Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that football tennis story is great, first result into youtube isn't half bad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXVzCfavIfk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXVzCfavIfk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      Jaysus, getting raped in poker today so far, time for a few hours break I think - I'm continually amazed by the amount of players with OPR ratings of less than 50% who play dozens of tournaments a day, each and every day, it is great for the poker economy but surely if they are pissing away thousands a year (or tens of thousands in some cases) someone needs to tell them to stop for their own good? Particularly surprised at those who have significant drip-drip losses in PLO MTTs, I would think you either learn how to play and stick with it or go back to NLH, not stay playing month after month throwing away your hard earned cash.

Going to Montys of Kathmandu for dinner tomorrow night before heading out, can't wait, it is awesome. Saagar are having another good deal on Boardsdeals.ie if anyone is interested, I got this a few months ago and it really was ok, so will go again. What do people think of Marco Pierre White's place on Dawson Street? I've never been but might go next Tuesday before the comedy gig in the Olympia.
      what gig is on there man?

never been to a comedy gig really and love to go to a good one.
      looking for excuses to get out of the house and not play poker as well,so the timing is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
        what gig is on there man?

never been to a comedy gig really and love to go to a good one.
        looking for excuses to get out of the house and not play poker as well,so the timing is perfect.
        A guide to live music, club, theatre and comedy news and events information in Ireland and around the world.

Ross Noble
        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

What a fcking day.
          Inadvertently broke half the ATM's in Africa and have been bursting my hole since 5 o'clock this morning trying to sort it. No good, it can't be done without having people visit them. FML
          Ah well its the weekend and hard luck to any unfortunate hoor in wildest Zimbabwe who can't get any cash till they come back online. I didn't mean to do it , it was an accident like
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I thought through what you are talking about in respect of barter / virtual money thing a few years ago HH. It was actually an extension of thinking about you "secret handshaking f****".

What I concluded from my thinking through it was that due to the fact that social capital is so low in large urban areas with such a lack of community that it could only flourish in kind of self contained smaller towns and areas.

Time was when people used to get a plumber in who lived up the road. Now who of us these days living in a large urban area would even know if the person 2 doors down were a plumber? And we're not going to see their little posted notice on the church bulletin board. We don't even use the yellow pages anymore.

I think there is a fundamental and intractable issue there about the meaningfulness of community these days. We here on IPB are a community. This radical widening of the geographic and social felt meaning of community means that we no longer rely on physical proximity.

We ask the mighty BBV for help not randomers who happen to live within a geographic radius of us whom, due to our ever increasing secularism, we don't have much of an opportunity to meet in any central place. So we don't even know them.

So if the concept is to work it is only likely to work in some parochial anachronistic backwater where people still know your business and give a tuppeny f*** about local town pride.

We don't bowl alone anymore. We bowl virtually. And bartering is P2P file sharing. Get with the times man

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              What a fcking day.
              Inadvertently broke half the ATM's in Africa and have been bursting my hole since 5 o'clock this morning trying to sort it. No good, it can't be done without having people visit them. FML
              Ah well its the weekend and hard luck to any unfortunate hoor in wildest Zimbabwe who can't get any cash till they come back online. I didn't mean to do it , it was an accident like
              This needs more detail.

Also does anyone think that eejit Prime Minister looks like Paul Bearer, someone please upload the relevant pics.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                2 mojitos for €10, i look forward tomorrow to not remembering tonight

Edit: may be some easy money in the Voodoo later as a result
                Where??

Comment

Found this funny

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JhiFbEo34&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JhiFbEo34&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    emigrate back here and we'll talk about it

edit; actually I'm in the mood for a fight. What's your advice to Joe Average who's got two kids, stuck in Negative Equity in a poxy house miles from anywhere, whose wife has lost her job, whose kids schools are falling down and whose own pay is being pilfered for the next 30 years to pay back the debts that the FF scumbags foisted on to us? Bend over and take it??

GTFO, you've got some very impressive academic qualifications but you haven't a fucking clue how things work in real life. I've called this thing correctly over a number of years and your call has pretty much been 'it'll be grand'. You even thought Lenihan was doing a good job FFS. You strike me as a farily delusional Peter Pan figure tbh, what age are you - 30 or so? You come across like a naive child.

Now shove that up your mortarboard.
                    I'm only at HH's first response, so forgive if the following has been stated, discussed or settled.

Pretty shocked by this response Glyn, ad hominem attacks aren't usually your style.

Anyway, back to my popcorn.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                      Got a tentative bit of word for Youm Mutamiz 7.00 Dundalk.
                      Currently 3/1 7/2 most places.
                      In!
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I think we should all sit down with a nice cuppa tae and watch our troubles float by.

Mushroom Tae that is

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          So if the concept is to work it is only likely to work in some parochial anachronistic backwater where people still know your business and give a tuppeny f*** about local town pride.
                          It's a testament to your growth as a person that you managed to type the phrase 'parochial anachronistic backwater' without so much as a nod to cark ;-)

Also, you're right about communities existing more online than irl. Would be interesting to see how the virtual money system worked online.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                            In!
                            +1 , on at 4's, guy's on ATR also fancy this to win

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              Shocking stuff from the Dutch. Do the people of Amsterdam in particular not realise that other than the liberal sex/drugs laws their city has basically nothing going for it whatsoever? Bring this proposal into effect and Amsterdam would be left with a few museums (which are no more 'stand-out' than those in about 50 other European cities), and Anne Frank house, (possibly the most boring tourist attraction in the world). Their city would effectively have as much tourist appeal as Gelsinkerchen, Warsaw or Naples.
                              The sort of place you might visit once in your life for a two night weekend if the flights were a bit cheap and nowhere good was available.

Hopefully sane heads will prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                It's a testament to your growth as a person that you managed to type the phrase 'parochial anachronistic backwater' without so much as a nod to cark ;-)

Also, you're right about communities existing more online than irl. Would be interesting to see how the virtual money system worked online.
                                sure isnt online poker virtual
                                sure it's not REAL money.

I like the idea HH, a bartering/pay it forward system is utopian in theory but like Hotspur said, the lack of community now would be a major hinderance to it achieving any success.
                                Individual case studies might work due to people's enthusiasm to be part of the study, not part of the ideal.

IPB is a nice virtual community although a virtual system of bartering on download links, pc help, head gasket repair and the occasional legal advice would create a power vacuum.
                                I think given the nature of communities now, where not a lot of people actually build/create or have a trade would lead to a similar power vacuum.
                                A virtual currency would need to have defined values as saying x hours fixing a rip in my suit = y hours of you preparing a legal brief would be inable to work. On the flip side, assigning values based on the current 'real money' system would make the entire project redundent.
                                Imo.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Impressive gamble that, well done backers.

Comment

Boom ship at 4/1

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                      Ship ship!

N1 Aya.

Comment

wp Aya.

Now to blow it all on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                          FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                                          Just saw post after my comment on HH's plan
                                          and missed betting.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Smashing try Leinster.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              for some reason or other I can drink mojitos all night and not get hammered.
                                              Maybe the mint and my blood create an alchol scrubbing toothpaste on my liver....
                                              Must look into that.
                                              Could be a goldmine.
                                              Never fear lads, I got this.
                                              Well whatever magical powers you have DP in this regard I don't want!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                Hey Bubble, if ya get limerick, I'll have a room coming up to rent about then Got a lecturer in at the moment, her contract ends in summer.
                                                cheers man thanks

unfortunately I wont know till next August which is both a pain in the hole and feck all good to you

Comment

I drank about 10 mojitos one night and not a bother on me, then had ONE pint of Guinness and turned into Norman Wisdom .

Communities ? The decline in communities has had a lot to do with the tiger boom, we've built our walls high to protect our cushy livestyles, this lack of community has to an extent been replaced by the internet, however I see this trend reversing over the coming years. There is nothing like shared suffering to bring people together.

Comment

Well whatever magical powers you have DP in this regard I don't want!!
                                                    believe me I dont want it.
                                                    I love Mojitos but it seems a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      wp Aya.

I was just about to give all the credit to New Approach. Memory loss FTW. Cheers Aya, nice one.

Night Glimmer for the loots in last Dundalk !!

Comment

Come west along the road
                                                        RTE1

Class

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                          wp Aya.

safe bet imo. Great stream here too!

Comment

Just so you're clear Hitchhiker, thanks to me, Dazzler, and DeadParrot your project is now getting funding to set up an online poker site.

I don't know who's supposed to be reminding us of this, but since he forgot this week here's the latest Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wo0klNPrDk[/ame]

Comment

I had to skim over today's most interesting debate and I look forward to reading it properly later.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              We need to become a technocracy IMO.

Politics has ruined the country
                                                              http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy
                                                              Meh,I don't really like techno music.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Does anybody know what the story is with Dicey's Jaegerbombs by the way? I must have had 12 of them last night and I was hardly drunk and not a bit hungover today.

I feek robbed
                                                              Thinly veiled booty call with a certain lady brag imo.

MOW HEE TOE

MOW HEE TOE

Want.Brian is my hero.
                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                Meh,I don't really like techno music.
                                                                I expected so much better than this. "No you're gay", while out of context, would've been far far funnier!

Technocracy is a form of government in which engineers, scientists, health professionals and other technical experts are in control of decision making in their respective fields. The term technocracy derives from the Greek words tekhne meaning skill and kratos meaning power, as in government, or rule
                                                                In all cases technical and leadership skills are selected through bureaucratic processes on the basis of specialized knowledge and performance, rather than democratic elections. Some forms of technocracy are a form of meritocracy, a system where the "most qualified" and those who decide the validity of qualifications are the same people. Other forms have been described as not being an oligarchic human group of controllers, but rather an administration by science without the influence of special interest groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  What a fcking day.

Comment

I'm sorry I've let you down Emmet.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      Just so you're clear Hitchhiker, thanks to me, Dazzler, and DeadParrot your project is now getting funding to set up an online poker site.

I don't know who's supposed to be reminding us of this, but since he forgot this week here's the latest Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wo0klNPrDk

lol Farmyard to table strategist

Comment

Coogan's impression of Roger Moore always cracks me up

Skip to 5:20

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOc_ZbrEvXs&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Highlight of an otherwise boring night in work last night was a girl I work with telling me about one of her friends from Cork who thought FML stood for Fuck Me, Like
                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Brag: Thank you Aya, got on at 4/1

Beat: Birmingham airport is closed, due to fly in there tomorrow with the wife and her dad (bringing him over for the football, first game he will/might have gone to in 5 years)

Variance: Winnings gone on Night Glimmer in the last at Dundalk...
                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Ship ship I love it when a plan comes together

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                Beat: Birmingham airport is closed, due to fly in there tomorrow with the wife and her dad (bringing him over for the football, first game he will/might have gone to in 5 years).
                                                                                Did you see why? Horrific news!

Also, for all the Hermione lovers here, really? I mean, really?

Comment

Changed the door handles in the house this week, was about to throw the old ones out when I decided to stick them up on adverts.

11 pairs, stuck them up online for €25 and threw them under the stairs thinking I may sell them at some stage.

Fuck me, within 24 hours three people are fighting over them, should've stuck them up for 50.

I could start a bidding war, but wouldn't be fair on the first oul'one.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

go Fiji

Comment

Did you see why? Horrific news!
                                                                                      Shocking alright.

Fucking airport is cursed, last year got snowed in when I was due to travel there for the away game in St. Andrews.

Still this is what happens when you try and take shortcuts to save money I guess.
                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

What happened at Birmingham Airport?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                          What happened at Birmingham Airport?

Birmingham airport crash: two injured after plane accident in heavy fog
                                                                                          Two people have been injured, one critcally, after a small light aircraft carrying tranplant organs crashed in a ball of flames at Birmingham airport.

Comment

Coogan's impression of Roger Moore always cracks me up

Skip to 5:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOc_Z...eature=related
                                                                                            Michael Caine off

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIQIpC5_wY[/ame]

Comment

coming down off a natural high is nearly as bad as coming off an artificial one - im feckin wrecked.

Have to muster up energy to go drinking

Comment

Some ignorant corporate cunt parked in my car parking space, feel like kicking 12 shades of shit out of his transit van.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                  Some ignorant corporate cunt parked in my car parking space, feel like kicking 12 shades of shit out of his transit van.
                                                                                                  CLAMP him!!

Get your hands on a clamp asap and lock him down. Leave your phone number on the windscreen too. Video the lot.

PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                    coming down off a natural high is nearly as bad as coming off an artificial one - im feckin wrecked.

Have to muster up energy to go drinking
                                                                                                    A mojito should sort you out BK

Comment

A mojito should sort you out BK
                                                                                                      were all you guys saying you couldnt get dunk off mojito's? that kind of nullifies my whole ethos on drinking

Comment

were all you guys saying you couldnt get dunk off mojito's? that kind of nullifies my whole ethos on drinking
                                                                                                        Just one of them was..

Congrats btw
                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Oh no, I gets plenty drunk on em

Comment

note the web address of that pic BK....housewsifeonline.co.uk (and not the readers wives variety either)

Comment

CLAMP him!!

Get your hands on a clamp asap and lock him down. Leave your phone number on the windscreen too. Video the lot.

PLEASE
                                                                                                              I could have had people coming over tonight (no, srysly), thing is though, I've been living here a few months and trying to rent out the spot, finally have some guy tomorrow is going to be parking his classic car there, and now some ignorant cunt is there.

So, I don't really want to clamp him (not that I have a clamp) or even get him clamped, I want him gone.
                                                                                                              Strangely though, it's some company called www.w39.ie which seem to service properties, apartments/commercial, etc.
                                                                                                              So I've txted the caretaker to ask if they are contracted to the building, it's possible they parked in the wrong space, doubtful. And it's possible they are contracted by the management company. Either way, cunts.

Called the company and left a voicemail and txted the caretaker, but it's out of office hours so who knows. Wish I knew someone who was good at stealing cars/vans, I'd give them a call.

Comment

I do love my Baileys

Comment

Wish I had some A0 sized paper, might go for something like this in the obligatory wind screen note...

GET OFF MY LAND

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post

IMO

P.S can you find a working clip of Bridie? I can't seem to.

Comment

IMO

P.S can you find a working clip of Bridie? I can't seem to.
                                                                                                                      rte cunts pulled it from youtube.

here: http://bigmentaldisease.com/crumbs/r...n-on-rte-news/

Comment

Got any stickers? Superglue?

Nothing like a bit of vandalism to start the weekend

Comment

Bleugh. Leinster throw away a Bonus Point there, Boss with a rush of blood. Connacht got beaten in the last 2mins too, sickness!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X