This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
    i have played 3 sats for the ftops main event and iam after getting shafted in all 3

so should i
    (a) try another few sats
    or
    (b) forget about trying to sat in and just buyin straight
    or
    (c) go to the pub
    doesnt matter, you head to Pub with the amount of tax that the governmet will put on this will make it unaffordable, buy in straight, and win you will prob have to pay tax on the winnings, play another few sats and the govenment will charge you a tax for how long you use the internet!

i would buy in win, and be baller and just go to the government there my 40g's now fuck off and leave me alone!

Comment

Dear ireland,

Hi Philip here, of german decent, i know your feeling down but this song always picks me up and keeps me going, no charge

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ww-TQUeA3E[/ame]

Regards

Comment

Time to get new "friends" me thinks as everyone who bothered writing/updating thought the X Factor was the only thing worth mentioning.

I say friend though, it is mainly people who I went to school with and the likes but still very disheartening all the same.

Comment

So which to watch at 10.30? Sober and banal analysis with Dobson on RTE, or angry rants from Browne on TV3. My other option is to watch episode 42 of Star Trek TOS, I'm on episode 41 atm. Decisions, decisions.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

My very first Irish passport is due next week.

Should I bell them in the morning demanding a refund on the basis of false advertising?
            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              So which to watch at 10.30? Sober and banal analysis with Dobson on RTE, or angry rants from Browne on TV3. My other option is to watch episode 42 of Star Trek TOS, I'm on episode 41 atm. Decisions, decisions.
              Watch TV3, record RTE on the NTL/Sky plus. If you dont have plus, the RTE show will be up on the player tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Ballack could do a job.
                Put him in charge of the health service imo

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                  My very first Irish passport is due next week.

Should I bell them in the morning demanding a refund on the basis of false advertising?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                    Got a British one already, don't really need one of those Richie.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Watch TV3, record RTE on the NTL/Sky plus. If you dont have plus, the RTE show will be up on the player tomorrow morning.
                      Bollix to that, watch Family Guy or School of Rock on E4+1

Enough time to be worrying about booking flights tomorrow

Then this is on BBC1 later

Cannot remember if it is any good
                      Was made near the end of Martin's 'not being shite' phase

Comment

Taoiseach's dinner is on this week. Should be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          default has been kicked down the road for a little while

like I said, slow steady decline
                          Glynn, what do you think 3/4 years down the road. I have been mostly avoiding all this shit until now when I realise this shit could be still lingering around when my kids are all grown up. Cowen is a fucking cretin.

Comment

lol. Gillian McKeith (or give her her full title, Gillian McKeith) just threw a faint.
                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              Taoiseach's dinner is on this week. Should be interesting

Comment

Not that I'm complaining, but why has Enda Kenny not been appearing on much of this coverage recently?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                  fuckin Brits always making fun of us. Famine MK II obviously

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Not that I'm complaining, but why has Enda Kenny not been appearing on much of this coverage recently?
                                    Because scary as it is, FG are even more inept than FF.

Comment

Comment

IMf bailouts are nothing. If you want to see what misery would look like switch over to the Norn Iron version of reeling in the years from 1981 on BBC2 now.

That shit is real.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Protester hit by ministerial car outside Leinster House.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                            That's exactly why the default is never going to happen, ya fuckin doomsaying numpty. Maybe you should start driving a taxi.
                                            I'm back!

maybe I should start jobsharing with Howard Finkel

I tell you at - you tell me why we will not default.

Try answering these questions while you're at it:

1. What rate are our banks currently paying on their 165n of Central Bank repos?

2. What blended rate will they replace this emergency funding at?

3. What will our total stock of debt be in three year's time?

4. What will the annual interest bill be on (3) above? What % of our annual national income will this be?

Once you've answered all four correctly, you'll have a very good case for default/non-default scenarios.

Go on, give us your best shot?
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              IMf bailouts are nothing. If you want to see what misery would look like switch over to the Norn Iron version of reeling in the years from 1981 on BBC2 now.

That shit is real.
                                              this is true and good perspective

Comment

Glyn - Any chance of a deposit freeze or restriction on the size/amount of withdrawls or transfers from Irish banks over the next few days/weeks?

Comment

Out playing poker since early and come back to all this, not good. Off to Amsterdam on Thursday tho so fuck it

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Exactly and beyond a certain point it did not matter which of them was in power for the last ten years either. A combination of economic circumstances combined with an inherent greed and stupidity on the part of we the people led us to this point.
                                                    mmmmmm, you're assuming that an alternative government would have behaved with the same staggering blend of incompetence and coruption as FF

it's quite a leap from making the observation that Enda is a muppet (true) to reaching that conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      Glyn - Any chance of a deposit freeze or restriction on the size/amount of withdrawls or transfers from Irish banks over the next few days/weeks?
                                                      as I said some time back;

'desperate men do desperate things'

I'd be pretty surprised though

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                        Out playing poker since early and come back to all this, not good. Off to Amsterdam on Thursday tho so fuck it
                                                        Was there not a post here the other day about Amsterdam stopping their main line of tourism..stock up
                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                          Glynn, what do you think 3/4 years down the road. I have been mostly avoiding all this shit until now when I realise this shit could be still lingering around when my kids are all grown up. Cowen is a fucking cretin.
                                                          I think default is a raging certainty; at some point we have to face up to the fact that our debts are completely and utterly unsustainable. There is no way we will ever be able to afford the interest bill, let alone dream of repaying the principal. (when AndyFB correctly answers the questions I asked him above, this will become blatantly obvious)

Now, what does this mean to Joe Average? As in all questions poker, the answer is 'it depends'. It completely depends on your own circumstances.

Personally, I'm expecting at least twenty years of decline and I'm making plans to leave. I hope not to have to use them.

Comment

Because scary as it is, FG are even more inept than FF.
                                                            quite possible but unproven

no government has ever fucked up as badly as this one (In Irish history)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                              Off to Amsterdam on Thursday tho so fuck it
                                                              Snap, some good gigs on over there this week

Comment

Ireland to receive 70 Billion bailout from the IMF.

Man City have responded with a 90 billion counter bid plus adebayor who is still reeling from his xfactor exit
                                                                VWP. I have thiefed this

Comment

Here's the two pig heads walking behind the RTE reporter...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

as I said some time back;

'desperate men do desperate things'

I'd be pretty surprised though
                                                                    Am I the only one who's somewhat relieved by todays announcement. I was genuinely concerned that we were already heading for 'an punt nua' situation.

Get over it. The apparent wealth of the last 10 years or so was completely mythical imo. Similiar to the Albanian pyramid schemes and no more.

Big whoop. Bankrupt and poor. Same as it ever was.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU[/ame]

Comment

The Week on Politics will be interesting, on RTE right now

no doubt Pravda will fuck it up as usual though, biggest news story ever to hit this country and they weren't even ready for it

Comment

Quality

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                          Snap, some good gigs on over there this week
                                                                          Snap.

Faithless would be great but not sure if its worth the effort of heading to Rotterdam.

Comment

The Week on Politics will be interesting, on RTE right now

no doubt Pravda will fuck it up as usual though, biggest news story ever to hit this country and they weren't even ready for it
                                                                            Fuck them, after the way they handled it today, I'm watching Vinny Browne.

Comment

Well, I've started this bailout as I mean to finish it. Inebriated and in a different country.

I urge those that can to follow suit

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                The apparent wealth of the last 10 years or so was completely mythical imo.
                                                                                a good point, but in 2000 we had the ability to become Switzerland II

it's the missed opportunity that is most infuriating

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                  Snap.

Faithless would be great but not sure if its worth the effort of heading to Rotterdam.

Prob sold out now anyway. Paradiso looks promising.

Comment

Protestor knocked down by a minister's car apparantly..
                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

In non economy news, I saw someone mention a rumour that Ancellotti is or will soon be out of Chelsea. I don't have a source, but considering who I saw that said it, I assume it is twitter related so somewhere between 0-100% certain imo.

Comment

In non economy news, I saw someone mention a rumour that Ancellotti is or will soon be out of Chelsea. I don't have a source, but considering who I saw that said it, I assume it is twitter related so somewhere between 0-100% certain imo.
                                                                                        From what I've heard he offered his resignation and it was rejected.
                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

The rumour is that he is gone, I can tell you it is 100% untrue. He is pissed off but going nowhere.

Comment

a good point, but in 2000 we had the ability to become Switzerland II

it's the missed opportunity that is most infuriating
                                                                                            Jeez,I think I'd rather be broke then Swiss.
                                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I think default is a raging certainty; at some point we have to face up to the fact that our debts are completely and utterly unsustainable. There is no way we will ever be able to afford the interest bill, let alone dream of repaying the principal. (when AndyFB correctly answers the questions I asked him above, this will become blatantly obvious)

Now, what does this mean to Joe Average? As in all questions poker, the answer is 'it depends'. It completely depends on your own circumstances.

Personally, I'm expecting at least twenty years of decline and I'm making plans to leave. I hope not to have to use them.
                                                                                              As I guessed, I fucking hate living up the North but given I can commute within 50 minutes and an option to get paid in stg along with cheap property prices perhaps a move for a few years could be on the cards.
                                                                                              Missus would love this and is currently looking at houses

Comment

He doesnt seem like the "fuck this, im out" type.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                                  As I guessed, I fucking hate living up the North but given I can commute within 50 minutes and an option to get paid in stg along with cheap property prices perhaps a move for a few years could be on the cards.
                                                                                                  Missus would love this and is currently looking at houses
                                                                                                  this is known as 'the peace dividend'

Comment

Some insightful comments from well known financial analysts - Westlife :O
                                                                                                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11802271
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

RDIII, what happens when we default?

What would the best/worse case scenario be?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                        Jeez,I think I'd rather be broke then Swiss.
                                                                                                        sorry, I can't hear you, I'm eating a Toblerone

Comment

LOL at three of us shamefully thieving Denny genius joke and sticking it up on Facebook(I was first though)

Im surely getting out of this country just as soon as I avail of free/cheaper college fees. Fuck that if im paying buckets of tax over the next 20 years
                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Raoul, what effect can this have on our banks, can tehy be merged etc? Where do mortgage contracts stand if your bank is closed or merged to a different one?
                                                                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Pff all of us here can manage to get European money into the country without even having to pay it back already. Poker is the way out of this mess. Forget the cheese, training site subscriptions for all!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                RDIII, what happens when we default?

What would the best/worse case scenario be?
                                                                                                                totally dependent on external factors i.e. if the Euro still exists (and if it does, if we are still in it)

Comment

this is known as 'the peace dividend'
                                                                                                                  Lol very true the missus will love me even more and I think the savings in itself could be a salary on its own.

Edit: In other news just shipped a 350 bb pot

Comment

Pats Colts game has been very good so far

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                      Raoul, what effect can this have on our banks, can tehy be merged etc? Where do mortgage contracts stand if your bank is closed or merged to a different one?
                                                                                                                      yes, there'll be huge consolidation and yes, you'll still have to pay your mortgage

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                        He doesnt seem like the "fuck this, im out" type.
                                                                                                                        He is unhappy at Wilkins being let go, has basically been told he is the asst and manager now
                                                                                                                        Internet rumours spread like wildfire as he is unhappy
                                                                                                                        loltastic bookie skybet slash odds
                                                                                                                        Twitter adds 2+2 and gets 5 (Ancelotti gone)

The rumour of him being told his contract won't be renewed is BS imo.

Either mindless speculation or City have come knocking and he entertained the idea.

Comment

jesus, Hanafin gets all the suicide missions

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X