said just man the fuck up and go have a chat with her and apologize but laugh at it as well. Say you were hammered for whatever reason and you dont remember dialing but you were obviously thinking of her. So easy to rectify this if you just use some humour and act casual like it aint no thing. Make a joke ie You'll let her know the next time your out drinking so you can tell her to put her phone on silent! Defo do this face to face and you'll at least come across as not a weird freak and hopefully go out with her in the future.
                                        This is probably a much better line of approach then what I suggested. If you are going to guess her work e-mail after calling her 20 times she may well think crazy stalker and go for a restraing order rather than meet for a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

It was 4am, he just wanted his hole!

Comment

Hmmm, could this be the first time that the BBV could actually do with a womens advice?

Comment

James Murphy is such a fucking LEGEND! Last night was one of the best gigs I have ever been at.

Crowd was amazing and they went nuts after the money shot @ around 3 minutes into the opener Dance Yourself Clean and continued to go crazy for the rest of the night.

LCD Soundsystem playing the opening track Dance Yrself Clean at the Saturday night show in Tripod, Dublin

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                The pocket trick won't work. A phone will never ring and hang up 20 times in some ones pocket. Just say you were on the piss and crashed at a small party your mates were having and you left your phone downstairs and they ran amok with it. Tell her some other stories of other people they rang and texted.
                                                Best excuse by a mile.
                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                  Seem to have lost my driving license. Need one for Oz.

Leaving on Sunday.

Chances of me getting one before then? Anyone have an idea?
                                                  Did you get that in the post?

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                    Best excuse by a mile.
                                                    Yeah but he's not sure if he left voicemails or not. So you could really come across bad if you go with that lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      So you are FF director of elections.
                                                      What (genuinely question, no AH answers please) will be the election slogan?
                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      we've been doing flips for mega-multiples of Ivey's roll for the last two years

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                                        Yeah but he's not sure if he left voicemails or not. So you could really come across bad if you go with that lie.

Yes, trickey one. He could try accessing her voice mail. Stick a zero in after the pre-fix and before the number and hope she hasn't changed her password. Chances are if he did leave voicemails she left them there as evidence for her restraining order.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Wife works in AIB, she's an assistant manager in an operations dept so I think she should be ok, pretty much fucked if she's among the culled.
                                                          Depends. If they can get aib away for a euro or with some sort of debt equity swap then a large percentage of jobs may survive for a while. However the alternative is that the banks get mashed together and then every job is at risk as you'll have massive overlap.

The latter is the favorite option at present. It'll probably take 6 months to get a clear idea of what is going to happen.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Corbetts fucked.

He should go park outside her house, ring and hang up loads of time, bsically stalk the fuck out of her.

At least that way he can be sure she wants nothing to do with him instead of always wondering if he blew his chance

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                              Best excuse by a mile.
                                                              +2, best advice by far. Easily believed. It actually happened me a couple of weeks ago, no major damage done thankfully and my revenge phone stealing was far far harsher but she'll believe it. If anything 20 missed calls is an easier sell than 5 or something
                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Just a little something to highlight the danger signs were always there

Zombie FF

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3elLmrCmOqo[/ame]
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                  Well played, this sounds like your best chance of fixing it.

Will you be in Galway on Saturday ciaran?
                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

FAO Ciaran "Stalker" Corbett

You looking for a womans take on this then?

Firstly, many years ago I used to wear a wee trendy backpack, in this backpack I had my mobile phone. In them days locking a phone wasn't heard of and On a night out, everytime I went to the jacks or stood against the bar or anything that involved squishing my backpack I dialad my friend Amanda.

I got a call off her a few days later saying I rang her till 4am lol and I apologised and told her I now had AAA as the first person in phone book and it never happened again.

So, the reason for this little story/rant is that sometimes accidents can happen. BUT if you left a voicemail then you are fukked!

Ok, you are a mad stalker lol. But if I was you I would just act cool and chat with her. If she avoids looking at you or looks busy suddenly and starts looking at her phone/computer then kiss this one bye bye.

You will know where you stand from the second she catches sight of you and just take it from there. If the phone suddenly gets picked up and she pretends she on a call then back off.

Woman will usually give huge signals to whether or not they are interested and I am sure you will work it out.

You can ask Auntie Gillian any time

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                      Did you get that in the post?
                                                                      I did. Thanks very much. Got your note too. Good ole chuckle.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

LOL Corbett,

She musta had the beer goggles on

Comment

tonights The Apprentice comes complete with online voting on the website during the show apparently..
                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                            Well played, this sounds like your best chance of fixing it.

Will you be in Galway on Saturday ciaran?
                                                                            Defo gonna be there Danny Should be fun. Do you know any of the others that qualified?

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                            You looking for a womans take on this then?

Firstly, many years ago I used to wear a wee trendy backpack, in this backpack I had my mobile phone. In them days locking a phone wasn't heard of and On a night out, everytime I went to the jacks or stood against the bar or anything that involved squishing my backpack I dialad my friend Amanda.

I got a call off her a few days later saying I rang her till 4am lol and I apologised and told her I now had AAA as the first person in phone book and it never happened again.

So, the reason for this little story/rant is that sometimes accidents can happen. BUT if you left a voicemail then you are fukked!

Ok, you are a mad stalker lol. But if I was you I would just act cool and chat with her. If she avoids looking at you or looks busy suddenly and starts looking at her phone/computer then kiss this one bye bye.

You will know where you stand from the second she catches sight of you and just take it from there. If the phone suddenly gets picked up and she pretends she on a call then back off.

Woman will usually give huge signals to whether or not they are interested and I am sure you will work it out.

You can ask Auntie Gillian any time
                                                                            I'll drop up to the call center tomorrow and she what her reaction is.

Comment

Defo gonna be there Danny Should be fun. Do you know any of the others that qualified?
                                                                              Yeah I know knuckles (Peter Higgins) from Cork, good bloke. Not sure if I know any of the others.

You heading on Saturday?
                                                                              I'm considering heading up on Friday night.

Comment

Just apologise and she'll think you're less of a loser than she would if you take any of the advice given here.

You'll know if she's into you. If she's not, then drop down a few levels until you're more experienced the next time you take a shot.

Please don't figure out her email and send one.

Comment

Yeah I know knuckles (Peter Higgins) from Cork, good bloke. Not sure if I know any of the others.

You heading on Saturday?
                                                                                  I'm considering heading up on Friday night.
                                                                                  I am gonna drive over Saturday morning.

Are you flying up?

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                    Just apologise and she'll think you're less of a loser than she would if you take any of the advice given here.

You'll know if she's into you. If she's not, then drop down a few levels until you're more experienced the next time you take a shot.

Please don't figure out her email and send one.
                                                                                    I don't agree there Tom! If it happened with me, and I wasn't going to say a thing as I wasn't sure what happened and he apologised I would think he was a bit mad in the head and that would be it. Game over. But if I liked him and he acted normal and the mentioned it down the road it wouldn't be so bad.

I do agree on the email part, that is a major NO NO.

Comment

Another for RDIII's list

A second Fianna Fáil TD has called on Brian Cowen to step down as Taoiseach and party leader.
                                                                                      Dublin South East TD Chris Andrews said he was making the call in the light of developments of the past week and particularly today.
                                                                                      Mr Andrews said there should be consultations with the Opposition to find all-party agreement to get the Budget through.
                                                                                      He said if that was not possible there should be an immediate General Election.

Comment

Lol at Kevs new name^^^ Was it you?
                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I'll drop up to the call center tomorrow and she what her reaction is.
                                                                                          "I'm trying to tell you Wendy my phone was going off by accident. Yes, you are the first name in my phone book. No, I'm not very popular. Open the door Wendy."

Comment

I am gonna drive over Saturday morning.

Are you flying up?
                                                                                            Yeah, that's why i'm thinking of heading on Friday.
                                                                                            My flight from Waterford is at 12:30 on Sat. If that gets delayed/cancelled i'm fooked.

Pretty sweet, 40 minutes to Galway, beats the sh1t out of driving!

Comment

Yeah, that's why i'm thinking of heading on Friday.
                                                                                              My flight from Waterford is at 12:30 on Sat. If that gets delayed/cancelled i'm fooked.

Pretty sweet, 40 minutes to Galway, beats the sh1t out of driving!
                                                                                              Obviously not getting mileage

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                Lol at Kevs new name^^^ Was it you?
                                                                                                Of course.

Comment

Plus Ciaran, you spelt Cowen wrong when changing your name on Facebook
                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                    "I'm trying to tell you Wendy my phone was going off by accident. Yes, you are the first name in my phone book. No, I'm not very popular. Open the door Wendy."

Wendy being the first name in your phonebook absolutely brilliant.
                                                                                                    So good. Well played.

Comment

omg gormley's in bits

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                                        omg gormley's in bits
                                                                                                        Dobbo tearing him apart.

Comment

New movie from the guy who directed Moon, Duncan Jones.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvn39RA1aok[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Cowen statement at 7pm.

Resignation?

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                New movie from the guy who directed Moon, Duncan Jones.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khFEdsBEVU0[/ame]

Ironic?

Comment

Labour have died and gpne tp heaven, only problem is heaven is laden with debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                    anywhere to watch his resignation online from the UK? don't suppose sky would be showing it, no?
                                                                                                                    Don't worry - if he resigns they'll go over to it fairly sharpish.
                                                                                                                    They've been non-stop Ireland all day.

Comment

If the government would just legalize weed and give out free chocolate instead of cheese the country wouldnt be in this mess.

Comment

fair play to Cowen, with the times he picks for these press statements, he's keeping hundreds of reporters in overtime wages.
                                                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                                                          Cowen statement at 7pm.

Resignation?
                                                                                                                          If he has a shred of sense left then it should be, but I would say it will say that he is looking forward to the tough challenges of framing the budget and will lead the party into the future.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X