X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Where is the address, on the radio?

Fairly shitty is just starting on RTE1
    Think its a statement in press conference format as opposed to an actual address. 8.15 the appointed hour seemingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      less than one hundred billion, according to Sky News

well that's a relief
      According to the Belgian Finance minister. Sure we'd be mad to trust the Belgians with anything financial.

Where's that Keytrade place again?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        you need to close and restart after typing in the command
        Trap1: There should be no space between the word 'active' and the colon.

/active :yes is wrong.
        /active:yes is correct.

Trap2: You need a forward slash before /active

Net user administrator active:yes is wrong.
        Net user administrator /active:yes is correct.
        I tried that before and just there and got
        System error 5 has occurred

Access is denied

Comment

Odds on the 7pm/815 announcement being that they're bringing back the McRib?
          http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
          http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

What's the deal with the Michael McDowell lookalike getting arrested outside the dail on Sky news?
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              I tried that before and just there and got
              System error 5 has occurred

Access is denied
              Could be nothing to do with it, but are you running command prompt as administrator?
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Politics.ie is even down, things must be bad!

Comment

jesus, RTE are shocking, no mention of this at all

No. 1 IMF saving; disband it permanently
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

RTE coverage is lolbad. Thank fuck for the BBC keeping us in the know.

Comment

jesus, RTE are shocking, no mention of this at all

No. 1 IMF saving; disband it permanently
                      Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      RTE coverage is lolbad. Thank fuck for the BBC keeping us in the know.
                      Great minds....

Comment

this possible to watch online?

Comment

will i ship the loots to moneybookers just in case?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Wade looks good but Waites is shitting himself imo

Comment

interest rate on this facility is critical

if it's zero*, we have a small chance of not defaulting

anything above that and it's game over

*obv. it won't be zero

Comment

Why are RTÉ not showing this.

Comment

Seems RTE 2 covering Cowen's statement. The listed programme is 'Master of disaster'

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    Why are RTÉ not showing this.
                                    because they're a bunch of cunts

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                      Could be nothing to do with it, but are you running command prompt as administrator?
                                      I can't get in as administrator any more, tried to switch user and it crashed machine.

Comment

This geezer on BBC News 24 is loving this.

Comment

Every news station in Europe is covering this and we're showing Fair City on our main channel. LOL us.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Is this on the wireless? I have to hit the road soon.

Comment

This geezer on BBC News 24 is loving this.
                                              Buik?

he's excellent imo

Comment

Cowen obv. watching Fair City

it's about all any Taoiseach will be allowed do for the next 20 years

Comment

because they're a bunch of cunts
                                                  Unreal. I want to watch us selling our souls and get a Irish slant on it. Not English telling us about it and how great they are at same time.

Comment

Buik?

he's excellent imo
                                                    Ya he's bang on. But you can see his delight and sense of Britian is Great again with every word

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Unreal. I want to watch us selling our souls and get a Irish slant on it. Not English telling us about it and how great they are at same time.
                                                        you can hardly blame them

the funny thing about the English is that they actually really like us

Comment

I wonder if Cowen's statement is actually just a reaction to pope Benny saying that Johnnies are alright afterall?

Comment

Ya he's bang on. But you can see his delight and sense of Britian is Great again with every word
                                                            You got it too.

Comment

No, he was just relieved that they can print their own currency

they're fucked too

Comment

streaming live from 20:27

Comment

I know they do, I am not saying it the usual rabble rabble English suck way, but they love to stroke their massive egos, don't want to listen to that while being told how doomed Ireland is.

Comment

I wonder if Cowen's statement is actually just a reaction to pope Benny saying that Johnnies are alright afterall?
                                                                    we'll breed our way out of it

Comment

Finally! Thank you.
                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

RTE finally!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                          Finally! Thank you.
                                                                          you're welcome

you English cunt

Comment

Resign you fat useless sack of alcoholic shit

just do it

accept your incompetence and go off and drink yourself to death

Comment

For Sale

Two 48" flat screen TV's

Almost new

Please contact Dept of Finance

Crisis over!
                                                                              You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

I'd say if your a person in a random European country watching this and it's the first time they saw our leader Biffo, most of them would be thinking no wonder they're fucked.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11805529

finally admitting the bail out. cowen due to make statement as soon as xfactor gets going
                                                                                  This was my favourite line.
                                                                                  The Sunday Times speculated that the Republic's bail-out package would be worth up to 120bn euros....However, Mr Lenihan said the total would "not be three figures".

I've been living out in the wilderness more or less for the last few months with my dog and laptop. Tbh I don't even have a tv and had not been following the whole economic armageddon thing all that closely apart from skimming thru bbv and the odd bit on the radio.
                                                                                  One thing I dont get about the recovery plan that Im probably misunderstanding. If we get 100billion from imf @5%interest and make 16billion in cuts over 4 years do we not owe more than that in interest alone at the end of the 4 years? And wasn't our national debt like 75billion at the end of last year already? So we'll be trying to pay around 9 or 10 billion in interest pa forever more with no chance of actually reducing the loan - probably little chance of even repaying the interest. And even if they get the deficit down to 3% by 2014 does that not imply that we'll still be borrowing and therefore increasing the size of the loan and increasing the interest to be paid back even if the plan works.
                                                                                  I'm sure the flaws cant be that obvious

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    I'd say if your a person in a random European country watching this and it's the first time they saw our leader Biffo, most of them would be thinking no wonder they're fucked.
                                                                                    he hasn't slept for ten days

believed not to be his longest-ever bender but pretty close

Comment

At least Lenny can speak concisely and coherently, without notes, and maintain eye contact with a camera.

They may not be skills which help us out of the crisis, but every cloud etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                        This was my favourite line.
                                                                                        The Sunday Times speculated that the Republic's bail-out package would be worth up to 120bn euros....However, Mr Lenihan said the total would "not be three figures".

I've been living out in the wilderness more or less for the last few months with my dog and laptop. Tbh I don't even have a tv and had not been following the whole economic armageddon thing all that closely apart from skimming thru bbv and the odd bit on the radio.
                                                                                        One thing I dont get about the recovery plan that Im probably misunderstanding. If we get 100billion from imf @5%interest and make 16billion in cuts over 4 years do we not owe more than that in interest alone at the end of the 4 years? And wasn't our national debt like 75billion at the end of last year already? So we'll be trying to pay around 9 or 10 billion in interest pa forever more with no chance of actually reducing the loan - probably little chance of even repaying the interest. And even if they get the deficit down to 3% by 2014 does that not imply that we'll still be borrowing and therefore increasing the size of the loan and increasing the interest to be paid back even if the plan works.
                                                                                        I'm sure the flaws cant be that obvious

no, you're right

that's why default is inevitable

Comment

the two boys are anxious to get to the pub imo

Comment

I have to say it by the way:

"I told you so"

Comment

lol, I presume the market is closed on this xfactor elim?
                                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

i think your all over-reacting, i mean nothing really will change! i for one am goign to sleep tonight and wake up in the morning! go to work and listen to everyone bitch and moan for the whole day

it would have be total lol if England had bailed us out, the queen coming on sky news and sayin something along the lines of we told them they couldn't cope without us!!

Comment

Biffo totally dodging the issue as to his own culpability

he should be shot

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                    i think your all over-reacting, i mean nothing really will change!
                                                                                                    this isn't right Philip

there will be a slow steady decline for years

Comment

i can't believe the insensitive cunts started this at 8:30 the same time as the 250 seat sat for the ftops main event.

Comment

Come on now lads. Politicians get a lot of stick but they're here working on a Sunday evening. Really hope they claim the sunday allowance to make it worth their while
                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Around 330 people on the politics forum on boards, over 1000 on After Hours. No wonder we are fucked

Comment

now dodging the issue of sovereignty even as the tricolour is being replaced by the German flag overhead

in all seriousness, would any of you vote for these dudes in a GE?

anyone? Bueller??

Comment

God, I hate Brian Lenihan so much I hope he gets cance......

Comment

Cowen and Paige.

Comment

Things must be bad, raoul logged in on a weekend?
                                                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                    Things must be bad, raoul logged in on a weekend?
                                                                                                                    I'm going to go soon

Mrs Duke thinks I'm up to something illicit

Comment

Funny thing is most of the country is thinking how did Wagner get through.

Comment

I'm going to go soon

Mrs Duke thinks I'm up to something illicit
                                                                                                                        We all know this is pure porn to you anyway!

Comment

I signed up to Fianna Fail youth a few years back for a free can of coke
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X