This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    everyone at me about a coke dealer in the jacks of Coppers.

I don't even smoke FFS!
    k, we've had some word that there is some bad red rope licorice circulating in the crowd. Please stay away from the red rope licorice. Do not bite any off or chew it. It could cause potential emergency..
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lads in all fairness everyone takes me way too seriously on here.

CHD nearly crying last night when I slagged him about the boards soccer forum, Icky at me over some fat yoke I didn't even fuck and now everyone at me about a coke dealer in the jacks of Coppers.

I don't even smoke FFS!
        No, you and people take me too serious. I post shite. You think I care what people say on internet, lolz!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          No, you and people take me too serious. I post shite. You think I care what people say on internet, lolz!
          Internet is the closest thing i have to real life and normal people

Comment

Why don't people get jokes!?

For the record, I wasn't even in Coppers last night

Comment

Heh,sure,been to bed yet?
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post

I get the reference, but did you post because they are decent too?
                What was the reference?,I didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  OK, I got bored and was looking for something on vbulletin, when I found this other thing. It is certainly not the most technoligically advanced thing ever, but there is now an 'Arcade' button on the navbar at the top of the page, beside the Forum Jump menu. There are a few games in there that can be played, all classics from before most of you young'uns time. Only the default few are installed now, but there are loads more than can be installed I think.

Probably not going to be used much, but we'll see I guess.
                  I think you should add Pac-Man in there .

Comment

Sergio Martinez devastating KO of Paul Williams last nite (10:42s in)
                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZl3h37mEis"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZl3h37mEis[/ame]

Comment

People do get jokes , its just that they are usually about Kerrymen instead of from them

Comment

Bastard tetris.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                          Heh,sure,been to bed yet?
                          I've been in bed - does that count?

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                          People do get jokes , its just that they are usually about Kerrymen instead of from them
                          Jealousy obv

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            Sergio Martinez devastating KO of Paul Williams last nite (10:42s in)
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZl3h37mEis
                            Some punch, lol at the ref doing the count when he's out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                              I get the reference, but did you post because they are decent too?
                              Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                              What was the reference?,I didn't get it.
                              There wasn't really a reference. Lazare talking about what Spar was selling, and when i was in Spar yesterday, i didn't expect to see a big stand with "As seen on The Apprentice" and these bars in the shop. Didn't taste one btw

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                Kenny Powers is the man!

Have you seen all of season 2?
                                Sorry Danny, logged off straight after that post. No, I've only seen one ep so far, series linked it though. Love him
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Such a horrific lack of good sport today. Saturday was a little greedy this weekend.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    Sorry Danny, logged off straight after that post. No, I've only seen one ep so far, series linked it though. Love him
                                    Phew thank god I was nearly gonna post a few clips from season 2
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Phew thank god I was nearly gonna post a few clips from season 2
                                      I don't think it would matter, it's the kind of show that's impossible to be spoiled. Great line from last night, the Mexican baseball owner, "that's racist man, I love racistism" lol

Comment

Lol Keane btw, one major side effect of the oul dickie doo is cringin about the night before. It's usually bullshit you've spoken that nobody remembers though. Ul man.

Comment

Lol Keane btw, one major side effect of the oul dickie doo is cringin about the night before. It's usually bullshit you've spoken that nobody remembers though. Ul man.

I actually don't take drugs btw!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                            Nobody ever answer a question like that on here, thanks. I wouldn't take such matters to PM either, but that's just me.
                                            nit

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            Apart from the partying bit, this really sums up my weekday life.
                                            Been out every night this week, and criminally lacking in sleep, been feeling like an absolute Louis Lavelle!

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Right, hitting the hay. Said earlier how much I love covers, would be interested if anyone has any weird/alternative versions of famous songs by bands they love that people wouldn't have heard.

I'm a huge Noah and the Whale fan, criminally underrated teenage angst band imo! Here's their take on The Smith's - Girlfriend in a Coma.

Copy and paste some of your favourites folks!
                                            Idk, I thought they're first album was great, the second one not so much.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hztIyihRFq8[/ame]

seeing them live was funny though since most of the band were doppelgängers for some of our friends.

Comment

I actually don't take drugs btw!
                                              Yeah sure

Sooner or later you'll hit the point where denial subsides and you'll realise what your dealing with. Your fooling nobody here.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Sorry about the tip Friday night guys/girls. Lad that gave it to me was on the ball recently so I thought it was a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  Marc Coleman is one of the greatest knob jockeys of all time (in a country which is not in short supply of them)

how in the name of Allah he still finds work is beyond me
                                                  has his own party now:

Comment

Lads,

iPhone screens, how would one go about getting them fixed?

Small crack appearing on mine... whats my best course of action?
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Anyway, the Rugby.

Encouraging performance. We played really well, but they were purring too - and to beat them we would need to be tippy top with them having an off day. There were a couple of little things in it between losing by 8 points or the eventual 20 point margin. As a fan, I have zero complaints about the effort put in by the Irish team on the day. They just weren't good enough, but we knew that. At least we made them work for it, unlike Scotland.

I always have a different take on things than other people, but for me D'arcy was man of the match. It wasn't pretty, but his tackling and rucking were absolutely immense. He got through an absolute pile of work all around the pitch. A real combative blood and guts display. Indeed, their killer try just before the break came after he had disrupted their ruck and forced the ball loose. Unfortunately the ball broke kindly for them and we were too tired to pile in on it like we would have been able to even 10 minutes earlier.

O' Driscoll and O' Callaghan stood up to the big occasion like I would expect Munster men of their ilk to do. Indeed, our first try had its origins in a great rip of the ball by DOC in the ruck. Ferris was magnificent, Cronin impacted the loose really well, BOD gave you what you expect (defensive indiscipline for their second try aside).

As always, the bad performances are more fun to talk about. Kearney is a disaster zone. There is zero purpose when he gets the ball, he is missing cover tackles, making poor decisions with when and where to place his kicks. Needs to be dropped and left to re-imagine things. His competence under the high ball is simply not enough to justify selection at this juncture.

Healy was very lucky not to concede a penalty try deep in the second half. On one level, everyone has to learn to scrum at this level and he is a contributor in the loose. But at this rate you'd have to start asking the question of whether we can afford him against Australia in 10 months time? Court held up his end of the bargain and made some good hits mind.

Wallace had a very, very bad game. The man is 34 and will be in the WC squad on merit, but he will need to be watched carefully between now and then. He may not be the right man to start those games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What I'd Change:

Earls for Kearney

Very obvious at this point to be honest. Kearney on form would bring a lot more to the table, but he is way off what he is capable off and has been for a while.

Stringer for Reddan

This seriously has to happen. Yes, it defies logic in some ways that Stringer is still the man for the job (certainly the IRFU didn't think he'd last when they left him with a provincial contract only), but the bread and butter of a scrum half is quality delivery from the base of the ruck. Reddan is more mobile, better defensively - but that doesn't fucking matter when he takes so long to dig it out and get it to Sexton / the rest of the back line.

Hopefully O' Leary will be back and in full health for next year of course, but I'd be removing Reddan from the equation when that happens.

Re - imagine the Hierarchy from 4 - 8

MOD manned up yesterday, Wallace didn't. Are they going to be on the plane for the WC? Probably. But we know what they bring to the table at this stage. I'd really want the likes of Ronan, Toner and O'Brien to be more in the mixer over the course of the Six Nations. These lads need game time, and we need as many options as possible coming towards NZ so that people are on their toes / we have strength in depth if we get another POC type injury. That leads me into my next point though...

The Bigger Picture

While yesterday was a welcome move in the right direction, what is becoming abundantly clear over the course of this tour is that we have - yet again - completely misjudged a World Cup cycle. Aside from persisting with Hayes too long, we just haven't given enough game time to the younger talent from 4 - 8, haven't developed any real options for the center pairing, and we will pay a big price next September.

The French and English teams we played in 2008 and 2009 were highly experimental and developmental. Both Federations were brave enough to risk the baby being thrown out with the bathwater following the WC, and they are poised to reap the rewards for this approach next year. The English game we played in the Six Nations last year was the toughest we had played in years. Their performance against New Zealand another marker of a team pulling it together at the right time. France have been ticking ever since the 2009 Six Nations, including a win down in New Zealand last summer.

The Grand Slam was great. We all enjoyed it. But it came with our two biggest rivals firmly fixated on a bigger goal. What the IRFU really needs to do after the WC ends next year is sit down with Kidney and ask him if he's committed for the following four years. If not, bring in someone with a four year plan in mind. Then jettison every player who won't make the 2015 WC (including O' Driscoll), and start building with that in mind. Yesterday was a big occasion, and losing to South Africa sucked. But people will remember the acute pain of the French and Argentinian 2007 defeats when we're back in the big show next year.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I don't think it would matter, it's the kind of show that's impossible to be spoiled. Great line from last night, the Mexican baseball owner, "that's racist man, I love racistism" lol
                                                        Ah I would rather see them for the first time in context so you can laugh your head off

Yeah he is brilliant in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                          Lads,

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                            Sorry about the tip Friday night guys/girls. Lad that gave it to me was on the ball recently so I thought it was a good thing.
                                                            Never apologise for giving out a tip. It's up to people to do what they like with the info. If people started exercising bankroll management when it comes to their sports betting as they do with poker then a loss on 'a tip' doesn't matter a jot.

Comment

Beat - scored 52k in space invaders but it didnt save my score

your high score is meaningless teddy

Comment

@ Llyod - did you really think Wallace was that bad? I thought he made some good line breaks and his rucking didn't look too bad on tv. Then again you easily know more about it than me. What did he do/didn't do that was so bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                  Lads,

I seen an ad in a dundalk paper on thurs for a company that fixes screens on iphones , i will ring my aunt and see if she still has it .

Comment

gonna play the poker tonight 1st time in a while. Anything decent on anywhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                      @ Llyod - did you really think Wallace was that bad? I thought he made some good line breaks and his rucking didn't look too bad on tv. Then again you easily know more about it than me. What did he do/didn't do that was so bad?
                                                                      Wallace is 34 now hes been breaking lines and making tackles at senior level since he was 20 that takes its toll. Yesterday he shipped a huge double hit from Nonu and Mc Caw early in the game as a result he knocked on twice/three times and kicked away possession twice, he was shattered after5 mins of the 2nd half, he is not a robot.

Not so sure N.Ronan is good enough but imo at this point he is a better option than S.O'Brien.

Good to see Cronin get some game time against a good side.
                                                                      Good see D.O'C back to his usual busy self in the loose and lineout.
                                                                      Tom Court performed more than adequatley in our scrum(NZ scrum is not particularly strong though) and got in some good work in the loose.

The stats don't lie, yesterday the tackle count and possession was two to one. You never win a test match with thise stats. Saying that however you dont play NZ every week either.
                                                                      The performance was a waste and pointless if we dont show up next saturday against the Pumas.

NZ are definately fallible fwiw. I've already backed France and Australia for the RWC 2011.
                                                                      France have been building away quietly for 2 and a half years because 6N and Grand Slam cgampionships come to them easier than most they have targeted a RWC in 20011 as a huge opportunity for them as imho they are the biggest nation not to win one.
                                                                      Australia I backed just because they'll find a tight five in time for the world cup and when they do their backs are young skillfull fast and creative enough to take on NZ on the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                        I seen an ad in a dundalk paper on thurs for a company that fixes screens on iphones , i will ring my aunt and see if she still has it .
                                                                        www.iphonecentre.ie , 6 & 7 Upper Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Co. Dublin
                                                                        01 872 8722

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                          Well, the bar is very high when you talk about Wallace. His brilliance has always been his ability to take crash ball in close and break the gain line despite contact and a lack of space. He just didn't do that yesterday. He knocked forward on a couple of occasions when you would never expect him too, and I think he was a yard off it at the breakdown.

As Aya rightly says above, he took some big hits early and he is 34. It is unreasonable to expect him to keep fighting through the torture and produce huge displays at this stage of his career. For me, it is something we have to monitor closely between now and the next WC.
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

My nokia 5800 is out of action, feels like my right arm has been cut off.

Time to get a HTC desire i'm guessing?

Comment

@ Lloyd.
                                                                              Do you think the World Cup is winnable for Ireland? Because what you've suggested, basically the abandonment of any serious attempt at winning the 6 Nations in the couple of years after a World Cup, only makes sense if we believe we can win the subsequent World Cup.

Otherwise we should continue with our current system of going all out to grab whatever 6N glory we can whilst France/England are doing their post WorldCup experimentation.

Comment

LOL

Craig bellamy arrives in 20mins late to ford football special hungova to bits

Comment

Well, the bar is very high when you talk about Wallace. His brilliance has always been his ability to take crash ball in close and break the gain line despite contact and a lack of space. He just didn't do that yesterday. He knocked forward on a couple of occasions when you would never expect him too, and I think he was a yard off it at the breakdown.

As Aya rightly says above, he took some big hits early and he is 34. It is unreasonable to expect him to keep fighting through the torture and produce huge displays at this stage of his career. For me, it is something we have to monitor closely between now and the next WC.
                                                                                  Just to add. Wallace will be retired in a couple of years and its going to be a long time before we have a player capable of doing what he was doing at his peak. More than that though, he's going to be one of the first Irish players to retire who have been a fully professional rugby player for their entire adult career. And he's been an ideal role model for those to come after him through the system. Never talks to the press, no controversy, all his talking done where it counts - on the pitch. He's obviously worked his balls off to keep in the nick he's in too. A great servant to Irish rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    @ Lloyd.
                                                                                    Do you think the World Cup is winnable for Ireland? Because what you've suggested, basically the abandonment of any serious attempt at winning the 6 Nations in the couple of years after a World Cup, only makes sense if we believe we can win the subsequent World Cup.

Otherwise we should continue with our current system of going all out to grab whatever 6N glory we can whilst France/England are doing their post WorldCup experimentation.
                                                                                    We've never progressed beyond a World Cup Quarter Final. For me, getting into a semi - final / final is surely a worthy goal? As to whether that is achievable, the only nation we've never beaten is New Zealand. If we peaked right for these tournaments, and avoided New Zealand on our half of the draw - we could have a proper crack at it.

You want to progress, and true progress is striving for the level France are at - where they turn up to compete at every WC while being a factor in the Six Nations and Test series as well during the intervening four year period. For me, our present approach is somewhat of a half way house - muddling along and always putting off major redevelopment.

Comment

Just to add. Wallace will be retired in a couple of years and its going to be a long time before we have a player capable of doing what he was doing at his peak. More than that though, he's going to be one of the first Irish players to retire who have been a fully professional rugby player for their entire adult career. And he's been an ideal role model for those to come after him through the system. Never talks to the press, no controversy, all his talking done where it counts - on the pitch. He's obviously worked his balls off to keep in the nick he's in too. A great servant to Irish rugby.
                                                                                      Comes from a family of naturally big built men which is an advantage come gym time etc.
                                                                                      Brother Richard was a winger with serious gas as a youngfella while Paul was a beefy powerhouse (albeit a wanker too) and I think David has a bit of both.

Very hard to replace him only second to O'Driscoll in irreplaceability(that even a word?).

Incidentally someone mentioned BBC analysis being poor well George Hook tried his best to make a fool out of himself on RTE too, with stuoid ambigous comments like New Zealands best player was Carter and thats why all the scores came from the forwards WTF?

Also Ireland cannot win a world cup next year.

Comment

iphone - I am pretty sure someone posted a link to where you can buy a new screen online and a youtube video on how to fit it.

Obv this would void the warranty.

Opr

Comment

Funny hand, what are my odds of winning after the flop?

Dealt to Hero [Qc Kh]
                                                                                          bigkokarek folds
                                                                                          x silence x raises to $1.75
                                                                                          Hero calls $1.75
                                                                                          RocknRolla0 folds
                                                                                          Maffyew folds
                                                                                          Nathanell raises to $6.75
                                                                                          x silence x calls $5
                                                                                          Hero raises to $19.55, and is all in
                                                                                          Nathanell has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                                          Nathanell calls $12.80
                                                                                          x silence x raises to $48.10, and is all in
                                                                                          Nathanell calls $28.55
                                                                                          x silence x shows [Qs Qh]
                                                                                          Hero shows [Qc Kh]
                                                                                          Nathanell shows [Kc Ah]
                                                                                          *** FLOP *** [7s Jd 6h]
                                                                                          *** TURN *** [7s Jd 6h] [Th]
                                                                                          *** RIVER *** [7s Jd 6h Th] [Ac]
                                                                                          x silence x shows a pair of Queens
                                                                                          Nathanell shows a pair of Aces
                                                                                          Nathanell wins the side pot ($57) with a pair of Aces
                                                                                          Hero shows a straight, Ace high
                                                                                          Hero wins the main pot ($56) with a straight, Ace high

No need to critique the play, obv messing about

Comment

Earls for Kearney

Very obvious at this point to be honest. Kearney on form would bring a lot more to the table, but he is way off what he is capable off and has been for a while.

Don't think Earls is good enough for fullback either. He made mess of simple catch catch yesterday and seems to struggle under the high ball. We have few options though. I'd probably stick with Fitz there.
                                                                                            Last edited by Teddie; 21-11-10, 14:34.

Comment

Could be P45 time for Rafa!
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                Funny hand, what are my odds of winning after the flop?

Dealt to Hero [Qc Kh]
                                                                                                bigkokarek folds
                                                                                                x silence x raises to $1.75
                                                                                                Hero calls $1.75
                                                                                                RocknRolla0 folds
                                                                                                Maffyew folds
                                                                                                Nathanell raises to $6.75
                                                                                                x silence x calls $5
                                                                                                Hero raises to $19.55, and is all in
                                                                                                Nathanell has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                                                Nathanell calls $12.80
                                                                                                x silence x raises to $48.10, and is all in
                                                                                                Nathanell calls $28.55
                                                                                                x silence x shows [Qs Qh]
                                                                                                Hero shows [Qc Kh]
                                                                                                Nathanell shows [Kc Ah]
                                                                                                *** FLOP *** [7s Jd 6h]
                                                                                                *** TURN *** [7s Jd 6h] [Th]
                                                                                                *** RIVER *** [7s Jd 6h Th] [Ac]
                                                                                                x silence x shows a pair of Queens
                                                                                                Nathanell shows a pair of Aces
                                                                                                Nathanell wins the side pot ($57) with a pair of Aces
                                                                                                Hero shows a straight, Ace high
                                                                                                Hero wins the main pot ($56) with a straight, Ace high

No need to critique the play, obv messing about
                                                                                                Round 3% or 35 to 1 shot
                                                                                                ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                                I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Can anybody explain to me why people hate Katie Waissal so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                    CPT are on in Naas. 120 FO with 15k stack starting at 5. Think it has the 5k guaranteed as usual so should be decent

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                      SE is my choice tonight, €1500 guarantee 30-45 runners kicks off at half 7 you shouldnt be up too late when you win it

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      My nokia 5800 is out of action, feels like my right arm has been cut off.

Time to get a HTC desire i'm guessing?
                                                                                                      Desire HD imo

Comment

Ah Fifa rage again, I give up with that game for a bit, 4 games today 3 canceled on me, probably because I was hammering them

Time to get stuck into Black Ops.

Comment

Can anybody explain to me why people hate Katie Waissal so much?
                                                                                                          Something must have happened in the media that I missed too!

I think Wagners time could be up, goodriddance too he's not even funny anymore.
                                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Ah Fifa rage again, I give up with that game for a bit, 4 games today 3 canceled on me, probably because I was hammering them

Time to get stuck into Black Ops.
                                                                                                            I'm online there, give me a shout for Fifa or black ops.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                              Something must have happened in the media that I missed too!

I think Wagners time could be up, goodriddance too he's not even funny anymore.
                                                                                                              Yeah like she comes across as a bit of a dope at times but there is absolute hatred for her over on boards.

Don't really get it...

Comment

Yeah like she comes across as a bit of a dope at times but there is absolute hatred for her over on boards.

Don't really get it...
                                                                                                                Gotta hate something.

Comment

Desire HD imo
                                                                                                                  From where though?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                    CPT are on in Naas. 120 FO with 15k stack starting at 5. Think it has the 5k guaranteed as usual so should be decent

5 pm I'll be in Nass but visiting pity it wasnt 7ish

cheers anyway

Comment

SE is my choice tonight, €1500 guarantee 30-45 runners kicks off at half 7 you shouldnt be up too late when you win it

Desire HD imo

sounds like a good time, might see you there so

I'm playing the PGA down by Goffs tomorrow, anyone played it before, looking forward to it despite the weather

and off to the driving range now.

Comment

Just over in the old place, ghost town!

Comment

Just over in the old place, ghost town!
                                                                                                                          The Jayofella thread is a good laugh if you haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X